JhmlGX6.png
Halifax 21st Press Conference

3 Questions Answered = 1 Capped TPE

6 Questions Answered = 2 Capped TPE

Please answer in full sentences

Week Ending February 20th, 2022

title sequence credits GIF

Happy Valentine's Day ❤️ Hope you're all ready for some strange questions

1. Happy Valentine's Day to all you lovely boat folks out there. What does your ideal night look like on this fake "holiday?" ❤️

2. Most of you have been part of the league for nearly half a season now. Are there any players or members you've come to admire, secretly or otherwise? ❤️

3. While "less than three" is mostly romantic in its use (i.e. ❤️ ), it's actually mathematical in its origin. What is something you wish you had less than three of? ❤️

4. If you're answering this press conference, you must enjoy the VHL at least somewhat. What's something about it that you LOVE the most? If you're having difficulty answering that, what's something in general that you LOVE the most?❤️

5. It's common for people to buy chocolates and/or flowers for Valentine's Day. What is your favourite chocolate and/or flower? ❤️

6. I realized today that my copy and pasting of these Press Conference formatting may look a bit janky for those who use Dark Mode on the forum. Do you use a light theme or a dark theme on the forum, and how janky have my posts looked, on a scale of 1-10? ❤️

| @CSkams15 @jpdavidson8787 @Fergie @Drew Essen @Jack Riley @David Cobberson @barryst @CanucksFan @BleedBlue52 @tcookie @Azjha_59 @jacobaa19 @Charlie22 @william77 @Jérémy Louchard @Yahtzee @Ratty @Hunter Blaisdell @samthemancub |

1. I don’t do a thing. I’m actually working rn.

2. Oh I don’t pay attention to other players if im being honest.

3. Car crashes…. I have 4

4. Oh I love making my player and actually making decisions. That’s why I do this instead of the joke of a be a pro they have in nhl. And something I “generally” love is cars I’m a car freak.

5. Well I don’t like flowers and I’m also not a big chocolate guy so pass

6. posts look fine to me but I am on light

Snacks and a Canucks game.

I wish I could score like CSkams15, you and sam are awesome too.

Homework assignments.

I love all of it honestly.

I like orange or mint chocolate.

I used dark mode for a bit, but can't stand that kind of thing. I didn't see any of your posts while I used it because I had it for about 2 days.

1 hour ago, jacobaa19 said:

1. I don’t do a thing. I’m actually working rn.

2. Oh I don’t pay attention to other players if im being honest.

3. Car crashes…. I have 4

4. Oh I love making my player and actually making decisions. That’s why I do this instead of the joke of a be a pro they have in nhl. And something I “generally” love is cars I’m a car freak.

5. Well I don’t like flowers and I’m also not a big chocolate guy so pass

6. posts look fine to me but I am on light

Damn! None were your fault though, right? 😜

1. Nothing because I have no one beside me, myself and I

2. Now I have been with the team for almost a week and got to admit the Sam's here are cool.

3. to be honest I wish I had three less home work assignments to do right now.

4. Well I just joined the VHL and so far I am liking it because I used to be a hockey player and never got far with it, so this is a nice place to excrescence more of the sport I love.

5.Uummm well there is a lot there with flowers and chocolates like different flavors and so forth but I like some dark chocolate here and there.

6. well I used lite mode here but on most stuff like Word or Discord dark mode all the way so mix feelings 

3 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

1. Happy Valentine's Day to all you lovely boat folks out there. What does your ideal night look like on this fake "holiday?" ❤️

2. Most of you have been part of the league for nearly half a season now. Are there any players or members you've come to admire, secretly or otherwise? ❤️

3. While "less than three" is mostly romantic in its use (i.e. ❤️ ), it's actually mathematical in its origin. What is something you wish you had less than three of? ❤️

4. If you're answering this press conference, you must enjoy the VHL at least somewhat. What's something about it that you LOVE the most? If you're having difficulty answering that, what's something in general that you LOVE the most?❤️

5. It's common for people to buy chocolates and/or flowers for Valentine's Day. What is your favourite chocolate and/or flower? ❤️

6. I realized today that my copy and pasting of these Press Conference formatting may look a bit janky for those who use Dark Mode on the forum. Do you use a light theme or a dark theme on the forum, and how janky have my posts looked, on a scale of 1-10? ❤️

| @CSkams15 @jpdavidson8787 @Fergie @Drew Essen @Jack Riley @David Cobberson @barryst @CanucksFan @BleedBlue52 @tcookie @Azjha_59 @jacobaa19 @Charlie22 @william77 @Jérémy Louchard @Yahtzee @Ratty @Hunter Blaisdell @samthemancub |

1.Mcdonald, movie and chilling with ABSOLUTLY NOBODY, nah I'm joking, with my girlfriend of course!

