Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

press conference Minion style 

3 for 1tpe 6 for 2tpe

1. 2022 is coming in with a bang, whats one thing you plan to do for new years eve/day?

2. if 2021 was a person, what would you say to them?

3. This will be my last week with halifax, How did you think I did this past season!?

4. if you could change one thing about the past year what would it be?

5.How excited are you for the upcoming drafts?

6.Who gets the cup this playoffs, starting next week!(https://vhlportal.com/stats/standings, Top eight make playoffs!) I have Philly who you got?

4 hours ago, Minion said:

3 for 1tpe 6 for 2tpe

1. 2022 is coming in with a bang, whats one thing you plan to do for new years eve/day?

3. This will be my last week with halifax, How did you think I did this past season!?

6.Who gets the cup this playoffs, starting next week!(https://vhlportal.com/stats/standings, Top eight make playoffs!) I have Philly who you got?

1. Nothing there's a lockdown in Quebec.

2. I just want to be back to normal and ask him to kill that dang covid.

3. Pretty good, i think we have a bright future. Wait, youre note coming back as the halifax gm next season?

4. A lot of things trust me, i really f*cked everything up...

5. Very excited, I want to see my new vhlm team and also see who is going to draft me in the vhl, i'm project to go 3rd round a vhl gm said.

6. Ottawa, no doubt they are too good.

17 hours ago, Minion said:

3 for 1tpe 6 for 2tpe

1. Not much bc of COVID

2. "Screw you" then file a restraining order

3. You did a great job here and you will be missed

4. COVID cases go down

5. Very excited and also very hopeful that I get drafted at all

6. I have Ottawa winning, way too good to not win

Edited by FANTEIGE
Wanted to add more

• 2 weeks later...

JhmlGX6.png

3 Questions Answered = 1 Capped TPE

6 Questions Answered = 2 Capped TPE

Please answer in full sentences

Week Ending January 16th, 2022

Im Back GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

1. There's a couple of off-season tournaments gearing up! Are you participating in either of the World Junior Showcase or the Pro-Am? If so, which team are you on?

2. At the time of this writing, there are four VHL teams remaining in playoffs. Who do you think will come out on top as the Continental Cup Champions?

3. How often do you browse the VHL forums? Is there any particular section you enjoy the most?

4. I think most of you will be entering a draft of some sort this off-season. Are you doing anything in particular to raise your draft stock?

5. I just got home from an annual 3-day ski trip in the mountains with my friends. I love it. What's the best vacation you've ever been on?

6. Speaking of high places, what's something that scares you the most?

| @4rch3y @NatIng14  @PoignardLeclerc11 @FANTEIGE @Drew Essen @Rain @your door @Timmy Turner  @jasplunds  @ForeTwenty @lukechezzwoo @Crummer77 @Fire Vigneault @der meister @Tate @dylanjj37 |

8 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending January 16th, 2022

Im Back GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

1. There's a couple of off-season tournaments gearing up! Are you participating in either of the World Junior Showcase or the Pro-Am? If so, which team are you on?

2. At the time of this writing, there are four VHL teams remaining in playoffs. Who do you think will come out on top as the Continental Cup Champions?

3. How often do you browse the VHL forums? Is there any particular section you enjoy the most?

4. I think most of you will be entering a draft of some sort this off-season. Are you doing anything in particular to raise your draft stock?

5. I just got home from an annual 3-day ski trip in the mountains with my friends. I love it. What's the best vacation you've ever been on?

6. Speaking of high places, what's something that scares you the most?

| @4rch3y @NatIng14  @PoignardLeclerc11 @FANTEIGE @Drew Essen @Rain @your door @Timmy Turner  @jasplunds  @ForeTwenty @lukechezzwoo @Crummer77 @Fire Vigneault @der meister @Tate @dylanjj37 |

1. I'm in the two tournaments, in the junior showcase i am with the royals and i'm putting insane number.

2. I hope the marlins, but i think it will be ottawa.

3. I'm here really often and i like to look at the graphics.

4. No not really, im doing as usual, 12 tpe per week.

5. Florida

6. I don't like animals or when i don't see my feet in the water

1 - I was on the Royals for the Junior Showcase, but that's it. 

2 - I don't even know who is in it. If it's not My Team, then I don't care.

3 - Multiple times a day. I love Locker Rooms but they're so sparse here. I check out announcements, media, off topic. Whatever. I like the community - just wish it was more on site instead of discord.

