HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. WE HAVE DONE IT, FELLOW DAVIDS. WE HAVE MADE HISTORY AS THE GROUP TO BREAK THE DAVOS CUP DROUGHT! HOW ARE WE FEELING?!

Ahma says it all in his podcast.  SPEECHLESS

2. Now that the offseason has properly begun, how would you reflect on your player’s season individually? Is there anything you would’ve wanted to improve on or see from them?

Thunder so badly wanted to punch the shit out of Brian Payne.  Other than that, getting the cup was the most important thing.  

3. Have you listened to the latest Ahmacast yet? 

Yes, of course.  I tried to listen to it on the roadtrip but something happened about 45 minutes into it and I had to finish listening to it when I got home.

4. What was a highlight for you this season besides us winning the Cup?

What more of a highlight can there be???  The cup was everything.  

5. Everyone counted us out in the playoffs, but we proved them wrong once again. Do you have any words for our doubters?

Yes I do…. Never underestimate the decision making by Alex.

6. What will you be doing to keep yourself busy this offseason before S90?

I have been gone for over two weeks.  I have to mow, weed, garden, clean gutters, cut some wood for winter, pressure wash driveway, and get ready for fishing in Alaska in two weeks.

7. A huge three-team trade sent Erik Karlsson to the Pittsburgh Penguins! How do you feel about this bold move from Kyle Dubas?

I hate the Penguins, so I don’t give a shit about anything the do except I’m happy when they lose.

8. What came first: the chicken or the egg?

When the chicken crossed the road, the egg was rolling down the hill and crashed into it.  

1. WE HAVE DONE IT, FELLOW DAVIDS. WE HAVE MADE HISTORY AS THE GROUP TO BREAK THE DAVOS CUP DROUGHT! HOW ARE WE FEELING?!

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC TOTALLY ECSTATIC LFG WE DID IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Now that the offseason has properly begun, how would you reflect on your player’s season individually? Is there anything you would’ve wanted to improve on or see from them?

I dont care WE WON!!!!!!!!!

nothing can top the cup win, not even close

5. Everyone counted us out in the playoffs, but we proved them wrong once again. Do you have any words for our doubters?

Fuck em haters let them doubt

Celebrating the CUP WIN

7. A huge three-team trade sent Erik Karlsson to the Pittsburgh Penguins! How do you feel about this bold move from Kyle Dubas?

I like this for the Pens. Gives their aging core a great addition to make one, or two, more pushes while they still have legs.

Feeling great brother! A little bit hungover, but after a victory like this, the emotions are all over the place!

I've improved a lot with my physicality so people begin to respect me. Lot of hits, lot of fights and more block shots than ever. My offensive production take a toll, but we'll get back at it.

Not yet, but I will probably do it tomorrow. I know it will be legendary and I want the full experience so I will listen to it in one go.

The depth of the team. Five forwards with 20 goals with 2 at 40 and two others having at least 35. The arrival of McFleury to help Thunder in defense really helped us. Can't forget our goalie that played over his head again.

Get some sleep, but only after partying with the Cup in France! After that, back to training and this time the offensive will be a priority. With Jones and Leduc leaving the team to retirement, Champagne will have to produce.

Kinda happy! Pitts and Mtl are both my teams and they were involved in it haha! Karlsson will help the Big3 in PIT to keep the winning window open. Wish to see him getting the 100 pts again!

On 8/7/2023 at 9:12 AM, kirbithan said:

orV41eH.png.efda2d2f5c2f0bdb7369639cbe079d0d.png

You ONLY have to answer 6 of the 8 questions
Week Of August 6th 2023 - August 13th 2023

1. They have not yet invented the word to describe it. Our top men are on it. 

2. I wanted more shots and therefore goals in the regular. Tying for the playoff goal lead in a season like this was glorious, though. 

5. I have a few: stepping, mustard, plastic, widely. Oh, and also: smothering, take, coursed and glue. I think my meaning is pretty clear. 

6. Recovering from a really bad cold. 

7. One of the local radio hosts in Pittsburgh said that if a caller had suggested this trade, he would've hung up on him. I think that encapsulates it. 

8. Easy, the egg. Whatever evolved into the chicken laid the first egg that would hatch a chicken. 

1 hour ago, Mongoose87 said:

7. One of the local radio hosts in Pittsburgh said that if a caller had suggested this trade, he would've hung up on him. I think that encapsulates it. 

Mark Madden :kekw:

A1: It feels great to end Jones' career by finally winning something. When I started his career I wanted to win many awards but I'll settle with the most important trophy :D

A2: It's kinda sad Mason never had a 80 point season but having 40 goals was a massive milestone.

A3: I haven't gotten around to it but I really want to hear Ahma's reaction XD

A4: I think being able to play alongside Leduc and retiring with him was a great way to end a career. 

A5: No...MY NAME IS ON THE CUP!

A6: I think Penguins are going to have a great season and Karlsson and Crosby will light up the league if they don't get hurt. I like the move.

