Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

1. After losing in seven games in the first round of the play-offs to DC Dragons was this a disappoint end to the season? Why or Why not?

I would be lying if I said it wasn't disappointing. But the bright spot is we lost in 7 games to the champions, so I think with a sliver of improvement this upcoming season we can take another big step. Really excited to see how @dogwoodmaple @Greg_Di @Otaznik progress in their sophomore seasons!

2. Once again after losing in the first round of the play-offs, how would you rank the teams` season on a scale of 1-10 and why?

9/10. Going from 2nd last place to 3rd overall in the league was already a win. Taking the Continental Cup Champions to 7 games also a win. 10/10 would have been lifting the cup ourselves. 

3. The team currently has one free agent in Nico Pearce. How would you convince him to return to the roster for another attempt at Continental Cup?

I think he likes the team we've assembled and realizes he's a good fit for individual and team success. I was disappointed he didn't win the Brooks and I put a bit of that on my shoulders, probably too much line juggling on my part. I think the majority of the convincing was done last season. Fingers crossed he returns for Season 86. 

4. Looking ahead to next season, what do you think of the teams’ current chances to make the play-offs with Anze Miklavz and Nathan Powers retirements; not to mention Nico Pearce possible leaving as an UFA?

Too big losses @kelvi and @JB123 will be sorely missed. I think we'll have to bank on Pearce returning and improvement from within. @Xflexz will be a big part of our defense in Season 86 and going forward. 

5. Halloween is right around the corner, are you celebrating Halloween? Why or why not?

I'm not a big Halloween person, I adore horror movies though. I've attended a few Halloween parties over the years but honestly getting dressed up is not my favourite thing. As a kid I think I stopped going door to door when I was about 10 years old, at that point it was fireworks that caught my interest. But the shine quickly wears off of fireworks. 

6. Riddle:

You may see this hairy creature by the light of the moon.

You can start running but it will likely catch you soon.

You can hope for escape with the raising sun.

But you have a better chance with silver bullets and a gun.

What am I?  

Has to be a werewolf. 

1. After losing in seven games in the first round of the play-offs to DC Dragons was this a disappoint end to the season? Why or Why not?

It was disappointing for Miklavz since it was his last season after a career with no cup wins. For Vancouver, they have a great future so it really is just the beginning for the core. A great lesson learned for some of the younger players. 

2. Once again after losing in the first round of the play-offs, how would you rank the teams` season on a scale of 1-10 and why?

Expectations were high so I guess I would put it at a 5/10. Not a failure, but a lot of us expected more out of the group. This can be looked at differently by anypne that wasn't a vet player.

3. The team currently has one free agent in Nico Pearce. How would you convince him to return to the roster for another attempt at Continental Cup?

Pay him. Kidding, I think GM Frank has a good thing going for Vancouver. If it was me, it would take some convincing to leave.

4. Looking ahead to next season, what do you think of the teams’ current chances to make the play-offs with Anze Miklavz and Nathan Powers retirements; not to mention Nico Pearce possible leaving as an UFA?

Not going to lie. I haven't scoped out next season as I'm working on my next player Jimi Jax. But best of luck :)

5. Halloween is right around the corner, are you celebrating Halloween? Why or why not?

Yes. We are going to the neighbors house and ordering food and giving out candy. 

6. Riddle:

You may see this hairy creature by the light of the moon.

What am I?  

A werewolf

Yes and no, obviously would have been great to advance to the final but I'm definitely proud of what we were able to accomplish. We went from having the #1 overall pick to nearly defeating the Dragons in a seven game series!

I'd say a solid 8, we recovered swiftly from some rough patches along the way to almost make the finals. Of course, we improved significantly from last season and set the tone for future success in Vancouver. Nothing to be ashamed about at all. 

Very good, some natural growth will happen throughout the season with the younger players. Sad I will not be returning, but on the bright side Pearce is back on for another season!

