Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

17 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Who`s the Fool?

This past week started with a bang with a bunch of trades, announcement of le Captains and maybe a few jokes being played around the league; which is right up my alley; since it was April Fool’s Day!! So, Let get into the exciting week and discuss what happened:Answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     Major trade ended the previous week as Vancouver Wolves shipped Larry Abass Jr @RileyL and Jens Lekman @Bobcat to Calgary Wranglers for Thor Odinson @GoalPlays and S94 CGY 1st; who won the trade and why?

2.     Vancouver Wolves have struggled to start the season so are you still confident that Vancouver will turn it around and make the playoffs?

3.     Playoffs, Yeah, I am talking about playoffs!! With the NHL playoff only a few weeks away, is your team going to make the playoffs and what do you think of their chances of winning the cup?

4.     Fools day came and went with a few jokes being played, what one did you like and which one might have caught you out? (League embezzlement, Fake trade, GM stepping down etc..)

5.     What did you think of the Fake trade involving Vancouver Wolves and the Moscow Menace; where Vancouver shipped off newly announced Captain Liv Slater @Subject056 to Moscow for S94 WAR 1st & S94 MOS 1st? Would this be a trade that you would complete? Why or why not? Did this joke caught you out? Why or why not?

6.     Captains have been announced so what are your overall thoughts about the new Leadership group being announced with Liv Slater @Subject056 as Captain, Left Alone @okochastar & Sunglasses Joyo @JetsGoalie101 as assistants?

What is the next event on the Calendar for most?

Sharpen Stop Motion GIF by PESVictoriaDayscopy2.jpg.ddbfa5cb5e1dc9e164b01a7cbfaaa981.jpg

@Frank@RileyL@JetsGoalie101@Smarch@Scurvy@Dom@Girts@okochastar@Cwalker@Minebro@Tipskid97@Subject056@wcats@KaleebtheMighty@Gaikoku-hito

1. Big trades for sure. I think management said hey it looks like we're probably not going to contend even with these guys in the line up so let's cut bait early get some more picks and let our young guys get some experience playing top roles. 

2. Honestly I still think we can sneak into the 4 spot, that's my goal. 

3. I always think my NHL team will make the playoffs and win the cup so when they don't I can have an excuse to be upset and yell at my wife. 

4. The league embezzlement one got me at first for a couple paragraphs then I realized the date lol

5. I didn't like it and believed it for a second. I thought it was a bad trade because Liv Slater is the man and we need him to lead us to a cup. 

6. I think we have a good group of veteran leaders so I am happy with it, however I would like to vote next time, maybe I can do a write in ballot cuz no discord lol. 

3 hours ago, Girts said:

however I would like to vote next time, maybe I can do a write in ballot cuz no discord lol. 

Yes, we will need to remember this in the future for you!!

On 3/30/2024 at 8:18 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Easter Bunny Dancing GIF by Canticos World

Easter Weekend

Been a busy week from a personal standpoint but heading back to teaching in a few weeks and finally ended working at 3am in the morning means I should have more time to actually put more effort into Press Conference questions so bare with me with these horrible questions!! 😁 I promise that they might get better sooner than later. So Easter weekend that seems to have snuck up on us; okay at least me. Easter egg hunts, chocolate, chicks etc... Traditions? Answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     Left Alone @okochastar is currently in the top 10 of goal scoring in the league do you think he should pass the puck more or shoot the puck more? Why?

2.     Liv Slater @Subject056 is once again top 10 in defensive scoring but where would you rank her amongst the defensemen in the league today? Why?

3.     What VHL team is surprising you the most so far about quarter of the season? Why?

4.     At this point of the season Vancouver seems to be struggling and sit seventh in the conference; what is the biggest area that we can improve as team to start turning our season around? Why?

5.     Easter Weekend and a few seasons ago the Vancouver Wolves when to the Children Hospital for Halloween; Do you think the Wolves should do something similar in the community and what should we do?

