Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

On 8/1/2022 at 11:25 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

165173417_VancouverWolvesbanner.jpg.0c1a342f2c1c6ae8b6de68d224791e8c.jpg

Press Conference for Aug 1, 2022

End of the season right around the corner, the heat of summer is still in full swing and a slight look forward at some of our future prospects.

Answer 3 for 1 TPE and all 6 for 2 TPE!

1. With two of our forward prospects, Svatopluk Puk @Otaznik and Dogwood Maple @dogwoodmaple playing for Vasteras Iron Eagles and having similar stat lines; (Puk 63pts, Maple 64pts) Which of these two players will finish ahead in scoring by the end of the regular season? Why?

2. Dens Oden @Snussu plays for Cologne Express, who currently hold the last play-off spot in the VHLE only two points ahead of Geneva Rush. Will the Express be able to hold onto the last play-off spot with three games remaining in the regular season? Why?

3. Brian Schmigel @Bigb33 is currently having his career best season; do you think Schmigel can improve his numbers even further next seasons? Why?

4. New rules means players that reach 300 TPE can join the VHL before the hard cap of 400 TPE. Is this a good rule change and would your player consider skipping the VHLE to join the VHL team early? Why? 

5. With Vancouver Wolves season all but done as we are expected to miss the play-offs (Shocked); what are you looking forward to the most heading into next season?

6. Riddle: What is always in front of you but can’t be seen?

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

The future

@Gaikoku-hito@Tate @dogwoodmaple@Otaznik@Xflexz@Futch@TownBizness@Bigb33@PoignardLeclerc11@Tbeez99@Ryan Li@Snussu

1. I think Puk will.  Incredible season from an incredible player!

2. Yes.  But it will be close down the stretch.

3. Absolutely. Those numbers are going to explode next year.  Hardware incoming!

4. I think it's a good rule, but I do worry about the impact on the E league with this change.

5. I'm excited to suit up as a Wolf! 

6. The future

1587595005_VancouverPressConference.jpg.a6c3a66873c82de9d80555804959f927.jpg

Season officially over so now it is time for the end of season press conference with the players as they clean out the locker room. While it was a difficult season it wasn`t a season without some highlights and it should have been a great building season towards the future so can we get your thoughts on the following questions:

1. Two players head-off into the sunset; Kyle Glass @Tbeez99 played his final season in Vancouver signing last season as a free agent from HC Davos and Ryan Li @Ryan Li drafted and played his final four season in Vancouver. What does it mean to see two players retire at the end of their career wearing the Black & Silver? And do you have any parting words of wisdom for the two players?

2. With two players retiring, the team will need to look to fill the gap left at forward so how do you think the team goes about replacing these two retiring forwards?

3. Points are always great and an easy way to handout hardware so trying not to look at points or numbers; Who was the teams MVP this season and why?

4. Only two seasons removed from the teams` last Award-winning season, who will be the next player to win an award for the team? What award and why?

5. Looking a head to next season; Who will be the teams MVP and why?

6. Riddle: I am the solution to finding what it is you're looking for. People do this everyday to find out more. What am I?

Answer:

Spoiler

Ask questions

Also Congrats to two of our prospects on making the VHLE Finals, Svatopluk Puk @Otaznik  and Dogwood Maple @dogwoodmaple but sadly it came of another one of our prospects Dens Oden @Snussu.  Lets congratulate all three players on a great Play-offs and hoping for Svatopluk Puk and Dogwood Maple bring home the Championship!!

Tags:

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

On 8/8/2022 at 11:42 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1587595005_VancouverPressConference.jpg.a6c3a66873c82de9d80555804959f927.jpg

Season officially over so now it is time for the end of season press conference with the players as they clean out the locker room. While it was a difficult season it wasn`t a season without some highlights and it should have been a great building season towards the future so can we get your thoughts on the following questions:

1. Two players head-off into the sunset; Kyle Glass @Tbeez99 played his final season in Vancouver signing last season as a free agent from HC Davos and Ryan Li @Ryan Li drafted and played his final four season in Vancouver. What does it mean to see two players retire at the end of their career wearing the Black & Silver? And do you have any parting words of wisdom for the two players?