2.I admire Sam because she's a girl and I honestly didn't girls exist on that website.

3.I wish I had three less alone socks that doesn't have a pair.

4.I love the fact that it always continue and the schedule will always continue even if you take some moments off the site.

5.I always buy one flower to my girlfriend at valentine's day, and me I love the box of chocolates like the one in Forest Guuump.

6.I use the dark theme, didn't know we had the choice... Honestly love your press conferences, I give you the maximum score.

21 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

1) Ideally, I would be with my girlfriend and we would be having dinner and watching TV, but sadly, we are at universities four hours apart :(

2) If I am secretly admiring someone, it must stay a secret!

3) I wish we had less than three losses on the season, but outside this, I wish I had less than three classes this semester so I'd have less work

4) I love the community shown on the discord and now friendly everyone is

5) I love twix and cookies and cream chocolate, and I think getting flowers is such a waste of money and it is also better to leave them in the ground

6) I use a dark theme, as everything should be, but I don't think it looks that weird, forums never look great

1. At home with a beer.. or two.. maybe three.

2. Thats a secret ;)

3. Cities I live in. Dorm, moms place, dads place. All in different states. 

4. Can't really pinpoint something I love the most about the vhl, it's just great overall. In general I love heavy machines, cars, anything with an engine really. 

5. any milk choclate will do. 

6. I use dark theme, posts look perfectly fine to me. 

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending February 27th, 2022

floating white cat GIF by lilcozynostril

This is the first image for Halifax for some reason.

Also due to popular demand I'm just going to keep copy and pasting the same format, light/dark theme be damned!

1. It is Theme Week! If you make a Point Task worth 6 TPE using the theme of a "Dream Team," that PT is worth DOUBLE. Who would be on YOUR dream team? Answer this as relevantly as you want.

2. Speaking of Theme Week, the trade deadline is rapidly approaching. Given our position in the standings, is there any moves you would make at the trade deadline if you were the General Manager?

3. Speaking of trades, we just made one! The highlight here is that Doug Matchett (@jacobaa19) will be leaving for Houston, while we welcome zack martinez (@Sam_19)(yes, another Sam). Do you have any parting and/or welcoming words for these two? If you ARE these two, say hello!

4. Speaking of being a General Manager, would you ever like to hold some kind of team managerial position in the VHL umbrella some day?

5. Speaking of umbrellas, do you ever actually use one when you have to go out in the rain?

6. Speaking of rain, are you a fan of swimming or any other kind of water sport/activity?

| @CSkams15 @jpdavidson8787 @Fergie @Drew Essen @Jack Riley @David Cobberson @barryst @CanucksFan @BleedBlue52 @tcookie @Azjha_59 @Sam_19 @Charlie22 @william77 @Jérémy Louchard @Yahtzee @Ratty @samthemancub |

1. So with me just joining the VHL I am very unformulated with the history but and how things really work so finding stuff just takes a little to much but I would add a phew Sam's in there for fun.

2. Like I said before I am barley getting the hang of everything but for my team I would add/find a phew good defense men because we have the score capability just spend way to much time in are zone. but I trust Sam there to make some good triads and he has.

3.Well first of welcome to the team(of Sams) and yeah I hope we become great team mates.

4. I would love too but I would kinda say no just because I have little experience wit the game but would love to run a team.

5. The only time I used a n umbrella was with my girlfriend but other then that I use a rain coat.

6. Funny enough I was part of a swim team so I would say yes I am a fan of water.

Background_57.png

24 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

Also due to popular demand I'm just going to keep copy and pasting the same format, light/dark theme be damned!

1. It is Theme Week! If you make a Point Task worth 6 TPE using the theme of a "Dream Team," that PT is worth DOUBLE. Who would be on YOUR dream team? Answer this as relevantly as you want.

2. Speaking of Theme Week, the trade deadline is rapidly approaching. Given our position in the standings, is there any moves you would make at the trade deadline if you were the General Manager?

3. Speaking of trades, we just made one! The highlight here is that Doug Matchett (@jacobaa19) will be leaving for Houston, while we welcome zack martinez (@Sam_19)(yes, another Sam). Do you have any parting and/or welcoming words for these two? If you ARE these two, say hello!

4. Speaking of being a General Manager, would you ever like to hold some kind of team managerial position in the VHL umbrella some day?

5. Speaking of umbrellas, do you ever actually use one when you have to go out in the rain?

6. Speaking of rain, are you a fan of swimming or any other kind of water sport/activity?

| @CSkams15 @jpdavidson8787 @Fergie @Drew Essen @Jack Riley @David Cobberson @barryst @CanucksFan @BleedBlue52 @tcookie @Azjha_59 @Sam_19 @Charlie22 @william77 @Jérémy Louchard @Yahtzee @Ratty @samthemancub |

1) I've been a hockey fan for a few years, and I am rapidly learning as much history as I can, but it is still hard for me to make my dream team, but I will try my best. I started a Franchise Hockey Manager game as the 1970 Canucks, and I got to know and love some players through that. My goalie would definitely be Dominik Hasek, my defencemen would be Rob Blake and Doug Wilson, and my forwards would be Brendan Shanahan, Mike Modano, and Mike Bossy.