6.     What are your Easter plans, anything special or traditional?

Good Friday Chocolate GIF by Pudgy Penguins

@Frank@RileyL@JetsGoalie101@Smarch@Scurvy@Dom@Girts@okochastar@Cwalker@Minebro@Tipskid97@Subject056@wcats@KaleebtheMighty@Gaikoku-hito

1. He should shoot more, we need more goals to climb the standings.

2. Top ten two years in a row would have me out her in the top 2 currently amongst active defenders.

3. Calgary they went from first last year to almost worst if not for LA in the North America conference.

4. We need to be more consistent. We allow

60 shots one game and 25 the next.

5. We could always head down to Hastings street and helped the unhoused. 

6. I cooked Easter dinner one day and had another Easter dinner at the in-laws the next. Buys weekend. 

1.     Major trade ended the previous week as Vancouver Wolves shipped Larry Abass Jr @RileyL and Jens Lekman @Bobcat to Calgary Wranglers for Thor Odinson @GoalPlays and S94 CGY 1st; who won the trade and why?

Hopefully it turns into a win win. Oddly enough we've trended better since we traded one of our best players. Just STHS things.

2.     Vancouver Wolves have struggled to start the season so are you still confident that Vancouver will turn it around and make the playoffs?

I hope we can sneak into the wild card round by seasons end. This season was all about turning the page on the rebuild but if it takes another season to contend then so be it. 

3.     Playoffs, Yeah, I am talking about playoffs!! With the NHL playoff only a few weeks away, is your team going to make the playoffs and what do you think of their chances of winning the cup?

Yes but the Canucks love to disappoint so I'd say the chances are slim.

4.     Fools day came and went with a few jokes being played, what one did you like and which one might have caught you out? (League embezzlement, Fake trade, GM stepping down etc..)

Fake trade was the best. Especially since Josh fell for it lol. Not sure how he missed the VHL Bot wasn't the topic author. No harm done though. 

5.     What did you think of the Fake trade involving Vancouver Wolves and the Moscow Menace; where Vancouver shipped off newly announced Captain Liv Slater @Subject056 to Moscow for S94 WAR 1st & S94 MOS 1st? Would this be a trade that you would complete? Why or why not? Did this joke caught you out? Why or why not?

@Subject056 is retiring a Wolf unless I step down as GM or she asks for a trade. 

6.     Captains have been announced so what are your overall thoughts about the new Leadership group being announced with Liv Slater @Subject056 as Captain, Left Alone @okochastar & Sunglasses Joyo @JetsGoalie101 as assistants?

Three great members. Two nearing the end with their players. Hoping Alone can find sone playoff success if not this season than next season.

20 minutes ago, Frank said:

Yes but the Canucks love to disappoint so I'd say the chances are slim.

Oh, This was what I was thinking about when I wrote this question!! LOL!!

21 minutes ago, Frank said:

Oddly enough we've trended better since we traded one of our best players. Just STHS things.

Not to mention the Cal 1st is currently a Lotto pick as well 👀

22 minutes ago, Frank said:

Especially since Josh fell for it lol.

I was worried he would fall for it and was about to tag it as fake but well, he beat me too it!! LOL!! I was surprised he actually fell for it!! LOL!!

On 4/6/2024 at 6:35 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Who`s the Fool?

This past week started with a bang with a bunch of trades, announcement of le Captains and maybe a few jokes being played around the league; which is right up my alley; since it was April Fool’s Day!! So, Let get into the exciting week and discuss what happened:Answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     Major trade ended the previous week as Vancouver Wolves shipped Larry Abass Jr @RileyL and Jens Lekman @Bobcat to Calgary Wranglers for Thor Odinson @GoalPlays and S94 CGY 1st; who won the trade and why?

4.     Fools day came and went with a few jokes being played, what one did you like and which one might have caught you out? (League embezzlement, Fake trade, GM stepping down etc..)

5.     What did you think of the Fake trade involving Vancouver Wolves and the Moscow Menace; where Vancouver shipped off newly announced Captain Liv Slater @Subject056 to Moscow for S94 WAR 1st & S94 MOS 1st? Would this be a trade that you would complete? Why or why not? Did this joke caught you out? Why or why not?

