Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

slim shady eminem GIF

Draft, Off-season Tournaments & Controversy!!

Wow, The VHL draft and the lesser VHLE draft took place almost a full week ago and this lazy off-season AGM has finally decided to ask you for some of your thoughts around the draft. WJC is also kicking off with a few prospects taking part, ProAM is wrapping up or wrapped and the JST was …… We continue to wait for the season but that should start next week; maybe? Answer three questions for one TPE or all six questions for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     Did you actively take part in watching this season VHL draft? And what did you think about the two players that Vancouver selected?

2.     Broadcaster mentioned Goaltending controversy likely coming to the Vancouver Wolves due to our second pick of Soju; Do think this will be the situations? Why or Why not?

3.     Broadcaster also mentioned this AGM being disappointed or should be put out when his player was selected 3rd overall since he bleeds black & grey of the Wolves? Do you think this is situation that this AGM is disappointed and should managers be disappointed when they are drafted to a different team than the team that they are managing?

4.     Did anyone actively take part in the ProAM tournament or even know it was happening? What is a better way to make this tournament more engaging?

5.     JST is another interesting tournament that took place as it does most off-season and while I feel like it is a good idea to have a tournament to keep interest in new members higher, It feels like it is starting to fall flat. How would try to bring interest back into the JST tournament and what would you change?

6.     WJC championship should have kicked off by now so are you actively following the tournament or any of the prospects in the tournament? Which team in any or which prospect if any?

7.     Bonus: Since I am being lazy this week, tell me what would be a great article for the VSN to cover during the off-season Or an article that might be interesting topic to cover in the future? Why?

Come on Regular season....

On My Way Roadtrip GIF by Gone to the Snow Dogs

@OrbitingDeath @Noodle Enjoyer@Scurvy@traphag@Smarch@ScottyP@Subject056@Girts@okochastar@Beketov@Frank@Gaikoku-hito@KaleebtheMighty@Thunder@Trepagoat@Demko@ethan tustain

1. I wouldn't even know where to watch the draft but I absolutely love the two players we selected! Bollos and Frank's one name goalie are both going to be superstars in the future. We killed it as usual!

2. No not at all, we have a great goalie right now as we try and win the cup then down the road Soju can take over. Should work out well. 

3. Yes I think you should be disappointed but there's nothing you can do because you are too good and rightfully went early. That said I expect you will come here in free agency the first chance you get so should work out well for everyone except the team that drafted you. 

4. I have no idea what that even is, never heard of it, but let me know if Guntis was involved in it plz! lol

5. Again, no idea what this is never heard of it. What I would change is making sure people like me know about it. 

6. This is a tourney I know about because I was in it! No I don't follow it anymore tho, but hope our prospects do well if they are in it. 

7. You do a great job with VSN articles so follow your gut, but maybe top 10 power forwards in the league right now. 

Edited by Girts

On 5/24/2024 at 3:50 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

slim shady eminem GIF

Wow, The VHL draft and the lesser VHLE draft took place almost a full week ago and this lazy off-season AGM has finally decided to ask you for some of your thoughts around the draft. WJC is also kicking off with a few prospects taking part, ProAM is wrapping up or wrapped and the JST was …… We continue to wait for the season but that should start next week; maybe? Answer three questions for one TPE or all six questions for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     Did you actively take part in watching this season VHL draft? And what did you think about the two players that Vancouver selected?

2.     Broadcaster mentioned Goaltending controversy likely coming to the Vancouver Wolves due to our second pick of Soju; Do think this will be the situations? Why or Why not?

3.     Broadcaster also mentioned this AGM being disappointed or should be put out when his player was selected 3rd overall since he bleeds black & grey of the Wolves? Do you think this is situation that this AGM is disappointed and should managers be disappointed when they are drafted to a different team than the team that they are managing?

4.     Did anyone actively take part in the ProAM tournament or even know it was happening? What is a better way to make this tournament more engaging?