2. With two players retiring, the team will need to look to fill the gap left at forward so how do you think the team goes about replacing these two retiring forwards?

3. Points are always great and an easy way to handout hardware so trying not to look at points or numbers; Who was the teams MVP this season and why?

4. Only two seasons removed from the teams` last Award-winning season, who will be the next player to win an award for the team? What award and why?

5. Looking a head to next season; Who will be the teams MVP and why?

6. Riddle: 

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

Ask questions

Also Congrats to two of our prospects on making the VHLE Finals, Svatopluk Puk @Otaznik  and Dogwood Maple @dogwoodmaple but sadly it came of another one of our prospects Dens Oden @Snussu.  Lets congratulate all three players on a great Play-offs and hoping for Svatopluk Puk and Dogwood Maple bring home the Championship!!

Tags:

1. What wonderful careers!  Sad that I couldn't lace 'em up with them in Vancouver, but they will certainly be missed.

2. Yours truly!

3. That's really hard to say. I think one of our strengths was our depth and I feel like any given night could feature an elite player.

4. I'll say Puk!  MVP baby!

5. It'll be Fuhr's time to shine

6. I'm stumped.

1718552441_VancouverPressConference.jpg.254918ad6dc1c5755593fcb529d43214.jpg

Press Conference S84 Play-off Edition

Play-offs are starting to come to end with some of the cups already handed out so hopefully this will be last press conference before all the hype of the drafts or joining new teams. So answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always lets have some fun!!

1. Las Vegas Aces and Jimmy MacElroy @Xflexz are back to back Champions. A bit of two part question but when do you think Vancouver Wolves will return to the play-offs (What season?)

2. And do you think Vancouver can make another run at back to back Championship like Las Vegas just completed?

3. The Vasteras Iron Eagles are currently down three games to one in the finals; which Dogwood Maple @dogwoodmaple and Svatopluk Puk @Otaznik both play for; Do you think Vasteras will be able to force a game seven? Why?

4. The VHL is still lagging behind the other two leagues like always so with four teams remaining who do you think will make the finals? Why?

5. If you are like me and your team isn`t in the play-off; do you find it hard to follow the other leagues and their play-offs?

6. Riddle: What is so fragile that saying its name breaks it?

Answer:

Spoiler

Silence

290771646_VancouverPressConference.jpg.1b7b1e888bb6517e65a6f6f93ff3b0ff.jpg

Press Conference S85 Off-Season Edition

With Warsaw winning the Continental Cup the off season officially started with the roll-over of the rosters so that means the hard work starts for most while fun starts for others. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always let’s have some fun!!

1. First question of the day with Warsaw winning the Continental Cup; can we get you’re feeling about them winning and anything you might want to say to them?

2. Salary cap has been increased today from 40M to 42M; do you think this was the right move and how do you think it will affect the league?

3. Staying with the salary cap increase of 2M, what would you do if you were given 2M to spend freely?

4. Trade season also kicks off as the off season starts; is there any player in the league you would like play with and why?

5. The rebuild looks to be continuing for another season in Vancouver so what do you think is our team’s strength and what do you think is our teams’ weaknesses? Is there anything that can be done immediately to improve our weaknesses?

6. Riddle: I have lakes with no water, mountains with no stone and cities with no buildings. What am I?

Answer:

Spoiler

A map

next weeks press conference will talk about the S85 Draft .....

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

On 8/22/2022 at 11:27 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

With Warsaw winning the Continental Cup the off season officially started with the roll-over of the rosters so that means the hard work starts for most while fun starts for others. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always let’s have some fun!!

1. First question of the day with Warsaw winning the Continental Cup; can we get you’re feeling about them winning and anything you might want to say to them?

