On 5/10/2022 at 11:29 PM, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png
Halifax 21st Press Conference

3 Questions Answered = 1 Capped TPE

6 Questions Answered = 2 Capped TPE

Please answer in full sentences

Week Ending May 15th, 2022

Tuesday Morning Dog GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Note, if you're not a fan of these questions, and haven't answered previous ones, feel free to use old questions instead! Hell, you can even pull them from a completely different thread!

1. Hey gang! The Halifax 21st is in need of a mascot to pump the crowd during games. What should our mascot be?

2. You get TPE for answering these questions! What attribute(s) are you currently improving with your recent updates?

3. I've asked this in the past, but we have a pretty fresh group of people now: If you could be the Halifax GM or owner for a day, what would you do with the role? (Trades? Make the concession stand free? Fire Jardy?)

4. Speaking of taco Tuesday, what is your players favourite food? Is it the same as YOUR favourite food?

5. What is the most enjoyable activity you have participated in within the last year?

6. What is your opinion on wearing socks? Moreover, what type of sandals do you like to wear?

|@barryst @jpdavidson8787 @Juhnux @Mitz @Jayrad28 @Fergie @Bryce @jsdeac @Jack Johnson @Azjha_59 @Oatex @Otaznik @Sam_19 @Yahtzee @Ian Kingston @william77 @CrlineDijohn14 @LiningPolecat @samthemancub|

1. I think a massive boat would be very original.

2. I usually go with whatever sounds the coolest.

3. I would relocate the team to Latvia and bring in Zemgus Girgensons.😎

4. My player loves the guacamole from Mighty Taco. And so do I. Who doesn't love the guacamole from Mighty Taco?

5. I went to see Genesis earlier this year on their Last Domino tour. It was an absolute blast and Phil Collins is an absolute legend.

6. My obsession with socks may have gone too far. Going to bed? I wore socks. Taking a shower? Wearing socks ofc. On the beach? You guessed it, socks. Eventually though I grew bored of them. Now i wear fuzzy socks.🥰 Never been a big sandal wearer though.

On 5/14/2022 at 8:55 PM, JardyB10 said:

I think you’re allowed to reset again for free, though I’m unclear if that’s whenever or during the off-season. I can look into it if you’d like!

I can reset it in the offseason. I don't think I can do it midseason

• 2 weeks later...

Halifax 21st Press Conference

Please answer in full sentences

Week Ending May 29th, 2022

1. We play Houston in the first round of the playoffs, are you confident that we will do well?

2. What does the team need to do to make a deep run this playoffs?

3.If you had to pick a player who was the MVP from Halifax this season? Why?

4. What is your hope for the future of your player?

5. Do you prefer hot or cold sandwiches? What do you like on said sandwich?

6. What is your favorite summer activity?

3 minutes ago, samx said:

1. We play Houston in the first round of the playoffs, are you confident that we will do well?

1. Of course we will. We have me on the team. That always equates to success. Or something. To be honest, I just got here so Im not sure.
2. Considering what I saw in that one recent game... stay out of the penalty box.

3. Tombstone. Can't do anything without a good goalie. Trust me ;)

4. No idea. Honestly just hope Tucke rand I get drafted to the same teams again.

5. Hot because panini's are the bomb. Summer Sausage. Smoked Provolone, spinach and a garlic aoli.

6. Camping/Fishing. Its amazing how easily they can just turn my mind off when it seems like nothing else will.

6 hours ago, samx said:

1. Given that we're the #1 seed, I am pretty confident that we'll take the series.

2. We have the talent, all we need now is the luck. And some strats that don't involve me. Sorry Tucker Jr but you ain't it.

3. My guy Tombstone absolutely rocked it in goal and definitely deserves the honor.

4. Preferably my VHLM career stays in Halifax, and hopefully I'll be able to just have a fun career, not with Vanny. Love them but I need a fresh start somewhere.

