Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

14 minutes ago, william77 said:

6. Country boy by johnny cash. Love me some johnny cash. 

I'm one of those people who really likes Johnny Cash because my parents listened to him so much. He's the GOAT.

15 minutes ago, CanucksFan said:

I personally wasn't on the team when the two losses happened, but preparing for the next game.

You were! All of today's games were posted here. You got about 10 and 13 minutes in each game respectively, and you even ended up taking a faceoff draw... and winning! 😄

7 minutes ago, Fergie said:

1. As a hometown boy who grew up in Halifax, I would highly recommend seeing downtown Halifax and The Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21.

Honestly I would love to visit the East Coast. I have friends getting married in Newfoundland (for some reason) this year, but flights are expensive as hell so they may have to kick rocks. Of which there are plenty in Newfoundland I'm sure.

2 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

3 Questions Answered = 1 Capped TPE

6 Questions Answered = 2 Capped TPE

Please answer in full sentences

Week Ending February 6th, 2022

Polo GIF by Ephram

1. The Halifax 21st have been #blessed enough to attract the attention of a wonderful group of waiver pickups this off-season! How should they spend their first night in the city?

2. S82 has literally just begun and the 21st got smoked in two consecutive games against the Philadelphia Reapers. What are some things you like to do to get over a tough loss?

3. With fewer than average draft picks this past off-season, the team could be considered to be in somewhat of a rebuilding phase, and may not be projected to place particularly high in the standings this season. Are you comfortable with playing in this kind of underdog role?

4. What are your first impressions of the VHL and the VHLM? If you're a veteran member, what WERE your first impressions and how did they end up developing with your time in the league?

5. Which do you prefer: Milkshakes or Smoothies? What flavour?

6. What is a song that you are absolutely vibing to right now? If you're not a music person, what's something else you're thoroughly enjoying at the moment?

|@CSkams15 @Fergie @Drew Essen @Jack Riley @David Cobberson @CanucksFan @BleedBlue52 @tcookie @Azjha_59 @jacobaa19 @Charlie22 @william77 @Jérémy Louchard @Yahtzee @LiningPolecat @Hunter Blaisdell|

1. Well it’s my first couple nights here too I’m not sure what they’ll do but I’m joinin them!

2. Back when I played highschool hockey my very first year we went into every game knowing we’d get destroyed. I’m used to these games and I get over it pretty quickly.

3. The only reason I came back to the M this season was to win. I want to win. Sure if we can just barely squeak in to the playoffs I’ll be fine with that. My goal this season is winning.

4. Oh back when I joined it wasn’t even half of what it was today. The past 3 years have seen huge improvements in the sight and ease of access. When I joined we still had to update our player manually.

5. Depends really sometimes milkshakes sometimes smoothies and no particular flavour.

6. A English band called Mumford and sons is my favourite band. Anything by them is my go to.

4 hours ago, william77 said:

1. As one of the new pickups myself, I'll just be hanging out with some of my teammates and try to get used to the culture around here. 

2. Well Philadelphia is one of the best teams in the leauge, losing to them is nothing we should be ashamed of. We just gotta bite the bullet and regroup for the next game. 

3. I don't mind it at all, I love being an underdog. We just gotta give it our all and try to please the fans during this period. 

4. Seems to be a great community, loving it so far. 

5. Easy, Vanilla milkshake.

6. Country boy by johnny cash. Love me some johnny cash. 

Nah if your listenin to Johnny some of my favourites are Sunday morning comin down and one piece at a time

1. Personally I really like the pier. Everyone is very nice and it is good time no matter your age.

2.  We played one of the early front runners to make it all the way. We should come out of the gates firing today and show the rest of the league we mean business for the rest of the year.

3. The underdog role is perfect for us because we have a lot of under the radar guys that could really flourish in this role. It also makes it that much sweeter when we win.

4. As the "Vet" of the team I was definitely overwhelmed. But a soon as you get on a team everyone is so nice that its not so bad. You get used to flow of things quite early and feel like a part of whatever team you are on.

5.  I prefer smoothies and strawberry banana is the best no question.

6. Ive been bumping After party by Don Toliver a lot lately for some reason just because its such a vibe to listen to.

22 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

Polo GIF by Ephram

1. The Halifax 21st have been #blessed enough to attract the attention of a wonderful group of waiver pickups this off-season! How should they spend their first night in the city?