2. Salary cap has been increased today from 40M to 42M; do you think this was the right move and how do you think it will affect the league?

3. Staying with the salary cap increase of 2M, what would you do if you were given 2M to spend freely?

4. Trade season also kicks off as the off season starts; is there any player in the league you would like play with and why?

5. The rebuild looks to be continuing for another season in Vancouver so what do you think is our team’s strength and what do you think is our teams’ weaknesses? Is there anything that can be done immediately to improve our weaknesses?

6. Riddle: I have lakes with no water, mountains with no stone and cities with no buildings. What am I?

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

A map

1. Happy for them  I guess. 

2. Yes its definitely the right thing to do for the regression hitting less hard. It wont make a huge change. 

3. Buy a house in Hawaii.

4. I don't know probably Landon Wolanin or BO Jo.

5. yeah its not because I'm here now with Biggie Cheese and we are here to lead the team to the playoff. 

6. A game 

It's weird to see dlamb winning a cup, usually he loses.

2. Salary cap has been increased today from 40M to 42M; do you think this was the right move and how do you think it will affect the league?

I'd say it was a good thing. Vancouver was actually able to make moves for Leduc and myself. They were issues with trading in the past because nobody had cap.

Probably hold onto it, retention is a big killer later on.

On 8/22/2022 at 11:27 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

A map

1. Congratulations!  Great accomplishment.

2. I think it's the right move. Money can get really tight, so this was a good change.

3. Invest it (I'm boring)

4. Any one of my Las Vegas Ace teammates from back in the day!  Get the band back together.

5. I think our strength is our camaraderie.  We're a close-knit group

6. You are a map!

4. Trade season also kicks off as the off season starts; is there any player in the league you would like play with and why?

Probably Markinson if I could choose anyone. Would be sick to have such a high TPA player on your pairing.

Rebuilding, that is last week's news. I don't see a rebuilder anymore. 

6. Riddle: I have lakes with no water, mountains with no stone and cities with no buildings. What am I?

Some weird fever dream I had probably.

1566486562_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.d8d876fe1f00d1d5616ec6e1b70e0784.jpg

Press Conference S85 Draft & Free Agency Edition

Two very key points in the off season have come and gone rather quickly might I add. The Draft and the quickly followed by the opening of Free agency. This will mean a ton of question about the teams’ direction, players drafted and players signed. Maybe a few trades as well!?!? Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always let’s have some fun!!

1. Crazy off season with six trades, with I think nine of the eleven players new to the roster this season. (Prospect joining roster included) so the first question to all of you is can you recap all six trades and which players were brought into the team during each trade? (I will be impressed if you can!!)  

2. Now that you have tried to recap the six trades completed this off season, which trade stands out the most? Why?

3. We were extremely luck when the draft lottery was completed and we were able to draft first overall. We drafted Henry Eagles  @Greg_Di.  Did this pick surprise you in anyway? Why or why not?

4. Free Agency started quickly for the team as the team acquired Anze Miklavz @kelvi in one of the six trades in a Trade & Sign from Riga. Do you like trade & signs? And it is also Miklavz and Nathan Powers last season @JB123; do you have any confidence that we can get these two a cup in their finals season? Why?

5. The biggest Fish in the sea left Helsinki and signed a contract with Vancouver during the Free agency period; Nico Pearce @Spartan Do you think this will leave the fish out of water dried up on the beach or successful in the big wide ocean?  Was this a surprise signing? Why or why not? What does success look like for Vancouver this season?

6. And now a more relaxing question since I clearly asked more then six!! LOL!! It is now time for Riddle me this. Okay, simply Riddle is better, right? Either way this week’s Riddle: What do you call a successful mirage?

Answer:

Spoiler

An Optimal illusion

tags:

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

3 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

1566486562_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.d8d876fe1f00d1d5616ec6e1b70e0784.jpg

Two very key points in the off season have come and gone rather quickly might I add. The Draft and the quickly followed by the opening of Free agency. This will mean a ton of question about the teams’ direction, players drafted and players signed. Maybe a few trades as well!?!? Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always let’s have some fun!!