5. Are hot sandwiches even a thing??? Cold, and preferably an ice cream sandwich.

6. That'd hafta be swimming. It's nice and warm down here so we can just vibe in the pool all summer long.

7 hours ago, samx said:

1. We got a good team, we got this first series.

2. Good defense and Goaltending.

3. I'm not sure if I could pick one person as an MVP. Everyone had a large role this season.

4. I'm hoping to get signed to a VHLE team and carry my production from this year to the next.

5. hot 🔥. Can't go wrong with a Chicken Bacon Ranch.

6. Used to be Skateboarding, but I've been golfing a lot so far this summer.

9 hours ago, samx said:

1. Yes even though I was on Houston I believe we should Sweep them.  
2. Keep playing smart few penalties and big hits to keep the other team on their heels. 
3. Sam just looks like best numbers I can see since being here.

4. Hoping to be a high draft pick and have a shot at the next level after my next (first real) season.

5. Hot, and love a French Dip 

6. DisneyWorld

On 5/27/2022 at 12:43 PM, samx said:

1. Well, we beat them in four games so yes I think I can say that I am fairly confident.

2. We need to play the best hockey we can play and see where the playoff gods take us.

3. It has to be Sam Tombstone @samthemancubhe has been a monster between the pipes this season.

4. I hope my player can have a successful VHL career!

5. Cold by a mile. Take a salad, throw it on the sandwich. Done.

6. I love to go on long bike rides. They are very relaxing.

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending June 5th, 2022

Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

PLAYOFF MODE ENGAGED!

Note, if you're not a fan of these questions, and haven't answered previous ones, feel free to use old questions instead! Hell, you can even pull them from a completely different thread!

1. Welcome back to Press Conferences with JardyB10. I'm your host, JardyB10. We're off to a bumpy 0-2 start in the semi-finals against the Marlins. What needs to change for us to come back in this series?

2. Besides VHLM Playoffs, the ProAm off-season tournament will be starting up soon! Check out the Discord HERE if you want. Will you participate in this tournament? Why or why not?

3. Suppose you were a world famous VHL podcaster like myself: What song or melody would you choose as your theme music?

4. If you could have one VHL/VHLE/VHLM award renamed after you, which would it be?

5. Do you have any pets? If so, tell me about them. If not, what kind of pet WOULD you get, if any at all?

6. My house has become horrendously dusty and I cannot even. What are your least favourite chores to do?

|@barryst @jpdavidson8787 @Juhnux @Rayzor_7 @Otis Boudreaux  @Fergie @jsdeac @Jack Johnson @Azjha_59 @Oatex @Yahtzee @Brodie_Landry @CrlineDijohn14 @samthemancub @Doug Britton @aleks @Vector olafson @Trunkxolotl @NSG |

12 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

PLAYOFF MODE ENGAGED!

1. Welcome back to Press Conferences with JardyB10. I'm your host, JardyB10. We're off to a bumpy 0-2 start in the semi-finals against the Marlins. What needs to change for us to come back in this series?

2. Besides VHLM Playoffs, the ProAm off-season tournament will be starting up soon! Check out the Discord HERE if you want. Will you participate in this tournament? Why or why not?

3. Suppose you were a world famous VHL podcaster like myself: What song or melody would you choose as your theme music?

4. If you could have one VHL/VHLE/VHLM award renamed after you, which would it be?

5. Do you have any pets? If so, tell me about them. If not, what kind of pet WOULD you get, if any at all?

6. My house has become horrendously dusty and I cannot even. What are your least favourite chores to do?

|@barryst @jpdavidson8787 @Juhnux @Rayzor_7 @Otis Boudreaux  @Fergie @jsdeac @Jack Johnson @Azjha_59 @Oatex @Yahtzee @Brodie_Landry @CrlineDijohn14 @samthemancub @Doug Britton @aleks @Vector olafson @Trunkxolotl @NSG |

1. We need to get more shots on net and stay out of the box. Both of which are easier said than done.

2. I've been invited to the junior showcase tournament, and its my first time doing something like that, looking forward to it.