5.     JST is another interesting tournament that took place as it does most off-season and while I feel like it is a good idea to have a tournament to keep interest in new members higher, It feels like it is starting to fall flat. How would try to bring interest back into the JST tournament and what would you change?

6.     WJC championship should have kicked off by now so are you actively following the tournament or any of the prospects in the tournament? Which team in any or which prospect if any?

7.     Bonus: Since I am being lazy this week, tell me what would be a great article for the VSN to cover during the off-season Or an article that might be interesting topic to cover in the future? Why?

@OrbitingDeath @Noodle Enjoyer@Scurvy@traphag@Smarch@ScottyP@Subject056@Girts@okochastar@Beketov@Frank@Gaikoku-hito@KaleebtheMighty@Thunder@Trepagoat@Demko@ethan tustain

1. I had it on in the background but had family over so I wasn't really able to pay full attention to the whole draft. Excited about our picks and looking forward to seeing them in action.

2. Nah I think the controversy comment will blow over and it'll work out.

3. Would have been fun to get P, but I don't see the AGM getting disappointed. It is always fun to have your actual player on a different team and keeps things interesting.

4. I missed signing up for it this season. Got a lot happening in the real world so I didn't realize I missed it until Triller asked if I signed up lol. I'm not sure what else we could do to boost sign ups for ProAM other than maybe on our socials promote it for the offseason. I think the GMs and AGMs plus vet players do a great job of promoting it on the forums and discord channels.

5. I'm stumped for this one! Maybe promote it on socials? Otherwise I don't know what else could be done to bring more pull into it.

6. Too much happening in real life at the moment that I didn't follow the WJC as well this time around :( . 

7. Hmm. Maybe a history of the VSN or VHL for the newer members or mid level members who don't know how it came to be and why people keep coming back. 

Or behind the scenes of the VHL: What does the shadowy BOG do, AGM/GM insider news, what is it like being a commish, AGM/GM drafting info, etc...

On 5/24/2024 at 3:50 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1. No I wasn't able to watch it live, I think adding a defenseman was really good, don't know about this goalie though.

2. I think once Soju's rookie contract is up one of the two will be traded.

3. I think he's okay with playing elsewhere otherwise he likely would've tanked his interviews better.

4. I took part in it, and it was wild I fought in almost every game and I think in the first game I played in we won 13-9 and all 9 goals for the other team were scored by one player.

5. I don't know maybe find some way to include aggregate scoring in the playoffs.

6. I'm playing for team Europe We have a few members who will be involved so I'll enjoy seeing how we all do.

On 5/24/2024 at 5:50 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

slim shady eminem GIF

1). Well I had to, I was in the Malmo camp 😅. Bollos de Trueno is a great pickup! Soju was an interesting one at first. I was a bit perplexed, however I noticed the steep drop off after Soju when it came to goalies in this draft. I bet Frank's looking to get a higher price for his goalie with a different team to bring in some more capital. Good move!

2). I hope not! But as I stated above, I can see one reasoning behind this pick. If anything, Vidarsson has a NTC for the next 4 or so seasons which leads me to my conclusion in the first question.

3). The best way about this is to enter with an open mind. Great people exist on all teams, so limiting yourself to only 1 or 2 teams tends to spell problems. It stinks, don't get me wrong, but going into a draft with no expectations and a happy smile wherever you go is the best policy!

4). I've done it a few times before, but to be completely honest...I just didn't care that much to check on the stats. Other people may have more interest, so I stopped signing up to give others more interested in the tournament a chance to play.

5). Honestly, tournaments just may not cut it for people. We need new engaging activities within the community to increase involvement. That's where I would point a finger to working on something new.

6). I'm in full off-season mode, so I disconnect for a bit before the index drops (especially since Malmo is pretty set lol).

7). Not sure if it has been done before, but has anyone looked at which VHLM team has had the most HOF players on their team in their history?

