Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

2 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

come on chunk GIF

LA Domination                       

With four games against LA Star already completed and so far, we have gone 0-4 against them. Does make them the favorites now for the North American Conference. How is the locker room viewing our current start to the regular season and who is happy with their individual start? These questions and more in this week’s Press Conference. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

Q: Can we actually beat LA Stars this season? We have two more games later this week against them so we will find out sooner than later.

Q: Current record just below 0.500 has Vancouver 5th in the North American Conference; What do you think of the teams start so far to the season?

Q: Individually, how has your season started and where would you like your season to progress from here?

Q: Brain Payne @Scurvy and Hockley Mann @Sen are leading the team in scoring with 20pts; who do you think will be leading the team in scoring by the end of the week?

Q: Girts Galvins @Girts is a bonified 30 goal scorer but it took him fourteen games to score a single goal this season. Is he going to break-out now and how many goals will he have by the end of the season?

Q: Vancouver Wolves currently have the 4th worst Goals Against in the League or 2nd worst in the North American Conference. What can be done to improve our goals against?

@Frank@Sen@JB123@Girts@dogwoodmaple@STZ@VattghernCZ@Gaikoku-hito@Scurvy@Subject056@CODENAMEJIMMY@Tate@cl4rk

Feeling Old Season 8 GIF by The Simpsons

Ah, Shit another slow start!!

1. Hell yeah we can! We're Vancouver for crying out loud, yes we VAN!
2. Bad luck, but with one of the best teams in the league I expect we'll be back at the top in no time
3. I want all the assists in the league baby, shower me with over 100. It's started out really promising (nearly half of my points in my first 2  seasons, in this season already)
4.  I'm really biased here, but Hockley Mann. He has all the skills required to be among the best in the league.
5. Put mann on his line, and you'll see him break out almost instantly.
6. We need to get better, which we already are, so I don't see this slowing us down for too long.

4 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

come on chunk GIF

LA Domination                       

With four games against LA Star already completed and so far, we have gone 0-4 against them. Does make them the favorites now for the North American Conference. How is the locker room viewing our current start to the regular season and who is happy with their individual start? These questions and more in this week’s Press Conference. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

Q: Can we actually beat LA Stars this season? We have two more games later this week against them so we will find out sooner than later.

Q: Current record just below 0.500 has Vancouver 5th in the North American Conference; What do you think of the teams start so far to the season?

Q: Individually, how has your season started and where would you like your season to progress from here?

Q: Brain Payne @Scurvy and Hockley Mann @Sen are leading the team in scoring with 20pts; who do you think will be leading the team in scoring by the end of the week?

Q: Girts Galvins @Girts is a bonified 30 goal scorer but it took him fourteen games to score a single goal this season. Is he going to break-out now and how many goals will he have by the end of the season?

Q: Vancouver Wolves currently have the 4th worst Goals Against in the League or 2nd worst in the North American Conference. What can be done to improve our goals against?

@Frank@Sen@JB123@Girts@dogwoodmaple@STZ@VattghernCZ@Gaikoku-hito@Scurvy@Subject056@CODENAMEJIMMY@Tate@cl4rk

1. Yes we can beat them and we will beat them. I mean we can't lose them all.. or can we..? 

2. I think we are finding our way and have been hot and cold. With some new faces in town it will take a bit to find the right system etc, but we are getting there. 

3. I've been terrible so far, not scoring goals and only the occasional assist. I think if I can start scoring we will win more games. 

4. I always bet on my man Brian Payne, he's having a huge season so he is my choice. 

5. I know! It's been brutal but ol Girts has been working hard to break out so that 1st goal feels great. I think even with this slow start I can hit 30+ goals, especially on a line with Dogwood. 

6. I don't know but seems like our D are our best scorers so far, which is cool and all, but if our fwds can start scoring more and allow our D to focus on D then our goals against numbers should hopefully come down. 