On 10/25/2022 at 12:26 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Vancouver Press Conference Riddles.jpg

Play-offs Edition

Every year a few select teams have a chance to play meaningful hockey after a very long boring seventy-two games regular season. While the players don`t get paid the pay the price in blood sweat and tears. It play-off Hockey, baby!! Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

6. Riddle:

You may see this hairy creature by the light of the moon.

What am I?  

1. It was disappointing for sure, but I feel really good about where we are as an organization.  We've got the best management in hockey and I know they'll get us back there.

2. I'd say 7 or 8? We have a great locker room and great camaraderie, but it certainly stung to get bounced.

3. Free Waffle House for life if he stays!

4. I think we still have a good shot. You can't measure this team's grit and that's something that will take us a long way.

5. I am!  We're big into the spooky decorations at my house.

6. AWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo!

1583369272_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.cb93cc0b6515edea15a10a986d1d88d5.jpg

Halloween or UFA talk?

What to write as we are currently in the dead period between season so I guess I could mention all the UFA signing, contract extensions and trade talk from around the league but what fun would that be talking about things most really couldn`t give an owl about!! So instead let’s talk about the more important things like___________? Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. What is your favorite Halloween ghost or ghoul story? Why?

2. Do you believe real monster, witches and creatures are living amongst us in the real world?

3. If you could use a magic spell on somebody; who would use the magic on and what spell would you use? Why?

4. Is your jack-o-lantern still out?

5. Do you think Halloween is appropriate to celebrate today?

6. Riddle: The person that built it, sold it. The person that bought it, never used it. The person that used it, never saw it. What is it?

Guess, Next week we will get back to some hockey talk but it was nice to have a bit of break, right?

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

1. What is your favorite Halloween ghost or ghoul story? Why?

I don't think I have a favorite but I do like reading into some ghost stories. Even though I don't believe in ghosts, its interesting to get other peoples takes on what they think they saw and then experts trying to debunk it.

2. Do you believe real monster, witches and creatures are living amongst us in the real world?

No I do not believe in monster's and witches although there are great stories and folklore about them!

3. If you could use a magic spell on somebody; who would use the magic on and what spell would you use? Why?

I wouldn't use this spell on anybody but myself and that spell would be to fly. I think that would be fun and a great way to get around!

4. Is your jack-o-lantern still out?

We never made one this year as son is still too young and we didn't have enough time to carve. Next year when he is older though we will definitely get back into carving pumpkins

5. Do you think Halloween is appropriate to celebrate today?

I think after all the lockdowns and other things going on in the world its nice for the kids to get out, have some fun and collect some candy. It's a great social activity for them.

6. Riddle: The person that built it, sold it. The person that bought it, never used it. The person that used it, never saw it. What is it?

hmmm, I feel like this has something to do with death. Could this possible by a grave slot? But a grave slot doesn't get built...I will go I guess with a Urn (for ashses) or a coffin? 

11 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

1583369272_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.cb93cc0b6515edea15a10a986d1d88d5.jpg

Halloween or UFA talk?

What to write as we are currently in the dead period between season so I guess I could mention all the UFA signing, contract extensions and trade talk from around the league but what fun would that be talking about things most really couldn`t give an owl about!! So instead let’s talk about the more important things like___________? Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

My favorite ghost story is probably a story my father told me when I was little about the “donkey lady” When every I see like a green light or red light in the window I will think about it. 

Nah it would have got to me all ready

3. If you could use a magic spell on somebody; who would use the magic on and what spell would you use? Why?

My gf because I need to put a spell on her decision masking and not have it take 2 hours.

No

No because it should be on the weekend.

6. Riddle: The person that built it, sold it. The person that bought it, never used it. The person that used it, never saw it. What is it?

A coffin.

Guess, Next week we will get back to some hockey talk but it was nice to have a bit of break, right?

I loved the movie Casper with Robin Williams. It's not quite Halloween, but it has ghosts and is a pretty fun movie. 

Well there's definitely a lot of things out there that I would define as a creature, so I guess the answer to your question is yes. 

3. If you could use a magic spell on somebody; who would use the magic on and what spell would you use? Why?

I would conjure Freddy Mercury for one last Queen performance.

I didn't make one this year.

