Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

On 3/2/2022 at 2:46 PM, JardyB10 said:

1. Sam Azjha Is extremely disappointed that Halifax GM Sam, brought a velociraptor onto Philadelphia, she is a repeat offender with a long history of these types of acts and we find it shocking that the VHL and their department of player safety failed to take the appropriate action and suspend her indefinitely, Sam's dangerous and reckless actions caused an injury to the Halifax Morale that will prevent them from winning again this season. we view this as a dereliction of duty by VHL Heads of player safety and believe they are unfit to continue in their current roles

2. more goals, more assists, and more hits

3. Philadelphia, so we can show them that their velociraptor isn't that scary

4. at or near the top of the list

5. underage, so Gatorade

6. people who refuse to take responsibility for their actions and have no idea how to take something seriously

On 3/2/2022 at 5:15 PM, JardyB10 said:

Good call. 😂

Wait, do you mean random people touching YOUR cart? Or having companions who aren't designated cart drivers touching the cart?

The people I'm shopping with, if random people started touching my cart I would just leave lol

Edited by CanucksFan

JhmlGX6.png

3 Questions Answered = 1 Capped TPE

6 Questions Answered = 2 Capped TPE

Please answer in full sentences

Week Ending March 13th, 2022

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

1. In the last day of the regular season, the Halifax 21st clinched the last seed of playoffs! How did you player celebrate?

2. Speaking of playoffs, we will be facing the top seeded Houston Bulls in the first round. Do you have anything to say to these opponents before the series begins?

3. HERE is where you can find the entire team's final statistics for the regular season. Are there any stat lines, good or bad, that jump out at you for any of your teammates?

4. Speaking of your teammates and also playoffs; we have two excellent goaltenders. How should we handle who starts games in the playoffs?

5. Last week I was getting ready to walk an unruly dog and it dashed out the door so quickly and suddenly that it yanked my face very hard into my door frame. The cut above my eye required three stitches. What's the worst injury YOU'VE ever had? (I hope I haven't asked that before...)

6. My partner and I have been watching a fair amount of 90 Day Fiance recently. It is the worst television I've ever seen, and yet I can't help but be invested and interested sometimes. What's a guilty pleasure YOU have?

| @CSkams15 @jpdavidson8787 @Fergie @Drew Essen @Jack Riley @David Cobberson @barryst @CanucksFan @BleedBlue52 @tcookie @Azjha_59 @Sam_19 @Charlie22 @william77 @Jérémy Louchard @Yahtzee @Ratty @samthemancub |

1. I drank very legal drinks with the boys until 2am and then slept until 2am and stayed in bed that whole day.

2. You drafted me and I spent my first year with you guys so nothing but respect for you guys and thanks to everyone in that organization but once puck drops there's no more smiles I'm trying to win.

3. Artem Zub had a fantastic season for us as a rookie leading the team in assists and just in general a solid debut season. As for me I would have liked to have a bit of a better season however i did great and cant ask for much more.

4. Ride the hot hand. Start who we feel most comfortable starting and if that dosent work switch it up and ride whatever works.

5. So when I was a  Sophomore in highschool I tore my Labrum which is in the shoulder playing baseball so I can no longer play the game i loved for 12 years because of that. However ive started to try and throw again to try and atleast be able to play catch for more than like 5 minutes without it hurting.

6.I stay up way to late just doing random stuff and at this point its just my sleep schedule definitely not good for me but I cant stop now.0F1C9690-0A7D-4C75-A907-05823E72D41B.png.3739b7be9d4cbc08a366b2b78221e7c9.png

Went out with the boys after the game and partied.

I don't want to be playing golf, but jokes aside we can beat them and its playoffs so we have no other choice.

Artum Zub played amazing and so did Cooper Skambraks, I took more penalties than I should have so I'm going to work on that.

Play whoever is playing best, and if they have a rough game switch it up.

I've been pretty lucky with injuries, but I sprained my arm playing baseball and missed two months, and it just so happened that the second month was the start of hockey season so I missed rep which sucked.

I've re-watched Full House at least 4 or 5 times. 

16 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

1. In the last day of the regular season, the Halifax 21st clinched the last seed of playoffs! How did you player celebrate?

