JhmlGX6.png
Halifax 21st Press Conference

3 Questions Answered = 1 Capped TPE

6 Questions Answered = 2 Capped TPE

Please answer in full sentences

Week Ending May 1st, 2022

Help Me Love GIF by Daddy's Home

🤷‍♂️

Note, if you're not a fan of these questions, and haven't answered previous ones, feel free to use old questions instead! Hell, you can even pull them from a completely different thread!

1. What is your favourite aspect of the VHL?

2. Did you do off-season Predictions? If so, how are you feeling about them now that the season has come to life? If not, why not? You scared? come on bro (Plagiarized from @fishy)

3. Speaking of off-season TPE opportunities, did you participate in a VHFL group? If so, do you enjoy selecting a VHL fantasy team? If not, have you seen Berocka's Super Coach idea?

4. I love doing Podcasts, they're easy and fun. And I would love to have YOU as a special guest some time! Is that something you would be interested in?

5. Who was/is your favourite teacher in school, and why?

6. My step dog-hter is always so incredibly excited to see me if I've been gone for 5 hours or more 😊.  What's something that never fails to put a smile on your face?

|@barryst @jpdavidson8787 @Juhnux @Mitz @Jayrad28 @Fergie @Bryce @jsdeac @Jack Johnson @Azjha_59 @Otaznik @Sam_19 @Yahtzee @Ian Kingston @william77 @LiningPolecat @samthemancub|

Edited by JardyB10

1. My favorite aspect is the community within the teams

2.no 

3. Also no

4.i would be down it seema like a great opportunity to chat and hangout

5. My volleyball coach and gym teacher Mr.c hes such a good dude

6. My dog, when o come home after school she jumps up on my bed and lays down and wags her tail

7 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

🤷‍♂️

Note, if you're not a fan of these questions, and haven't answered previous ones, feel free to use old questions instead! Hell, you can even pull them from a completely different thread!

2. Did you do off-season Predictions? If so, how are you feeling about them now that the season has come to life? If not, why not? You scared? come on bro (Plagiarized from @fishy)

3. Speaking of off-season TPE opportunities, did you participate in a VHFL group? If so, do you enjoy selecting a VHL fantasy team? If not, have you seen Berocka's Super Coach idea?

4. I love doing Podcasts, they're easy and fun. And I would love to have YOU as a special guest some time! Is that something you would be interested in?

6. My step dog-hter is always so incredibly excited to see me if I've been gone for 5 hours or more 😊.  What's something that never fails to put a smile on your face?

|@barryst @jpdavidson8787 @Juhnux @Mitz @Jayrad28 @Fergie @Bryce @jsdeac @Jack Johnson @Azjha_59 @Otaznik @Sam_19 @Yahtzee @Ian Kingston @william77 @LiningPolecat @samthemancub|

1. I like seeing how players perform on our team. I find it kind of strange that E Man is clearly a more offensive d man, but he has the least amount of points for defenseman on the team. I'm not sure how that happens.

2. No, I'm not sure where I'm supposed to go to do that.

3. I didn't know there was a fantasy league. I used to do Fantasy Football leagues a decent amount, I'm kind of over fantasy leagues now tho.

4. I don't think I would be a good guest.

5. My fav was definitely Schram. Was the only teacher I knew that liked hockey. He also used to wake up sleeping students by slapping a hockey stick on their desk which was pretty funny.

6. Saying anything to my cat gets a vocal response back from her.

1. The community and the cometing in games.
2. Yes i did the predictions. I had a better feeling about it last season. now its hard to guess after the changes.
3. I dont participate in VHFL, i only do the normal fantasy week predictions for TPE.
4. Ohh i would never do that hahaha. Thumbs up for the ones who can.
5. The were my enemies :D but the professor of math at uni. was a good and funny guy.
6. My friends.

22 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

🤷‍♂️

1. We are all one big friednly community, if there's ever a problem we fix it together and no joke I haven't seen one person get mad or even slightly annoyed.

2. I did them last season and forgot to do them this season, so, yes? kinda?

3. Yet another thing I forgot to do, Dang it.

4. I would love to do podcasts but i just get so nervous whenever i talk or will be seen/heard by more than 20 people. So once I fgure that out, we can talk.

5. Probably my english teacher this year, mainly because she's on the young side of majority of the teachers and is super relatable and funny.

6. Hearing the final bell to indicate that the school day is over. :)

23 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

🤷‍♂️

1. Hanging out with the team and chatting with who ever on  the VHL

2.I like my VHLM predictions but not so much of my VHL or my VHLE but we will see.

3. Yes I am participating and so far it's been fun and entertaining with picking people and so forth.

4. Hell yeah

5. Um so I was home schooled so I kinda have to go with my Dad because it was always learning how to fix a car and how ta make sausage. But actual school my physics teacher cause we did a lot of fun projects on marvel and star wars movies.

6. Brothers and Sisters    

1 hour ago, Fergie said:

4. I would love to do podcasts but i just get so nervous whenever i talk or will be seen/heard by more than 20 people. So once I fgure that out, we can talk.