Yes, it's a very fun and unique event and mainly for kids.

6. Riddle: The person that built it, sold it. The person that bought it, never used it. The person that used it, never saw it. What is it?

A coffin.

8 hours ago, Futch said:

My favorite ghost story is probably a story my father told me when I was little about the “donkey lady” When every I see like a green light or red light in the window I will think about it. 

Had to look this one up and very interesting story. Won`t catch me on that bridge at night!! LOL!!

8 hours ago, Futch said:

No because it should be on the weekend.

LOL!!

I don't have one, I hate halloween.

Dil is living among us so close enough.

I would use a spell of vanishing on Nico Pearce because he is mean.

I did not make one.

No, it's a very dumb holiday and I think it should go away.

Probably a coffin. Someone has to make it and sell it. The person who buys it isn't the one using it, and the one who uses it doesnt see it because they are dead.

1. Hmmm i dont think i have any.
2. Some people are the real monsters. 
3. Spell on Vancouver Wolves players, to bring the cup home next season.
4. Last two years i had no time to make them. but before they used to be out for long.
5. Yeah why not, its a tradition for some people. Kids love it.
6. A coffin.

On 10/31/2022 at 10:57 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Halloween or UFA talk?

1. The nightmare before christmas

2. No

3. lol love potion :)

4. I never made one 

5. Yeah why not

6. a coffin

On 10/31/2022 at 11:57 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Halloween or UFA talk?

1. There's supposedly a haunted cemetery not far from my house....it's said that the souls of murder victims still walk the woods surrounding the area.

2. Nah

3. I would use the magic to heal some sick family members.

4. No!  It was out until November 1st and then we had to chuck it

5. Yes!!!

6. uhhhh....you got me on this one

1045146300_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.405c29a5d0b05455d1a4480a983d8d0e.jpg

Why so serious? It`s only a draft!! 

Twas the night before the draft, when all through the locker room, not a creature was stirring, not even a wolf. The jocks were all hung in the stalls with care, in hopes that the season would soon be there, the rookies were all nestled all snug in their beds. While vision of the Continental cup danced in their heads and Frank in her kerchief and I in my cap…….. Merry Draft to all and to all a good night!! Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. First question of the day since I decided to avoid these questions last week, what do you think about Vancouver Management deciding to run it back and keeping with the core that we had last season? Good, Bad or ugly?

2. A ton of players also resigned this off-season in Jimmy MacElroy @Xflexz, Biggie Cheese @a_Ferk, Pierre Emile Bouchard @Gaikoku-hito, Dogwood Maple @dogwoodmaple and Alex Bridges III @Oatex. Which one(s) are the most important for the team moving forward? Why?

3. Any surprise coming from this season UFA class that you might not have expected? Which signing and why?

4. Draft Night!! If you could talk to the rookies heading into tomorrow night’s draft, what would you tell them and why?

5. Do you remember your feelings when you were drafted? What were they and why?

6. I guess I am skipping the riddle this week so I guess I will go with a fill in the blank instead since I still have more draft related topics to discuss so here goes:

Vancouver Wolves will have a successful draft if ______________________.

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

2 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

1045146300_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.405c29a5d0b05455d1a4480a983d8d0e.jpg

Twas the night before the draft, when all through the locker room, not a creature was stirring, not even a wolf. The jocks were all hung in the stalls with care, in hopes that the season would soon be there, the rookies were all nestled all snug in their beds. While vision of the Continental cup danced in their heads and Frank in her kerchief and I in my cap…….. Merry Draft to all and to all a good night!! Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. First question of the day since I decided to avoid these questions last week, what do you think about Vancouver Management deciding to run it back and keeping with the core that we had last season? Good, Bad or ugly?

I think it's a great idea, we were unfortunate in our series loss and we lost to the eventual cup champions. This is a solid core and I think we will have a great run this season.

2. A ton of players also resigned this off-season in Jimmy MacElroy @Xflexz, Biggie Cheese @a_Ferk, Pierre Emile Bouchard @Gaikoku-hito, Dogwood Maple @dogwoodmaple and Alex Bridges III @Oatex. Which one(s) are the most important for the team moving forward? Why?

