HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

Fairly drunk Sirdsvaldis Miglasķēms stumbles into HC Davod Dynamo press conference room, takes the microphone off the table that was put infront of legendary Davos GM Ahma and starts answering questions as if he was a part of this team.

1: Davos this season went out in a heartbreaking Game 7, Do you think there’s anything we could’ve done to increase our odds of winning? 

Yeah, pretty sad to see that happen, heh. I am not sure honestly, Davos is big and strong team, no weak here. Should have gone and broken some bones on the ice for those weaklings playing against you. HAH, you need MORE MUSCLE!

2: Which player on Davos, besides yourself is the most important player on the team?
I don't know man, you are asking for far too many weird questions there. Everyone is important and at the same time noone is as important as the team as a whole. It is all about goals and passion, it is never about losing games and drinking milk, heck - just go and enjoy life man!

3: Does how you tape your stick affect your play?
Yeah, I use linen wrap soaked in bat sweat - it works wonders, you can't get that puck off my stick ever, heh, to score goals I just throw my stick into the net as a javelin. It is the only way to really be a strong player, you have show dominance and make love. 

4: Which is your least favorite NHL mascot?
I am not sure about NHL, don't even know what is that weird thing. I know my favourite VHL mascot is the Stringy the Worm of Copenhagen Flaming Hot Cheetos. That is one beautiful mascot - there is no better - trust me on that!

5: Which current NHL player do you think is overrated?
There are plenty in VHL, let me tell you that. I still don't know what is that NHL thing youa re talking about - is it some weird farmers league where people play hockey in their backyard garden? The most overrated in VHL - easy - Benedict Frowler. Hate the guy - always goes on ice and tries to mess up my workout - tend to scream stuff like "I am cleaning the ice, move away!" and "You can't skate naked everyday Mr Miglasķēms" or even better "I am gonna knock you out with my Zamboni if you will keep blocking me!" Truly a weirdo!

6: Did you watch Connor Bedard’s Overtime winner on Monday?
Don't know who that guy is, I did watch some VHL footage of myself playing amazing hockey. I did sure do that. Hah, noone will ever know that my great level of play comes from my ability to just go and play this beautiful game of ice-hockey drunk! I LOVE TO DRINK!

On 1/3/2023 at 6:20 PM, Masu Chan said:

orV41eH.png.efda2d2f5c2f0bdb7369639cbe079d0d.png

You ONLY have to answer 6 of the 8 questions
Week Of January 2nd - January 8th 2023

1: Davos this season went out in a heartbreaking Game 7, Do you think there’s anything we could’ve done to increase our odds of winning?

2: Which player on Davos, besides yourself is the most important player on the team?

7: Alright here’s an interesting one…Maybe…If you had the 4th overall pick in an NHL fantasy draft with current NHL players. Mcdavid went first, Matthews went second, and Draistal went third….Who’d you pick?

8: Can you smell what The Rock is cooking? If so, what is it?

borrowing this again!

1. Not scarifying me would have done better ;)
2. I'm not on the team so no worries about voting for myself. This is a team sport, everyone is important but a any team with a bad goalie wouldn't do great things, therefore, I think Booberry is the most important but it is the case for many starter goalies in the league.
3. I only played casual street hockey, the tape was just whatever the mess I achieve to do.
4.  I always found Dallas and NJ awful but Seattle went hard on taking that crown.

5.  Taylor Hall
6. Of course I did, what a beast! I'll cross my fingers to see him in blue-white-red

Our goalie! Save us so many time! Best player in our team hands down and way better than me lol

Not really. I do a simple tape job and my style of play won't change because of it.

Tied between the one of the Senators and the Hurricanes. Don't fit the team and are ugly lol.

Yes I've watched most of the tournament, and not only Canada's games. The gold medal overtime goal was crazy too. So much talent on that team.

7: Alright here’s an interesting one…Maybe…If you had the 4th overall pick in an NHL fantasy draft with current NHL players. Mcdavid went first, Matthews went second, and Draistal went third….Who’d you pick?

Maybe Cale Makar for a defenseman, and a forward Nikita Kucherov. Thompson this year is amazing, as Hughes (finally).

Cooking his third chicken of the day lol. I've tasted his Tequila, and man that's really good!