1. Crazy off season with six trades, with I think nine of the eleven players new to the roster this season. (Prospect joining roster included) so the first question to all of you is can you recap all six trades and which players were brought into the team during each trade? (I will be impressed if you can!!)  

2. Now that you have tried to recap the six trades completed this off season, which trade stands out the most? Why?

3. We were extremely luck when the draft lottery was completed and we were able to draft first overall. We drafted Henry Eagles  @Greg_Di.  Did this pick surprise you in anyway? Why or why not?

4. Free Agency started quickly for the team as the team acquired Anze Miklavz @kelvi in one of the six trades in a Trade & Sign from Riga. Do you like trade & signs? And it is also Miklavz and Nathan Powers last season @JB123; do you have any confidence that we can get these two a cup in their finals season? Why?

5. The biggest Fish in the sea left Helsinki and signed a contract with Vancouver during the Free agency period; Nico Pearce @Spartan Do you think this will leave the fish out of water dried up on the beach or successful in the big wide ocean?  Was this a surprise signing? Why or why not? What does success look like for Vancouver this season?

6. And now a more relaxing question since I clearly asked more then six!! LOL!! It is now time for Riddle me this. Okay, simply Riddle is better, right? Either way this week’s Riddle: What do you call a successful mirage?

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

An Optimal illusion

1. Were there really 6 trades that Vancouver made this offseason? I know the first big one were two firsts for Leduc and Cheese, then another trade for Powers. Another trade with Moscow for Wattson Power in exchange for a 2nd. Last major trade was a 3rd in exchange for Anze Miklavz's rights. Then I believe it was a cap dump moving Chicoine somewhere, and maybe another one sending Schmigel elsewhere. Sounds like 6 even if I didn't get all the details.

2. I'd probably say the first one was the most impactful. Without that one, I don't think the organization moves to try and make the rest happen. Leduc and Cheese are franchise pieces for the future that also opened up the ability for Vancouver to turn into serious contenders if they could get some interest from free agents.

3. I think Henry Eagles was a fantastic first overall pick, even if it was a little surprising that the team didn't go with the more familiar player in John Jameson. That being said, Eagles has some deep-rooted history with his background and the franchise so it made sense for him to come back and be another core piece of the team's future alongside Fuhr, Leduc and Cheese.

4. I think that the team could have just waited for Miklavz to hit free agency if they were so certain that he would sign with the team. I think that's what ultimately happened anyways, that Miklavz didn't sign a contract before free agency opened. But I get that the team wanted to show real commitment to other free agents with the early acquisition and I know it caught the attention of people around the league. I do feel strongly that Miklavz and Powers can win a cup here, they're both very talented veterans who haven't gained as much respect as they should have. It's a good team here so I feel good about our chances to win a cup.

5. Nico is one of the nominees for MVP among other awards, so I think everyone is curious to see why he left Helsinki and chose Vancouver to spend a year on. But his talent is proven and his ability to contribute is unquestioned. At this point, I don't think it's a question if he'll be successful on Vancouver, it's more of "How successful will he be?" In terms of surprise or not, I think people might have predicted him going to DC which was a more established contender with more familiar faces. But Vancouver was putting together all the pieces for a real cup run and Pearce just seemed like the last one that brought it all together.

6. Clever riddle, thanks for a light question to end it off!

10 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Were there really 6 trades that Vancouver made this offseason? I know the first big one were two firsts for Leduc and Cheese, then another trade for Powers. Another trade with Moscow for Wattson Power in exchange for a 2nd. Last major trade was a 3rd in exchange for Anze Miklavz's rights. Then I believe it was a cap dump moving Chicoine somewhere, and maybe another one sending Schmigel elsewhere. Sounds like 6 even if I didn't get all the details.