1.  The Stars have our number for sure so far. However, we started slow last season too and picked up the team defense so I expect more of the same.

2.  We have shown brief glimpses of stardom and then we fall apart.  Granted we have played some tough teams so I chalk it up to competition and early season jitters

3.  Payne is doing ok scoring wise, but team is paying him for defense so he needs to pick that department up

4.  Hockley Mann will break out to lead team.  Kerr will be in #2 spot

5. Hey will have 30 by end of season

6. Not sure, I think a few bounces either way and were back to where we need to be defensively.  Had a hard run of good clubs so I am sure it will even out

16 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

come on chunk GIF

LA Domination                       

1. Sure, we can beat anyone. If Simon allows that. I don't really think they're a superior team to us.

2. We've got a few players shooting at career low shooting percentage. I think we're playing well, as a team we could have scored 10 more goals with just average puck luck. It's gonna turn, I wouldn't be concerned that much. It's still too early.

3. Kerr is one of the players shooting with career low efficiency, a few more goals would be nice. I'm surprised by the amount of assists, and I'm really happy with the physicality, leading our forwards in hits and blocks. Maybe a few less PIMs would be nice as well 

4. That's tough, initially I'd like to say Mann because he's a forward, but damn, Payne is a beast. You know what? I'll be cocky and say it's gonnd be Kerr.

5. I think we can count on 30. He's been even more snakebitten than Kerr, he's gonna break that any minute Now.

6. Fuhr has been solid as usually, we're just allowing too many shots. We need to pressure the opposing puck carriers and force turnovers. Also being a bit more disciplined would help.

Week Two of the Season,

Dc Comics School GIF by Morphin

back-to-school (work) and looking forward…..

Here we are a nice bright hot; very hot day and it makes you really doubt that fall is around the corner. Labor Day long weekend is ending in Canada and the kids have the bags packed ready for school. Yada!! I know I am back to work as I actually write this so more regular scheduled Press Conferences? We will see. Other than being back at school; it rather doesn`t feel like fall yet in Japan and that is making hard to actually want to go back. Well, I guess I should actually talk VHL stuff so we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

Q: Seen a Media article the other day about Captains and their fantasy predictions; where the majority didn`t pick their own team to win the Cup. Do you think a Captain should always back his team to win the Championship at all costs?

Q: The VHL schedule (has in my opinion) been a complete mess with teams playing certain teams a lot. Do you like playing a team a lot in a short period of time or would you rather a more balanced schedule?

Q: The schedule also has Vancouver Wolves playing Helsinki four straight games later in the season. Do you think you are going to be sick of playing them or excited? Why?

Q: Brain Payne continue to have a hot hand but I was surprised he doesn`t lead the league; do you think his hot start continues and do you think he can lead the league at any point during the season?

Q: Does it really matter what line you play on when your team is winning? What line do you want to play on and why?

Q: What is the best part of the fall (Autumn) season? Why?

Yeah, Back to School

The Joker Film GIF

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

2 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Week Two of the Season,

Here we are a nice bright hot; very hot day and it makes you really doubt that fall is around the corner. Labor Day long weekend is ending in Canada and the kids have the bags packed ready for school. Yada!! I know I am back to work as I actually write this so more regular scheduled Press Conferences? We will see. Other than being back at school; it rather doesn`t feel like fall yet in Japan and that is making hard to actually want to go back. Well, I guess I should actually talk VHL stuff so we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

Q: Seen a Media article the other day about Captains and their fantasy predictions; where the majority didn`t pick their own team to win the Cup. Do you think a Captain should always back his team to win the Championship at all costs?

Q: The VHL schedule (has in my opinion) been a complete mess with teams playing certain teams a lot. Do you like playing a team a lot in a short period of time or would you rather a more balanced schedule?

Q: The schedule also has Vancouver Wolves playing Helsinki four straight games later in the season. Do you think you are going to be sick of playing them or excited? Why?