2. Speaking of playoffs, we will be facing the top seeded Houston Bulls in the first round. Do you have anything to say to these opponents before the series begins?

3. HERE is where you can find the entire team's final statistics for the regular season. Are there any stat lines, good or bad, that jump out at you for any of your teammates?

4. Speaking of your teammates and also playoffs; we have two excellent goaltenders. How should we handle who starts games in the playoffs?

5. Last week I was getting ready to walk an unruly dog and it dashed out the door so quickly and suddenly that it yanked my face very hard into my door frame. The cut above my eye required three stitches. What's the worst injury YOU'VE ever had? (I hope I haven't asked that before...)

6. My partner and I have been watching a fair amount of 90 Day Fiance recently. It is the worst television I've ever seen, and yet I can't help but be invested and interested sometimes. What's a guilty pleasure YOU have?

| @CSkams15 @jpdavidson8787 @Fergie @Drew Essen @Jack Riley @David Cobberson @barryst @CanucksFan @BleedBlue52 @tcookie @Azjha_59 @Sam_19 @Charlie22 @william77 @Jérémy Louchard @Yahtzee @Ratty @samthemancub |

1) I had a nice glass of chocolate milk and watched TV with my cat

2) I would like to kindly ask them to play with as little effort as possible 

3) Artem Zub putting up 48 points in 72 games as a defenceman is fantastic! I sadly completely fell off in the last 10 games of the season, going from 28 points in 60 games to 28 points in 70 games... Hopefully I can fare better in the playoffs. 

4) Start whoever ended the season the hottest, and just keep playing whoever is hotter.

5) When I was 7, I was on the top of a bunk bed, fell over the side, banged my face on the bottom bunk, and needed stitches right above my eye.

6) My girlfriend and I LOVE watching romantic reality shows, mostly to laugh at them, but they're still good entertainment and it's fun to watch them together.

On 3/9/2022 at 5:47 PM, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

1. I called up the boys and told them I had to cancel my tee time with them.

2. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

3. Cooper Skambraks with 31 goals and 22 Power Play Points. He can shoot the puck.

4. Sam Tombstone was 8-12-1 in the regular season, but ChickenLittle had a better save percentage and GAA. I'd flip between them and see who plays better, both are solid goalies.

5. I broke my elbow skateboarding a 5' halfpipe at my local park. I was just warming up doing some stalls on the top and I fell all the way to the bottom right on my elbow. I had to get two screws and I now have a pretty gnarly scar going down the length of my arm.

6. Watching Anime

On 3/10/2022 at 1:47 AM, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

You know what, I haven't randomly taken part in a Halifax presser despite not playing here yet. About time I fixed that.

1. With lots and lots of Clue Thirst™ based drinks on a boat. How else would one celebrate their tied favorite VHLM team making the playoffs?

2. Moon isn't even a real planet, literally.

3. Drew Essen ended the season with 69 hits. Clearly he's both a gentleman and a scholar.

4. Like you solve anything among grownups, with the new and improved alternative to mudwrestling: Clue Glue™wrestling. Positive side effect being that since both goalies will be covered in Clue Glue™ their Rebound Control will improve immensely.

5. Probably that one time during football (actual football, not american) where I missed a challenge for the ball and accidentally hit the side of the player's foot and broke my big toe clean off at the joint. I was so pumped up on adrenaline I didn't even notice for 30 minutes and just kept playing through it, then we stopped playing and I was wondering why my foot felt funny.

6. Clue Glue™, though it's not really guilty. It's just a perfectly reasonable thing to love.

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending March 20th, 2022

Season 3 Episode 304 GIF by Rick and Morty

1. The Halifax 21st were eliminated from the first round of playoffs, and the season is officially over for us. Looking back at S82, what were some highlights for you?

2. Now we embark on a lengthier off-season, starting with the Junior Showcase Tournament! Are you participating in this event? If so, what team did you land on?

3. It is Thursday morning, which is shamefully the latest I've ever posted a Press Conference. Is there a particular day of the week you prefer to complete your VHL Point Tasks like this?

4. Speaking of playoff eliminations, have you been following any of the league playoffs since being eliminated? Is there any team you wish to see succeed or fail?

5. What do you do for a living? And/Or what do you want to be when you grow up?

6. Spring is finally starting to rear its incredibly moist head here in Saskatchewan. What is your favourite season, and what are some activities you like to do in said season?