4 - I'm being extra diligent about being a good boy to earn some good boy tpe.

5 - London, then Cork and Dublin, then back to London. It was our first big family trip and I was in charge of booking and planning. Almost every day was a big success.

6 - Outliving either of my children.

• 2 weeks later...

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending January 23rd, 2022

The Simpsons Reaction GIF

1. This will likely be the final time I tag you all for a Halifax Press Conference. None of you really even technically play here after all. Where in your respective drafts do you expect to fall/where did you end up being selected?

2. What was your favourite or even least favourite part about playing for Halifax?

3. I didn't follow any of the off-season tournaments. Tell me about some highlights if you participated in them! If not, tell me what your last meal was.

4. Speaking of drafts, our very own Bob Chicoine was selected in a very strong draft for the Geneva Rush! Could this "expansion team" be ready to win a championship this season?

5. What's the best or most memorable piece of advice you've ever received?

6. I feel like digging into all of your souls. Do you think it's a good idea for me to start asking deeply personal questions during press conferences?

Edited by JardyB10

1 hour ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending January 23rd, 2022

The Simpsons Reaction GIF

1. This will likely be the final time I tag you all for a Halifax Press Conference. None of you really even technically play here after all. Where in your respective drafts do you expect to fall/where did you end up being selected?

2. What was your favourite or even least favourite part about playing for Halifax?

3. I didn't follow any of the off-season tournaments. Tell me about some highlights if you participated in them! If not, tell me what your last meal was.

4. Speaking of drafts, our very own Bob Chicoine was selected in a very strong draft for the Oslo Storm! Could this "expansion team" be ready to win a championship this season?

6. I feel like digging into all of your souls. Do you think it's a good idea for me to start asking deeply personal questions during press conferences?

1. I've been draft by Geneva in the VHLE draft. For the Vhl i think i can be draft inside the top 40. For the VHLM, i want to be draft by you lol.

2. I loved de locker room and the trade minion try to do, but we lost too many games and we weren't near a playoff spot.

3. I played in the junior showcase and i had a lot of point, but our team finished last again...

4. I've been draft by the Geneva Rush by the way XD, but thanks a lot ! Yes, i think the rush could be contender this season.

5. To be a great locker room guys.

6. I don't know if it's a good ideo to ask "DEEPLY" personal questions, but i don't care about personal question.

On 1/21/2022 at 1:12 PM, JardyB10 said:

It's an interesting question because I expect for each of my drafts coming up, my placement will be different. I think I can expect top 10 for the VHL, but as for VHLM and VHLE it feels wide open. I have had contact from one VHLM team so far but that's it, which I find a bit strange but not concerning. 

Hmm, I suppose the best part of my tenure was my first start (which was my best start). Great LR and team vibe, but certainly a disappointing season in terms of standings. 

I was the starter for the Brigade in the Junior Showcase Tournament. We didn't end up winning it all but I was impressed by the GM for the Brigade @Daniel Janser and fully expect him to be a VHL GM one day. 

4. Speaking of drafts, our very own Bob Chicoine was selected in a very strong draft for the Oslo Storm! Could this "expansion team" be ready to win a championship this season?

I figure that once you officially draft me, yes. So get on it Halifax! Bring this Fuhr baby back. 

“The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

And we … kill those people.

"Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok … But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.”

- Bill Hicks

Yes for sure, why not? Worst case we don't answer it directly but it changes things up from the regular run of the mill questions and that is a good thing. 

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending January 30th, 2022

WELCOME TO HALIFAX!

1. Hey y'all! We got an almost entirely new team this week! Can you tell us how you came to find yourself on the Halifax 21st? What were your feelings through that process?

2. At this point in time, Halifax is in a bit of an underdog role in the VHLM. What are some things you as a player or we as a team can do to surprise the opposing teams this season?

3. What type of player would you consider yourself, or would like to develop into? Do you have any NHL or VHL role models that you look up to?

4. What are your personal goals for the season?

5. I've asked this in the past, but with a new group of people joining the team: Tell me about some of your favourite hobbies!

6. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?

|@CSkams15 @Drew Essen @David Cobberson @BleedBlue52 @Azjha_59 @jacobaa19 @Yahtzee @LiningPolecat|

Edited by JardyB10

25 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

WELCOME TO HALIFAX!

1. Hey y'all! We got an almost entirely new team this week! Can you tell us how you came to find yourself on the Halifax 21st? What were your feelings through that process?

