Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

7AA083BB-94B8-41B7-950B-BD694FFDF97D.png.b3bdbfc5548eee0c7761081b993eee85.png Vancouver Wolves Press Conference 7AA083BB-94B8-41B7-950B-BD694FFDF97D.png.b3bdbfc5548eee0c7761081b993eee85.png

1. Can we pull out our series vs. Calgary to continue our quest for back-to-back titles?

2. What inspires you the most?

3. What's the best dinner you ever had and why?

4. Should Nyko win GMotY this season?

5. Will the VHL community break last year's record for most people banned/suspended or are we not up to the task?

6. What's your favorite sim league outside of the VHL?

2 hours ago, NSG said:

7AA083BB-94B8-41B7-950B-BD694FFDF97D.png.b3bdbfc5548eee0c7761081b993eee85.png Vancouver Wolves Press Conference 7AA083BB-94B8-41B7-950B-BD694FFDF97D.png.b3bdbfc5548eee0c7761081b993eee85.png

1. Can we pull out our series vs. Calgary to continue our quest for back-to-back titles?

5. Will the VHL community break last year's record for most people banned/suspended or are we not up to the task?

1. Of course, we have them right where we want them

2. @Renomitsu tbh

3. The one your mom cooked me, it was wonderful

4. of course. no brainer for the bog

5. nah I don't think we will

6. I like PBE but haven't updated there for like 2 weeks yikes.

On 1/11/2022 at 3:58 PM, NSG said:

1. Spoiler alert: Yes, we did it lol
  2. Making it to the end of the day 
  3. EVER HAD?! Oh goodness, I have no idea honestly. My favorite though is a nice grilled steak and mashed potatoes.
  4. Always
  5. There's no way we don't break that record.
  6. Probably the PBE, but frankly I only put effort into VHL really.

1. Now that we’ve won the cup, are you celebrating or getting back to work so we can 3-peat?
  2. How do you envision your player spending his/her/their retirement?
  3. What’s your favorite food/drink to consume at a sporting event?
  4. How much do you care about the VHL World Cup and WJC?
  5. If you could make 1 person shut up for a day, who would it be?
  6. If you were to write a book, what would it be about?

1. Now that it’s the off-season, are you bored out of your face or are you enjoying some time off?
  2. What do you think about our new draftee, Esso?
  3. Do you think anyone got FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY for awards this year?
  4. What’s your favorite musical that you’ve listened to and why?
  5. How do you expect you’ll do this season?
  6. How’s your day been?

• 2 weeks later...
  1. After this first week of play, how do you think we’re doing?
  2. Which do you prefer: Mike or Caleb, and why?
  3. What’s your go-to comfort food?
  4. Think of the New Year’s resolutions you (shoulda) made this year. Are you still following them or no?
  5. What’s the worst class you ever took?
  6. Is there anything you’re particularly nostalgic for, and why?

4 hours ago, NSG said:
  1. After this first week of play, how do you think we’re doing?
  2. Which do you prefer: Mike or Caleb, and why?
  3. What’s your go-to comfort food?
  4. Think of the New Year’s resolutions you (shoulda) made this year. Are you still following them or no?
  5. What’s the worst class you ever took?
  6. Is there anything you’re particularly nostalgic for, and why?

1. well, uh I can't really read your questions because i use dark mode so I can't see anything but I think that we are doing pretty well, although i'd be nice if we didn't lose that one game. 
2. Mike cuz mike is a carnivore so rip steggie caleb
3. sushi
4. uh- next question i don't wanna talk about that
5. photography is so boring noone ever take for your own sanity please
6. old childrens tv shows from 2006-2012, those were the good old days

1. We’re in first by 7 points as I speak. Do you think that we can go all the way, again?

2. Who’s been the most outstanding player on the team this year, and why?

3. What’s the best joke you’ve told (that is appropriate)?

4. Are you an overachiever, underachiever, or achiever?

5. What’s your biggest strength and weakness?

6. In your eyes, what’s the meaning of life?

• 2 weeks later...
  1. We’re still in 1st, but LA is 2 points back. Can we prevent them from overtaking us?
  2. Are you more into jazz or military march music, and why?
  3. Who’s your role model (can be a sim league dude or a real life person)?
  4. If your player were caught using a banned substance, what would it be?
  5. Is there anything in particular that makes you nostalgic?
  6. What’s the worst experience you had on a sim league team?
Edited by NSG

• 3 weeks later...