Much better then I did when I tried to recount what happened as I think you nailed most of it without going into too much details. I am Impressed.

I made the trades and I'm honestly going to struggle through this without looking. First trade two firsts to Riga for Leduc @Lemorse7 and Cheese @a_Ferk , once we got that trade done it sold me on building a better team this season instead of just taking a step forward. Our second trade was with Moscow for Power @Tape-to-Tape, another S81 player so it matched nicely with Leduc and Cheese. Third trade was with Prague we moved out a couple prospects who would be depth players for us and cleared some cap space while acquiring some picks that would help us with the other moves. Fourth trade was with New York we acquired the rights to Powers @JB123 after he agreed to sign seeing the type of team we were building, I'm still freaking ecstatic they chose us. Fifth trade after a little hiccup not realizing Lemiuex was only a 2M cap hit in the Prague trade and having 5M coming in with powers we we're going to be 500k over the cap after we made our other two signings, was able to move a late pick to unload Chico. Last trade we gave Riga a pick for the rights to Miklavz @kelvi which would in turn allow us to end the offseason by signing Nico Pearce @Spartan . I knew this was a lot of work, summarizing it all was a lot of work as well... So happy you're all apart of the Wolves for this season and maybe beyond. :cheers:

I feel like the Leduc and Cheese trade was the one that turned the tide. Without that trade we're likely looking at another bottom 4 finish. 

3. We were extremely luck when the draft lottery was completed and we were able to draft first overall. We drafted Henry Eagles  @Greg_Di.  Did this pick surprise you in anyway? Why or why not?

It did not surprise me, but then again I'm the one who ultimately decided the pick with discussion with @Gaikoku-hito. I knew right when we won the lottery that Eagles would be the pick. Couldn't divulge that to anyone but maybe Gaiko and Eagles himself, cause that would be no fun. 

4. Free Agency started quickly for the team as the team acquired Anze Miklavz @kelvi in one of the six trades in a Trade & Sign from Riga. Do you like trade & signs? And it is also Miklavz and Nathan Powers last season @JB123; do you have any confidence that we can get these two a cup in their finals season? Why?

I'm happy with them, I like that New York and Riga got a couple lottery tickets for two really great players. I hope we can, I can't really guarantee anything but we've given ourselves our best chance this season. We'll know probably by trade deadline how good we really are as @dogwoodmaple @Otaznik and @Greg_Diadd more tpe. I have faith in everyone on the roster to give it their best shot. 

5. The biggest Fish in the sea left Helsinki and signed a contract with Vancouver during the Free agency period; Nico Pearce @Spartan Do you think this will leave the fish out of water dried up on the beach or successful in the big wide ocean?  Was this a surprise signing? Why or why not? What does success look like for Vancouver this season?

When I first approached @Spartan  in free agency I pretty much thought we had no chance, but we do have a good relationship, So I figured it was at least worth taking a shot at and giving my best pitch. Once we got @kelvi and @JB123 to sign then I think Spartan had faith in what we were trying to accomplish this season. I was definitely surprised he chose us though, I was freaking so happy when he agreed. This is going to be a fun season regardless of the outcome and I'll do right by all the players we signed. 

I definitely did not cheat, an optimal illusion. 

8 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

An Optimal illusion

tags:

1) I think it was a great off-season for Vancouver but to be honest I wasn't following Vancouver or other VHL trades as I was prepping for the draft and making sure my player was at the best he can be. I do remember the Leduc trade as that one stood out. Now that I am in Vancouver I will definitely be paying more attention to our trades and signings

2) I think all these trades have been impactful for the franchise. Vancouver went from non-contender to probably the top contender in a matter of an off-season. That is very impressive and shows that management wants to win. It will be an exciting season!

3) It didn't surprise me too much as I had discussions with Frank a few times prior to the draft. It was interesting though to see all the mock drafts and predictions of who will be 1st overall. With the details not spreading that I would be going first overall it was fun and interesting to see the reactions in the live draft.