6.     Captains have been announced so what are your overall thoughts about the new Leadership group being announced with Liv Slater @Subject056 as Captain, Left Alone @okochastar & Sunglasses Joyo @JetsGoalie101 as assistants?

What is the next event on the Calendar for most?

Sharpen Stop Motion GIF by PESVictoriaDayscopy2.jpg.ddbfa5cb5e1dc9e164b01a7cbfaaa981.jpg

1. I think it was a pretty equal trade for both parties. Calgary need some veteran help and it allows us to get a younger player and pick to help the young core. 

2. I don't believe we will make the playoffs at this point unfortunately, but I hope I am proven wrong. 

3. My team clinched a playoff birth last night. We are likely to be murdered in the first round by Colorado. 

4.  Fake trade was great as it was posted prior to my April Fools starting so I thought it was legit. 

5. I thought it was legit as it was posted prior to April 1st in my area and the spoiler was posted in the trade conditions, so I assume the trade conditions were a joke.

6. Good group to team the young team this season. Liv going to be a captain in Van City for a long period of time I hope. 

Britney Spears What GIF

Trade Dull?

The trade deadline has been rather dull with a total of three trades as I write this press conference so what have you thought of the trade deadline so far and Playoff chances for the Wolves are still a thing so what do you think the chances are that we see some post season action? Those questions and more in this weeks presser. Answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     As mentioned, it has been a dull trade deadline but Moscow made a trade to collect a top defender in Kronchy Kardashian for a depth defender Celise Pereira and S94 DCD 1st; what did you make of this trade overall?

2.     Helsinki Titans was also involved in the only other trade of note so far by shipping off Fuukka Rask to the Da Bears for bunch depth players; two 2nd and two 3rd round picks; usually depth players so what did you think?

3.     Vancouver Wolves are currently six points back of Chicago for the final Playoff spot; Do you think we can make up the ground in the final 20 games and make the playoffs?

4.     Playoff or No Playoffs, what are your overall thoughts about this season?

5.     Did you watch any of the Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate stream from Beketov or will you watch any of it later? Why or why not?

6.     With Playoff around the corner; it means the weather is becoming nicer; what are you looking forward to the most?

Beach Day Baby GIF by Sealed With A GIF

1. Moscow is already tough and now they are really going for it.  I pick them as our rivals for years to come

2.  Thought Helsinki could have gotten more for Fukka.  But either way it makes Seattle better without having to give up too much.  Which sucks!   lol

3.  I think we can,  We are streaky for sure and just got punished today with lack of scoring.  I think we will get hot though and squeak in.

4. It's been great for me.  Happy to be in Vancouver and in VHL.  We knew we were going to have a young club, still earning.  The next few seasons we will grow and be super deadly.

5. I did not.  I was off and hanging with family since weather was nice we've been outside mostly.

6. NO RAIN!!!!!!!  Rains for like 9 months straight here so its nice for a break

1.     As mentioned, it has been a dull trade deadline but Moscow made a trade to collect a top defender in Kronchy Kardashian for a depth defender Celise Pereira and S94 DCD 1st; what did you make of this trade overall?

Think it's a nice trade for Moscow. Hopefully Helsinki gets a good prospect with that pick as their other trade of Jubis for a pair of 2nds was underwhelming. 

2.     Helsinki Titans was also involved in the only other trade of note so far by shipping off Fuukka Rask to the Da Bears for bunch depth players; two 2nd and two 3rd round picks; usually depth players so what did you think?

As mentioned earlier Helsinki should have asked for more or waited until the off season.

3.     Vancouver Wolves are currently six points back of Chicago for the final Playoff spot; Do you think we can make up the ground in the final 20 games and make the playoffs?

I hope so but if we miss I won't lose any sleep. We're trying to build the strongest team we can and feels like we're getting close.