1. Meta, just be meta and you'll win its pretty easy.

2. Jazz. Jazz can be anything you want it to be, meaning there's a lot more chance that you'll like something.

3. My role model is Hulk Hogan. Not the real one but the VHL one. He's a hall of famer and I aspire to be him.

4. Steroids and vitamins. You always got to get stronger in this league and eating your vitamins and saying your prayers is the best way to do that.

5. I find things that are really nostalgic are the ones you forget about until you hear about them again. For years I couldn't remember the title of a show until I saw "Into the Night Garden". I had these weird memories of it but could never remember the name or find any episodes. After finally finding the name it brought back things I couldn't remember before.

6. Probably the multiple times I've been burnt out creatively and didn't want to do tasks and stuff despite wanting to earn 12 tpe. Going through that right now.

• 3 months later...

Post Draft Press Conference!

After an exciting S84 VHL Draft we still have a lot more of the off season to go through so let's meet with the media. 

1. If you we're selected by Vancouver in this past draft, were you happy with the outcome and the round and number  you were selected? For those who weren't drafted how do feel about the recent draftees and their future in Vancouver? 

2. Players have one free re roll of their tpe this off season, meaning you can build your player from scratch with the same amount of tpe you currently have, will you be using it this off season? Or are you happy with your current build? 

3. If you were on a deserted island and could only have one thing, what would it be and why?

4, Vancouver will be looking for a new assistant GM, do you have interest in the position? What would you look for in an AGM?  

5. @Tate had an incredible rookie season and will be a finalist for the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy (Top Rookie). I'd like to congratulate him on a brilliant rookie season and a bright future in Vancouver. This one is less of a question and more of a chance to send some love Tate's way. 

6. At the conclusion of the Season 84 VHL Draft, the Wolves selected Dogwood Maple, Jimmy MacElroy, Fred Hampton and Joshua Bolton V. I 'd like to congratulate all 4 of them. All will be a big part of our rebuild going forward. The beginning of the new core in Vancouver.  Let's take this chance to send them some love as well and if you we're drafted send your fellow draftees some hype! 

:cheers:  @Tate @Esso2264  @dogwoodmaple @Xflexz @TownBizness @B3llol1 @Snussu@freezyeh @Ratty @Bigb33 @DarkSpyro

1 hour ago, Frank said:

After an exciting S84 VHL Draft we still have a lot more of the off season to go through so let's meet with the media. 

1. If you we're selected by Vancouver in this past draft, were you happy with the outcome and the round and number  you were selected? For those who weren't drafted how do feel about the recent draftees and their future in Vancouver? 

2. Players have one free re roll of their tpe this off season, meaning you can build your player from scratch with the same amount of tpe you currently have, will you be using it this off season? Or are you happy with your current build? 

3. If you were on a deserted island and could only have one thing, what would it be and why?

4, Vancouver will be looking for a new assistant GM, do you have interest in the position? What would you look for in an AGM?  

5. @Tate had an incredible rookie season and will be a finalist for the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy (Top Rookie). I'd like to congratulate him on a brilliant rookie season and a bright future in Vancouver. This one is less of a question and more of a chance to send some love Tate's way. 

6. At the conclusion of the Season 84 VHL Draft, the Wolves selected Dogwood Maple, Jimmy MacElroy, Fred Hampton and Joshua Bolton V. I 'd like to congratulate all 4 of them. All will be a big part of our rebuild going forward. The beginning of the new core in Vancouver.  Let's take this chance to send them some love as well and if you we're drafted send your fellow draftees some hype! 

:cheers:  @Tate @Esso2264  @dogwoodmaple @Xflexz @TownBizness @B3llol1 @Snussu@freezyeh @Ratty @Bigb33 @DarkSpyro

.1 I am really excited hopefully we have a bright future

.2 I think I’m going to reroll

.3. For sure I would have my phone 

4 I really wouldn’t have any interest , the one thing I would look for is morivation

5 congratulations on your hard work and best of luck for the future

6 congratulations look forward to the experience

23 hours ago, Frank said:

1. I am!  It's nice to see some familiar faces in here and I'm thrilled to get started in Vancouver.

2. I think I'm happy with my build right now. I tried to put a lot of thought into it each week and I think it's working out well.

3. I'd have an axe.  Assuming that requesting a satellite phone would require access to the satellite itself? Not sure if that would count as two items.

4. I'm spread pretty thin right now so assistant GM isn't on my radar. But with the incredible success that I'm sure we'll have, I bet we'll get plenty of qualified candidates.