4) I am very confident we can get these guys a cup. They deserve it and Vancouver is setup to win right now. Management has done a great job in building this team for a deep run.

5) I was excited to see Nico sign here, it really shows the league that players want to come here to win and that top players see Vancouver as a winning destination. Having a player of Nico's quality join will be a big boost to the team and I am looking forward to learning from the best!

6) I was stumped on this one. Great answer though, I would have never guessed

9 hours ago, Frank said:

I made the trades and I'm honestly going to struggle through this without looking. First trade two firsts to Riga for Leduc @Lemorse7 and Cheese @a_Ferk , once we got that trade done it sold me on building a better team this season instead of just taking a step forward. Our second trade was with Moscow for Power @Tape-to-Tape, another S81 player so it matched nicely with Leduc and Cheese. Third trade was with Prague we moved out a couple prospects who would be depth players for us and cleared some cap space while acquiring some picks that would help us with the other moves. Fourth trade was with New York we acquired the rights to Powers @JB123 after he agreed to sign seeing the type of team we were building, I'm still freaking ecstatic they chose us. Fifth trade after a little hiccup not realizing Lemiuex was only a 2M cap hit in the Prague trade and having 5M coming in with powers we we're going to be 500k over the cap after we made our other two signings, was able to move a late pick to unload Chico. Last trade we gave Riga a pick for the rights to Miklavz @kelvi which would in turn allow us to end the offseason by signing Nico Pearce @Spartan . I knew this was a lot of work, summarizing it all was a lot of work as well... So happy you're all apart of the Wolves for this season and maybe beyond. :cheers:

I feel like the Leduc and Cheese trade was the one that turned the tide. Without that trade we're likely looking at another bottom 4 finish. 

3. We were extremely luck when the draft lottery was completed and we were able to draft first overall. We drafted Henry Eagles  @Greg_Di.  Did this pick surprise you in anyway? Why or why not?

It did not surprise me, but then again I'm the one who ultimately decided the pick with discussion with @Gaikoku-hito. I knew right when we won the lottery that Eagles would be the pick. Couldn't divulge that to anyone but maybe Gaiko and Eagles himself, cause that would be no fun. 

4. Free Agency started quickly for the team as the team acquired Anze Miklavz @kelvi in one of the six trades in a Trade & Sign from Riga. Do you like trade & signs? And it is also Miklavz and Nathan Powers last season @JB123; do you have any confidence that we can get these two a cup in their finals season? Why?

I'm happy with them, I like that New York and Riga got a couple lottery tickets for two really great players. I hope we can, I can't really guarantee anything but we've given ourselves our best chance this season. We'll know probably by trade deadline how good we really are as @dogwoodmaple @Otaznik and @Greg_Diadd more tpe. I have faith in everyone on the roster to give it their best shot. 

5. The biggest Fish in the sea left Helsinki and signed a contract with Vancouver during the Free agency period; Nico Pearce @Spartan Do you think this will leave the fish out of water dried up on the beach or successful in the big wide ocean?  Was this a surprise signing? Why or why not? What does success look like for Vancouver this season?

When I first approached @Spartan  in free agency I pretty much thought we had no chance, but we do have a good relationship, So I figured it was at least worth taking a shot at and giving my best pitch. Once we got @kelvi and @JB123 to sign then I think Spartan had faith in what we were trying to accomplish this season. I was definitely surprised he chose us though, I was freaking so happy when he agreed. This is going to be a fun season regardless of the outcome and I'll do right by all the players we signed. 

I definitely did not cheat, an optimal illusion. 

1. I dont really follow some of trades and other players but from what your saying they are pretty good

2. You know It’s probably The Leduc trade It can give us a big step for the future 

3. You know great player thats all I can say

4. We can get a cup for them we have upgraded the team from what I can tell with maybe another offseason we can do it

5. Seems like a good signing I don’t know much about the players

6.  An optimal illusion

14 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

An Optimal illusion

tags:

1. we have the big trade with the Riga Reign getting Alexandre Leduc and Biggie Cheese for 2 1st round pick. After that you got Nathan powers for a pick, some cap sell, Anze for a pick, and Power for I dont remember. IS that 6

2. All of them there isn't a trade who is better then to others I think every player is here to gain something and then team gain something with each player. 

