Las Vegas Aces Press Conference

oilmandan

Watch this boy. The Mighty Ice Wizard will answer these questions.

1 - Hey folks I'm the new Assistant to McLovin and it's a pleasure to be here.  I'll take some time to get to know you fine people!  Has your season gone as you had thought so far?

I've exceeded expectations on a personal level greatly. Sixteen consecutive shutouts; setting a new league record (me when I lie)

2 - The playoff race is pretty tight at the minute in our division, do you think we can take on our competition?

Yeah. Wait what? Oh you mean in a game?

3 - Do you have more of a sweet tooth or prefer salty snacks?

Salty. Like potato chips. Mmm yummy.

4 - We have a lot of home games to play down the stretch.  Do you like to spend some time on the strip doing Vegas strip things?

I'm way too locked in for that tbh. Catch me reading like a book or something.

5 - When you get to the big leagues, what's the first thing you're splurging on when you get your first paycheck?

I don't want to go to the big leagues. Scary. 

6 - Are you a fan of line juggling when there's struggling?  Or do you prefer to stick to a stable lineup?

I'm usually on the bench anyways. I'm basically like an assistant coach at this point.

image.png.ff2bc5462cfa471f2532fd1dcde661bb.png

April 22-28

1 - The playoffs are right around the corner, and there's a good chance we face the Houston Bulls.  We have a 7-2-1 record against them this season, do you like our chances?

2 - Will there be any changes to your daily routine for the playoffs?

3 - Are you superstitious about anything related to hockey?

4 - How important do you think home ice advantage is in the post-season?  How important is the crowd being into it on your side?

5 - Team chemistry is vital for playoff success.  Where are we going to go eat our team dinners, and who should pay?

6 - Speaking of dinner, what are you eating for dinner tonight?

Players:

@Mech hi @jesse115 @Gorth @NickSunderbruch @Joel Main @samx @bjackson54 @Connor Mclaughling @Hokikeijot @eaglesfan036 @a_Ferk @Firekiss @DaddyFizz

Staff:

@McLovin

5 hours ago, mattyIceman said:

April 22-28

1 - The playoffs are right around the corner, and there's a good chance we face the Houston Bulls.  We have a 7-2-1 record against them this season, do you like our chances?

4 - How important do you think home ice advantage is in the post-season?  How important is the crowd being into it on your side?

5 - Team chemistry is vital for playoff success.  Where are we going to go eat our team dinners, and who should pay?

Players:

@Mech hi @jesse115 @Gorth @NickSunderbruch @Joel Main @samx @bjackson54 @Connor Mclaughling @Hokikeijot @eaglesfan036 @a_Ferk @Firekiss @DaddyFizz

Staff:

@McLovin

1. I love our chances, we always have a chance to win a game no matter who we play, I truly don't feel like we're ever not in a game.

2. I'll probably find a new pregame ritual, lately been enjoying some nice pot in the locker room before games.

3. I'm not a very superstitious person, I usually just take it how I get it.

4. Home ice is obviously a big deal no matter who you are, especially with Vegas where the fans are WILD. But I feel like even if we don't lock up some sort of home ice advantage we'll still come out on top.

5. We're going to wherever we can to be honest, not a lot of places want to fully support the diet of an entire hockey team.

6. I had a Turkey sandwich with jalepeno chips on it.

YES

I WILL NOT TAKE OFF MY EQUIPMENT FOR THE ENTIRETY OF THE FIRST ROUND. I WILL BE READY.

I BELIEVE A SMALL PORTION OF THE LEAGUES PLAYERS ARE NOT REAL PEOPLE

THE CROWD DOES NOT STOP GOALS. I DO.

MONTANA'S. I THINK MCLOVIN SHOULD PAY BECAUSE I AM HIS FAVOURITE

STEAK

On 4/23/2024 at 5:43 PM, mattyIceman said:

April 22-28

Players:

Staff:

@McLovin

1. Everyone always has a chance just didn’t work out for you guys

2. you can’t change a routine in the playoffs same as during the season unless your in a slump

3. Left skate tied then right skate tied

4. Home ice is very important because you know if the series goes the distance you play in front of your home fans to end it

5. always gotta find a good restaurant  but gotta also be superstitious about the restaurant too and the wavier add pays 

6. tonight I had chicken parmigiana 

April 29th - May 5th

1 - So we went out in five games versus Houston.  How tough is this loss for you?

2 - What are your plans for the offseason?  Will you be trying anything new out to improve as a player?

3 - Are you in any other sim leagues?  If so, what is the variety of sports?

4 - The Aces look to have a solid roster next season.  Where do you plan on playing?

5 - Are you still following the playoff and watching certain players?  Who are your favorites to win the three Cups?

6 - Next season you're getting another cool deposit into your bank account!  What's your player gonna spend it on?

Players:

Staff:

@McLovin

1 - So we went out in five games versus Houston.  How tough is this loss for you?

Very. With my first season in a professional league, it would've made for a wonderful Cinderella story if the backup was able to save the series. Unfortunately, my big story will have to wait. But it will come 😏

2 - What are your plans for the offseason?  Will you be trying anything new out to improve as a player?

My plans are to practice, practice and practice! I wasn't good enough this season, so I'll make sure I am by the start of the next. I'm going to be honing in on my rebound control and the glove to make sure that I am unstoppable between the pipes.

3 - Are you in any other sim leagues?  If so, what is the variety of sports?

Nope! Hockey is my one and only. Fun fact, I have a fear of baseballs.

4 - The Aces look to have a solid roster next season.  Where do you plan on playing?

Wherever the wind takes me! I'm slotted for the VHLM Dispersal draft, so wherever I end up will be where I play. I would love to wear an Aces jersey at the start of next season, but I can't be partial since it's not in my control. I just consider myself lucky to be playing in such a great league.

5 - Are you still following the playoff and watching certain players?  Who are your favorites to win the three Cups?

Nope. My focus is completely on improving my game. I have been watching the VHL to take notes of the stud goaltenders to take after the likes of them!

6 - Next season you're getting another cool deposit into your bank account!  What's your player gonna spend it on?

Probably Subway. Like a footlong. Steak and Cheese with extra steak and extra cheese.