3. Probably a classic sports song like "Y'all Ready For This"

4. I mean after my last player set the record for saves in a VHL season, I'd have to say best goalie :P

5. I do! I have a dog named Frodo, and a turtle named Squirt. I'm hoping to get an Axolotl or two at some point.

6. I'm not sure if it counts as a chore but I hate doing laundry. I hate the waiting part.

11 hours ago, Trunkxolotl said:

I'm hoping to get an Axolotl or two at some point.

One of my good friends has a couple of axolotls! They’re pretty neat and cute.

Also super relatable with laundry. I don’t wear a lot of different clothes but I still put off laundry an obscene amount. Probably save on water though 😜

15 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

PLAYOFF MODE ENGAGED!

1. We need some offense, can't depend on defense and goaltending.

2. I'm inbetween, if I join it might be last second.

3. Bo Burnham - Bezos I

4. Most hits in a season

5. I have a cat named Nimbus, she's an indoor/outdoor cat that has half a tail.

6. Any chores really haha, Dishes are definitely my least favorite tho.

18 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

PLAYOFF MODE ENGAGED!

1. We just didn’t know how to play against this team, we are back in the mix now and evened up the series 

2. probably not, I’m only focused on VHLM playoffs right now

3. I dunno, great question though 

4. none, I’m not at the caliber yet to have any awards named after me

5. I have a Dog named Rylee, she is a German Shepard Golden retriever mix and is 5 months old

6. taken in weld definitely stinks, got that behind me though, summer time here we come!!!!

On 5/31/2022 at 11:40 PM, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

PLAYOFF MODE ENGAGED!

1. Oh well, RIP to that question. In retrospect, we probably woulda been helped if we had won more games.

2. Um, I will, yes, because that was my favorite (and only) offseason event before it was disbanded. I'm dumb, so I didn't realize it got revived. Gonna be Tucker's last hurrah, I guess.

3. I'm a huge Taylor Swift, so probably the melody to one of her songs on Speak Now. I don't know which one, though, none of her songs seem to go well with fake hockey podcasts.

4. I would make a new award, the NSG Loudmouth Award, given to the user who participated in the most forum arguments during that season 😛

5. Yes, I have 2 cats. One of them is gray with black stripes, and he loves people, however, he's been a very naughty feline at times. The other is a black cat with some white on her neck. She's beautiful and has an amazing purr, but she's very skittish, although less so now. She also has had health issues for most of her time here, which is unfortunate.

6. Honestly bro? All of them. Nobody likes chores and neither should you.

On 6/1/2022 at 12:40 AM, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

PLAYOFF MODE ENGAGED!

1. Welp. We lost, but we definitely gave it our all.

2. Yes I'm participating! I have nothing better to do.

3. Sussudio by Phil Collins. It is an absolute banger.😎

4. It has to be the Benoit Devereux Trophy, because my player does an excellent job of padding the stats of opposing goalies.😜

5. I have a dog, his name is Cole! He is a mutt and a real sweetie.

6. Vacuuming! It is so loudddddd.😭

JhmlGX6.png

1. What would you like to find on a beach? 

2. If you have to select a team to play their the rest of your career why would you pick Malmo? 

3. What your favorite animal and why is it a red panda? 

4. What do you think JardyB10 is thinking right now? 
5. What is your player going to work on do during the offseason? 
6.  What would be your player preGame meal and Post game meal? 

2 hours ago, Lemorse7 said:

JhmlGX6.png

1. What would you like to find on a beach? 

2. If you have to select a team to play their the rest of your career why would you pick Malmo? 

3. What your favorite animal and why is it a red panda? 

4. What do you think JardyB10 is thinking right now? 
5. What is your player going to work on do during the offseason? 
6.  What would be your player preGame meal and Post game meal? 

1. I hope I see some sand.

2. No one drafted me and Malmo was the only team to contact me after the draft.

3. Never had a fav animal, but its now Red pandas.

4. "I should've wrote the press conference" - JardyB10

5. Gonna start from scratch and rebuild my style.

6. Steak and Steak

On 6/8/2022 at 7:15 PM, Yahtzee said:

4. "I should've wrote the press conference" - JardyB10

False. But alas...

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending June 19th, 2022

Black And White Goodbye GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

OFF-SEASON MODE ENGAGED!