3. A bit, with the rumors' of Jameson joining the squad but Eagles make a lot of sense too. 

4.Well yes, we have all the pieces and we can compete with any team. 

5. surprising no, I knew we were getting at least 1 big free agents signing with the cap and what the management team have done in the offseason. 

6. a Aurore Boreal 

In all honesty, no I can't. I've been distracted by other things this off-season, but I'm sure all of the new players are outstanding individuals.

The Riga trade for Leduc and Cheese is a nice one, but all of the moves for the Wolves have been nice.

I'm sure he will be an excellent addition and live up to the lofty expectations of a first overall selection.

If sign and trades are the only way to ensure that you are able to acquire a player that you are targeting, then I see no issues with it.

No, it wasn't really a surprise. He obviously was in high demand and like all high quality, high TPE players, he had to do what was best for him and he extended with Helsinki the previous season, so they were probably lucky he did that tbh.

I'm no riddler so I would prefer not to answer and make a bigger fool of myself than I already have recently. Thanks for the questions.

On 8/29/2022 at 11:29 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

An Optimal illusion

tags:

1. I'm having trouble just figuring out who my new teammates are!  But I could not be more excited about the direction of our team.  We'll be contenders sooner rather than later.

2. Let's go with the trade to acquire Anze Miklavz.  I think that one will pay huge dividends for us.

3. I don't think so - it was someone I had my eye on and a player who will help our roster tremendously.

4. I think the moves were fantastic and shows that we are ready to win now.  I sure hope we can send them out on top!

5. Huge signing and that's a move that will help us make a deep playoff run.  We have all the pieces and as long as we just play Vancouver hockey, we'll be alright.

6. No clue

873251965_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.ea364f69dfb65332347f7474f1f0c20e.jpg

Start of Season Hype!!

Before the season has started everyone is still currently first so everything looks very roses as the summer days draw to a close and the beautiful fall settles in or is this the start of a dark, cold means winter full of disappointment and despair? With the season starting Wednesday or Thursday for some of use other folk; are we looking at the bright and sunny or are we starting to have self-doubt? Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

To keep it light to make it tough for the last press release before the season start; I am guessing I am going to try to keep this light and on the positive side so:

1. Captains have not been named yet as the AGM is currently slacking at a place known as work so hasn`t bothered his company by taking the time to post the results. (Actually haven`t even looked at them yet!!) so who do you think should be the Captain of the Vancouver Wolves this season? Why?

2.  Physical beast of nature or the tiny little bull dog but either way both can be dish out some punishing hits or simply knock the man off the puck, who will lead the team this season in hits? Why?

3. Not everyone has a nose for the net and it isn`t always the star player that tends to be the best pure sniper on the roster so who will have the best shooting percentage at the end of the season?

4. We have at least two powers on the teams this season but will they power the power-play effectively? Who will lead the teams power play this season (points)?

5. Every year someone feels like they need to be Doug Glatt or the Tooth Fairy Derek Thompson either just for funniest or protecting their team mates so who will lead the team in penalty minutes?

6. Little bit different this week as I am withholding my great talents for Riddles this week by replacing it will finish the statement:

Not all dreamers are winners but all winners are _____________?

1. Captains have not been named yet as the AGM is currently slacking at a place known as work so hasn`t bothered his company by taking the time to post the results. (Actually haven`t even looked at them yet!!) so who do you think should be the Captain of the Vancouver Wolves this season? Why?

I think Leduc or Nico, they are both veterans who can help lead the Wolves to the cup. No matter who gets it they will all be deserving of being the captain.