2. S82 has literally just begun and the 21st got smoked in two consecutive games against the Philadelphia Reapers. What are some things you like to do to get over a tough loss?

3. With fewer than average draft picks this past off-season, the team could be considered to be in somewhat of a rebuilding phase, and may not be projected to place particularly high in the standings this season. Are you comfortable with playing in this kind of underdog role?

4. What are your first impressions of the VHL and the VHLM? If you're a veteran member, what WERE your first impressions and how did they end up developing with your time in the league?

6. What is a song that you are absolutely vibing to right now? If you're not a music person, what's something else you're thoroughly enjoying at the moment?

|@CSkams15 @Fergie @Drew Essen @Jack Riley @David Cobberson @CanucksFan @BleedBlue52 @tcookie @Azjha_59 @jacobaa19 @Charlie22 @william77 @Jérémy Louchard @Yahtzee @LiningPolecat @Hunter Blaisdell|

1) check out the city, it's beautiful - take a walk down the boardwalk and given our team name, they should also check out Pier 21

2) you never like to lose, but have to have a short memory in this game, it happens to everyone. just hanging out with the team and having some fun, having a good locker room and team camaraderie helps get over those kinds of things

3) I'm comfortable playing in an underdog role, but I'm also not going to just accept that we're rebuilding and going to finish low. I'm going to give it my best effort and I think we can be a playoff team and see what happens there.

4) I joined right ahead of a big recruiting rush and signed with Miami for my first player. Rice did such a good job as a GM there and taught me and the other waiver players we got a lot about the league. We ended up sneaking in as the 8-seed, going on a run and winning the cup with myself, Cabe McJake, Sheldon Juniper and a couple others. So... that definitely helped the league make a good first impression on me

5) milkshakes, and I like vanilla

6) surface pressure from Encanto for some reason, its been stuck in my head for days? lol

On 2/1/2022 at 8:23 PM, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

Polo GIF by Ephram

1) My first night in the city with my new team has passed, but it is never too late to go out for food and drinks and get to know everyone!

2) It's important to never take a loss against a top-tier team personally, we just have to keep going out and putting in the best effort possible daily.

3) I'm still very young and am just excited to get any chance I can to play! I'm just excited to be here and eventually help the team reach that ultimate goal.

4) The league and the concept are great, and I'm excited to explore everything VHL has to offer in the long term!

5) Milkshakes definitely, but I like occasionally drinking smoothies instead to feel healthy. Cookies and cream or mint milkshakes, and for smoothies, definitely mango.

6) Rolling 7s by Dirty Honey. The band played before the Winter Classic and I have been listening to their music a ton since.

1.Since im new and havent been here very long i have really no idea.

2.I was just singed yesterday so i didnt get to see those games but to get over a tough loss i normally try to just think about the next game.

3.oh ya 100 percent. Playing as an underdog is something i love especially when you can upset teally good teams.

4.its some what Confusing but when you can get some help from your teammates it gets easier.

5. I prefer milkshakes, chocolate is my favorite flavor.

6. Eminems venom song is the one im vibing to rn it just came out of no where and now i love it.

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending February 13th, 2022

Excited Aww GIF

1. After 15 games, every human skater on our roster has scored at least one point. How do you feel about your individual production so far?

2. @samx has been making an effort to balance our players' ice time, but with such a large roster it can be difficult. How do you feel about the amount of playing time you are receiving?

3. Have you joined Halifax's Discord Locker Room? If so, is there anything management or anyone else can do to improve it? If not, what's something we can do to improve your VHL/VHLM experience right here on the forum?

4. While you all play in the VHLM, there are TWO other higher tier leagues above it; the VHLE, and the VHL. Have you been following either of these leagues at all? If so, is there any team you have a good first impression of (that you may like to get drafted to)? If not, is there a VHLM logo that you particularly enjoy?

5. Tomorrow I have to travel to spend at least two full days working in 2-3 feet of snow, and it's going to be a very poor experience. What's the worst job you've had or the worst task you've ever been made to do?