2. At this point in time, Halifax is in a bit of an underdog role in the VHLM. What are some things you as a player or we as a team can do to surprise the opposing teams this season?

3. What type of player would you consider yourself, or would like to develop into? Do you have any NHL or VHL role models that you look up to?

5. I've asked this in the past, but with a new group of people joining the team: Tell me about some of your favourite hobbies!

|@CSkams15 @Drew Essen @David Cobberson @BleedBlue52 @Azjha_59 @jacobaa19 @Yahtzee @LiningPolecat|

1. Well being drafted 7th ovr was a huge shock to me. I’m very happy to get the chance to play for a team that took the chance and drafted me so high.

2. Well I made a deep playoff run last year with the aces so I think I can bring a lot to the table in terms of experience and leadership.

3. I’m a true two way defenceman. That’s my goal

4. just to improve overall. I’m okay if we don’t make a playoff run I just want to improve.

5. I’m a huge car guy. Love workin on cars and in the summer I’m in a pit crew for my buddy.

6. Somewhere warm and covid free.

1. Well i was traded from the Marlins here. We were in the middle of a gm change so there was a bit of a lack of communication from the new gm but thats completely understandable with the situation that was at hand.

2. I feel that we need to find people who work well together and role with it and also chemistry with the team as a whole

3. i consider myself a pass first type of guy like a Robert Thomas out of the NHL but I can also score when needed.

4. My personal goals for the season is to be a bit more disciplined but also find my self good scoring chances

5. I like gaming and playing golf with the boys

6. I would be in Minnesota to play some hockey and go ice fishing.

16 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

WELCOME TO HALIFAX!

1) The waiver process is fun and difficult sometimes too - I think the first time I went through it was easier because I didn't know anyone - this time I was kind of sad to have to turn some places, and people that I know from my first player, down. But at the same time - when I started looking into things and felt like Halifax was a good fit, it was pretty hard to say no.

2) My first player was a waiver claim by Miami near the S75 trade deadline. We were out of the playoffs at the time and we had 4 or 5 hard-working players that came in as waiver claims, earned a bunch of TPE, fought our way up to a playoff spot. Then we pulled off a few upsets in the playoffs and won a Cup. If we work hard, we can surprise someone!

3) I'm a playmaker for sure and a guy that wants to take care of things in my own zone. I think I see the ice well and am good at creating space and opportunities for my teammates.

4) I don't really know, just want to see how this goes, get some experience and prepare for the VHL draft. From a team perspective, obviously a goal is to get into a playoff spot and then we'll see what happens once we're in.

5) I play a lot of video games. IRL I stream on twitch with my fiance and a friend of ours, and I'm also a competitive five-pin bowler.

6) Halifax 😉

1. I was having trouble choosing which team to sign with, so I spun a wheel and it landed on Halifax, until I thought of the wheel I was stressed out because of how many options I had

2. everyone gets as much TPE as possible and we can take everyone by surprise by how fast we improve

3. I want to develop myself into an offensive forward with a physical upside, similar to T.J. Oshie

4. Score 5 goals and 10 points

5. I play hockey irl (goalie), I stream on twitch, I make YouTube videos, I enjoy hiking, skiing, backpacking, anything to do with either content creation or the outdoors (except rock climbing and caving)

6. the Bob Marshall wilderness in Montana

On 1/26/2022 at 2:14 PM, Azjha_59 said:

4. Score 5 goals and 10 points

Oh we’ll get you there!

On 1/26/2022 at 2:14 PM, Azjha_59 said:

6. the Bob Marshall wilderness in Montana

I haven’t heard of this place, but it sounds dope. I love nature and hiking!

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending February 6th, 2022

Polo GIF by Ephram

1. The Halifax 21st have been #blessed enough to attract the attention of a wonderful group of waiver pickups this off-season! How should they spend their first night in the city?

2. S82 has literally just begun and the 21st got smoked in two consecutive games against the Philadelphia Reapers. What are some things you like to do to get over a tough loss?

3. With fewer than average draft picks this past off-season, the team could be considered to be in somewhat of a rebuilding phase, and may not be projected to place particularly high in the standings this season. Are you comfortable with playing in this kind of underdog role?

4. What are your first impressions of the VHL and the VHLM? If you're a veteran member, what WERE your first impressions and how did they end up developing with your time in the league?