2.  Physical beast of nature or the tiny little bull dog but either way both can be dish out some punishing hits or simply knock the man off the puck, who will lead the team this season in hits? Why?

I would say Power or Miklavz. They will be the two guys this year for the Wolves that the other teams will have to fear as they will be laying down the hits. It will be a close race between these two

3. Not everyone has a nose for the net and it isn`t always the star player that tends to be the best pure sniper on the roster so who will have the best shooting percentage at the end of the season?

I think one of the young guys in Eagles or Maple. With less playing time then the stars and trying to prove themselves this season, I believe they will be making all their shots count

4. We have at least two powers on the teams this season but will they power the power-play effectively? Who will lead the teams power play this season (points)?

Power and Powers will definitely quarterback our powerplay this season. I want to see them both on the same line just to confuse the announcers and other teams. I am looking forward to seeing what they can do!

5. Every year someone feels like they need to be Doug Glatt or the Tooth Fairy Derek Thompson either just for funniest or protecting their team mates so who will lead the team in penalty minutes?

I will have to go with Miklavz, he has the build to check but not so much discipline so I believe he will be the protector of the team and end up with the most PIM at the end of the season

6. Little bit different this week as I am withholding my great talents for Riddles this week by replacing it will finish the statement:

I would have to say Dreamers? In order to be a winner you have to dream big and reach your goals

1. Powers for me as a experienced player, but the time i write this, its already decided :D
2.Nico Pearce, looks like  a true bull dog.
3. Again Pearce, but i think Puk have a chance in percentage too.
4. The one that will play in powerplays first line, that can be Pearce or Wattos Power as a defender.
5. My guess is Wattson Power or Biggie Cheese
6. DREAMERS.

On 9/6/2022 at 12:33 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

873251965_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.ea364f69dfb65332347f7474f1f0c20e.jpg

Start of Season Hype!!

Before the season has started everyone is still currently first so everything looks very roses as the summer days draw to a close and the beautiful fall settles in or is this the start of a dark, cold means winter full of disappointment and despair? With the season starting Wednesday or Thursday for some of use other folk; are we looking at the bright and sunny or are we starting to have self-doubt? Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

To keep it light to make it tough for the last press release before the season start; I am guessing I am going to try to keep this light and on the positive side so:

2.  Physical beast of nature or the tiny little bull dog but either way both can be dish out some punishing hits or simply knock the man off the puck, who will lead the team this season in hits? Why?

1. Dogwood Maple, of course!  What I lack in experience I make up for in enthusiasm 

2. I'll go with Biggie Cheese.  Hits, hits, and more hits

3. Why not try to will some good fortune for myself?  I'll pick me again. (fingers crossed)

4. Anze.  No doubt.  Or maybe Nico.  Definitely Anze.  Unless....

5. POWERS.  Going full goon this year

6. ....winners?

214837543_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.e190d97fed98157690463dd34b2659aa.jpg

What 500 Hockey?  Who is playing jokes on the Riddler?

I like to look at season games as quarters meaning about two weeks period or every 18 games but after 13 games we are hovering around 500. Does this surprise most; like me or is this just a slight blimp on the radar?  Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. I was surprised today to see that we have lost two straight games and now sit at 500 with an 6-6-1 record. What the heck has happened?

2. The offense has dried up in the past two games with 2-1 loses. What do you think the problem is and are you worried?

3. Dogwood Maple @dogwoodmaple had very hot start to the season and a very interesting mishaps the other day involving Pizza. Do you think he has distracted himself with pizza mishap or will he find his goal scoring form again?

4. Jimmy MacElroy @Xflexz one of your prospects was traded recently from the Istanbul Red Wolves to Bratislava Watchmen. Have you ever been traded and what was your reaction to the news that you had been traded?

5. With the General Manager away for a bit of R&R in Cuba, what mischief do you think the team will get up to and who will be the ring leader?

6. Riddle Time: What is full of holes but still holds water?

Edited by Gaikoku-hito