Q: Brain Payne continue to have a hot hand but I was surprised he doesn`t lead the league; do you think his hot start continues and do you think he can lead the league at any point during the season?

Q: Does it really matter what line you play on when your team is winning? What line do you want to play on and why?

Yeah, Back to School

The Joker Film GIF

1. if they dont want to win with their team why are they even captain? they should always pick their team to win
2. bring on the pain, it allows for more fun and less travel accidents to happen
3. well i dont like having to play my former team 4x, i do think we should be excited though as they aren't known as a good team
4. yes, sim leagues always have surprises so it shouldn't be a surprise
5. 1st line with dogwood maple so he can get goals and i can get assists
6. the colder weather, but not too cold, its a nice break from the scorching heat

1.   Well I think a captain is not the GM and while I always want my club to win.  If I was Captain of Warsaw or NY now I wouldn’t pick them to win. 

2. I’d rather have a balanced schedule.  Although it might be easier to plan back up games for goalie 

3. excited.  I want 4 straight wins!

4.  I am happy with the hot hand and I wish it would happen for 72 games but I’m a realist. Don’t think I’ll lead league ever but happy just to win. 

5. No not to me.  Winning is the fun part.  I’d love to play on a D pairing with Bouchard all season. We’d light it up!

6. The end of the miserable heat.  Fall is my fav time of year. I 

I can't criticize it since I'd have to believe most picked other teams so they wouldn't jinx their own.

It's definitely strange this season. I prefer a more balanced schedule since it gives a better udea of a team's progression. 

Excited if we win but sick if we lose. Isn't that always the way though? We've been pretty inconsistent so hopefully we find sone stability in our gane when that part of the schedule cones up.

He leads tte league now. I hope Payne and/or Bouchard can take home some hardware this season. 

No if the team is winning it's all good. If you want to get the personal stats you gotta earn as much as you can to out perform your linemates. Akso playing tine always seems to be within 1-3 minutes so playing time is overrated in my opinion. 

Q: What is the best part of the fall (Autumn) season? Why?

Pumpkin spi... Nah new horror movies, but watchable ones not regurgitated crap from hollywood.

5 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Week Two of the Season,

Yeah, Back to School

The Joker Film GIF

1. As a captain, you need to strive to be the best you can for others to follow. And earning more to make your player better is more valuable to the team than supporting it in fantasy, imo.

2. While this schedule is great for creating short-term rivalries, I'd prefer more balanced schedule. You have to hate your team going cold before a stretch of games against a lesser opponent they should defeat, these points are hard to get back later.

3. Two teams that are strong on the paper - though we are stronger, obviously - but are struggling in the standings, it's gonna be a bloodbath. We're gonna hate it. So will they.

4. It's hard for a D-man to lead league in scoring, but he's leading all defensemen right now, and is in the top 10 in hits. What a menace. I can't see him slowing down.

5. Nah. If you want to be the team's superstar, sign with a rebuilding team. This is about winning. I love the idea of my player being an unsung hero on the second line, the Hischier to your Hughes, the Tavares to your Matthews, the Eriksson Ek to your...well the Wild don't have a no.1 center.

6. Everything! The weather. The atmosphere brought by the long evenings and the colors of the nature. It's the best time of year for fishing and riding a bike. Kids go back to school and the typical tourist-ey places aren't crowded anymore. My favorite music hits different in Autumn. The NHL season starts!

On 9/3/2023 at 9:22 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Week Two of the Season,

Yeah, Back to School

The Joker Film GIF

1. I think it's superstitious not pick your own team and jinx yourself, at least for me, so I don't mind captains not picking their team to win it all. We know deep down they think they can win. 

2. I don't mind playing the same team a lot, especially if it's a rival. 

3. I don't mind playing Helsinki, they have nice uniforms and I like to score on their goalie. 

4. Brian Payne is a goddamn beast and he should lead the league in everything and win every award. 

5. As long as we are winning it doesn't matter, but of course everyone wants to play on a good line, but with only 6 forwards it doesn't really matter because everyone gets tons of ice. 

