HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

On 12/12/2022 at 2:14 PM, Masu Chan said:

psdnLYx43vuDz105OfR4M0hCWQxcO5EWkd0uo64HrrY9kVUsvl8662BDe0wuRGtmd28hMC6wKqHxcAfYmn6kDSXarMzKXCajgKv5du6IaWtA2Nz5oWy6LT9sGfNz8p7sUjeNnFd0eHz4047Xtr7jRb07HuNddRqRq_KNpQTRfyF0mWXQFCNWfAxsL725bAorV41eH.png.efda2d2f5c2f0bdb7369639cbe079d0d.pngpsdnLYx43vuDz105OfR4M0hCWQxcO5EWkd0uo64HrrY9kVUsvl8662BDe0wuRGtmd28hMC6wKqHxcAfYmn6kDSXarMzKXCajgKv5du6IaWtA2Nz5oWy6LT9sGfNz8p7sUjeNnFd0eHz4047Xtr7jRb07HuNddRqRq_KNpQTRfyF0mWXQFCNWfAxsL725bA

You ONLY have to answer 6 of the 9 questions
Week Of December 12th - December 18th 2022

1: We might not be at the top of the standings, but where do you think Davos will finish?

2: If Davos had to change colors, which colors would you choose?

3: It seems like we have little over a week until Playoff Season. Are you happy with how your player has done this season? If not, what do you think you will do to prepare for the next season?

4: If you had to name your next animal after a hockey player, which name would you choose?

5: Which NHL hockey player (Besides McDavid) do you think is the most entertaining to watch?

6: Which movie/show character do you think best represents your personality?

7: What is your favorite Christmas Movie?

8: What activities do you enjoy around this time of year?

9: If you’re a wrestling fan, would you like to see CM Punk return to WWE or AEW?

1. "Season isn't over. We can land first place still. We will finish in playoff contention, I will tell you that."
2. "Honestly, none of them. Davos having purple is unique as f*ck and I wouldn't want any others. Maybe more purple if anything."
3. "Well I'll be honest I'm not a fan with how little I help offensively but I'd say my impact on the team and in that penalty box is certainly there. A LOT to improve on but not too bad for a rookie. Especially getting my first goal here."
4. "Just so I can scream it... DADONOOOOOOOOV!!!"
7. "Home Alone because I want to set up those traps or go into a house all prepared like that and see how I'd survive that sh*t."
9. "I would want to see him redeem himself in AEW before going back to WWE, would feel bad leaving one company on a bitter note just to join another."

On 12/12/2022 at 8:14 PM, Masu Chan said:

psdnLYx43vuDz105OfR4M0hCWQxcO5EWkd0uo64HrrY9kVUsvl8662BDe0wuRGtmd28hMC6wKqHxcAfYmn6kDSXarMzKXCajgKv5du6IaWtA2Nz5oWy6LT9sGfNz8p7sUjeNnFd0eHz4047Xtr7jRb07HuNddRqRq_KNpQTRfyF0mWXQFCNWfAxsL725bAorV41eH.png.efda2d2f5c2f0bdb7369639cbe079d0d.pngpsdnLYx43vuDz105OfR4M0hCWQxcO5EWkd0uo64HrrY9kVUsvl8662BDe0wuRGtmd28hMC6wKqHxcAfYmn6kDSXarMzKXCajgKv5du6IaWtA2Nz5oWy6LT9sGfNz8p7sUjeNnFd0eHz4047Xtr7jRb07HuNddRqRq_KNpQTRfyF0mWXQFCNWfAxsL725bA

1: We might not be at the top of the standings, but where do you think Davos will finish?

3: It seems like we have little over a week until Playoff Season. Are you happy with how your player has done this season? If not, what do you think you will do to prepare for the next season?

4: If you had to name your next animal after a hockey player, which name would you choose?

5: Which NHL hockey player (Besides McDavid) do you think is the most entertaining to watch?

9: If you’re a wrestling fan, would you like to see CM Punk return to WWE or AEW?

1. MID, then go out early in the playoffs. As is a long standing David tradition. #blamecole

2. Purple and Black, instead of Black an Purple. 4head #blamecole

3. Points and Assist-wise, yes. Goals wise he's being FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY though. #blamcole

4. Trygve Many Guns. Best hockey player name ever, fight me! #blamecole

5. Well, in his rookie season it would have been Elias Pettersson. This season I haven't watched a single game though, so can't really comment. #blamecole

7. Die Hard, obviously. #blamecole

Red and black.
I think I'm satisfied, didn't really have any goals in mind.
Taro the Turtle.
I have no idea... I guess the first season of Pokémon?
Playing games and sort of relaxing at home.

Neither, he should probably retire.