6. Speaking of traveling, what's the furthest away from home you've ever been?

|@CSkams15 @jpdavidson8787 @Fergie @Drew Essen @Jack Riley @David Cobberson @barryst @CanucksFan @BleedBlue52 @tcookie @Azjha_59 @jacobaa19 @Charlie22 @william77 @Jérémy Louchard @Yahtzee @Ratty @LiningPolecat @Hunter Blaisdell|

1. I feel alright about my production but I want it to increase way more 

2. I feel alright about it but I think I just need to start being more productive to get more minutes 

3. yes I have, I have no currently suggestions on either 
4. I haven’t been paying much attention to the leagues ahead of me

5. Shoveling the driveway in 2017 

6. 7 hours away in Alabama 

22 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

Excited Aww GIF

1. After 15 games, every human skater on our roster has scored at least one point. How do you feel about your individual production so far?

2. @samx has been making an effort to balance our players' ice time, but with such a large roster it can be difficult. How do you feel about the amount of playing time you are receiving?

3. Have you joined Halifax's Discord Locker Room? If so, is there anything management or anyone else can do to improve it? If not, what's something we can do to improve your VHL/VHLM experience right here on the forum?

4. While you all play in the VHLM, there are TWO other higher tier leagues above it; the VHLE, and the VHL. Have you been following either of these leagues at all? If so, is there any team you have a good first impression of (that you may like to get drafted to)? If not, is there a VHLM logo that you particularly enjoy?

5. Tomorrow I have to travel to spend at least two full days working in 2-3 feet of snow, and it's going to be a very poor experience. What's the worst job you've had or the worst task you've ever been made to do?

|@CSkams15 @jpdavidson8787 @Fergie @Drew Essen @Jack Riley @David Cobberson @barryst @CanucksFan @BleedBlue52 @tcookie @Azjha_59 @jacobaa19 @Charlie22 @william77 @Jérémy Louchard @Yahtzee @Ratty @LiningPolecat @Hunter Blaisdell|

1. Individual? I mean good i guess.

2. I feel I should be out a lot. And I am out there quite a bit so it’s ok.

3. Im not real chatty in either discord or the forums so I can’t really comment

4. I don’t follow either leagues at all. Always a fan of LA’s logo

5. Sit alone for 10 hours. Worst job ever.

6. My school actually planned a trip to Europe. I live in Canada and jumped at the opportunity to travel.

6 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

Excited Aww GIF

1. I am hapoy with my offensive production (7pts) but the thing is I am a defensive defensemen and I'm -13... So I will try to improve that.

2. I really do trust Sam on that, he's been hanging in this league for a while now.

3.Honestly, the forum is cool and the team chat even better, I have nothing in my mind right now that I would like to be change.

4.I think my ultimate goal is to win the VHL championship so I just want to be part of a good team.

5. Well I do work outside too and in Québec, this is not always fun!  But the worst in my old job as been to clean the bathrooms.  Always hate that.

6. I never left America, So I'll say Cuba fast like that.

6 hours ago, jacobaa19 said:

Sit alone for 10 hours. Worst job ever.

Sounds like scaling trucks! Only 10 hours is too short. 😛

45 minutes ago, Jérémy Louchard said:

2. I really do trust Sam on that, he's been hanging in this league for a while now.

She* ;) 

45 minutes ago, Jérémy Louchard said:

1. I am hapoy with my offensive production (7pts) but the thing is I am a defensive defensemen and I'm -13... So I will try to improve that.

I wouldn’t sweat this too much, plus/minus follows the team, and our team is pretty fresh!

8 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

Excited Aww GIF

1- I feel like my player could produce way more than that but we’re all playing as a team and that’s ehat we need to do

2-I feel like im getting enough right now, im a rookie and that’s what i need right now to improve myself

3-The LR is insane, the mood is really nice and I think it’s perfect so there’s nothing really i can suggest to improve

4- It’s not even been a week since I’m back in the league so not that much but I enjoy the Prague Phantoms loho

5-I’m a bit too young for that but the worst thing was to fin my glasses I dropped at the bottom of the lake one time

6- I’ve been to Paris and I’m from Montreal

9 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

Excited Aww GIF

1. I feel like its great that everyone has gotten a point. However, i feel like we need a bit more production from the team collectively to win games consistently

2. Well im on the first line so im getting around 20 minutes a game so im. very happy with my ice time. Also shout out sam for trying to include everyone and not just saying thats how the cookie crumbles or some other dumb metafor.