Week Of August 13th 2023 - August 20th 2023

1. Welcome, new and returning members of Davos! The offseason is fully underway. How are you feeling about our roster after all of our trades and signings?

2. As per tradition, what is your bold prediction for this upcoming season?

3. What are your thoughts on depreciation?

4. Besides Davos, which VHL/E/M team name/branding stands out most to you?

5. There have been some massive trades that are shaking up the VHL! Which one has shocked you the most, if any?

6. The league turned 16 years old a month ago! What is the key to running a successful sim league?

7. Has your favorite NHL team made any notable FA signings this summer?

8. Do you prefer Spotify or Apple Music?

1. Welcome, new and returning members of Davos! The offseason is fully underway. How are you feeling about our roster after all of our trades and signings?

We will REPEAT!!!

something has to be done to replicate players getting older

Cologne Express! the logo is second best in VHL.

5. There have been some massive trades that are shaking up the VHL! Which one has shocked you the most, if any?

6. The league turned 16 years old a month ago! What is the key to running a successful sim league?

Evolving with the times or something like that, probably. And great recruitment!

Lias Andersson to Habs was groundbreaking massive move

neither. why pay when I can download for free

As always, the roster looks great.  Welcome new teammates.  Let’s kick ass.

Champion

I fucking hate it.  Enough said

I like Bratislava for some reason

I never get shocked.  We have Alex as GM and he makes cool trades all the time.

Participation and easier futching ways to get tpe and get rid of depreciation.

I dont have time to follow the offseason.  I pay for the NHL package and watch the Bruins when they play.  All the trades and signings is just fluff.  Also have to deal with the Everett Silvertips for wife.

Since I pay a monthly fee that includes Apple Music, that is what I prefer, but I own most of my music anyway so I dont use it like I should.

17 hours ago, kirbithan said:

I am not going to lie I just came back to the league so I can't state any real opinion on the matter. 

Davos is winning it all.

It's realistic but not fun to experience I would imagine. 

Honestly the Stockholm Vikings

I am not aware of most of the trades that has happened :(

I would say listen to the people who make it run, listen to the concerns and problems they have and try to make it better and immersive.

nope.

I prefer Spotify.

I think we will be again one of the best team in the league. Some retirement in our forwards group, but some or ready to take another step (wink wink).

Another Championships for Davos!

That's the worst thing in online leagues, but necessary for the longevity of it.

Create a good environnement on the forum and all the others plateformes. Be open to changes in every form.

Pittsburgh got Karlsson from a trade so that's good. They got some depth players like Eller and Smith so they should be able to get back in the playoffs next season.

Spotify, everything from Apple is trash to me.

On 8/14/2023 at 11:04 AM, kirbithan said:

1. We could be even better than last year's HISTORIC team.  Repeat time. 

2. See my above remarks about it being repeat time. James T gonna lead the league in goals, this time, too. 

3. It doesn't hurt as bad as in other leagues, where you can't bank to fight regression. 

4. I always have a soft spot for the Marauders, not in the least because of my rebrand.

LBdGFYb_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

6. Always recruit - users, volunteers, head office members, you name it.  When your user base shrinks, your volunteer pool shrinks and when that shrinks you start to burn people out. 

8. Next question. 

Week Of August 20th 2023 - August 27th 2023

1. Triller updated his amazing Continental Cup graphic to include the names of our historic S89 team! Have you seen it, and if so, what are your thoughts?

2. How did your player celebrate the Cup win over the course of this offseason?

3. The start of the season brings new expectations! What would you like to see from your player as well as the team?

4. Who do you believe will be our biggest rival for first place in the EU this season?

5. Are you participating in VHFL or Super Coach?

6. Who is your favorite NHL player currently?

7. Are you an early bird or a night owl?

8. Do you enjoy listening to podcasts (other than the VHL’s many fantastic podcasts)?

1. Triller updated his amazing Continental Cup graphic to include the names of our historic S89 team! Have you seen it, and if so, what are your thoughts?

I’m going to look after I do the press conference, but I can tell you its going to be awesome because Triller does outstanding graphics.

Lots of booze and loose women.

3. The start of the season brings new expectations! What would you like to see from your player as well as the team?

Contribute for a championship cup

4. Who do you believe will be our biggest rival for first place in the EU this season?

Moscow, but Helsinki is our nemesis 

Yes on both if I can do super coach when I get home.

Radko Gudas

I’m up early and stay up late

8. Do you enjoy listening to podcasts (other than the VHL’s many fantastic podcasts)?

I only have time for one type of podcast.  If i listen to vhl, i cant listen to anything else.  I prefer vhl.

IT IS FRICKIN AMAZING I LVOE IT

non stop partying

Repeat baby!

both, of course

Vasilevski. Oettinger close second.

Bit of both, I guess. Depends on the day.