I did i enjoy listening to the draft stream one day it would be fun to be a co-host or guest. The time just never works. Love our first selection @Thunder is a 1st overall talent his presence in the LR can't be understated either. I really need to get my shit together in that aspect. 

No I have a great relationship with @KaleebtheMighty whether that be GM to GM or player to player. I'm excited to see how Soju backs up Vidarsson in 95 and 96. If I was a betting man Soju wears a different logo in 97. 

As disappointed as I am I think Bouchard is in a good spot career wise. I know PEB will get into the hof eventually. And being the guy in Riga only ups the odds for Marc. Where as he would be behind Logan and Riley in Vancouver.

I haven't found much interest in it for sone time. At first it was a nice distraction but after a few entries it just makes me miss the VHL seaaon more.

It all cones down to how active the GM's and organizers are. Same can be said of the WJC and WC. I've always found its hit and miss if the team does poorly then the LR is dead. 

I followed my own player but Team Asia got completely shelled. Trueno had a better time than Soju thankfully. 

7.     Bonus: Since I am being lazy this week, tell me what would be a great article for the VSN to cover during the off-season Or an article that might be interesting topic to cover in the future? Why?

VSN has a lot of great content but sometimes great ideas or articles become a obe off when they should be a seasonal occurrence. So I think consistency is key. 

On 5/24/2024 at 4:50 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

slim shady eminem GIF

1. Didn’t even know the draft took place until @Thunder appeared in the LR shortly after the draft.

2. Frank will earn TPE and could slip into the starting role or be traded. So it’s a good pick up for the future in my opinion.

3. I assume you weren’t disappointed being drafted 3rd overall, but possibly once it got that close you might have had some ideas that you were going to end up in Vancouver. I highly doubt you were disappointed though.

4. What the bloody hell is the ProAm tournament?

5. Yearly tournaments in the VHL never last, I expect this tournament to fall into the same fate as others that came before it unfortunately.

6. I am not actively following anything that’s not posted in our discord. I follow our team and that’s all I have time to invest into. 

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

New regular season and what the heck is STHS smoking?

New season and Vancouver have struggled coming out of the gate but other teams haven`t? Calgary to date are prefect; which has me questions some wonderful conspiracy theories. You know like the Alien guys from History Channel. So what needs to change if anything to get this team headed in the right direction and we also named Captains!! Answer three questions for one TPE or all six questions for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     Did naming of the captains surprise you? Why or Why not?

2.     Do you think Vancouver Wolves need to make a trade to shake things up? What trade would you be looking to make?

3.     Calgary is perfect so is this just an STHS smoke job or are we being FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY? Explain your theory?

4.     Am not sure since I think most of us are blind but did you notice the Portal changed? What do you think and what do you like or hate about the changes?

5.     Where do you think Vancouver finish in the standings this season?

6.     Who has been the most impressive player for the Wolves? Why?

7.     Bonus: Have you even been in a Earthquake? And how would you explain it to someone that hasn`t?

wake up everybody GIF by John Legend

1. None except Logan.   

2. no I don’t think so yet. We’re starting to click a bit and have a ton of talent.  

3. Man I can’t figure it out.  Rookie goalie and rebuilding team, Calgary is on fire!! There is some strange sim magic happening for them.  

4. I like it I guess. 

5. I think we will finish with wild card playoff spot 

6.  Our goalie  for sure.  Had some close games and Kaleeb has kept us close. 

4 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

New season and Vancouver have struggled coming out of the gate but other teams haven`t? Calgary to date are prefect; which has me questions some wonderful conspiracy theories. You know like the Alien guys from History Channel. So what needs to change if anything to get this team headed in the right direction and we also named Captains!! Answer three questions for one TPE or all six questions for two TPE. As always have fun!!

2.     Do you think Vancouver Wolves need to make a trade to shake things up? What trade would you be looking to make?

3.     Calgary is perfect so is this just an STHS smoke job or are we being FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY? Explain your theory?

4.     Am not sure since I think most of us are blind but did you notice the Portal changed? What do you think and what do you like or hate about the changes?