3. I have and the atmosphere is great there. Everyone is supporting everyone and theres even a casino.

4. Well i have allready been drafted so i think i have to say the Oslo Storm and Cologne Express. 
5. I had to take my dog out in the middle of a thunder storm where it was poring rain so that wasnt fun at all.

6. I have been just over the US border in Ontario at the Lake of the Woods. (Im from Missouri)

0F1C9690-0A7D-4C75-A907-05823E72D41B.png

I haven't been producing as much as I want (3 points 15 games).

The ice time has been awesome, I almost feel like I get too much lol.

I'm not in the Discord, and I can't think of anything that I want changed except for me to score more lol.
I've been following the VHL a bit, and I would say the Seattle Bears. Obviously Halifax has the best logo.

I have a massive driveway, shoveling the snow last year wasn't very fun.

I've been to NY from the west coast.

14 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

Excited Aww GIF

1. Well, I've only contrabuted one goal to this team, but it's something I plan to improve.

2. For my first year in the VHLM and with a low TPE compared to the rest of the squad, I find my minutes fair and sqaure.

3. Yes I have, and it is such a great group to hang out with, and we all bond very well together.

4. I haven't been following either leagues as much as the VHLM, I still woud find it amazing if any team really drafted me, making one of my wildest dreams come true. And for the logos, I find all very well made and pleasing to the eye.

5. Whenever my youth team had to make money, they would take three kids at a time and we would stand in front of a store, for example, Canadian Tire, and asked for donations when people walked in. And we didn't stand ther for a simple 10-30 minutes no no no no no, they would make 10 year-olds stand ther for 2-3 HOURS. So ye.

6. That would have to be the lovley state of Florida. My family would take an annual trip to somewhere in Florida, until. you know, COVID.

16 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

1. I'm doing better than I thought I would, so I'm happy with where I am.

2. I'm fine with whatever ice time I get, as long as I can contribute to the team

3. not much, it's good as is, if anything maybe a bot like dankmemer?

4. I'm already the AGM of Vasteras, so I'm hoping to go there when I move up the VHLE

5. shoveling my driveway in 2 feet of snow in below-freezing weather

6. I went to Paris, France in 2013 when I was 8 (I live on the east coast of the United States)

On 2/8/2022 at 1:06 AM, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

Excited Aww GIF

1) I'm okay with my production, it would be nice to get my first goal, but I am generally fine with the number of assists I have.

2) I feel great about the amount of playing time I am receiving, I fully trust Sam with adjusting playing time as needed.

3) There is nothing I think that needs to be improved with the locker room, as it is already a great and welcoming environment.

4) I have not been looking at nor scouting the other leagues whatsoever, but I really like the Seattle Bears logo, as simple as it may be.

5) I was a cashier for 2.5 years... I think that's all that needs to be said.

6) I'm from Philly and I've been to southern California, but this summer I am going to Denmark and Finland!

1) A little lower than I'd have liked, but not too shabby.

2) The GM's job isn't easy and I think Sam is doing a great job, no complaints here.

3) Yup, and I think it's a pretty lively group! We're doing good on that front.

4) Sorta the VHL since my player is in it, but other than that, not really. I know the VHL teams already and can't really choose at this time so I'm going to answer the second question, I've always liked Miami's logo.

5) I went in to work some OT applying a patch by myself on a stat holiday once. Was supposed to take 2 hours, things went wrong and I ended up being there for around 10. That wasn't much fun. Off the top of my head I'd have to go with that.

6) I was going to say Orlando, but upon reflection, I think St. John's  Newfounland is actually further, so that one.

4 hours ago, jpdavidson8787 said:

I'm from Philly and I've been to southern California, but this summer I am going to Denmark and Finland!

Sick! I’ve never been to Europe before. Who are you going with?