4.     Playoff or No Playoffs, what are your overall thoughts about this season?

Underwhelming expected our off-season moves would have paid off in the standings. I'll take it as motivation for next season.

5.     Did you watch any of the Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate stream from Beketov or will you watch any of it later? Why or why not?

No if zi had more free tine I would have tuned in. But also I have no idea what that game is.

6.     With Playoff around the corner; it means the weather is becoming nicer; what are you looking forward to the most?

It's a win win. Enjoy the nice weather or the playoffs. 

22 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Britney Spears What GIF

Trade Dull?

The trade deadline has been rather dull with a total of three trades as I write this press conference so what have you thought of the trade deadline so far and Playoff chances for the Wolves are still a thing so what do you think the chances are that we see some post season action? Those questions and more in this weeks presser. Answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

6.     With Playoff around the corner; it means the weather is becoming nicer; what are you looking forward to the most?

1. I don't think much of it because usually the Moscow Meanies make bad moves so it's probably a better move for whoever they traded with. 

2. Fuukka Rask is a great name so that's cool but he was traded from his home country team I'm assuming so he's probably not overly thrilled about it but I have no idea. 

3. Yes absolutely we can because we rule and are the best, we will make the playoffs because we are the goddamn Wolves. 

4. I think it's been pretty fun, lot of young guys playing good minutes and getting experience, we're not that bad either and are in the mix for playoffs. 

5. No I did not watch any of it, this guy is always tagging me on stuff but I don't know him so I didn't tune in. Also I think zoo tycoon is for old people who can't use computers well. 

6. I am looking forward to getting outside more and going hiking with the nicer weather, but bugs suck so it's always a trade off. 

Edited by Girts

On 4/14/2024 at 5:53 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Britney Spears What GIF

Trade Dull?

1. To be honest I have no clue who either of those players are. I am sure it was a decent trade for both teams, but If they are not Wolves players, I couldn't pick out anyone in this league or point out thier impact.

2. I guess picks right now are hot commodities are the drafts are decent right now, so I guess its good?

3. No, I think we will be ending our season at the conclusion of the regular season unfortunately.

4. I don't think we had a great season overall. Its been a tough go of it and even if we sneak into the playoffs I don't foresee the team taking a playoff series.  

5. Had no idea it was taking place. I did not and likely will not watch it.

6. Looking forward to the season being over so we can re-group and try again. Not looking forward to summer housework and maintenance. 

image.jpeg.bd8403f4f0d316a24e43ab7aac8ec699.jpeg

Momma!! It`s over!!

Regular season is wrapping up tighter than your grandma where yoga pants and at the moment Vancouver Wolves are seven points back of the Calgary Wranglers for the final playoff spot. Yeah, we aren`t making it!! So this feels very much like an end of season press conference or is it more a end of season celebration!! Those questions and more in this weeks presser. Answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     Vancouver Wolves hold the Calgary Wranglers 1st overall selection in this season draft, so are we cheering for Calgary or are we cheering against them?

2.     Chicago Phoenix are three points back of the final wildcard and lost five straight games; Which NHL team does this remind you the most of during the final weeks of the regular season and why? (Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh or Washington)

3.     Are you interested in the VHL Playoff even if we are eliminated? Why or why not?

4.     Both GM & AGM have players in this season draft; who gets drafted first and why?

5.     What would your grandmother look like in Yoga pants or should men wear yoga pants?

6.     Riddle: What can be lifted but not throw?

grandma GIF

Chortle Comedy on X: "Montreal's Just ...

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

1. I want them to lose.  Better pick 

2. Philly for sure.  I was rooting for them and they blew it 

3. yeah I am.  I’m happy to be in VhL now so excited to see someone beat Seattle 

4. @frank goes #1 overall to LA.   they need a goalie for the future. 

5. Yikes.  Bad image.   And No.  men should not wear them

6. A feather 

14 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Momma!! It`s over!!