On 12/12/2022 at 2:14 PM, Masu Chan said:

1. 3rd and get a bye

3. I’m happy with my season but it ain’t over yet

4. Something easy like Crosby or Kane

5.  If I had to just pick one I’d say Leon Draisaitl

6. Probably Gibbs from NCIS 

9. as a wrestling fan I don’t want to see him in any company again 

z6JUkFIqCFQdrwSd67gLBkQur1LSsu1pDBGK74u1SsMSfH5DgpC14tCRFWlcCM0jD_yjnL5zEbBzk-xMxsHcIFEzxHaqYyCWK0mu6hR9fD-7cmMjhZUJIx-0hdzG0Jzx_UVbnHZA2CXbFgdzis7vapu7KAEEGEUays_owmuw49VTzaQfSxmm2qmMPpGm3gorV41eH.png.efda2d2f5c2f0bdb7369639cbe079d0d.pngz6JUkFIqCFQdrwSd67gLBkQur1LSsu1pDBGK74u1SsMSfH5DgpC14tCRFWlcCM0jD_yjnL5zEbBzk-xMxsHcIFEzxHaqYyCWK0mu6hR9fD-7cmMjhZUJIx-0hdzG0Jzx_UVbnHZA2CXbFgdzis7vapu7KAEEGEUays_owmuw49VTzaQfSxmm2qmMPpGm3g

You ONLY have to answer 6 of the 8 questions
Week Of December 19th - December 25th 2022 

1: If Davos had a daily sim award, what would you call it?

2: Which company/brand would you want to sponsor Davos’ jerseys?

3: Which NHL player is the second faster skater?

4: Which NHL Prospect are you excited to see in the NHL one day?

6: What is your favorite Christmas Themed episode of a show?

7: You get to name the next NHL team, but it has to be a Christmas theme. What Name and Logo do you choose?

8: Which year was your favorite Christmas and why?

: If Davos had a daily sim award, what would you call it?

Dynamo Trophy

Kirkland

Taylor Hall

No clue

Petticoat Junction

7: You get to name the next NHL team, but it has to be a Christmas theme. What Name and Logo do you choose?

Northpole Snowman.   You got it a big fat snowman

Every Christmas is my favorite year

The Summit. Lean into the mountain imagery, talk about who's reached the top, etc.

Something local, somebody with a lot of money, and a solid brand like precision would work well. That's why I'm going with Switzerland's own Tag Hauer.

Don't follow prospects too closely, but like players local to me. Recent third overall pick Logan Cooley is a Gopher, so I'm going him.

I've been watching Ted Lasso over again recently and I do enjoy the Christmas episode. Really any episode honestly.

We're stealing from the MLS: The Portland Timbers, but leaning more into the Christmas side of things with a full fir tree and a red/green color scheme.

Weirdly not sure I have a favorite. I haven't really gone anywhere for Christmas, but have always just enjoyed being with family and eating a lot of food.

Edited by CowboyinAmerica

On 12/19/2022 at 4:45 PM, Masu Chan said:

z6JUkFIqCFQdrwSd67gLBkQur1LSsu1pDBGK74u1SsMSfH5DgpC14tCRFWlcCM0jD_yjnL5zEbBzk-xMxsHcIFEzxHaqYyCWK0mu6hR9fD-7cmMjhZUJIx-0hdzG0Jzx_UVbnHZA2CXbFgdzis7vapu7KAEEGEUays_owmuw49VTzaQfSxmm2qmMPpGm3gorV41eH.png.efda2d2f5c2f0bdb7369639cbe079d0d.pngz6JUkFIqCFQdrwSd67gLBkQur1LSsu1pDBGK74u1SsMSfH5DgpC14tCRFWlcCM0jD_yjnL5zEbBzk-xMxsHcIFEzxHaqYyCWK0mu6hR9fD-7cmMjhZUJIx-0hdzG0Jzx_UVbnHZA2CXbFgdzis7vapu7KAEEGEUays_owmuw49VTzaQfSxmm2qmMPpGm3g

1. The David Davidson Award for David's Davos Davachievement.

2. There are a few obvious ones: Davidstea, David Suzuki, the Database for Annotation, Visualization, and Integrated Discovery.

3. McDavid - that's how fast he is, both 1 and 2.

6. Bob's Burgers "The Last Gingerbread House on the Left". Pretty much any from Bob's Burgers.

7. The Winston-Salem War on Christmas. The logo is Santa Claus clutch a bazooka, backed by an explosion.

8. My wife and I spent Christmas in Southern Spain on our honeymoon. That's my favorite.

David of the Day!
 Bauer or CCM
 There's so many great and fast skaters, MacKinnon, Point, Kaprizov
 Aron Kiviharju without a doubt, upcoming prospect. Current prospects, a tougher choice, maybe Cutter Gauthier.
 North Pole Reindeers. Reindeer with a red nose logo.

I honestly don't know.