They are all important pieces of the team and I am happy they have all re-signed. This shows the players believe in our direction we are heading as a team and they all want to stay and see where it goes

3. Any surprise coming from this season UFA class that you might not have expected? Which signing and why?

I haven't really followed the UFA so I am not sure what surprises are in store. UFA is always a fun and interesting time so we will see how it turns out and where everyone ends up.

4. Draft Night!! If you could talk to the rookies heading into tomorrow night’s draft, what would you tell them and why?

I would just say stay calm and be yourself. It's a big moment for everyone and you will only go through this once. Just enjoy it no matter what position you get called at.

I was feeling very happy and excited. I didn't think I would go 1st overall and when my name was called it was just the greatest feeling ever. No matter what position I would have been called I think the feeling would have been the same.

2 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

6. I guess I am skipping the riddle this week so I guess I will go with a fill in the blank instead since I still have more draft related topics to discuss so here goes:

Vancouver Wolves will have a successful draft if we draft the best player available and not positionally. 

On 11/7/2022 at 6:22 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Vancouver Wolves will have a successful draft if ______________________.

1. Very good indeed

2. Obv me ;) I am the goat of defenseman

3. I don't usually pay attention to FA signings tbh

4. Be ready to start that grind

5. It was excitement since I went to a team I wanted to

6. They draft always active players

1. I think its good, we played good last season, so if the core stay and we add few other puzzle pieces, it can be even better.
2. All of them. Everyone plays an important tole in the team.
3. I have no idea, i didnt check that.
4. Just enjoy the night, u are drafed just once.
5. Yes I do, it was exciting. Even that i didnt played a single game for the team that drafted me, i am happy i ended up in Vancouver.
6. If we get active players into our roster, that will grow fast, and be a important part of the team.

262772319_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.80dfbb3dfd8a179a61e1759da39514b6.jpg

Start of Season S87

I am not sure about you but it seemed like a very long off season but now it is time that we get back to work and hopefully make the play-offs again this season. Are we favorites? Are we even play-off bound? Find out what the players of the team thing below: Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. Here we are a new season begins, what are your expectations for the team this season?
  2. If the team get off to a slow start or struggles during part of the season, will you become concerned or is this expected part of playing in the VHL?

3. Who do you think will lead the team in scoring this season? Why?

4. Who will be our top defender this season? Why?  

5. Vancouver Awards banquet is scheduled for tomorrow sometime during the night. Who do you think takes a bulk of the awards home from last season? Why?

6. Riddle: What can you break, even if you never pick it up or touch it?

As always, I am super excited for the start of the season and this season, I hope we are more consistent then last. Let see how the first few games play out and we can grill the players again next week.

1. Make it to the play-off.
2. Anything can happen. Lets see what the next season brings.
3. Nico Pearce, he was one of leaders last season too, so i think he will lead in scoring this season too.
4. Biggie Cheese, he should be our top defender this season, and lead the defence.
5. Pearce and Fuhr, Pearce was the leader of the offence with great stats, Fuhr was just a wall in our net.
6. A heart?

5 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:
  1. Here we are a new season begins, what are your expectations for the team this season?
  2. If the team get off to a slow start or struggles during part of the season, will you become concerned or is this expected part of playing in the VHL?
  5. Vancouver Awards banquet is scheduled for tomorrow sometime during the night. Who do you think takes a bulk of the awards home from last season? Why?

1. I think the expectations are the same as last season, if not with more pressure this season - that this group wins the cup. The rookies have grown a bit and we still have one of the best goalies in the league. It'd be a disappointment to lose.

2. I think every set of struggles deserves concern, but concern oriented towards identifying and resolving the issues we have. There's no point overreacting to slumps, but we do have to make sure we're trying out bests.

3. I could definitely see Alexandre Leduc leading the team in scoring now, he's been a veteran of the league and keeps getting quietly better. I think he'll break out this season.