6. NHL hockey season starting of course! 

I skipped this one last week so here we are. They've had the better of us this season so far but I feel like they're punching above their weight and the playoffs will bring them back to earth.

Q: Current record just below 0.500 has Vancouver 5th in the North American Conference; What do you think of the teams start so far to the season?

We started slow but at the time of writing this 9 straight wins.  But were all waiting for the playoffs.

Slow just live our team's start but from experience that means very little. Again at the time of writing this that holds true 

Q: Brain Payne @Scurvy and Hockley Mann @Sen are leading the team in scoring with 20pts; who do you think will be leading the team in scoring by the end of the week?

Payne. Hindsight is 20/20 but so far he's been the teams MVP. I expect Bouchard will push him in the 2nd half.

Q: Girts Galvins @Girts is a bonified 30 goal scorer but it took him fourteen games to score a single goal this season. Is he going to break-out now and how many goals will he have by the end of the season?

Simon had a vendetta against him at the start but since being paired with Maple and Oreo he's been lights out. Looking forward to what his has in store for the 2nd half. 

Q: Vancouver Wolves currently have the 4th worst Goals Against in the League or 2nd worst in the North American Conference. What can be done to improve our goals against?

After the most recent line changes we've been a much better two way team. Our offense has dipped a bit but our tean gane has been where it needs to be. Did I mention 9 game win streak already?

dc comics batman GIF by Fox TV

Halfway through the Season? What?

As always, the long wait for the season makes the season seem like it flies by and it really has; hasn`t it? With half of the regular season already done how is everyone feeling about Vancouver Wolves chances at Victory Cup and winning everything this season. What about season awards? What the heck am I going to ask you this week?

Q: Who is currently our top defenseman this season? Why?

Q: Unsung hero is always a tough one to call so who in your opinion has been the most unsung so far this season? Why?

Q: Who do you think has been the most energetic this season so far?

Q: Mid-season MVP is who? Why?

Q: Oh, Trade deadline as well!! Do you think Vancouver Wolves need to make any trades to improve the roster or should we be happy with the team as we stand?

Q: Trade deadline means Theme week as well, since I just got pinged!! What would you like to see the league try for a Theme week? why?

So, weeks these are hard to come by but in the middle of the season they simple written themselves and I could still ask another twenty questions but I guess I can save them for next week; like I will remember!! LOL!!

john cleese aliens GIF

27 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

As always, the long wait for the season makes the season seem like it flies by and it really has; hasn`t it? With half of the regular season already done how is everyone feeling about Vancouver Wolves chances at Victory Cup and winning everything this season. What about season awards? What the heck am I going to ask you this week?

Q: Unsung hero is always a tough one to call so who in your opinion has been the most unsung so far this season? Why?

Q: Oh, Trade deadline as well!! Do you think Vancouver Wolves need to make any trades to improve the roster or should we be happy with the team as we stand?

Q: Trade deadline means Theme week as well, since I just got pinged!! What would you like to see the league try for a Theme week? why?

So, weeks these are hard to come by but in the middle of the season they simple written themselves and I could still ask another twenty questions but I guess I can save them for next week; like I will remember!! LOL!!

john cleese aliens GIF

1. Brian Payne. What a season he's having. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he scored triple digits. And he's doing that on top of being arguably the defensively strongest player on out team.

2. A few days ago I was looking through some stats, and it surprised me Sigma Freud was second on the team in +/- and shot blocks. He's silently been a huge reason why we are (or were when I was looking at stats) a top-5 team in fewest goals against.

3. Subject056 has been an awesome addition to the LR. I can see her claiming this trophy in her first season as a Wolf, and I'm sure some on-ice awards for Liv will come rather sooner than later 

4. Payne. Leading the team in scoring, while as I've said being the best defensive D-man, and also the toughest player...Payne is the S90 Wolves.