The Ghost. The player that maybe help the team win, but doesn't show on the scoresheet. I would have won it often hahaha! 

One of the compagnies that make chocolate! Would eat some free haha

Dylan Larkin. Always close to McDavid in the All-Star game.

Gabriel D'Aigle, goalie in the QMJHL. Start the season at 15 years old and already dominate the league. Was the second overall pick in the last draft.

The Grinchs. The color would be green, black and white.

It was about 10 years ago, when my grantsparents were still alive, all my family was there. We were like 50 of us for the last time.

The Chocopop Award?
Preferably something Swiss, I guess.

No friggin' idea.

Dunno, never been really fond of Christmas episodes myself.
The Alaskan Reindeers.

Ah, gotta be last year's. Had the house for myself, had a nice little lunch with mom before actual Christmas' Eve night and the rain on the 26th wasn't too shabby... though that's when father came back home, eh.

Edited by Thunfish

1. The daily Dynamo 

2. Tag Heuer because it’s big In Switzerland 

3. Point or McKinnon 

4. Probably would say Fabian Lysell because he’s tearing up the AHL right now 

6. Ted Lasso is my favorite Christmas episode 

8. probably 2009 I think it was, because I got tickets to my first NHL game 

No pressers for Malmo this week so I'm sneaking here.

1. David of course

2. I don't want sponsors, hockey jerseys are cleaner without them.

4. Conor Bedard without a doubt.

6. I don't recall them really.

7. Quebec Snowmen I guess.

8. gosh I don't know, probably when I got my psp which was like 2008 or something like that?

🎊orV41eH.png.efda2d2f5c2f0bdb7369639cbe079d0d.png🎊

Week Of December 26th 2022 - January 1st 2023

1: Does your player do anything unique with their equipment? (Jersey Tuck, Colored laces, tinted visor...)

2: Do you expect your player to be more dialed in due to the holiday break?

3: Do you think the VHL should have an all-stars game? 

4: How many seasons / years have you been involved in the VHL community?

5: Which Davos player do you think your player gets along with the most?

6: What are your player's New Year’s resolutions?

7: If you had to get an NHL jersey right now, which one and what name would be on the back?

8: If there was a new award introduced into the NHL and you were allowed to name it, what would you call it? And what would it be awarded for?

9: Which current NHL player (That hasn’t yet scored a Michigan/Lacrosse goal) will score the next Michigan goal?

1: Does your player do anything unique with their equipment? (Jersey Tuck, Colored laces, tinted visor...)
 nothing out of the ordinary, all casual, no tuck, strange colors or anything like that.

We had one back in the day I'm pretty sure.
 Since S43, March 2015.
 All of them :)
7: If you had to get an NHL jersey right now, which one and what name would be on the back?
 Montreal Canadiens, Roy. After that, Dryden.
9: Which current NHL player (That hasn’t yet scored a Michigan/Lacrosse goal) will score the next Michigan goal?

Mikke Granlund. He scored "ilmaveivi" goal in 2011 world championship semifinal game against Russia.

1/4” fold of the socks, left side jersey tucked in, one lace is purple, the other lace is white, fake eyeballs on visor

Absolutely not.  My player is still at a .14 bac, and can only skate in circles 

That’d be cool
 4? 5?  I dont know actually
  Pete Mitchell and Siyan, same draft 
   Banking tpe to stay tough
   Boston Bruins - fav team.  #22 -fav #. Sharky - my nickname IRL
8: If there was a new award introduced into the NHL and you were allowed to name it, what would you call it? And what would it be awarded for?
   Sin Bin Award - strangest penalty
9: Which current NHL player (That hasn’t yet scored a Michigan/Lacrosse goal) will score the next Michigan goal?  Ha ha.  I dont know if Taylor Hall has yet so I will pick him

He usually wears black visors during regular season games, changing to orange visors during the playoffs (as a nod to his native Netherlands).

He'll probably talk a lot with his family members from abroad while also prepping up his papers to join the University of Cologne. 
 That would probably be nice.
I doubt they have any problems with Sunrise and vice-versa. 
 Finish hockey career in style.
Probably a Detroit jersey with Carvalho or Mateus on the back.

10 hours ago, Masu Chan said:

1. Are you kidding? Starfleet regulations strictly prohibited that sort of uniform violation.

3. Yeah, those sorts of things are fun. You can optimize the settings to maximize goals, too.

4. I think this is my third year. I came right before the pandemic. Honestly, I'm surprised I lasted this long.

7. I've well-established my love for Geno Malkin, but I already have one of his. I probably should get a Crosby, too, since he is one of the most important players in franchise history 

8. I'd like to introduce an award for the best offensive performance by a defenseman. I think the waters are too muddy on the Norris. By doing this, you'd eliminate situations where either an amazing offensive season is FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY because of defensive deficiency, like Mike Green's 30 goal season. Call it the Orr.