5. Hell of a season, Tate!  Always nice to see teammates impress on the ice.

6. Not only are our draftees talented, but I think the camaraderie between us will be a huge boost to the franchise!

Pre-Season Press Conference!

With the conclusion of all 3 drafts and free agency it's time for another press conference!

1. What league will you be playing in this season? (VHL/E/M) What are you hoping to most improve with your player, will your team be in contention?

2. What was your off season training like? Did you sip pina colada's poolside or were you hitting the gym every single day?

3. What would you most like to see in our discord LR? Is there something fun I could implement there? If you don't use discord, what would you like to see on the forums?

4. What would be the coolest location/team name for a VHL/E/M team that doesn't currently exist?

5. @Tate was a runner-up for Top Rookie in the VHL, probably should of been a 3-way tie. Congrats though Tate we know you're saving yourself for the more important awards ;). What are awards would you like to win/be nominated for with your current player? Fyi: Award Predictions now open here: https://vhlportal.com/tools/predictions

6. What food would you like to see served at the Pacific Coliseum (home of the Vancouver Wolves)? Would you have it pre or post game?

:cheers:@Tate @dogwoodmaple @Xflexz @Esso2264  @Tbeez99@TownBizness@freezyeh @Bigb33 @Ryan Li

Edited by Frank

3 hours ago, Frank said:

Pre-Season Press Conference!

With the conclusion of all 3 drafts and free agency it's time for another press conference!

1. What league will you be playing in this season? (VHL/E/M) What are you hoping to most improve with your player, will your team be in contention?

2. What was your off season training like? Did you sip pina colada's poolside or were you hitting the gym every single day?

3. What would you most like to see in our discord LR? Is there something fun I could implement there? If you don't use discord, what would you like to see on the forums?

4. What would be the coolest location/team name for a VHL/E/M team that doesn't currently exist?

5. @Tate was a runner-up for Top Rookie in the VHL, probably should of been a 3-way tie. Congrats though Tate we know you're saving yourself for the more important awards ;). What are awards would you like to win/be nominated for with your current player? Fyi: Award Predictions now open here: https://vhlportal.com/tools/predictions

6. What food would you like to see served at the Pacific Coliseum (home of the Vancouver Wolves)? Would you have it pre or post game?

:cheers:@Tate @dogwoodmaple @Xflexz @Esso2264  @Tbeez99@TownBizness@freezyeh @Bigb33 @Ryan Li

1. VHLE!  I'm hoping to win a title...I truly think we can bring it home for our wonderful fans.

2. It's all about hard work for me.  There's not a day go by when I'm not going crazy at the gym.

3. I'm not sure I have any tangible ideas, but it's all about activity for me.  Something to keep us coming back and engaged.

4. ATLANTA!  Great sports town, great location, and it would have a huge following.

5. I'm not going to lie, taking home an MVP trophy would be pretty awesome.  A player can dream, right?

6. I want Waffle House at the PC!  All about the All-Star Special!

• 3 weeks later...

In season Press Conference! 

Lot's of recent roster changes to discuss and let's check in how everyone's summer is going. Answer 3 for 1 TPE and all 6 for 2 TPE!

1. Since our last presser we made three trades, yes three! To save time and going over each trade I just wanted to welcome the new players to the team. Pierre Emile Bouchard @Gaikoku-hito, Svatopluk Puk @Otaznik, William Futch @Futch and Bob Chicoine @PoignardLeclerc11. Really excited to add all of you to the team, as our future looks brighter and brighter. If you we're just acquired maybe discuss how you feel about joining Vancouver and what your hopes are going forward. Current roster players how do you feel about the acquisitions? 

2. Jimmy MacElroy current leads all VHLM defensemen in points! How are we feeling about a Bouchard - MacElroy pairing in the future? One offensive minded dman and one shutdown. 

3. What have you been up to this summer? Are you going on vacation, have you already? 

4. What is your favourite form BBQ? Or alternatively what is your favourite summer snack and drink combo? 

5. As the rebuild continues here in Vancouver, I'd like to keep everyone engaged since most of our players are spread out from the VHLM to VHLE and VHL. Do you have any suggestions for discord or here on the forums? 

6. How's the heat where you live? How are you coping with it? Do you prefer cooler or warmer weather? 

@Gaikoku-hito@Tate @dogwoodmaple@Otaznik@Xflexz@Futch@TownBizness@Bigb33@PoignardLeclerc11@Tbeez99@Ryan Li@Snussu

58 minutes ago, Frank said:

Lot's of recent roster changes to discuss and let's check in how everyone's summer is going. Answer 3 for 1 TPE and all 6 for 2 TPE!