The highlight of the season for me was my first goal.

I am, with Team Clue!

Monday or Friday probably, but don't really care at all.

I'm cheering for Saskatoon right now, I don't really know why though lol.

I'm still in school, and I have no idea what I want to be.

Summer's probably my favorite season, I like to hang out with friends and my great uncle has a lakefront house so we go and hang out there a lot during the summer.

1. Some of the highlights for me were off the ice. The chemistry everyone had in the locker room in such a short time is unbelievable. That's what separates a good team and a great team. And what I look for in a team is good chemistry in the locker room. Thank you everyone for a great season and lots of memories along the way.🙂

2. I don't believe I am part of it

3. Really anytime however Monday night is when i mainly sit down to do it.

4. I was cheering for Cologne in the VHLE but the last game was today and they lost soooooooo

5. Well currently i am a junior in HS however when i grow up i want to go into sports analytics for a pro team

6. My favorite season is probably spring because i play golf a lot and this is prime golf weather. I also like to take my dog for a walk every once in a while.

23 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

1. The Halifax 21st were eliminated from the first round of playoffs, and the season is officially over for us. Looking back at S82, what were some highlights for you?

2. Now we embark on a lengthier off-season, starting with the Junior Showcase Tournament! Are you participating in this event? If so, what team did you land on?

3. It is Thursday morning, which is shamefully the latest I've ever posted a Press Conference. Is there a particular day of the week you prefer to complete your VHL Point Tasks like this?

4. Speaking of playoff eliminations, have you been following any of the league playoffs since being eliminated? Is there any team you wish to see succeed or fail?

6. Spring is finally starting to rear its incredibly moist head here in Saskatchewan. What is your favourite season, and what are some activities you like to do in said season?

1) This was my first season, so I really enjoyed everything along the way. I am delighted with my playoff performance though, having 5 points in 5 games.

2) Yes! I am on the Warriors, but I have no idea how the tournament works or if it has even started yet.

3) As early in the week as possible to have the highest TPE for the week.

4) I honestly have not been following the playoffs since our elimination.

5) I am currently a student at the University of Pittsburgh, but I plan on moving to eastern Canada when I graduate and teach ESL, preferably to elementary school students, but adults are fine too.

6) I like the fall because it's colder and there's still baseball for 2/3 of it, and that is also when hockey starts.

On 3/17/2022 at 9:31 AM, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

1. I was happy with how I performed in the playoffs. I'm hoping I can keep up that production into the next season.

2. I'm not in the junior showcase tournament. I have not heard of it before and I was having trouble even finding information on it. I'm assuming it's for first year players only, but I'm not sure.

3. I guess Fridays are my least busy days so that's when I usually try do something on here.

4. Since Doug Matchett is on Houston I'm rooting for them.

5. I'm a Sterile Processing Tech. I work in a hospital cleaning, assembling, and sterilizing surgical trays. It's a pretty good job and you can do travel jobs with it and make some pretty good money that way. I'm thinking about traveling within the next year.

6. I like most of the seasons. I'd say spring is probably my least favorite one because it's usually all muddy and it rains more. I like summer and fall a lot so I can skateboard and I like winter a lot so I can snowboard.

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending March 27th, 2022

Off-Season GIF by J. Cole

This is a top result when I search "off-season."

1. Hello friends and family, happy Tuesday night. We are still early in what will be a longer than usual off-season. What are some things keeping you engaged during this slower period in the league?

2. Piggybacking off of Question #1, do you have any additional ideas for the league to engage members of the VHL? It doesn't have to be hockey related, it can be something like a Mario Kart tournament even.

3. Speaking of off-season activity, the Junior Showcase Tournament has been underway for almost a week now I think! It's a great time, but shamefully has zero forum presence, which is ironic given that Boston, a forum-only user, is among the leaders of the tournament. Say something rude to JST Commissioner @Alex for this transgression. (Also I volunteer to post games to the forum next season :P )

4. Of all the cities that have VHLM/VHLE/VHL teams, which would you most like to visit?

5. This week I'm working the night shift (7:00 am to 7:00 pm) doing aggregate testing. Do you have any techniques for staying awake? Also, are you a morning person or a night owl?