7.     Bonus: Have you even been in a Earthquake? And how would you explain it to someone that hasn`t?

1. Not to me personally as I voted for those three.

2. I would trade my player. Extremely underwhelming for how much TPE I have and the contract that comes with that much TPE. 

3. STHS is a joke of a sim engine sometimes, so I assume it is that.

4. I like that it has a light and dark mode. 

5. I think we will finish as a WC team.

6. Ninefingers has been the most impressive as he is the clear leader on this team on the ice. 

Not at all, the team is stacked with talent and leaders.  There is a benefit to having this chemistry on the team.

That is completely up to GM Frank.  He knows his shit and what to do.  As far as me making a trade, I’d trade Rip Wheeler, not because he sucks but because Riley Martin and Logan Ninefingers have pent up frustration not being able to punch Wheeler’s face in because they are all on the same team.

Firstly, Calgary is not perfect.  We got them right where we want them.  Cocky and arrogant.  When the circus monkey starts playing the music, expect to see STHS to get real and Calgary will fall to the bottom of the monkey barrel.

I like the change and the quick access to current team stats.  I also like seeing all players listed on a name.

At the top.  Where else?

This is a team sport and players step up because of the teammates helping them.  Right now I like to see Logan playing the way he’s playing and I am impressed with Guntis crushing the shit out of opponents.  Got some heavy hitting from Liv Slater and Mark Calaway too.  

7.     Bonus: Have you even been in a Earthquake? And how would you explain it to someone that hasn`t?

Been in a few.  It feels longer than it really is.  I’m not sure which ones I prefer, the rollers or the jabbing ones.  Just before the earthquake, the animals do weird things but you dont realize it until its too late!!

6 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

1) No, rooms full of leaders! Excited to get things going this season! 
2) No, I think we just have to find our grove. Big games coming up against Calgary! 
3) Time will tell, they definitely have a solid squad. Goaltending has been good for them, but I can’t see that lasting. 
4) I like the changes, seems to be more user friendly and I like the “night” or dark mode. 
5) Near the top, tough start, but things are looking up! 
6) Nine fingers has been a stud, dunno if that surprising though. Hoping Rip can build on solid back to back outings. I think my TPE output has probably been most surprising to a few mopes (Scurvy/Thunder!) haha 

7) Yeah, I was in high school during the big Nisqually earth quake back in early 2000s. Pretty scary, especially on the 3rd floor of an old crappy high school building. Felt like the earth turned into the ocean, everything rolling and rocking! 

On 6/3/2024 at 5:00 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

1. No not at all, a team needs captains. It's good we have them. 

2. No I think we just need to be patient and find the right lines, and system for success then roll with it. 

3. sths smoke job, it won't last. I'm not intimidated. Also we shut them out recently, so there's that. 

4. I have no idea what you're talking about. lol

5. If we stick it out with this roster we can definitely finish top 3 in our conference just need to be patient and get hot. 

6. Logan Ninefingers, dude always impresses me, he's been great this season again. 

7. Only minor one and felt the shaking but only last 10 seconds, no damage. I thought a large truck was driving by outside. 

No I think @Beketov has a nice influence in the LR and obvious Calaway is a great player so it was an easy choice. I'm glad @Subject056 stays in as an assistant she's been a warrior for us and I hope we can get her a cup before she retires. 

We did make one trade but that was a more futures and lateral kind of move. Hoping we can add a 6th forward by the deadline. 

No disrespect to Calgary but they have sone StHS voodoo going. No way a sub 400 tpe goalie should have those numbers. But they were pretty screwed over by STHS before their sell off. So I guess this is a funny joke to Simon?

I like the member profiles but I wish they could add pre portal players as well. 

God I hope we make the playoffs. At this rate we'll be fighting Chicago for the final wild card. 

Ninefingers came out flying. Lazaro has really picked it up lately. I feel like we won't have a team MVP until the playoffs are decided. 