1. Since our last presser we made three trades, yes three! To save time and going over each trade I just wanted to welcome the new players to the team. Pierre Emile Bouchard @Gaikoku-hito, Svatopluk Puk @Otaznik, William Futch @Futch and Bob Chicoine @PoignardLeclerc11. Really excited to add all of you to the team, as our future looks brighter and brighter. If you we're just acquired maybe discuss how you feel about joining Vancouver and what your hopes are going forward. Current roster players how do you feel about the acquisitions? 

2. Jimmy MacElroy current leads all VHLM defensemen in points! How are we feeling about a Bouchard - MacElroy pairing in the future? One offensive minded dman and one shutdown. 

3. What have you been up to this summer? Are you going on vacation, have you already? 

4. What is your favourite form BBQ? Or alternatively what is your favourite summer snack and drink combo? 

5. As the rebuild continues here in Vancouver, I'd like to keep everyone engaged since most of our players are spread out from the VHLM to VHLE and VHL. Do you have any suggestions for discord or here on the forums? 

6. How's the heat where you live? How are you coping with it? Do you prefer cooler or warmer weather? 

@Gaikoku-hito@Tate @dogwoodmaple@Otaznik@Xflexz@Futch@TownBizness@Bigb33@PoignardLeclerc11@Tbeez99@Ryan Li@Snussu

1. I think these are great moves for us. The future is incredibly bright and I'm excited to join the team soon!

2. That sounds like a championship winning combination to me

3. Working and spending time with my family, but we're planning a beach trip soon

4. I love a good pulled pork sandwich.  Add in some lemonade and we've got a party

5. Not at the moment!  You've done a good job of keeping engagement and interest at a high level

6. Miserable. 90F+ every day with high humidity.  Summer is the worst season by far.

4 hours ago, Frank said:

I am happy i can join Vancouver, and help them as much as i can :) And hope we can win the Cup one day.

Can be a balanced pairing.

Summer is connected with a warm weather, so going out, parties and so on...

A nice big piece of meat lol

I am new in Vancouver now, so i have to look around first :)

I prefer cooler over warmer.

First off welcome to all the new members!! At first I was shocked when I found out at work that Pierre Emile Bouchard had been traded by New York but in the end I am happy to be with a team that wants my player longer term and has a plan moving forward. Hopefully all the new players understand how impactfully they can become for this team and if they require any help in learning how earn TPE or anything about the VHL; that they can reach out to myself or anyone else in the forums or discord.

Always great to see a player have individual success but I am more of team player so more excited to see his team winning and having a chance at the Founder`s cup this season (again?). Sorry I don`t follow the VHLM that much since I haven`t been in the league expect for a cup of coffee; same applies to the E. Overall I am also excited as Yes, P.E. Bouchard is being build as an offensive defender meaning he needs a stable stay at home defender beside him to allow him to take the risk required to set the forwards up on the offensive side. Currently a PP specialist with a pass first aspect that is normal from defenders. Anyone needing build help just ask as well since I have a spreadsheet of all different possible builds but remember it takes a team of players to win so we need a bunch of different builds to be successful from the two way forward, checking forward, two way defender and stay at home defender etc... so build they way that you want as it will always be leading to the success of the team in one way or another.

I am actually somewhat on Summer break from teaching English at a High School in Japan; where I am an ALT (Assistant English Teacher) were I am creating and teaching my own lesson plans with a focus mainly around conversation and culture based lessons. It can be very fun or very difficult depending on the students interactions to each lessons. I also work in a plastic factory as a labor worker moving in-useful plastic or waste plastic known as flash to bins to be recycled. Move about 1000kgs per day with 10kms walking in about 32-38 degrees meaning it way to hot for this cold Canadian. Vacation will happen in August but I am not sure of how much of a vacation I am actually going to take since we are also in the process of building a new house and school starts again at the start of September so will need to start preparations for return to the school.  School year in Japan starts in April so it isn`t the start of the school year but rather the half way mark of the school year with only two weeks off school after Summer exams and then Mid-term exams in August. Students here are lucky to get a few weeks off a year from school; it is so different then North American.