On 1/3/2023 at 6:20 PM, Masu Chan said:

Week Of January 2nd - January 8th 2023

1. Win more games so that way we had home ice 

2. Thunder because he sets up everyone for goals

3. absolutely if you can’t tape it just right after a couple times then it might be a long game 

4. Whatever Seattle’s mascot is supposed to be 

6. yes I did and it was absolutely gorgeous 

7.  I’m going a bit off the board here but Jason Robertson would be the pick 

Week Of January 9th - January 15th 2023

1: How does your player plan on spending this Off-Season?

2: The Vancouver Wolves won the championship this season, did you expect them to win at any point this season?

3: Make an Acronym for D.A.V.O.S.

4: Alright, hot take time... Which NHL captain do you think is the most worthy of the title?

5: Shane Wright was traded from Kingston to Windsor, what do you think of the trade?

6: In videogames character creation do you often try to make a character than resembles yourself or do you make up your own fictional character?

7: Do you believe Laugh Tracks in shows add to your experience of the show?

8: Who is your least favorite Show or Movie character?

2 hours ago, Masu Chan said:

My player plans to spend his off-season by returning home and spending time with family back in Australia!

2: The Vancouver Wolves won the championship this season, did you expect them to win at any point this season?

I expected the Wranglers to take it home, but once Vancouver put on a dominating performance against them in the playoffs, I did expect them to win it all.

Daring Adventurers Voyage On Skates.

4: Alright, hot take time... Which NHL captain do you think is the most worthy of the title?

If we're talking about current NHL captains, I believe that Sidney Crosby deserves the title of most worthy. He's the longest tenured captain, and is a fantastic leader on and off the ice. He's not afraid to stand up for his guys and set a good example.

6: In videogames character creation do you often try to make a character than resembles yourself or do you make up your own fictional character?

I always make up my own fictional characters! I think it's boring to recreate yourself in a game when the possibilities are endless for new and interesting characters. That's actually how my player Lachlan Summers came to be because he started as a NHL 22 Be a Pro character!

Somehow, now that this question is being asked, my mind is blank as to what characters I truly dislike. But I think the title has to go to Jar Jar Binks from the "Star Wars" franchise. 

11 hours ago, Masu Chan said:

5: Shane Wright was traded from Kingston to Windsor, what do you think of the trade?

1. James booked himself a trip to Florida. You can see how it's going in my latest graphics PT.

2. I did not, but that was mostly a factor of me not paying much attention to the North American Conference.

David

DAvid

DaVid

DOvid

David'S

5. Those CHL trades are nuts, but you can see why they go for them. Everyone will remember a Memorial Cup, no one will remember that you were bad for a few seasons.

6. I'd say it's 50-50. For RPGs, my first playthrough is usually based on myself. For sports, I'm all over the place. For example, some of my players are named after characters from popular TV shows.

7. No. For example, in this sketch, the laugh track takes you right out of an otherwise very moving sequence. 

Training real hard to be more prepared and ready for VHL action.
Sure. I think they were one of the candidates to win, right? Or am I thinking of the Metawolves lol

Sidney Crosby, without a doubt. He should probably be the unanimous answer.

I don't follow the CHL leagues at all. So no opinion.

Depends on the game. In general, I like creating my own characters. But if possible I use a hairstyle close to my own.

Oh boy, there have been so so many egregious, horrible characters in the recent years in TV. You can guess why lol. She Hulk is the latest and worst example.

Watching game films and coming up with better ways to be a better defender

They got lucky.  So no.

Desserts Are Very Overrated Surprises

Pastrnak 

I think he should have been traded to Everett.  We could use the boost.

I make the ugliest character I can make.  Now if it resembles me, that’s for someone else to decide!  But no, I dont do me.

Some shows it does, but others it is annoying because whatever they are laughing it was not funny.

8: Who is your least favorite Show or Movie character?

Pearl Bodine.  Annoying as F.

I'm an old man at this point, so a whole lot of resting. Have you ever seen this new-fangled show called The Andy Griffith Show? It's a hoot.

I didn't, even up to and including the finals. But it's nice to see a four seed do something big, and we almost made it a four seed battle in the finals.

5: Shane Wright was traded from Kingston to Windsor, what do you think of the trade?

I think that's I'm pretty good at geography and an all-around fairly smart person - and if you asked me to locate Kingston and Windsor on a map, I'd just circle all of Canada with a question mark.

Fictional character is much more fun. I'm somebody who likes the storylines, and putting myself into that storyline just makes it weird to me.

7: Do you believe Laugh Tracks in shows add to your experience of the show?