9. I'm going to call out a dark horse for this one - Matt Murray. No, not an own-goal. No, I will not take further questions.

The only thing that my player is doing is putting the left side of his jersey in is pants. Nothing too fancy but it worked well for him.

Of course! We need to have a contest between the best in the business!

Not a year yet! Still a newbie with not a lot of experience.

Put the puck more often in the net. Also train harder to hit harder.

Probably a Crosby jersey. The Pens have some beautiful jersey and always want one of him. 

Maybe one of the young players like Cole Perfetti, Kent Johnson or Logan Cooley.

On 12/27/2022 at 12:32 PM, Masu Chan said:

1. He has different color tape during certain months like October it’s pink for breast cancer awareness 

2. He’s been dialed in all playoffs I just hope the off-season doesn’t kill the momentum he has

3. Yes hopefully we could set it up 3 on 3 like the nhl does now

4. Been here since June of 2020 so going on 3 years now

5. Easily Thunder and Siyan all three of us were the same draft class and been close since then

6. to improve and be a top player in the league this next calendar year 

orV41eH.png.efda2d2f5c2f0bdb7369639cbe079d0d.png

Week Of January 2nd - January 8th 2023

1: Davos this season went out in a heartbreaking Game 7, Do you think there’s anything we could’ve done to increase our odds of winning?

2: Which player on Davos, besides yourself is the most important player on the team?

3: Does how you tape your stick affect your play?

4: Which is your least favorite NHL mascot?

5: Which current NHL player do you think is overrated?

6: Did you watch Connor Bedard’s Overtime winner on Monday?

7: Alright here’s an interesting one…Maybe…If you had the 4th overall pick in an NHL fantasy draft with current NHL players. Mcdavid went first, Matthews went second, and Draistal went third….Who’d you pick?

8: Can you smell what The Rock is cooking? If so, what is it?

1: Davos this season went out in a heartbreaking Game 7, Do you think there’s anything we could’ve done to increase our odds of winning?

Alex is an awesome GM and knows what to do.  When the game starts, we leave it in the hands of the stms and cant control it.

2: Which player on Davos, besides yourself is the most important player on the team?

Xavier booberry is the most important player on the team.  He keeps the puck out of the net

Absolutely, maybe not physically but for sure mentally

Anything to do with the Pittsburgh Penguins is my least favorite

Tage Thompson.  Not really, just saying that because Cole likes Buffalo.  I’m going with Crosby.  

Nope, I watched the winter classic

7: Alright here’s an interesting one…Maybe…If you had the 4th overall pick in an NHL fantasy draft with current NHL players. Mcdavid went first, Matthews went second, and Draistal went third….Who’d you pick?

Taylor Hall.  I know its not the pick anyone else made but oh well…

He’s cooking a great big rib eye steak with a baked potato and asparagus

Not really. With such a tight cap, the teams are so close right now and it's a game of inches. I would have liked Booberry to play better in the deciding game, but is what it is.

Seeing Teekirque explode this season was absolutely awesome. If I'm doing my job in net, then we need an offensive force like that to put the puck home.

Absolutely, moreover because goalies are a bit superstitious by nature and I don't want anything that might throw off my routine.

Let's just say that this is now a thing that exists in the world:

Oh, 'Buoy!' Mascot Reveal!

So he's not who I would actually pick, but let's not discount the fact that Ovechkin is playing until he's 80 and doubling up Gretzky's goals record.

If his movies are any indication, something that uses a lot of overpriced ingredients but ends up very mid and bland.

On 1/3/2023 at 6:20 PM, Masu Chan said:

1. WE NEED MORE SACRIFICES. SIMON T DEMANDS SOULS.

3. Yes. If I tape it around the blade, and up near the end, I play well. If I tape it to my dog, I play poorly.

4. Gritty, mostly because after the initial amusement, he's kind of become played out.

5. Jeff Carter. Most people think he's gotten pretty bad. The truth is that he's worse.

6. No. I think I've watched the world juniors once in my whole life.

7. Adam Fox. That settles your top D for over a decade, unless you really blow it.

On 1/3/2023 at 5:20 PM, Masu Chan said:

1. I kind of fell off the longer the playoffs went, I started out super hot and then went MIA, so I think if I was able to keep my game going we would've won.

2. Jake Thunder. He always is up there in points for defenseman and is the life of the d core.

4. My least favorite is the Seattle Kraken mascot Buoy. It should've been a kraken, or even an octopus, doesn't really make much sense to make it a troll.

5. The backup goalie for the Red Wings, I don't know how to spell his full name, but he was the goalie for the Hurricanes at one point and he's fallen off.

6. Yes, I was hoping Slovakia would win. The goalie stood on his head for Slovakia and they have no reason to put their heads down, a great effort.

7. Tage Thompson without a doubt. Dude is a freak of nature.