Don’t worry, I only get 6 or fewer listens most the time 😅

On 4/26/2022 at 4:07 PM, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

🤷‍♂️

1) I love the community aspect in discord and the ability to see my player grow and thrive

2) I did last season and got 9 TPE from it but completely forgot to this season until the second day so it was too late :((

3) I did not participate in VHFL

4) I absolutely love listening to podcasts and will continue to listen to yours, but I do not like being on the other side of them, sorryy

5) I had a Spanish professor last semester who is probably my favorite prof I've ever had. The class was Latin American Literature, which should be very boring, but he just made the class so very interesting and he always went on huge rants and it was so fun to listen to. My Spanish also definitely improved a decent amount from that class.

6) My cats immediately cuddling with me when I come home and constantly coming up to me to cuddle throughout the day

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending May 8th, 2022

winning charlie sheen GIF

1. Halifax is on a roll! Can any other team realistically stop us at this point? 😜

2. Recently, Halifax has acquired the multi-generational talents of John Poremba Jr. (from Philly) and Alex Bridge III (from waivers). How will your player welcome them to the team/city? If you are one of these two players, what are your first impressions of Halifax?

3. There's been a couple of amusing controversies around the forum this week. If you were involved in a controversy, what would it be about?

4. Are you part of the main VHL Discord server? Why or why not?

5. NHL Playoffs are underway! I'm cheering for the Oilers but so far not so good. Who are YOU rooting for, if anyone?

6. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

|@barryst @jpdavidson8787 @Juhnux @Mitz @Jayrad28 @Fergie @Bryce @jsdeac @Jack Johnson @Azjha_59 @Oatex @Otaznik @Sam_19 @Yahtzee @Ian Kingston @william77 @CrlineDijohn14 @LiningPolecat @samthemancub|

1 minute ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

1. Halifax is on a roll! Can any other team realistically stop us at this point? 😜

2. Recently, Halifax has acquired the multi-generational talents of John Poremba Jr. (from Philly) and Alex Bridge III (from waivers). How will your player welcome them to the team/city? If you are one of these two players, what are your first impressions of Halifax?

3. There's been a couple of amusing controversies around the forum this week. If you were involved in a controversy, what would it be about?

5. NHL Playoffs are underway! I'm cheering for the Oilers but so far not so good. Who are YOU rooting for, if anyone?

|@barryst @jpdavidson8787 @Juhnux @Mitz @Jayrad28 @Fergie @Bryce @jsdeac @Jack Johnson @Azjha_59 @Oatex @Otaznik @Sam_19 @Yahtzee @Ian Kingston @william77 @CrlineDijohn14 @LiningPolecat @samthemancub|

1. Probably Vegas if i had to guess

2. I would welcome them by introducing them to the team GMs and staff and other players

3. OMG THIS QUESTION IS FOR ME! I AM ONE OF THE PEOPLE BEHIND THE #SAVEJOEY MOVEMENT! I AM JOEY'S BROTHER AND I AM OUT TO HELP PROVE HE IS A PERSON. WE COULD COME ON YOUR PODCAST IF YOU WANT?

4. No i dont use discord

5. Rangers, I love an underdog

6. To make them know Joey is real

1. Marlins and Aces are looking strong, but hope they wont stop us haha, so we can win it all.
2. Hey John and Alex welcome to Halifax family.  I would show them around, some good restaurants, locker room and stuff like that.
3. Not really into controversies lol
4. i am not a part of VHL server, but i am on servers of the teams i am part of :)
5. YAY, playoffs, not rooting for anyone specific, just for a good hockey, so we can see some interesting games.
6. Be like a ghost :D

9 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

1. I think we will just casually win out the rest of the season haha.

2. Welcome to the team boys! Nice to see another Defenseman on the team as well.

3. I didn't know there were controversies happening haha.

4. I am in the main VHL server. Also could I get another invite to the Halifax server?

5. I'm a Wings fan so I'm not really cheering for anyone. I guess if I had to pick I would say it would be kinda cool to see LA go on another run, I did not think they were gonna make playoffs. I just don't want Boston or Toronto to go to the finals.

6. Teleportation so I could save so much time and money for traveling. Flying would be more fun, but Teleportation would just be super convenient. 

On 5/3/2022 at 11:46 PM, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

1) Teams can always stop us, we just gotta keep the momentum flowing.

2) Not many players talk, kinda quiet. Overall it’s been a great welcome to Halifax.

3) I’m not sure I’d WANT to be in a controversy in the first place.

4) I am. I like talking to people around the league - it’s a good time.

5) I’m not really rooting for anyone, I just like watching.

6) I would choose to have the power to fly.