5. I could potentially see us making a move for a rental winger. Just because Simon doesn't seem to really like our offense at times, even though it looks great on paper.

6. I've already read what it is so... Interesting theme indeed. Honestly, I'm happy I'm not the one who has to come up with these ideas, I'd suck in it. That's my question.

1. Hmmmm.... Brian Kowalski and Sakamoto are both off to a great start.  Im hoping Payne and PEB end up at top of list by end of season.

2.   Sigma Freud probably and Girts Galvins.  Galvins quietly dominates

3.  Subject056.  Very active in LR which I love

4. Wann Kerr.. Scores, assists, and hits.  What more can a team want

5.  Tough call.  I like our club but a depth winger might help

6.  Enforcer tribute theme week i guess.  

6 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

john cleese aliens GIF

1. Pierre, he's our highest TPE defense man and is regularly performing well
2. Hockley Mann, despite not being 1st line, he's averaging over 1 point a game.
3. Our very own @Gaikoku-hitowith all these press conferences
4. Dogwood Maple, he's the one whos converting on all these goals
5. The team is good to win, we just have bad luck, maybe 1 or 2 players can improve us
6. Other sim league theme week, gotta spread love to other sim leagues you know?

On 9/11/2023 at 8:34 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

john cleese aliens GIF

1. We have great defenseman but hard to argue Brian Payne is leading the way this season, he's a beast and has a lot of goals. 

2. I'm going to say Oreo Mcflurry because as a milkshake he doesn't ever get enough credit as a hockey player. 

3. Gotta say Girts Galvins, guy is a huge talker and motivator in the locker room. 

4. Going to go with Payne again here, guys just bring it this season also I'm a huge fan of his game. 

5. Not my area of expertise but I think we're playing great lately so maybe just let it roll and hope we get the good juju in the playoffs.

6. Yes just did my theme week gfx, I'd like to see a theme week based around pranking your teammates. 

homer simpson episode 6 GIF

Retirement day

and

Final Week of the Season

Every season it seems like we are saying good bye to some of the best players from the Vancouver Wolves roster and this season is no difference with Hockley Mann @Sen, Girts Galvins @Girts and Brian Payne @Scurvy all set to retire at the end of the season. While we mourn their loses, we start to remember that we have them apart of the roster until at least the end of the play-offs so we need to do our best to get the most out of their old bodies before they actually hang them up for good. Not sure where I am heading with this so, answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

Q: Are there any kind words you would like to say to any or all of the retiring players? Let’s` hear your thoughts!!

Q: Twenty games or so remaining in the regular season and it looks like we are bound for a Wildcard spot. Do this concern you or are you simply happy to make the play-offs and then let the dice roll?

Q: We seemed destined to play the Seattle Bears in the Wildcard series once again and they have added at the trade deadline? Are you concerned about possible playing another series against the Bears?

Q: Any surprise retirements that I might have missed and should be aware of?

Q: Vancouver Wolves management didn`t add at the trade deadline. How do you take this? Bums could even pull of a trade or Vote of confidence?

Q: If I am correct this was one of the worst trade deadlines in the history of all Hockey with three trades. From the three trades, who do you think improved the most?  

Bonus: Is there any job in the VHL that you would like to have? Why?

My day is coming too…….

Aging Old Man GIF by A&E

5 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Retirement day

and

Final Week of the Season

Every season it seems like we are saying good bye to some of the best players from the Vancouver Wolves roster and this season is no difference with Hockley Mann @Sen, Girts Galvins @Girts and Brian Payne @Scurvy all set to retire at the end of the season. While we mourn their loses, we start to remember that we have them apart of the roster until at least the end of the play-offs so we need to do our best to get the most out of their old bodies before they actually hang them up for good. Not sure where I am heading with this so, answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

Q: Are there any kind words you would like to say to any or all of the retiring players? Let’s` hear your thoughts!!