4. What is your favorite form BBQ? Or alternatively what is your favorite summer snack and drink combo? 

BBQ here is different then North America again since we are using open charcoal with a open flame and they tend to cook noodles and cabbage on the BBQ. So when I am out cooking hotdogs, hamburgers, steak and pork chops all the neighbors come over to have a look at what I am doing so we have a community BBQ at the end of the day. (I think they want the free food). Yeah, I also BBQ chicken. But my go to  is Steak and potatoes with beer or rum & coke!! It will be interesting when I switch to a NA BBQ at the new house since they are not used to that style of BBQ at all and I will start to BBQ every day. Japan isn`t cold when comparing it to Canada with the coldest we get is around 10 degrees in the winter and plus 40 degrees in the summer (that kills me!!)

I would write a breakdown of all the different ways to earn TPE but most of all just try to be active in talking about a game that we love; Hockey. Also add counting thread as everyone seems to like counting from my past experience. Also talk about the teams plans and possible changes to the team in the forums since it will engage most members also let us know what the teams direction is going to be.

Hot as F!! I am naked in the AC as soon as I can. My wife calls me the polar bear at the beach as I need to be placed back in the cooler with a cold drink in hand. I prefer cooler weather but not freezing like parts of Canada. too much extreme either way isn`t good!!

• 2 weeks later...

165173417_VancouverWolvesbanner.jpg.0c1a342f2c1c6ae8b6de68d224791e8c.jpg

Press Conference for Aug 1, 2022

End of the season right around the corner, the heat of summer is still in full swing and a slight look forward at some of our future prospects.

Answer 3 for 1 TPE and all 6 for 2 TPE!

1. With two of our forward prospects, Svatopluk Puk @Otaznik and Dogwood Maple @dogwoodmaple playing for Vasteras Iron Eagles and having similar stat lines; (Puk 63pts, Maple 64pts) Which of these two players will finish ahead in scoring by the end of the regular season? Why?

2. Dens Oden @Snussu plays for Cologne Express, who currently hold the last play-off spot in the VHLE only two points ahead of Geneva Rush. Will the Express be able to hold onto the last play-off spot with three games remaining in the regular season? Why?

3. Brian Schmigel @Bigb33 is currently having his career best season; do you think Schmigel can improve his numbers even further next seasons? Why?

4. New rules means players that reach 300 TPE can join the VHL before the hard cap of 400 TPE. Is this a good rule change and would your player consider skipping the VHLE to join the VHL team early? Why? 

5. With Vancouver Wolves season all but done as we are expected to miss the play-offs (Shocked); what are you looking forward to the most heading into next season?

6. Riddle: What is always in front of you but can’t be seen?

Answer:

Spoiler

The future

1. With two of our forward prospects, Svatopluk Puk @Otaznik and Dogwood Maple @dogwoodmaple playing for Vasteras Iron Eagles and having similar stat lines; (Puk 63pts, Maple 64pts) Which of these two players will finish ahead in scoring by the end of the regular season? Why?

They're going to finish with the exact same stat line because they're both amazing. 

2. Dens Oden @Snussu plays for Cologne Express, who currently hold the last play-off spot in the VHLE only two points ahead of Geneva Rush. Will the Express be able to hold onto the last play-off spot with three games remaining in the regular season? Why?

I believe they will because they have a balanced attack and some solid defense. 

3. Brian Schmigel @Bigb33 is currently having his career best season; do you think Schmigel can improve his numbers even further next seasons? Why?

With every season Brian has proven he's gotten better and better, so how can we say he's hit his limit? 

4. New rules means players that reach 300 TPE can join the VHL before the hard cap of 400 TPE. Is this a good rule change and would your player consider skipping the VHLE to join the VHL team early? Why? 

I think it favors the VHL and makes it more difficult for the VHLE GM's to build or draft. 350 would have been better imo.

5. With Vancouver Wolves season all but done as we are expected to miss the play-offs (Shocked); what are you looking forward to the most heading into next season?

Improvement. I know we're still rebuilding but this season has been largely boring to play through.

Your nose.

9 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

165173417_VancouverWolvesbanner.jpg.0c1a342f2c1c6ae8b6de68d224791e8c.jpg

Press Conference for Aug 1, 2022

End of the season right around the corner, the heat of summer is still in full swing and a slight look forward at some of our future prospects.

Answer 3 for 1 TPE and all 6 for 2 TPE!

I would say Maple , because it’s my gut feeling

Yes , I believe they will , there a strong team with fight!

Yes , because he has a good work ethic and will continue to .

It is a good rule , for the players that are ready for the jump  ,

some good training and hopefully next you we could compete with our young guys coming up

9 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

the puck lol

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

The future