5. Which do you prefer: Milkshakes or Smoothies? What flavour?

6. What is a song that you are absolutely vibing to right now? If you're not a music person, what's something else you're thoroughly enjoying at the moment?

|@CSkams15 @Fergie @Drew Essen @Jack Riley @David Cobberson @CanucksFan @BleedBlue52 @tcookie @Azjha_59 @jacobaa19 @Charlie22 @william77 @Jérémy Louchard @Yahtzee @LiningPolecat @Hunter Blaisdell|

1.I think they should do an initiation for the new guys on the team so everybody is really part of the group.

2.You know, you have to be objective, this was maybe the best club in the league with a couple of 200TPE guys, tomorrow we're gonna show our real colors.

3.Yes absolutely, the people of this team seems really nice and I would like to be part of that rebuild phase, the win at the end is gonna be even better tasting.

4.This website is really really cool, the only thing is that it is hard to find... I think that if publicity of this website would be better, the number of players would really grow.

5.I prefer milkshakes obviously, it gets you fat... Chocolat milkshakes are the best.

6.Weirdly, I am vibing on "Gimme Gimme", I never put much attention to this song and now it's like I just realize how good it is.

1. Hanging out together at the ice rink and playing some pick up hockey. 

2. Listen to music and play field hockey 

3. I am comfortable with playing this role. but only as long as I feel like the team is moving in the right direction, not backwards. 
4. this is my first season and I like VHL a lot, I’m really excited to get to know my team and coaches better and improve my player. 
5. Smoothies, Strawberry 

6. 1 scale 

7 minutes ago, Jérémy Louchard said:

1.I think they should do an initiation for the new guys on the team so everybody is really part of the group.

Can the initiation involve some hazing? 😜

the simpsons paddle GIF

9 minutes ago, Jack Riley said:

5. Smoothies, Strawberry

The correct answer was actually Peanut Butter and Banana, but I'll forgive you. 😛

1. As one of the new pickups myself, I'll just be hanging out with some of my teammates and try to get used to the culture around here. 

2. Well Philadelphia is one of the best teams in the leauge, losing to them is nothing we should be ashamed of. We just gotta bite the bullet and regroup for the next game. 

3. I don't mind it at all, I love being an underdog. We just gotta give it our all and try to please the fans during this period. 

4. Seems to be a great community, loving it so far. 

5. Easy, Vanilla milkshake.

6. Country boy by johnny cash. Love me some johnny cash. 

Getting to know each other.

Preparing for the next game.

Yes I am comfortable playing with an underdog role, especially in my first season.

This is an awesome awesome website, I have been on the lookout for this kind of thing for a while and I am very excited to join!

I think I would have to go with smoothies, for a flavor, probably mango pineapple.

I'm not really a music person, but I love hockey, so I would go with watching the Canucks suck lol.

Edited by CanucksFan

21 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending February 6th, 2022

Polo GIF by Ephram

1. The Halifax 21st have been #blessed enough to attract the attention of a wonderful group of waiver pickups this off-season! How should they spend their first night in the city?

2. S82 has literally just begun and the 21st got smoked in two consecutive games against the Philadelphia Reapers. What are some things you like to do to get over a tough loss?

3. With fewer than average draft picks this past off-season, the team could be considered to be in somewhat of a rebuilding phase, and may not be projected to place particularly high in the standings this season. Are you comfortable with playing in this kind of underdog role?

4. What are your first impressions of the VHL and the VHLM? If you're a veteran member, what WERE your first impressions and how did they end up developing with your time in the league?

5. Which do you prefer: Milkshakes or Smoothies? What flavour?

6. What is a song that you are absolutely vibing to right now? If you're not a music person, what's something else you're thoroughly enjoying at the moment?

|@CSkams15 @Fergie @Drew Essen @Jack Riley @David Cobberson @CanucksFan @BleedBlue52 @tcookie @Azjha_59 @jacobaa19 @Charlie22 @william77 @Jérémy Louchard @Yahtzee @LiningPolecat @Hunter Blaisdell|

1. As a hometown boy who grew up in Halifax, I would highly recommend seeing downtown Halifax and The Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21.

2. It's one of those days you just have to move on from, especially with a young roster with little experience going against one of the tougher teams in the league right now.

3. I'll tell you what i told the rest of the group; Every dog has it's day.

4. I like it. As of right now in especially with all of this Covid-19 stuff going on, I think thery're doing great.

5. I enjoy strawberyy banana smoothies, thank you very much for asking.

6. My town by Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes feat. Joe Talbot

Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes - My Town ft. Joe Talbot