Q: Twenty games or so remaining in the regular season and it looks like we are bound for a Wildcard spot. Do this concern you or are you simply happy to make the play-offs and then let the dice roll?

Q: We seemed destined to play the Seattle Bears in the Wildcard series once again and they have added at the trade deadline? Are you concerned about possible playing another series against the Bears?

Q: Vancouver Wolves management didn`t add at the trade deadline. How do you take this? Bums could even pull of a trade or Vote of confidence?

Q: If I am correct this was one of the worst trade deadlines in the history of all Hockey with three trades. From the three trades, who do you think improved the most?  

My day is coming too…….

Aging Old Man GIF by A&E

1. To my fellow retirees, the nursing home drinks will be on me!
2. I feel like we can easily make the playoffs, and possibly contend for the #1 spot, but we should be happy to make it in.
3. No, I always thought that wolves, being more agile and fast, are better than bears, being slow and clumsy
4. Im not aware of 99% of users in this leauge, so I wouldn't know
5. This just proves that the players currently on the team are getting work done, with Mann even getting a career high in assists this season.
6. No idea, but whatever team barely gave up anything, thats the team that won.

On 9/19/2023 at 7:47 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Retirement day

and

Final Week of the Season

My day is coming too…….

Aging Old Man GIF by A&E

1. I feel like we've been saying goodbye to too many great players lately. So fellas, play like it's your last playoff push and your last playoffs, 'cause it f#cken is!

2. I don't like giving our 1st round opponents free days to rest, I'd prefer us being in that position.

3. Good. I've been waiting for our revenge. Not concerned at all!

4. I've heard Brian Payne is retiring, I don't know if you noticed the rumors about that.

5. I didn't really expect any trades to be honest, we don't really have much trade capital, and the current roster looks pretty much set for the postseason 

6. In the long term, I hate to say it but Seattle. Babay Shrimp can be a core piece for them for years to come.

Bonus: as a Czech, I think it would be fun to have a management position in Phantoms.

On 9/19/2023 at 1:47 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Retirement day

and

Final Week of the Season

My day is coming too…….

Aging Old Man GIF by A&E

1. Great careers for all the retirees! I've played a long time with Brian Payne and he's amazing, glad I got a chance to play with Hockley Mann in my final season, also an outstanding player. 

2. Wild card spot is the place to be, no pressure and can get lucky in playoffs against a top seeded team. We're in good shape. 

3. The Bears do not concern me, we are the superior team and will send them into hibernation. 

4. Not sure, I probably missed more than you did

5. I think they made the right call, team has been hot for a while now and sometimes adding to it can screw things up. We roll!

6. I have no idea what trades happened but 3 seems low. I'd have to say we improved the most because we didn't trade and a lot others apparently didn't trade either. 

VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.2df09baf2d696c941fc24ab087cbcf92.jpg

End of Season & Play-offs

Here we are after a great season looking down the final stretch and wondering if we can make that final push to win the race. We push harder and harder but …… What the heck am I writing? End of season means my favorite time of year is just around the corner .. yup, Christmas!! No, I mean playoffs. As of right now we are battling to stay out of the wildcard round but do we really want to? Answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     Where do you hope we finish in the final standings? We could I think finish as high as second in the conference and as low as fourth; do it even matter?

2.     Would you want to play the Bears in the wildcard series or avoid the wildcard series? Why?

3.     We will most likely play D.C. Dragons or the Seattle Bears in the first round; Do you have a preference? Why?

4.     Overall. How do you feel heading into the playoff about the team and yourself as player?

5.     Wann Kerr @VattghernCZ currently leads the team points. Do you think he will still be our top point getter by the end of the season? If not who?

6.     Riddle: The person who makes it has no need of it; the person who buys it has no use for it. The person who uses it can neither see nor feel it. What is it?