JhmlGX6.png

1. Hopefully not!🤞

2. I am already loving our locker room atmosphere!

3. Oof probably my astronomically high PIM.

4. Last I checked yes, but I don't think I've checked it in over year.

5. The Sabres didn't make it so I am just hoping to see some fun hockey.

6. Mind control so I can keep the VHLM refs from sending me to the penalty box.

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending May 15th, 2022

Tuesday Morning Dog GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

1. Hey gang! The Halifax 21st is in need of a mascot to pump the crowd during games. What should our mascot be?

2. You get TPE for answering these questions! What attribute(s) are you currently improving with your recent updates?

3. I've asked this in the past, but we have a pretty fresh group of people now: If you could be the Halifax GM or owner for a day, what would you do with the role? (Trades? Make the concession stand free? Fire Jardy?)

4. Speaking of taco Tuesday, what is your players favourite food? Is it the same as YOUR favourite food?

5. What is the most enjoyable activity you have participated in within the last year?

6. What is your opinion on wearing socks? Moreover, what type of sandals do you like to wear?

JhmlGX6.png

1) Absolutely not, we're a wagon

2) I would take them out to a restaurant for the best meal they've ever had in their lives

3) I don't know what the controversies referenced here are, and I cannot really think of a controversy I would be involved in

4) I believe so, but I never look in it, I only participate in the one for the Halifax 21st

5) Floridaaaaaaa (Though I'm okay with anyone besides Penguins and Bruins)

6) Telekinesis, it allows you to use every other power through the manipulation of atoms

1 hour ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

1. Hey gang! The Halifax 21st is in need of a mascot to pump the crowd during games. What should our mascot be?

2. You get TPE for answering these questions! What attribute(s) are you currently improving with your recent updates?

3. I've asked this in the past, but we have a pretty fresh group of people now: If you could be the Halifax GM or owner for a day, what would you do with the role? (Trades? Make the concession stand free? Fire Jardy?)

4. Speaking of taco Tuesday, what is your players favourite food? Is it the same as YOUR favourite food?

5. What is the most enjoyable activity you have participated in within the last year?

6. What is your opinion on wearing socks? Moreover, what type of sandals do you like to wear?

1) Our mascot has gotta be a boat. I don't think any team has ever had a boat for a mascot, but we could make it work.

2) I'm maxed out :(

3) Our team is a wagon, everything is great, sooo I don't think any changes are needed

4) My player loves mac and cheese (as do I) and will eat it every day if he can

5) This is not one specific activity, but I have recently gotten really back into playing my instruments (guitar, sax, violin) after taking a year or two hiatus

6) I never ever wear socks in my house, but I always wear them out, I will never wear slides or sandals outside my house

1. Maybe a seagull?
2. I am not improving this season anymore, as i already hit 200 TPA, so have time to think about the next season.
3. I would try to bring one more strong defender, to strenghten the defence.
4. He loves pizza, he could be the 5th ninja turtle.
5. Really enjoyed meeting friends in person after all these lockdowns.
6. I wear socks, especially in winter. in summer its okay without socks at home, but better wear them to work or a party :D

7 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

1. It should be a sailor, kinda like popeye was, the old cartoon.

2. I’m improving all of them man, my player is horrendous at the moment.

3. If I was the GM I’d build us a multitrillion dollar rink.

4. my players favorite food is fresh dirt, easy protein ( I do not eat fresh dirt in real life ).

5. School in general has been a blast, just messing around with friends goofing off.

6. If you wear anything other than sneakers or crocs we probably shouldn’t talk. Socks are the greatest invention ever.

On 5/10/2022 at 9:29 PM, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

1. I agree with @Oatex. Popeye would be a cool mascot.

2. I've been maxed out since the start of the season. I kind of wish I noticed what the attributes effected before I used them at the reset.

3. I don't think I would do much. I am answering these kind of late so I would have said get one more forward and one more defenseman for the playoffs, but that just happened haha.

4. A good burger and some onion rings.

5. I would say snowboarding. I went every weekend for a few months and I made a trip out to Cali to snowboard with my buddy at Big Bear for a couple days.

6. I usually wear socks unless I'm sleeping because my feet seem to get cold no matter what. I don't really like sandles, but if I had to pick I would wear some slides.

1 hour ago, Yahtzee said:

I've been maxed out since the start of the season. I kind of wish I noticed what the attributes effected before I used them at the reset.

I think you’re allowed to reset again for free, though I’m unclear if that’s whenever or during the off-season. I can look into it if you’d like!

On 5/11/2022 at 12:29 AM, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

1. Definitely stay with the Nova Scotia theme and go with a sailor 

2. I always jack up my passing abilities 

3. nothing, just got here and the team seems perfect 

4. Probably a good ol taco

5. watchin my beloved leaf’s go out in tinge first round, gotta live playoff hockey

6. I ALWAYS wear socks and sandals inn th rare occasion I do wear sandals 

51 minutes ago, Brodie_Landry said:

5. watchin my beloved leaf’s go out in tinge first round, gotta live playoff hockey

That was brutal man. My Oilers were in the same position, but luckily they pulled through.

Also, all you crazy mofos and your dang socks. How am I in the minority here??? Am I a foot nudist and I just haven’t realized it?