6. What is something or some things that you are most passionate about?

| @CSkams15 @jpdavidson8787 @Fergie @Drew Essen @Jack Riley @David Cobberson @barryst @CanucksFan @BleedBlue52 @tcookie @Azjha_59 @Sam_19 @Charlie22 @william77 @Jérémy Louchard @Yahtzee @Ratty @samthemancub |

1. The discord is keeping me engaged quite a bit but other than that im just taking a break from everything at the moment.

2. Maybe some competitions to get TPE like a graphics competition where everyone votes for theur favorite and the winner gets TPE or maybe right now with march madness going on we could have done a bracket and the Winner gets a certain amount of TPE

3. Alex you smell like fish that is on the brink of being expired but not quite expired.

4. I would like to visit Toronto seems like there is a lot to do there. 

5. Get some ASHOC energy drinks have a crazy amount of caffeine. keep yourself busy so you dont get tired. Im definitely a night owl if i go to bed before midnight its early for me.

6.Im passionate about Golf I play for my  and really enjoy it even though it frustrates me sometimes.0F1C9690-0A7D-4C75-A907-05823E72D41B.png.3739b7be9d4cbc08a366b2b78221e7c9.png

• 3 weeks later...

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending April 17th, 2022

Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

Note, if you're not a fan of these questions, and haven't answered previous ones, feel free to use old questions instead!

1. Welcome (back) to Halifax 21st Press Conferences! Yesterday was the draft and we've brought in a fantastic roster. Give a brief introduction of yourself for your new peers!

2. We've got another week until the S84 pre-season begins, what are some things your player is going to do to enjoy their last week of the off-season?

3. Speaking of the upcoming season, what are your personal expectations for this season? How about team expectations?

4. Do you like to check out the Point Tasks of other users? If so, what are your favourite kinds?

5. I've asked this before, but we have a new cast of character here now: What are some of your favourite hobbies?

6. Since I record podcasts, I realize I say "aforementioned" a lot. Do you have a word? How about a favourite saying/proverb?

|@barryst @jpdavidson8787 @Juhnux @Drew Essen @Mitz @Jayrad28 @Fergie @Bryce @HockeyBro51 @jsdeac @Jack Johnson @Azjha_59 @Otaznik @Sam_19 @Yahtzee @Ian Kingston @william77 @LiningPolecat @samthemancub|

1. Hello Halifax, glad to be a part of this team. You really had a good draft with good picsks, so i am excited to play with all the guys.
2. I am gonna be preparing for the new season, and get a good sleep.
3.After the new hybrid attributes, hard to say, but will hope to be one of the best scorers. And for the team, to win the cup ofc :)
4. Yea, sometimes if i have time. I like to read some answers here in press conferences.
5.Play sports, watch movies, hangout with friends...
6.Umm i dont think i have any word like that, but maybe other people noticed something. I should ask them i guess haha.

On 4/11/2022 at 11:47 PM, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending April 17th, 2022

Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

Note, if you're not a fan of these questions, and haven't answered previous ones, feel free to use old questions instead!

1. Welcome (back) to Halifax 21st Press Conferences! Yesterday was the draft and we've brought in a fantastic roster. Give a brief introduction of yourself for your new peers!

2. We've got another week until the S84 pre-season begins, what are some things your player is going to do to enjoy their last week of the off-season?

3. Speaking of the upcoming season, what are your personal expectations for this season? How about team expectations?

4. Do you like to check out the Point Tasks of other users? If so, what are your favourite kinds?

5. I've asked this before, but we have a new cast of character here now: What are some of your favourite hobbies?

6. Since I record podcasts, I realize I say "aforementioned" a lot. Do you have a word? How about a favourite saying/proverb?

|@barryst @jpdavidson8787 @Juhnux @Drew Essen @Mitz @Jayrad28 @Fergie @Bryce @HockeyBro51 @jsdeac @Jack Johnson @Azjha_59 @Otaznik @Sam_19 @Yahtzee @Ian Kingston @william77 @LiningPolecat @samthemancub|

1) Hi all, I'm Jeremy, and I'm excited to be back in Halifax after last season! I'm looking forward to being on a team with you all and hopefully making a deep playoff run!

2) My player will keep training, of course, but will also be enjoying the end of the NHL season and beginning of the MLB season.