Pump It Up Dance GIF by The Masked Singer UK & The Masked Dancer UK

Excitement is building

as it is time for playoff hockey!!

19 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Here we are after a great season looking down the final stretch and wondering if we can make that final push to win the race. We push harder and harder but …… What the heck am I writing? End of season means my favorite time of year is just around the corner .. yup, Christmas!! No, I mean playoffs. As of right now we are battling to stay out of the wildcard round but do we really want to? Answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     Where do you hope we finish in the final standings? We could I think finish as high as second in the conference and as low as fourth; do it even matter?

2.     Would you want to play the Bears in the wildcard series or avoid the wildcard series? Why?

3.     We will most likely play D.C. Dragons or the Seattle Bears in the first round; Do you have a preference? Why?

4.     Overall. How do you feel heading into the playoff about the team and yourself as player?

5.     Wann Kerr @VattghernCZ currently leads the team points. Do you think he will still be our top point getter by the end of the season? If not who?

6.     Riddle: The person who makes it has no need of it; the person who buys it has no use for it. The person who uses it can neither see nor feel it. What is it?

Excitement is building

1. We're playing great, as long as we finish ahead of LA I don't care. I think realistically we will finish 3rd and ahead of LA. 

2. We can beat anyone, bring em on. Wild card or round one or whenever we play seattle we will beat them. 

3. No preference, we will destroy either DC or Seattle. 

4. I feel pretty good overall, the team has had some great runs lately and have passed LA for 3rd and my player is kind of on a hot streak, finally scoring at a good rate. 

5. Wann Kerr has been on fire since playing with Girts. I think he could take it but Payne may surge again. 

6. crypto currency

On 9/27/2023 at 2:01 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Excitement is building

1. I was hoping we would avoid the wild card and could have a few days of rest to take care of some pains and bruises, but Simon decided otherwise. Well what can you do.

2. I wanted to avoid it, I wanted to beat the Bears in the 1st round. This is gonna be series the fans will love.

3. Well, now we know we won't play the Bears in the 1st. Beating the Bears in wild card round will get us so pumped up it doesn't matter who we'll face next. We can beat them.

4. I like our chances. Last season, we got to the finals, why not do it again. Sure, we lost Pearce and Eagles, but Girts and Mann have been cash money, and many of our players have taken another step in their development. I'm confident in our team, and hopefully Kerr can once again play a big part in it.

5. Can't catch the Wanker! No, seriously, I was hoping Payne would get his lead back, it's always cool to see a D-man leading a team in points. And it would be a perfect cherry on top of his illustrous career. At least he re-claimed the team lead in hits.

6. I've heard that one! Would you believe that as an edgy teen, I made one and was using it as a coffee table in my bedroom for some time?

heath ledger joker GIF

Wildcard Series & First Round

Here we are a day or two after a wildcard series and we will march on towards one of the best teams in the league in the Toronto Legion so let quickly review the series and look ahead to the next round. Answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     After reading an article by one of your players managers about how we have lost five of the past six series against Seattle Bears; were you confident that we were going to make it 2-7 or were you concerned that Seattle might once again upset us?

2.     Oreo McFleury led the team in the first round with amazing 4 goals and 4 assist in only four games; Do you think he will continue to led the team against Toronto and do you think he will continue the current scoring pace?

3.     Pierre Emile Bouchard finished with the highest shooting percentage in the first round with an amazing 25%; Do you think he should shoot more or will that bring down this shooting percentage?

4.     Brandt Fuhr numbers in the first round were rather unimpressive with an 3.50 GAA and 0.892 sav%. Are you concerned by his current play or was it simple a reflection of the team play?

5.     What do you think will be the keys to success for the Vancouver Wolves to beat the Toronto Legion in the next round of the playoffs?

6.     VSN has voted against us against Toronto so do you think that makes us the under-wolves and do you agree with their assessment of how the series might play out?

Happy Pump It GIF by Eledraws (Eleonore Bem)