4. I think the simple answer would be Biggie Cheese, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Pierre Emile Bouchard step up either. The youngster has put in a lot of work and seems like he's ready to carve out a larger role in the defense room.

5. I'd say myself, Leduc and Fuhr have a decent shot of getting a nice chunk of the awards. We all had some great seasons, but I think other folks like the rookies who were sort of just tossed into the fire should also get recognition for their efforts.

6 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

262772319_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.80dfbb3dfd8a179a61e1759da39514b6.jpg

Start of Season S87

I am not sure about you but it seemed like a very long off season but now it is time that we get back to work and hopefully make the play-offs again this season. Are we favorites? Are we even play-off bound? Find out what the players of the team thing below: Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

Cup or bust. The core was brought back to give us one more opportunity to win the cup...this is our year.

I think it is expected as part of the VHL. I won't be worried unless were really far out of the playoffs come the midway point of the season

I would have to guess Pearce. He always has a knack for finding ways to score and put up points and I don't see him slowing down anytime soon

We have a great defensive group but I would go with Biggie Cheese, he will have a great season!

Toss up between Leduc and Pearce as they were the top offensive threats last season and were big leaders on the team

I was going to say a heart but technically if you're a heart surgeon you touch it and pick it up during heart transplants. I would guess a promise?

6 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

As always, I am super excited for the start of the season and this season, I hope we are more consistent then last. Let see how the first few games play out and we can grill the players again next week.

Edited by Greg_Di

On 11/14/2022 at 2:45 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Start of Season S87

1. Playoffs for sure and see what happens after that

2. Slow starts only make for hot finishes

3. Not sure. Pretty new to the team so dont know everyone yet

4. Uh me ofc Jimmy. 

5. My first season here so unsure

6. A heart

On 11/14/2022 at 3:45 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Start of Season S87

1. I'm expecting to have yet another really fun season in Vancouver!

2. There will always be peaks and valleys.  Just have to keep grinding through the low times

3. Pearce!  Just an offensive machine

4. That's tougher because of our depth, so I'll give this to the entire team

5. Having already seen the show, I'll just say that it was really well done!  Top notch from the league's best franchise.

6. uhh...a promise? a heart?

1609434319_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.7cd4bde23079839f1e590b35c3985ca6.jpg

Is it Panic time yet? Or Am I just a turkey?

A week into the season and we roll back around the Monday so that means we have media duties to look after again for the week. With American Thanksgiving right around the corner later this week and the official start to the holiday season for most. I will try to stay away from these questions at least for another week; if I can!! Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. Fourteen games into the season and we have a record of 8-5-1 good enough for Third in the North American conference. How would you rate the season so far from a team stand point on a scale of 1-10? Why?

2. Since we touched on the team’s performance in the first question, how about now answer in the same question about your own performance? Again scaled 1-10 and adding why?

3. Two of our top prospects in Wann Kerr @VattghernCZ & Jens Lekman @Bobcat are playing in Rome this season and they have contributed to Rome sitting second overall in the league with a 11-3-0 record. Have you been paying attention to the VHLE and Rome this season? Why or why not.

4. Wann Kerr @VattghernCZcurrently sits third in goals in the VHLE, does he have a chance at winning the goal scoring title this season and would he give Nico Pearce @Spartan a run for his money? Why or Why not?

5. The General Manager @Frank has decided to change the lines up after a bit of a slow start. Do you like when management messes around with the lines, do you think these line combos are better and who would be your preferred line mate or defensive partner? Why?

6. Riddle: What smells the best every Thanksgiving dinner?

Riddle answer:

Spoiler

Promise was last weeks answer!!

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

1. 7/10 i think we can do better, but its still a start of the season, so we still have time.
2. 5/10 good start for Puk, definetely better than last season. But also can do better.
3. I dont watch VHLE, rarely check it. But i am glad our future players are doing good.
4. Ofc, anything is possible. Pearce was close last season, would be nice to see him on the top of the leaderboard. wish all good to Kerr but it will be hard for him. but season is long.
5. He is just doing his job, trying to find the best possible lines. I will be fine with any line, if it helps the team. 
6. A Nose.