It's an experience for sure, but a bad one. If my life had a Big Bang Theory-level soundtrack where a crowd starts cracking up at the first sign of something nerdy, it'd be a very different type of life.

I don't know that it's least favorite overall, but after the last question I'm now just thinking that Sheldon from BBT is such a bad representation of a nerd, it hurts.

On 1/9/2023 at 10:05 PM, Masu Chan said:

1. Either at home training or playing in the ProAm tournament 

2. Once they made the playoffs I felt like they could go on a run

4. If I’m understanding the question correctly it’s who is captain that most deserves it, then the answer is Bergeron 

5. I think it makes Windsor one of the cup favorites especially with also trading for Harrison 

6. depends on if I’m going to play it seriously or not 

7. they are nice but to me personally they don’t add anything to my experience watching the show 

On 1/9/2023 at 9:05 PM, Masu Chan said:

1. Siyan plans spending this off-season hanging out with @Thunder in Mexico!

2. I think coming in they were super solid, so it's not a surprise that they ended up winning.

4. I believe that the most worthy of the title that ISN'T already a captain is Alex Tuch. This guy loves Buffalo and deserves the C!

5. Absolutely insane trade.. I didn't expect so many assets to go back to Kingston's team.

6. I've done both, but I find more fun creating myself.

7. If it's actually funny, yes. If it isn't, then it's really weird not going to lie.

Visit his family and Europe. Spend so time doing motorcycle, training, going to the beach and read.

Nope, not even one time. I always had faith in our team. It will be us next season.

Gotta go with my boy Sydney Crosby. The Captain needs to be THE exemple, the one that you should follow with closed eyes. Always at 110% on the ice.

Good for both teams. Kingston was going nowhere and Windsor are in the second place so they got one of the best player in the entire CHL. He will help them in the playoffs.

Most of the time someone that looks like me. If it can't be, I try to make him look very different just to see haha.

8: Who is your least favorite Show or Movie character?

Not a specific one, but a genre. Those who put some "celebrities" on a island or a beautiful place around the world and try to match them together. Man fuck that shit.

Week Of January 16th - January 22nd 2023

1: Training Camp has opened! Which attribute do you plan on upgrading?

2: How do you think Davos did this draft? 

3: How many points do you expect to score this season?

4: How many points do you think McDavid will end this season with?

5: Which mechanic or feature would you add/improve in the next NHL game? 

6: Which movie has the best sequel?

7: Which song have you listened to most so far in 2023?

8: Which video game have you replayed the most?

Fighting!

All I cared about was getting Jokinen on the team.  I didnt follow on who else we got.

25 more than last season

Ugh.  Why him?  Why not Pastrnak!!

It would be nice to go back to 2010 where there was hitting after the whistle

Hannibal Rising -  Its a chic flick!!

La Reina del Sur

Civilization

My aversion to age. At this point, it's all banked, all the time baby.

Exceptional. Ahma of course is going to be a great pickup, but in more than just playing - I think it's infectious to have somebody around who cares so deeply about the franchise. And having Tyler is nice too - he's the one who brought McAllister to Davos in the first place, after all.

I'll say... six. Hey don't laugh. I've had some assists from goal before, I'll have you know.

I tend to play career mode more than anything, and for as much as I hate 2K's insistence on microtransactions I do like how much attention they pay to story in the career mode. It'd be fun to see an NHL game with a more built out storyline.

I binged Welcome to Wrexham at the beginning of the year, and it reminded me of the existence of the band James. So I added Laid to my main playlist it's been getting a lot of play. (If you don't know the song, warning: It starts out pretty NSFW.)

One day they'll come out with a new NCAA Football game. But until then, my Xbox 360 will continue to still have some life so I can play my copy of NCAA 13.

Defense, defense, defense... can't get enough of it at this stage.
 Exceptional. My player at 10 is great value.
 155 points a ton of awards.
 Make the available on PC dammit!!
 Check the lock - Clipping.

Sekiro. And by a lot.

Yes! It will be Speed and wrist shot. I've never put points in speed so I hope it will help him get the puck more often.

We got the player we wanted in the first round, so I think we did good.

My goal is to double my points from last season. To more I'm close to 40, the more I will be happy. I've got some great series and Pro Am tournament so hope to build on those performance and really help the team win this season.

I think it will be close to 130. Will probably be his best offensive season if he stay healty.

One of the rule that I would change, is forbiden teams in 3 vs 3 to to back passed the red line. That way they would tend to stay in the offensive zone and create sometging while taking more risk than takin a penalty because they got back in their zone with the puck.