14 hours ago, kirbithan said:

Week Of August 20th 2023 - August 27th 2023

2. A glass of Romulan ale and a long trip to Risa. 

3. I want to lead the league in goals and sail off into the sunset with another cup. 

4. There is no true rival that can match the might of David. 

5. Super Coach. I'm too busy for vhlf. I just hold things up. 

6. Geno Malkin, always and forever. 

7. I was an early bird as a kid, and my kids keep me from sleeping in, but my natural tendency is to be a night owl. 

Of course! Amazing work! Hope we can get another one :)

Bring the Cup to France, not a lot of players are from there so everyone was happy to see. Party hard obviously!

Get more points haha! Not a good performance offensively last season, and so far it's again the same thing. But the team wins so I'm good.

Super coach only. Try VHLF in the past but sometimes the timing is not good and I don't have time to follow it.

Crosby was always my favorite since he joined the league because I've seen him in junior and he was always the best on the ice.

Night owl at 100% haha! But that will unfortunately have to change soon when the baby will join us.

Week Of August 27th 2023 - September 3rd 2023

1. We’re already a few sims deep into the season! What are your player’s stats looking like right now?

2. Which STHS attribute do you think is most important to dump TPE into when building a player?

3. Which VHL/E/M team has the worst logo in your opinion?

4. How do you feel about the VHLE contracting down to 6 teams before this season?

5. How would your player fare if they had to use a wooden stick in a game?

6. Thoughts on Auston Matthews’ extension with the Maple Leafs?

7. Do you have an unusual or hidden talent?

8. If you were an animal, what would it be and why?

Edited by kirbithan

1. We’re already a few sims deep into the season! What are your player’s stats looking like right now?

Good, but what’s more important is the win loss 

2. Which STHS attribute do you think is most important to dump TPE into when building a player?

Fighting

Miami mauraders

4. How do you feel about the VHLE contracting down to 6 teams before this season?

Whatever it takes to make things better

It’d make it easier to beat Brian Payne in the face

He’s overrated

I can breathe through my ears

Shark.  

Above expectations, I'm surprised. I doubt it keeps up.

Defense. Clearly the strongest attribute.

Riga Reign needs to go back to the old REAL Riga Reign logo.

good. now get rid of the whole thing!!!!!

I was really hoping for him to go UFA and leave Toronto so the maple laughs fans can MELTDOWN BAD!

I can't decide between wolverine (Ahma = wolverine), a turtle or a free flying eagle. Wolverine, because, well it's literally my nickname. Turtle, because they live for ages and are very chill. A white tailed eagle, they're large eagles and the freedom of flight is huge advantage.

Kinda good! Point per game so far, first time in my career that it happen so I'm excited to see what I can do in the long term.

Good thing. I've listen to people talking about it so I think it's a good thing for the league in general.

Not much of a change haha! Skating and giving body check you don't even need a stick :P

I though it would be a bit less, but he got what he wanted. Now he have to win.

Not really, I'm a simple guy haha!

Wolf. Can survive alone, but have more fun in a gang.

On 8/28/2023 at 12:27 PM, kirbithan said:

Reveal hidden contents

1. He's fighting to stay in the top 10 for goals. I want to climb that list. 

2. Defense. Smarter people than I theorize that it's the sim's stat for hockey smarts.

4. Another step towards correcting that mistake. 

5. I wonder if he's even ever seen a real wood stick. 

6. You don't let 60 goal scorers walk. The real problem is old man Tavares' contract. 

7. I can make a sound like a horse's hoofbeats by clapping my hand on my chest. 

On 8/28/2023 at 12:27 PM, kirbithan said:

Reveal hidden contents

1. I’ve been meh I can’t score goals anymore 

2. Defense because it helps everyone 

3. Halifax it’s a boat 

4. was definitely needed as there was teams with barely a roster it’s unfortunate for the GM’s who lost jobs

5. probably bad but you never know 

6. I really wanted to see him leave just to see the utterly insane contract he’d get 

Week Of September 3rd 2023 - September 10th 2023

1. Still a lot of games left! Which player on our team has been impressing you the most so far this season thus far?

2. What is your player’s preferred number?

3. For graphics, which NHL player represents your player/who is your preferred player render?

4. Which is more crucial to the success of a team: offense or defense?

5. What are your thoughts on the league’s TPE earning system? Is there something you would add or change?

6. Will you be buying NHL 24?

7. What other sports do you watch other than hockey?

8. Have you ever traveled internationally? If so, to what countries?

1. Still a lot of games left! Which player on our team has been impressing you the most so far this season thus far?

Skor McFleury, but I expected him to impress me!

2. What is your player’s preferred number?

3. For graphics, which NHL player represents your player/who is your preferred player render?

Radko Gudas

4. Which is more crucial to the success of a team: offense or defense?

Cant succeed without both

5. What are your thoughts on the league’s TPE earning system? Is there something you would add or change?

Not a fan of having to do weekly tasks.  Its getting old.  I’d pay to have max every week

6. Will you be buying NHL 24?

Ahhh, no.  When it changes for the better, I’ll buy it again

7. What other sports do you watch other than hockey?

won’t be watching any sports pretty soon.  Getting rid of tv

8. Have you ever traveled internationally? If so, to what countries?

Being an international man of mystery,,, groovy baby.