3) Based on how much my player has improved since the beginning of last season, I hope to be at least close to a point per game.

4) I read other's press conferences, but that's all.

5) My favorite thing to do is learn other languages, but I also absolutely love watching baseball and hockey and researching statistics.

6) Perhaps would be the closest for me, but I always say it intentionally and almost never in a serious manner.

2 hours ago, jpdavidson8787 said:

Perhaps would be the closest for me, but I always say it intentionally and almost never in a serious manner.

I love perhaps, and I’m always dead serious. If I’m being less serious I’ll use “mayhaps.”

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending April 24th, 2022

So It Begins Helms Deep GIF by antoniomaza

1. FINALLY the regular season has begun! Which team in the league are you most looking forward to competing against?

2. Is there a member or player in the league you particularly look up to or admire? Explain yourself!

3. What's your favourite forum and/or Discord and/or general emoji to use? Personally I'm a big user of :cheers: and 😏

4. Speaking of asking about Point Tasks as the 4th question: What's your favourite method of earning TPE for your player? Is there any change you would like to see that would enable you to earn even more TPE?

5. What was your favourite movie(s) as a child? If you're not a movie person, some other childhood hobby?

6. My roommate is smoking cigarettes again. Do you have any bad habits?

5 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

1. FINALLY the regular season has begun! Which team in the league are you most looking forward to competing against?

2. Is there a member or player in the league you particularly look up to or admire? Explain yourself!

3. What's your favourite forum and/or Discord and/or general emoji to use? Personally I'm a big user of :cheers: and 😏

4. Speaking of asking about Point Tasks as the 4th question: What's your favourite method of earning TPE for your player? Is there any change you would like to see that would enable you to earn even more TPE?

5. What was your favourite movie(s) as a child? If you're not a movie person, some other childhood hobby?

1. All of them yeah that's right I am exited to take on the VHLM teams and kicks some butt this season.

2. Well at the moment I ant looking up to at anybody right now mainly because I have a hard time doing that with new people but if I have to say someone it would probably be all the Sam's.

3. I don't use emojis to much but when I do it is usually 😂🤣🏒😜 one of these four.

4. I think Press conference just because I like to write them and read everyone's as well.

5. I am a big Star wars and Indiana Jones fan and with that I like too find rocks as a hobbie along with fishing from a kayak and hunting.

6. picking my noise 🤫 

1542900629_download(1).thumb.png.e8e69a3e6e84893fc5434acaf9e883ec.png1. The Ottawa Lynx. They just really hit home for me. My first ever team

2. There are a few but one would have to be @Zack he has been in the league for a while but if you go back his players have some of the best builds in league history

3. :)

4. My favorite is trivia. You dont get a ton of TPE but i have always loved trivia 

5. I loved Ferris Buellers day off lol.

6. Forgeting things

Edited by Jack Johnson

6 minutes ago, samthemancub said:

6. picking my noise 🤫 

2 minutes ago, Jack Johnson said:

6. Forgeting things

You're both hitting too close to home. I basically have dementia, hence why the PC went up on a Wednesday. Also, I used to get rather chronic nosebleeds due to my excessive picking of it, but it's been a while since I've had one! Still love getting those boogies out though.

1. Yay it finally started, and i am looking forward to play against Marlins, will be interesting games :)
2. Not really, well maybe some of the GMs, they help a lot, especially to newbies.
3. i mostly use :) and 😜 . Sometimes too much lol
4. Pressers are fun, but i also enjoy fantasy. I was lucky last season to get some nice points from it.
5. I loved comedies, didnt had a favourite one, just enjoyed them in general. 
6. ohh that would be procrastinating, if that counts too.

13 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

1) I'm excited to beat the Houston Bulls to get revenge for last season's playoffs.

2) Not particularly, I haven't paid attention to the players in the higher leagues.

3) In the discord, I send the flexed arm the most, usually when something good happens.

4) I love doing press conferences. The trivia is iffy sometimes, and I can frequently find the answers, but also many times I search so much and have literally no idea whatsoever how to find the answer. So, I guess trivia could be a good way to earn more if I had any idea how to find some answers.

5) Tarzan, 100%

6) First, ew that's disgusting. Second, I don't think so?