The Mass Effect serie. I've played the first 3 two times each. I've also played the last one too.

Edited by Anthique

16 hours ago, Masu Chan said:

I am upgrading Agility and Skating! I'm happy with my primary attributes all being at 90 so I'm working on my secondary ones now.

I think Davos did exceptional at the draft. The goal was to secure Jokinen and that was what was done, a steal of a pick

At this rate, I believe he's going to end up with at least 130 barring injuries. He is insane. 

More and better facescans! Maybe this doesn't bother others as much as it does me, but some players who have been regulars in the league for years don't have their real faces in the game yet, and when they do, the facescans are just ugly unless you're the cover athlete. 

According to my Receiptify, it's: Question! - System of a Down.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It's one of my favorite games of all time.

On 1/16/2023 at 6:20 PM, Masu Chan said:

1. "I focused a lot more on scoring to be honest, even though I am a defenseman. Personally, I didn't like seeing the lack of point production I was giving in my first season. I think if I'm risking the team by being in the penalty box and giving up points.. I should contribute and give points back."
2. "Excellent. Get the pieces we need or trade them away for bigger ones, that's the joy of the game."
3. "I want to double the amount I had last season. 24 points should be doable."
4. "He'll get 60+ goals, over 120 points and still be a second round exit. What do you expect from Edmonton?"
5. "Ragdoll. I want all of the ragdoll physics with body hits and more."
7. "Been listening to a ton of Queens of the Stone Age so it's more of a band listen than a single song."

1. I'm not upgrading any. It's my last season before depreciation, I'm banking it all.

2. Solid. It was a typical Alex draft - minimize gambling, get your guys. Quality over quantity.

5. I like career modes, so every improvement made to the Be a Pro mode is a good move, IMO. I've heard the current version isn't very good 

6. Star Wars. The Empire Strikes Back is brilliant. If that was the only movie in the series, people would still talk about it 

7. Babylon by Don McLean. That's right, American Pie isn't his only song.

8. Depends on your definition of "replay". I've sunk more hours into Crusader Kings II than any other, but it doesn't really have a plot. I think I've played Betrayal at Krondor the whole way through the most times, to age myself.

1. Spilt it between faceoff and scoring is what I did

2. I think we did well despite all the pick trade randomness 

3. I want 100 points

4. 125 seems weirdly reasonable for him

5. how about just stop all the teammate interaction things between games in BAP

6. I wouldn’t say it’s the best sequel ever but I really liked the new Top Gun

Week Of January 23rd - January 29th 2023

1: What is your players Jersey number and why did you choose that number?

2: Which attribute do you intend on upgrading throughout this upcoming season?

3: Which NHL player scores the next Michigan goal and will it be scored this season?

4: If you could go back in time to any game this NHL season, which game would you go back and watch in person?

5: Which NHL team do you think needs to change their Logo?

6:Which cartoon was your favorite growing up and would you be upset if they re-made the series with new voice actors and upgraded animation? 

7: Seems like it’s been a while since we’ve had a good hockey movie come out, do you think we’ll ever get one that lives up to your favorite hockey movie?

8: If you only have to eat one food item for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

59 IIRC. Fits the theme of my former players, number always 40 something or 50 something.

Full focus on defense. The most important attribute.
3: Which NHL player scores the next Michigan goal and will it be scored this season?

Svechnikov repeats before Zegras. Both do it again this season.

Capitals. They're current logo is awful. All of their logos throughout history have been absolute trash.
6:Which cartoon was your favorite growing up and would you be upset if they re-made the series with new voice actors and upgraded animation? 

Already did. Moomins remake, a wholly different show compared to the original. Moomins is great.
7: Seems like it’s been a while since we’ve had a good hockey movie come out, do you think we’ll ever get one that lives up to your favorite hockey movie?

I certainly hope so. Maybe Hollywood surprises us positively some day

You ONLY have to answer 6 of the 8 questions
Week Of January 23rd - January 29th 2023

#22 because that has been my jersey # for most every sport

most??  Not sure.

Trevor Zegras will score another one this season

4: If you could go back in time to any game this NHL season, which game would you go back and watch in person?

None I can think of

Buffalo Sabres need to add a rocker on bottom that says “Bostons Bitches”. Right @badcolethetitan!!

Speedy Gonzales

I’d be happy if Youngblood would get on Apple TV so i could buy it.

8: If you only have to eat one food item for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

A buffet!!