7.     Bonus: Have you even been in a Earthquake? And how would you explain it to someone that hasn`t?

I've only ever been in very minor earthquakes that you barely notice. So I'd be the wrong person to ask. 

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

Stanley Cup Finals or Continental Cup Finals?

Okay, hard to compare real life to a sim league but I guess this weeks theme will be around the Stanley Cup finals. Florida should win easily but does this dent McDavids` image? Did you know he hasn`t won a cup at any level that he has played from Minor Hockey tournaments, Provincial Championship or even Junior Championship other than playing for team Canada!! Yeah, I was shocked as well since they compare him to some of the greats but there is one clear difference at the moment between him, Gretzky and Crosby. Answer three questions for one TPE or all six questions for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     Who is your selection to win the Stanley Cup and why?

2.     Does the Conn Smythe trophy really mean anything to the players? Also who do you think wins?

3.     Last time Edmonton was in the finals was way back in 2006; when I first started dating my wife; and they had Captain Canada on the team. Who is Captain Canada in the VHL? And do you even know who Captain Canada is?

4.     If you had to compare Stuart Skinner to any VHL goaltender, who would it be and why?

5.     Who is currently the McDavid of the VHL?

6.     Do you think experience matters in Championship series? Why or Why not?

7.     Bonus: What matters more in the VHL experience or leadership?

Grinding Turn Around GIF by Dr. Donna Thomas Rodgers

@OrbitingDeath @Noodle Enjoyer@Scurvy@traphag@Smarch@ScottyP@Subject056@Girts@okochastar@Beketov@Frank@Gaikoku-hito@KaleebtheMighty@Thunder@Trepagoat@Demko@ethan tustain@OrbitingDeath @Noodle Enjoyer@Scurvy@traphag@Smarch@ScottyP@Subject056@Girts@okochastar@Beketov@Frank@Gaikoku-hito@KaleebtheMighty@Thunder@Trepagoat@Demko@ethan tustain

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

2 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Okay, hard to compare real life to a sim league but I guess this weeks theme will be around the Stanley Cup finals. Florida should win easily but does this dent McDavids` image? Did you know he hasn`t won a cup at any level that he has played from Minor Hockey tournaments, Provincial Championship or even Junior Championship other than playing for team Canada!! Yeah, I was shocked as well since they compare him to some of the greats but there is one clear difference at the moment between him, Gretzky and Crosby. Answer three questions for one TPE or all six questions for two TPE. As always have fun!!

2.     Does the Conn Smythe trophy really mean anything to the players? Also how do you think wins?

3.     Last time Edmonton was in the finals was way back in 2006; when I first started dating my wife; and they had Captain Canada on the team. Who is Captain Canada in the VHL? And do you even know who Captain Canada is?

4.     If you had to compare Stuart Skinner to any VHL goaltender, who would it be and why?

@OrbitingDeath @Noodle Enjoyer@Scurvy@traphag@Smarch@ScottyP@Subject056@Girts@okochastar@Beketov@Frank@Gaikoku-hito@KaleebtheMighty@Thunder@Trepagoat@Demko@ethan tustain@OrbitingDeath @Noodle Enjoyer@Scurvy@traphag@Smarch@ScottyP@Subject056@Girts@okochastar@Beketov@Frank@Gaikoku-hito@KaleebtheMighty@Thunder@Trepagoat@Demko@ethan tustain

1. Either team can win or lose. I don't care. Its too close to football season, so hockey can end anytime now. 

2. I mean if your teams win the Stanley Cup, it likely means something. However, I'm sure J.S. Gigure didn't care he won the Conn Smythe at the time.

3. Ryan Smyth is a good man and his married to someone from the town I grew up in, as that is where he played his junior hockey career. I don't know who stands in front of the net and gets garbage goals in the VHL so I couldn't compare him to anyone. 

4. Someone that plays in front of one of the best offensive teams ever and isn't that great of a goaltender. However, in case of answeing the question I guess I would go with David Slezak. as with under 400 TPE no way he should have as many wins as he does.