1. Welcome back again to Press Conferences with JardyB10. I'm your host, JardyB10. We are in the off-season! Of all the off-season events (tournaments, WJC, drafts, etc), what are you most looking forward to/did you enjoy the most?

2. Many of you have graduated from the VHLM, some of you will be entering the draft. A few of you will remain here. Where specifically do YOU hope to be next season?

3. Do you think you would enjoy writing Press Conference questions? Why or why not?

4. Speaking of writing Press Conference questions: Write one right NOW! I promise I'll answer it.

5. I just spent a week vacationing in the mountains in British Columbia, and it was quite glorious. What is your ideal vacation destination?

6. There's nothing better than a fresh carrot from the garden. Change my mind.

|@barryst @jpdavidson8787 @Juhnux @Rayzor_7 @Otis Boudreaux  @Fergie @jsdeac @Jack Johnson @Azjha_59 @Oatex @Yahtzee @Brodie_Landry @CrlineDijohn14 @samthemancub @Doug Britton @aleks @Vector olafson @Trunkxolotl @NSG |

Here we go....

1. Since I am in the draft I have to say that. But I am also a GM in the upcoming WJC tourny (Go World team!) so I am looking forward to that as well.

2. I will be in the draft. I am not sure where I will be, but I am looking forward to another exciting season. Getting traded part-way thru the season was tough, but in a way it was a good thing. I knew I would be in this draft so it kept me from getting attached to one team.

3. Sure. I mean, I was a high school history teacher, I made a career of writing questions that people complained about having to answer, lol

4. Why did you chose to create the type of player you did?

5. Oh man, just one? Wow, guess I would say Bath England. Long story with my connection there, but yea. I would say there.

6. My wife says tomatoes, I would say a fresh onion, that way people stay away from you and then you can eat all of the carrots!

55 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

False. But alas...

JhmlGX6.png

OFF-SEASON MODE ENGAGED!

1. Welcome back again to Press Conferences with JardyB10. I'm your host, JardyB10. We are in the off-season! Of all the off-season events (tournaments, WJC, drafts, etc), what are you most looking forward to/did you enjoy the most?

2. Many of you have graduated from the VHLM, some of you will be entering the draft. A few of you will remain here. Where specifically do YOU hope to be next season?

3. Do you think you would enjoy writing Press Conference questions? Why or why not?

4. Speaking of writing Press Conference questions: Write one right NOW! I promise I'll answer it.

5. I just spent a week vacationing in the mountains in British Columbia, and it was quite glorious. What is your ideal vacation destination?

|@barryst @jpdavidson8787 @Juhnux @Rayzor_7 @Otis Boudreaux  @Fergie @jsdeac @Jack Johnson @Azjha_59 @Oatex @Yahtzee @Brodie_Landry @CrlineDijohn14 @samthemancub @Doug Britton @aleks @Vector olafson @Trunkxolotl @NSG |

Possibly last Halifax PC!

1. I mean as someone elidible for it, the easy answer here is that I'm looking forward to the VHLM draft. I'm curious to see where I'll go as quite a few teams have made their intentions known.

2. I'm not picky on the team. Whoever thinks I'm worth that pick at that spot is someone I am willing to play for. I just want top pairing and PP1 minutes ;)

3. Yes! I've actually done it a few times to cover for slacking or missing AGMs- which I'm getting a little experience being with the WJC right now, so thats neat.

4. When your player dresses, what piece of equipment goes on first? Which goes on last? Why?

5. BC would definitely nice, or even the east coast in Newfoundland where I unfortunately have some family. But to be honest, I'd probably have to say LA. I've got quite a few of online friends that live there that I'd like to meet.

6. A cooked carrot is better. A cooked carrot is the best vegetable known to man. I don't need to change your mind. You're allowed to be wrong.

8 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

False. But alas...

JhmlGX6.png

OFF-SEASON MODE ENGAGED!

1. The pro am has been interesting so far.

2. I just hope to sign with a VHLE team that needs defense.

3. It could be fun on occasion, but I usually overthink this kind of stuff so it would probably stress me out.

4. If your player had to play in another sport besides hockey what sport would they play in? type of player and position?