Regular season is wrapping up tighter than your grandma where yoga pants and at the moment Vancouver Wolves are seven points back of the Calgary Wranglers for the final playoff spot. Yeah, we aren`t making it!! So this feels very much like an end of season press conference or is it more a end of season celebration!! Those questions and more in this weeks presser. Answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     Vancouver Wolves hold the Calgary Wranglers 1st overall selection in this season draft, so are we cheering for Calgary or are we cheering against them?

2.     Chicago Phoenix are three points back of the final wildcard and lost five straight games; Which NHL team does this remind you the most of during the final weeks of the regular season and why? (Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh or Washington)

3.     Are you interested in the VHL Playoff even if we are eliminated? Why or why not?

4.     Both GM & AGM have players in this season draft; who gets drafted first and why?

5.     What would your grandmother look like in Yoga pants or should men wear yoga pants?

grandma GIF

1. Calgary seems to have heard you and now started winning too much, hopefully they start losing again soon!

2. They remind me of the Minnesota Wild in 2011-12. League leaders after 30 games, missed the playoffs. 

3. No, I am interested in the playoffs if we don't make the playoffs. 

4. I believe they will get drafted in the First Round to a team in either the North American or European Conference. 

5. I think she would still look dead in yoga pants 

6. A feather. 

Also just for laughs mascot, nice!

On 4/22/2024 at 10:59 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Momma!! It`s over!!

grandma GIF

Still a wolf apparently 

On 4/23/2024 at 1:59 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Momma!! It`s over!!

grandma GIF

1. First off it's a Canadian rivalry so we are cheering against them, secondly the worse they do the higher we pick so I hope they get swept. 

2. Philadelphia Flyers cuz they shit the bed the last couple weeks of the season.

3. No I could care less now, actually I guess I am interested to see Calgary lose. Oh and Moscow also. 

4. Whoever has more tpe or the position we need more, you both better end up in Vancouver so make it happen! 

5. I will never forgive you for putting that image in my head. Would look real bad and No. 

6.  An elevator. 

On 4/22/2024 at 10:59 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1. It's not typically good form to cheer for someone else's misery... But in this case I make an exception.

2. I'd say Pittsburgh they really blew it but then again near the end of the year it seemed like all the wild card fighting teams seemed like they didn't want to win.

3. Of course following the league and seeing which teams I'm going to be up against next season is exciting.

4. Everyone loves a good center so I say it's @Gaikoku-hitos player

5. People should wear whatever they feel like... As long as it is within the law of course.

6. You can lift someones spirits however you cannot physically throw them. Unless in that case you're referring to alcohol.

1.     Vancouver Wolves hold the Calgary Wranglers 1st overall selection in this season draft, so are we cheering for Calgary or are we cheering against them?

Against them byt I do think they deserved a better fate. They had a stronger team than Chicago imo.

2.     Chicago Phoenix are three points back of the final wildcard and lost five straight games; Which NHL team does this remind you the most of during the final weeks of the regular season and why? (Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh or Washington)

Washington. Probably the weakest playoff team but they were just able to squeak in. Now we'll battle them this off-season to improve our team.

i'm interested in seeing Jameson and Prague do well. As well as seeing Seattle eliminated after loading up. 

PEM gets drafted first I feel like Soju is too far behind in tpe so teams take the safers bets and hope the goalie is there later in the 1st.

my eyes just left my head and my brain melted. This question makes me think a Canucks media member made it. 

6.     Riddle: What can be lifted but not throw?

i'm going to go with the Stanley Cup. Cause if you're caught throwing that look out!

Happy Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Season Ending Awards

Every season at the end of a season we look back and wonder what could have been but also a time to look back and say wow, we had some great performances this season to be proud of. It is no difference this season as Vancouver Wolve are set to handout some much deserved awards later tonight (already written btw) So, have your say before the awards are officially handed out and generally pat each other on the back for a good season while thinking what we can do better next season!! Either way……Answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     Who do you think was the team MVP this season? Why?

2.     Unsung hero is such a hard award to hand out so why don`t you tell me who you think our unsung hero was this season and why?