5.  Jimi Jaks? I guess cause hes the only person I can find in the individual leaders that has been over a PPG for the majority of his career. 

6. I think experience plays some what of a role as it helps calm you down and play within your game. 

2 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

2.     Does the Conn Smythe trophy really mean anything to the players? Also how do you think wins?

7.     Bonus: What matters more in the VHL experience or

1. Edmonton.  While McDavid hasn’t won at earlier levels it’s a team game. I think if the Oilers can stay good defensively they can beat Florida.  (Despite FLA being stacked). 

2.  Probably not.  But I think Zach Hyman wins 

3.  Ryan Smyth    VHL captain canada/US would be Jasper Davis from NY.  6 GWG already this season

4. Hmm. red panda maybe or Slezak. Both still growing but have a good club in front 

5. jimi jaks    Nobody is really like McDavid tho.  He’s in a league all his own. Maybe better would be compare him to VHL OGs 

6 yeah I do.  It’s an emotional game on the biggest stage.  Helps if you’ve been there before to settle and play l

26 minutes ago, Smarch said:

Someone that plays in front of one of the best offensive teams ever and isn't that great of a goaltender.

I love you!! Summing up what I was think when I posted question nicely!!

Drunk I Love You GIF by CBC

I want Edmonton but i picked florida because I get answers wrong and this way the Oilers will win it.

At the time of winning it, probably not.  Later on when they are retired and look back, maybe..  how do i think they win it, well they get voted for it as far as i know.

I didnt pay attention to hockey in 2006 and dont know shit about captain canada.  Is it a superhero in canada?  Is it that shop teacher with those great big ta ta’s?  Congrats on being able to remember when you started dating your wife, cuz it takes a while for me to remember that!!

I’d compare him to Soju, because they are both damn good hockey goalies.

PMB - he’s scoring goals.

Absolutely.  There are good hockey teams that just aren’t good playoff teams.  You gotta have the grit to play playoff hockey and win.

7.     Bonus: What matters more in the VHL experience or leadership?

they go hand in hand

On 6/10/2024 at 7:24 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

2.     Does the Conn Smythe trophy really mean anything to the players? Also who do you think wins?

1. Florida Panthers, they are hungrier, theyve seen firsthand what it takes to win and they know this is probably their last shot with there cap situation. they have such a good forcheck and ust run much better then Edmonton, 5 game series

2. I think it means a lot to the winners, fans and that players eventual case fro the hockey hall of fame. Barkov if he comes back.

3. No I have no clue.

4. I don't want to knock any VHL tenders like that 

5. No one comes close.

6. YES because idk 

7. Experience

On 6/10/2024 at 7:24 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1. Probably Florida based on their defense and they've already beat some top teams. I'd like to see Edmonton win but I think defense and goalie favors florida. 

2. I think it's secondary for them but something nice to look back on. Bobrovsky no doubt. 

3. Ryan Smith, dude was awesome. I don't know who would compare in VHL because I don't know enough players and where they are from. 

4. Whoever plays well for about 3 games then can't stop a beachball for 3 games then gets a shutout, then is shit again and so on. 

5. Logan Ninefingers.

6. In the NHL definitely. Its the hardest trophy to win and you need experienced dudes who know how to play and what to say when faced with adversity. 

On 6/10/2024 at 6:24 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1). Florida, they want it more and play hungry.

2). I think to some it does, but not everyone. I’d lean to Barkov but who knows now.

4). I don’t think I can point a finger to any goalie in the VHL, it’s tough to compare skinner when VHL goalies are all hitting great numbers compared to previous periods of time.

5). No one is McDavid, not even close.

6). I do, yes. EX is key when it comes down to who can clutch it out in key moments.

7). I don’t have the data points to point at one or the other, but I’m in the camp that some Leadership may provide some benefit.