5. I really enjoyed a vacation I took in Hawaii about 5 years ago. Wouldn't mind going back soon.

6. I'd rather have a fresh apple or orange from a tree, but I don't have a garden or an apple or orange tree so what do I know.

On 6/1/2022 at 12:40 AM, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

PLAYOFF MODE ENGAGED!

Jardy asking PCQs 🤯 Sign me tf up

1. You should probably win some games, I think that would help tremendously! Barring that, steer into the skid and pray?

2. I will not be participating, mainly because I've got no clue what it is, but also because I think it's fake news.

3. Hmmm, very good question Mr. Podcaster. I think Enter Sandman is probably way too played out, at this point, yeah? Let's go with Loser by Beck, because irony (right? guys? validate me!). That, or Tubthuming by Chumbawumba, because who tf doesn't love that song?

4. Boulet to Bailey because we all know who the true original 2-way beast was (at least, the OGs do)

5. Nah, only realistic pets I'd get are dogs, and not fair to put them in a situation with as little space as I've got + leaving them alone all day and kenneling them when travelling. I would love to have a tortoise though, those are dope

6. Hmmm...probably laundry - but I compensate by owning enough clothes to last a couple months lol. That, or cleaning the bathroom, but I married a saint who takes care of that one

15 hours ago, Otis Boudreaux said:

4. Why did you chose to create the type of player you did?

Two reasons really. 1. I had never created an active defenceman before and that was well past due. 2. Before the Hybrid attributes, there was an issue where many people were building their players the exact same way, so I wanted to do something a bit different.

15 hours ago, Trunkxolotl said:

4. When your player dresses, what piece of equipment goes on first? Which goes on last? Why?

Poopy had no actual hockey experience before the VHLM, so he still puts his skates on first. No one says anything though. He puts his jock on last because he doesn’t like how it wedges.

7 hours ago, Yahtzee said:

4. If your player had to play in another sport besides hockey what sport would they play in? type of player and position?

Baseball would be simple enough for him, and he’d utilize his defensive awareness at shortstop I think. He’s terrible at batting though.

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending June 26th, 2022

ice hockey sport GIF by NHL

lol what a nerd

1. The draft has occurred and we've got ourselves a pretty fresh team! Introduce yourselves.

2. Do you do VHL Trivia on the portal? If so, do you enjoy it? If not, WHY?

3. Speaking of drafts, did you follow any of the drafts that took place last week? If so, did anything particularly stand out to you? If not, WHY?

4. At the moment, Halifax has one of the smallest and therefore weakest rosters in the VHLM. How do you feel about having limited team success to start the season?

5. I just finished editing an hour long conversation between @samx and @Doomsday . What's the dumbest thing YOU have ever done for free?

6. What is the best breakfast food/meal? (Hint: It's probably french toast)

| @jpach52 @Emann2003 @pelle paltnacke @jsdeac @Brodie_Landry @aleks @matthews sucks @Quik |

1. The draft has occurred and we've got ourselves a pretty fresh team! Introduce yourselves.

My name is Geoff.

2. Do you do VHL Trivia on the portal? If so, do you enjoy it? If not, WHY?

I've done it once. It was ok, much too easy compared to the Good Ol' Days (CC: @Beketov)

3. Speaking of drafts, did you follow any of the drafts that took place last week? If so, did anything particularly stand out to you? If not, WHY?

There were drafts? Shit, am I going to war?

4. At the moment, Halifax has one of the smallest and therefore weakest rosters in the VHLM. How do you feel about having limited team success to start the season?

Send me all the rubber - just don't get pissed if there's a couple holes poked in my defence,

5. I just finished editing an hour long conversation between @samx and @Doomsday . What's the dumbest thing YOU have ever done for free?

@Commissioner

6. What is the best breakfast food/meal? (Hint: It's probably french toast)

Depends on the day. A full English is great. Chicken and Waffles is also great. Pancakes are great. Cereal is great. Breakfast in general is just pretty fucking great.