3.     With seven rookies on the team it made it feel more like a episode of survivor when trying to determine who the ROY should be for the Wolves; Who do you think is this season ROY? Why?

4.     Three Stars award is always interesting so without looking at the awards, who do you think won the 3 Stars award this season and why? (it might surprise you)

5.     Clearly Liv Slater is going to win a few awards tonight so which awards do you think she took home?

6.     Looking ahead to next season, What do you think the team needs to make the playoff next season?

New Season Please!!

Do Something Waiting GIF by Travis

@okochastar@Frank@Gaikoku-hito@Scurvy@Minebro@Smarch@GoalPlays@Sullvino@Subject056@Dom@wcats@Girts@KaleebtheMighty@Trepagoat@Demko@Noodle Enjoyer

1. Liv Slater for sure 

2. Kaleeb for sure.   He worked his ass off in net.   

3. Guntis.   Played a heavy game with little fanfare.   

4. Liv Slater

5. Jake Wylde

6. need players to keep

earning and we will be unstoppable 

15 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Season Ending Awards

Every season at the end of a season we look back and wonder what could have been but also a time to look back and say wow, we had some great performances this season to be proud of. It is no difference this season as Vancouver Wolve are set to handout some much deserved awards later tonight (already written btw) So, have your say before the awards are officially handed out and generally pat each other on the back for a good season while thinking what we can do better next season!! Either way……Answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

2.     Unsung hero is such a hard award to hand out so why don`t you tell me who you think our unsung hero was this season and why?

3.     With seven rookies on the team it made it feel more like a episode of survivor when trying to determine who the ROY should be for the Wolves; Who do you think is this season ROY? Why?

4.     Three Stars award is always interesting so without looking at the awards, who do you think won the 3 Stars award this season and why? (it might surprise you)

5.     Clearly Liv Slater is going to win a few awards tonight so which awards do you think she took home?

6.     Looking ahead to next season, What do you think the team needs to make the playoff next season?

New Season Please!!

@okochastar@Frank@Gaikoku-hito@Scurvy@Minebro@Smarch@GoalPlays@Sullvino@Subject056@Dom@wcats@Girts@KaleebtheMighty@Trepagoat@Demko@Noodle Enjoyer

1. Liv Slater. Another great year from the blueline.

2. The fans, for showing up in another non-playoff year. 

3. Ninefingers. Lead the team in rookie points after a slower start. Really took off in the second half of the season.

4. Ninefingers. Lots of GWG goals and multi point nights. 

5. Jake Wylde Trophy. 

6. I mean we better make the playoffs with the current roster and hopefully off-season pick ups that should be coming our way. It would be a major disappointment to miss the playoffs next year

15 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

I'm sneaking in for the press conference!

1. I'm going to go with Liv Slater. They were a very solid defenseman and led the team in points, plus almost dropped 30 goals.

2. I think the unsung hero for the Wolves was Dalkr Vidarsson. He didn't have too much help, but still found a way to put up a .913 and a 3.08. 

3. I'm going with Logan Ninefingers. They had 63 points in 72 games played, including a 30 goal season in their rookie season, which is very impressive.

4. I'll go with Liv Slater. I think they were the best player on the team and deserve the award.

5. I'm going to say the Jake Wylde Trophy.

6. I think just continue to build on the young core and supplement the pieces. If they do that, they could make it into the playoffs.

Thanks!

21 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Season Ending Awards

New Season Please!!

1. Liv Slater, put up another huge year in all categories and was our best player. 

2. Would have to say our goalie Vidarsson, faced a ton of rubber, kept us in a lot of games and didn't always get the most help in front of him. 

3. Logan Ninefingers would be my pick, got hot and ended with a lot of points and tons of hits. Absolute beast. 

4. Assuming this is players with the most appearances in the 3 stars, I would say Slater, Ninefingers and Martin. 

5. MVP for sure and top dman, then probably some others as well

6. We need our young D to continue to improve in the defensive zone and maybe add a couple high end forwards, then stick with it for longer before becoming sellers.