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending February 20th, 2022

title sequence credits GIF

Happy Valentine's Day ❤️ Hope you're all ready for some strange questions

1. Happy Valentine's Day to all you lovely boat folks out there. What does your ideal night look like on this fake "holiday?" ❤️

2. Most of you have been part of the league for nearly half a season now. Are there any players or members you've come to admire, secretly or otherwise? ❤️

3. While "less than three" is mostly romantic in its use (i.e. ❤️ ), it's actually mathematical in its origin. What is something you wish you had less than three of? ❤️

4. If you're answering this press conference, you must enjoy the VHL at least somewhat. What's something about it that you LOVE the most? If you're having difficulty answering that, what's something in general that you LOVE the most?❤️

5. It's common for people to buy chocolates and/or flowers for Valentine's Day. What is your favourite chocolate and/or flower? ❤️

6. I realized today that my copy and pasting of these Press Conference formatting may look a bit janky for those who use Dark Mode on the forum. Do you use a light theme or a dark theme on the forum, and how janky have my posts looked, on a scale of 1-10? ❤️

| @CSkams15 @jpdavidson8787 @Fergie @Drew Essen @Jack Riley @David Cobberson @barryst @CanucksFan @BleedBlue52 @tcookie @Azjha_59 @jacobaa19 @Charlie22 @william77 @Jérémy Louchard @Yahtzee @Ratty @Hunter Blaisdell @samthemancub |

1. date night at either my house or my boyfriend's house

2. anyone named Sam, especially if they play for Halifax

3. homework assignments, I have 3 major projects due by the end of the month

4. how easy it is to update, it's so easy to just click the + or - buttons

5. Milk Chocolate, Himalayan Blue Poppy

6. Light theme (I didn't even know there was a dark theme) your posts have looked fine

1. Me, Myself, and I with snacks just chillin.

2. All the Sam's are pretty cool even though there are way to many of them.

3. I wish i had less than 3 tests. tests suck and 3 of them makes them suck even more.

4. I like the community around it. Everyone is super nice and helpful.

5. I like milk chocolate and poppies.

6. I use dark cuz i dont want to burn my eyes and personally they look fine with the red accents of dark mode.0F1C9690-0A7D-4C75-A907-05823E72D41B.png.3739b7be9d4cbc08a366b2b78221e7c9.png

23 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending February 20th, 2022

title sequence credits GIF

Happy Valentine's Day ❤️ Hope you're all ready for some strange questions

1. Happy Valentine's Day to all you lovely boat folks out there. What does your ideal night look like on this fake "holiday?" ❤️

2. Most of you have been part of the league for nearly half a season now. Are there any players or members you've come to admire, secretly or otherwise? ❤️

3. While "less than three" is mostly romantic in its use (i.e. ❤️ ), it's actually mathematical in its origin. What is something you wish you had less than three of? ❤️

4. If you're answering this press conference, you must enjoy the VHL at least somewhat. What's something about it that you LOVE the most? If you're having difficulty answering that, what's something in general that you LOVE the most?❤️

5. It's common for people to buy chocolates and/or flowers for Valentine's Day. What is your favourite chocolate and/or flower? ❤️

6. I realized today that my copy and pasting of these Press Conference formatting may look a bit janky for those who use Dark Mode on the forum. Do you use a light theme or a dark theme on the forum, and how janky have my posts looked, on a scale of 1-10? ❤️

| @CSkams15 @jpdavidson8787 @Fergie @Drew Essen @Jack Riley @David Cobberson @barryst @CanucksFan @BleedBlue52 @tcookie @Azjha_59 @jacobaa19 @Charlie22 @william77 @Jérémy Louchard @Yahtzee @Ratty @Hunter Blaisdell @samthemancub |

1) My fiance and I actually don't care much for Valentine's Day, so its pretty much just a regular old evening for us.

2) There are a lot of great people in this league. I've been here longer than half a season but... fromtheinside, fishy, spartan, ricer. you and sam are pretty great too

3) Less than 3 more days before the weekend would be nice lol

4) I've been into sim hockey in general for a while and the idea of being my own player is kind of cool. I also like the community here, even though I'm not as active in it as I used to be... there are a lot of great people that are part of this league.

5) Purdy's hedgehogs but they are super expensive :(

6) Dark mode and they're fine. It's only bad if you get dark font on dark background or light font on light background by accident, which you have avoided.