On 6/10/2024 at 4:24 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1) FLA…wanted McJesus to get a cup…but it seems unlikely at this point. 
2) Definitely! MVP of the playoffs. The guy who brought it when the chips were down. I think if the panthers win in 5 it’s gotta be Bob! Except for game 4, he’s been the difference maker for sure. 
3) Ryan Smyth! I dunno who would be in the VHL…maybe Daniel Janser..don’t think he’s Canadian…but he’s a HOFer and was a stud during my time in Calgary. 
4) Maybe Merome Dilson…crushed it during the regular season…but couldn’t bring it home in the playoffs. 
5) Pierre Marc Bouchard - almost 2 points per game…total stud and killing it this season. 
6) Absolutely…if you’ve been there or been close, you understand what it takes to raise the cup! 
7) Hopefully experience, cuz Rip had no leadership TPE! Hahaha 

Gonna go with Florida because they have a 3-1 lead. I've watched a bit if the finals but both teams aren't very likeable. A lot diving and crying on both sides. I'll be glad when it's over. 

Best player from whoever wins the cup. I think Barkov wins it after last nights 8-1 loss.

I don't know who captain Canada waa I'd have to think Pronger, Smyth or Moreau? I'm probably wrong though. In the VHL that's a tough one. I'm going to go with Pierre Emile Bouchard. :P

I would compare them to any sub 600 tpa goalie. Skinner has the odd good stretch but is dreadful overall.

I'm going to go with Leonard Triller. He'll be at 1500 tpa pretty soon. That's crazy. 

I think so but I also think playoff success is random. Need get hot and be lucky (get the bounces and no injuries). 

7.     Bonus: What matters more in the VHL experience or leadership?

Experience since you need the experience to be a good leader. ;)

On 6/10/2024 at 4:24 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1. Edmonton Oilers! I'd like to see a Canadian team win a cup again. 

2. I would think it would mean something to the players for sure! I don't follow the NHL enough to make a good guess though for who should win.

3. Oh man 2006 seems like ages ago! I don't know who Captain Canada is/was I think I was more into going to concerts (Warp tour!) than the NHL in 2006 that I didn't pay attention to what was going on in the NHL. Not sure who our VHL captain Canada would be!

4. David Slezack - he has had big ups and is now having a few big downs. A little inconsistent but can still win you some games.

5. Catia Goncalves, having an amazing season so far with assists. On pace for a over 80 assists. Nowhere near McDavid numbers but that is as close as we night get. 

6. I think experience does matter. It certainly helps on the fly for problem solving and strategies on the ice. 

Bonus✨

Experience hands down. You definitely need experience to be or become a good leader. Otherwise you may be leading blindly. 

Mobile Game Sale GIF by Everdale

Theme Week & Trade deadline

Exciting days are ahead with the season end insight and Vancouver is clearly looking like they should at least make the playoff this season. Theme week has been announced and sweat TPE shall flow. Meanwhile the evil genius of a GM is somewhere in his mother’s basement scheming and trying to make last minute trades to improve the team!! (evil laugh of your choice). Enough waffling from this Jester and on with the answering the questions.

1.     VHLM is the current Theme week so what do you think of this season Theme? Be truthful no one will hold it against you!!

2.     What do you remember from your first experience in the VHLM? Was it good, bad, ugly or simply funny?  Please share….

3.     What is one thing you would like to see the VHLM or the whole league improve? Why?

4.     Trade deadline: Are you nervous to be traded or calm as kitten? Explain?

5.     Playing GM; If you had to trade anyone from the Vancouver Wolves; who would it be and why?

6.     Playing GM again; What is one trade that you would make at this trade deadline to improve the team? Explain and we might just do it….

7.     Bonus: What do you make of our chances of first making the playoff and then in the playoffs; or go all Mr T on me and tell me why I am a fool?   

mr t dc cab GIF

@Scurvy@leafsman@traphag@Smarch@ScottyP@Girts@okochastar@Subject056@Beketov@KaleebtheMighty@Thunder@ethan tustain@Trepagoat@Gaikoku-hito@Frank