2) With how many draft picks we have, I am not sure if any moves are necessary, rather it might be best to just encourage everyone to rack up as much TPE as possible.

3) Goodluck on your new team and in your new city, Jacob! Welcome to Halifax, Sam, it is such a great and welcoming community here!

4) Likely not, I'm too busy to have a position and do it effectively.

5) When I don't have a hood, basically meaning I'm wearing a hockey jersey and it's warm, like today, I use an umbrella.

6) I have pretty significant lung issues, so pools (the chlorine and film) really mess me up. It's definitely fun, I just can't really do it.

2 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

1.Ovechkin, McDavid and Kane in Fw, Hedman and Makar in DF, Price in G

2.Honestly no, We are in rebuild but we still can make the playoff so we stay the same

3.Welcome Guys, another Sam LoL

4.Yes I would like that but Sometimes I take break from this site and I couldnt do that if I was the general manager.

5.No, biggest scam in history.  Ok I'm overreacting but no.

6.Yes I really like it.  Mistly when the water is frozen and I can put my skates on.

3 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

1. Anyone named Sam, so Sam Azjha, Sam Tombstone, and any other player named sam

2. Acquire more Sam's

3.Good luck in Houston Doug, and Welcome to Halifax Zack

4. i'm already a VHLE AGM

5. no, i just wear a rain jacket

6. i really enjoy sailing, snorkeling, and scuba diving

1. For my dream team i would like my South African boys/girls to unite into one team.

2. If i were the GM i would get more people from south Africa because its the hockey capital of the world obviously. Also not trade myself to philly.

3. Im going to miss Doug definitely he was great in the locker room. At this point in the building of the Sam army i saw it coming from a mile away that we would pick up another so welcome to the team Zach

4. Not really im a player first and being a GM seems very stressful and I respect the hell out of all the GMs at every level of the game.

5. No, i either forget it or am to lazy to use it so i just get wet.

6. Swimming is fun with friends and I like tubing but other than that im pretty meh on other water sports.

1. Steve Yzerman, Brett Hull, Alex Ovechkin, Nick Lidstrom, Moritz Seider, and Dominik Hasek (All Red Wings except for one haha)

2. Not really, we already have a lot of draft picks for this upcoming year so i wouldnt force anything. You can never have too many draft picks though. So if an offer comes in that gives another future pick or two it wouldnt be a bad idea.

3. Good luck to Doug and welcome to the team Sam!

4. I don't think so, I've been very busy lately and I'm not sure if I could give the attention needed for it.

5. Nope

6. Love swimming, but don't do it as much as I used to. Pool Volleyball is always a blast.

On 2/22/2022 at 2:29 PM, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

1. my dream team is wayne gretzky of course then my favorite player that is Sidney Crosby, then Connor McDavid, Victor Hedman, Bobby Orr and Dominik Hasek

2. I am terrible GM so i am terrible at making trades so don't ask me for my opinion

3. hello everybody I was surprised when I got trade but at least a have more playing time and thanks for trading for me 

4. No I literally will ruin the future of a franchise

5. sometimes i just don't care

6 i did swiming lessons and then i quit 

Week of february 27th, press confrence

1. Imma be honest i got no idea what this mean so imma say everyone on halifax with me.

2. No. i would keep us the way we are mabye move picks around but nothing beyond that.

3. For Doug i have, have an amazing time in houston hope you see you in games, and for zack aka another sam i say, welcome to the family we like boats.

4. Mabye after awhile when i understand more about the vhl.

5. No not really i just hangout in the rain

6. Yes, i love swimming mostly with friends even though im not great at it

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending March 6th, 2022

March 1St Europe GIF

1. As if playing Philadelphia wasn't bad enough, now they have a velociraptor named Greg on their team. And our GM @samx made this happen! Supply a statement to her saying how disappointed you are with this decision.

2. At the time of this writing, there are 12 games remaining in the regular season. Are there any personal statistics you would like to reach before playoffs?

3. Speaking of playoffs, how we perform in the rest of the games this week will determine whether we can surpass San Diego to make playoffs, where we'll face off against the top VHLM team in the first round. That top seed is a race between the Reapers, the Wild, and the Bulls. Which of these teams would you prefer to play and why?

4. Most of you are part of the S83 Draft class, and will be drafted thrice this off-season. Did you know that rjfryman tracks every draft class TPE rankings weekly? Where on your respective draft class chart are you hoping to be in 2-3 weeks?

