A VHLM Season has come and gone!

Banackock

It's the first one in my books - or rather, the first one that I count. A few seasons ago I gave it a try at the VHLM commissioner role and despite the desire and wanting to do my best, I simply couldn't. At the time, I felt ready, wanted to be ready for a role like this and simply put, wasn't. For clarification, I don't even know if I truly made it a full season. I was too busy with a lot going on in life. Now, some seasons later we find ourselves completing a season together, VHLM, and this time I'm not a GM but am once again a VHLM commissioner. These season has been full of many things and has largely been a learning curve for so many members. Fortunately for everyone in the VHLM, this is the perfect and exact reason for the league itself. To Learn! From new members joining the league in what seemed like at one point a tsunami of recruits, to new members stepping up and taking over VHLM GM positions, to even your very own @.sniffuM and myself stepping into the roles and learning alongside with you guys. To me, it was awesome. I had a lot of easy choices a long the road, a good chunk of work to keep us on our toes at all times and a lot of great conversations about the league and one another along the way with many, many members. The season has come and gone, so let's touch on pieces of it, shall we?

Firstly, congrats to @diamond_ace and his Ottawa team, teammates and members! You guys had an amazing season and all while everyone was watching @ShawnGlade and his stomping 21sts kick down the fucking door, storm in and seemingly potentially become an expansion winner in their first season, you closed the door and gave them hell. I guess that's what happens when you pull a @BarzalGoat! Too soon? Could this joke become a thing? He's already a meme! Either way, great season from all teams. Touching on "all teams", I appreciate the effort from all GM's along the way. @jacobaa19 @Gooningitup @diamond_ace @Reives @ShawnGlade @BarzalGoat @Trifecta @Jubo07 and all the rest who I may have missed. Being new GM's in the league isn't easy and when coming in so quick and hot, it's expected to find turbulence. We seen that at the draft - but that was a mixture of other things too. As the season grew, you guys started kicking some ass and knocked on our doors everyday with crazy trade offers and yeah. We have an amazing group of guys, so keep it up.

World Juniors. It was a quick idea I brought forward to the BoG and was also something I was highly enthusiastic about. In fact, so hyped up about it I was told to "slow down". I'm very, very happy that I chose to not listen and continued on with my passion for the idea. While there's much room for improvement and ideas to come (so get HYPED), I really enjoyed watching the tournament shake down and could feel the buzz around the league. Whether around the league or in the discord, you typically found someone from Team Canada shitting on someone lower in the standing than them (joking, sort of. Or am I?). The tournament was a success and I'm highly appreciative to all the manager who stuck it out and kicked ass, all the players who took part in it, @Beketov for making sweet love with the sim and killing it for us when we needed someone to step up and of course, my trust side kicks and partners in crime, @BarzalGoat and @McWolf for helping run the show. I know it's typically a thing for commissioners to swap out in the off-season or whatever, but as far as I'm aware, both of these guys will be running the show for next season.

I'm excited to see what the future has in store for the league. This coming off-season, we'll see a significant amount of changes coming to the league. The first we're going to see is with the waiver system. While not removing exactly, we're altering it and making some stuff happen. Each team will still be allowed to obviously sign members, but there will be a soft cap of 7 players per team. Once the average on each team combined signed equals above 7, that number will be bumped up to 8 and so on. This will eliminate teams only being able to sign to one team, limiting their choices and making it less fun. There's numerous teams and being told "no you can't play for that team because blah so you're on this team" is bull shit and while not totally removing this, we are limiting it quite a bit and I'm happy for that. While it may be slightly rushed and changes and such may come in the future (in little pieces to it to help improve the system), we're in the ball park for things to help make the M a much better league.  The second change we're going to see is the removal of the VHLM Salary cap. While the change took place, courtesy of your big sexy (me) in the regular season towards the end, officially in the VHLM there will be no more SALARY cap. Instead, we will work with the waiver system ALL WHILE giving every single member 1.5M as opposed to the 1-2M contracts. This levels the playing grounds at the start of every career and helps out our new members too! The third change coming your way will be for draft pick trading. It was this way I while back and was only removed a short while ago to only allowing teams to trade picks in the current season. I don't like it, never have and never will, so fortunately I'm the guy - or one of them, that has the power to change that. As of now, team will be allowed to change a season in a advanced. Example - it's half way through the season of S62, teams are able to trade picks in S62 and S63. IF it's the draft, you open the doors to S62, S63 and S64. Once the draft is complete, it's S63 and S64 only. this pattern clearly continues. 

I'm sure I'm missing some shit, but I'm a busy guy and want to end this article so I can train and prep for the off-season. Some changes are still being worked out, but GM's, you will have everything in very short time. In an ending statement, I look forward to the off-season and draft and the seasons to come working with y'all.

CHEEEEERS

19 minutes ago, Banackock said:

I know it's typically a thing for commissioners to swap out in the off-season or whatever, but as far as I'm aware, both of these guys will be running the show for next season.

Count me in, Banaboy

26 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Example - it's half way through the season of S62, teams are able to trade picks in S62 and S63

If you're halfway through S62, wouldn't the S62 draft have already passed?

30 minutes ago, Enorama said:

If you're halfway through S62, wouldn't the S62 draft have already passed?

Your wisdom is Appreciated. Scratch the rest. It’s been a long day and wrong person hehe

Edited by Banackock

"You guys had an amazing season and all while everyone was watching @ShawnGlade and his stomping 21sts kick down the fucking door, storm in and seemingly potentially become an expansion winner in their first season, you closed the door and gave them hell."

You summed up our season in a single sentence, nice

5 hours ago, Banackock said:

While not removing exactly, we're altering it and making some stuff happen. Each team will still be allowed to obviously sign members, but there will be a soft cap of 7 players per team. Once the average on each team combined signed equals above 7, that number will be bumped up to 8 and so on.

I know what you meant (mostly because I proposed it) but the way you actually phrased it, that's not how averages work.If the cap is 7, the only way the average can also be 7 is if every team has 7 exactly. What you meant is cap is 7, when the average is 6 the cap is bumped to 8. Then when the average is 7 (under the 8 cap) the cap is bumped to 9.

3 hours ago, ShawnGlade said:

"You guys had an amazing season and all while everyone was watching @ShawnGlade and his stomping 21sts kick down the fucking door, storm in and seemingly potentially become an expansion winner in their first season, you closed the door and gave them hell."

You summed up our season in a single sentence, nice

We didn't even need the door, we just sniped you from the next hill over.

7 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

I know what you meant (mostly because I proposed it) but the way you actually phrased it, that's not how averages work.If the cap is 7, the only way the average can also be 7 is if every team has 7 exactly. What you meant is cap is 7, when the average is 6 the cap is bumped to 8. Then when the average is 7 (under the 8 cap) the cap is bumped to 9.

Oh yeah. I meant if the average is above 6. Long day at work, sue meeee :D 

This is why you’re my 2nd favourite GM! 

2 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Oh yeah. I meant if the average is above 6. Long day at work, sue meeee :D 

This is why you’re my 2nd favourite GM! 

Yeah basically if the average at any given time is (Cap-1) then Cap becomes (Cap+1)