5. I'm currently drinking some chocolate milk, and it is yum yum so fucking good. What is your favourite beverage? If you are of legal age or fuck the law, what is your favourite alcoholic beverage?

6. There's a dog that lives in my basement that gets quite anxious when its owner is gone, so it can have episodes of barking and sometimes howling. It fills me with irrational rage. What is your biggest pet peeve, or something that grinds your gears?

2 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

March 1St Europe GIF

1. As if playing Philadelphia wasn't bad enough, now they have a velociraptor named Greg on their team. And our GM @samx made this happen! Supply a statement to her saying how disappointed you are with this decision.

2. At the time of this writing, there are 12 games remaining in the regular season. Are there any personal statistics you would like to reach before playoffs?

3. Speaking of playoffs, how we perform in the rest of the games this week will determine whether we can surpass San Diego to make playoffs, where we'll face off against the top VHLM team in the first round. That top seed is a race between the Reapers, the Wild, and the Bulls. Which of these teams would you prefer to play and why?

4. Most of you are part of the S83 Draft class, and will be drafted thrice this off-season. Did you know that rjfryman tracks every draft class TPE rankings weekly? Where on your respective draft class chart are you hoping to be in 2-3 weeks?

5. I'm currently drinking some chocolate milk, and it is yum yum so fucking good. What is your favourite beverage? If you are of legal age or fuck the law, what is your favourite alcoholic beverage?

6. There's a dog that lives in my basement that gets quite anxious when its owner is gone, so it can have episodes of barking and sometimes howling. It fills me with irrational rage. What is your biggest pet peeve, or something that grinds your gears?

1. Well with not having to much info in the matter with losing Greg to Philly I can't say much but see that it's one of the questions on here it seems kinda bad but if his name was Sam then you would hear a lot from me.

2. Hmm um having been with the team for almost three weeks including having Sam tombstone for that time I am just trying to find my grove and start help winning some goals so my main goal is really bring up those SV% to low 90 at less.

3. I don.t what to play any of them but see that we bet Philly a few times I would have to go with them more then the wilds or the bulls

4.to be honest I don't really care to much like I am no big goalie but hope to be one day but this is my first player and to play like this is fun and a great challenge for both me and Sam.

5. I don't really have one mostly because I don't drink to much of anything besides water and a cold beer but a nice fizzy pop is nice every once in a while.

6. um yeah so I have a vizsla puppy right now a she is a fucking early riser so every morning she is whining and scratching and her canal to get out at 5 in the morning.

I don't know much about losing him, but I'm good to blame it on Jardy and leave it at that lol.

Definitely working on my PIM, and scoring more.

Probably the Wild because it seems anytime we play the Reapers or Bulls we get destroyed.

I know he does a chart, but don't follow it that much. I would like to be in the middle, I don't want to raise hopes lol.

I like ginger ale, tea is good too.

When I'm shopping with people and they put there hand on the cart, and styrofoam rubbing together.

24 minutes ago, CanucksFan said:

I don't know much about losing him, but I'm good to blame it on Jardy and leave it at that lol.

Good call. 😂

25 minutes ago, CanucksFan said:

When I'm shopping with people and they put there hand on the cart

Wait, do you mean random people touching YOUR cart? Or having companions who aren't designated cart drivers touching the cart?

1. Dear @samx you very well know the hate i have towards Philly, Im not mad im just very disappointed in you for feeding their OP franchise.

2. I would like to reobtain my point per game stat i had it for most of the season a few games back i lost it.

3. The Wild because we dont have a good track record against Philly this year and Houston is on fire right now.

4. Im currently sitting at 44th and i would like to be atleast 40th

5. non-alcoholic would have to be Arnold Palmers( which for those who dont know its just ice tea and lemonade combined. For alcoholic i gotta say Busch Lattes.

6. My biggest pet peeve is when people chew with their mouth open it literally pisses me off so much that if they do it consistently I will just straight up avoid eating with them at all.0F1C9690-0A7D-4C75-A907-05823E72D41B.png.3739b7be9d4cbc08a366b2b78221e7c9.png   

On 3/2/2022 at 3:46 PM, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

March 1St Europe GIF

1) I really have absolutely no idea at all what this means, but if I should be disappointed, then I'm disappointed!

2) I want to get to 0.5 points per game at the bare minimum, as I am at 26 points in 60 games.

3) None of them are very good options, but the Wild don't really have a backup goalie, so I guess they'd be the best to play against.

4) I'm ranked 34, but right after that was posted, I got 8 more TPE, so I would've moved up 1 or 2 spots. I should definitely be able to break 30, but I would love to get to 25!

5) Chocolate and strawberry milk are god-tier drinks.

6) My biggest pest peeve is people not doing their part in group projects!!!!!