Vegas AGM stepping down leaves gaping hole to be filled

oilmandan

Although some people were unaware that the Las Vegas even had an assistant general manager, they in fact did and he stepped down today after the Aces won the Founders Cup. Preferring to work in the background and not near the spotlight suited Dan Wilinsky more, giving him time to focus on his work.

“While I did have a blast helping @Jubo07 build this winner, there always comes a time to move on. When we took over this club we were short on draft picks, prospects and roster players. How exciting is it that in just 2 seasons we’d be celebrating a VHLM championship.

I made my decision part way through the season, when I was asked to interview for the head job of one of the expansion teams. After reflecting on it, I decided I couldn't give either job or my role as assistant in Vegas the time and attention it needed right now. With work and planning a wedding ahead of me, my time is rather sparse and that's not fair to anyone here.

There are many people who would be able to fill my role and then some given the opportunity. I couldn't think of a better way to leave the club,  than with a championship under my belt”

No word as of yet if or when a new assistant will be named.

Thank you to Dan for your expert level analysys. His draft lists were 2nd to none. We made a championship team from the ground up. Going to be big shoes to fill for sure. Glad we could get you a Founder’s Cup!

The Las Vegas Aces will not be holding any interviews for AGM. @Bonzaijoe has been hired as his immediate replacement. Congratulations Joe! I know we are going to accomplish great things together and I fully expect to see you take this new experience and move into a GM role down the road.

9 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

Thank you to Dan for your expert level analysys. His draft lists were 2nd to none. We made a championship team from the ground up. Going to be big shoes to fill for sure. Glad we could get you a Founder’s Cup!

The Las Vegas Aces will not be holding any interviews for AGM. @Bonzaijoe has been hired as his immediate replacement. Congratulations Joe! I know we are going to accomplish great things together and I fully expect to see you take this new experience and move into a GM role down the road.

you forgot to tag all members

• Commissioner
15 minutes ago, oilmandan said:

I am disappointed nobody has taken advantage of that yet. 

Too easy. Kinda like your gaping hole.

4 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

Extremely excited to get this opportunity to take on a new role in the VHLM! I look forward to helping Jubo build another great team next season, and can't wait to work with him and the Aces team going forward!

Very humble of you to not take jobs you know you don't have time to do. Some members could take notes. Right, @McWolf?

Right.

Anyway, good luck in your future projects Dan, and may we finally do some good shit in NY!

13 hours ago, McWolf said:

Very humble of you to not take jobs you know you don't have time to do. Some members could take notes. Right, @McWolf?

Right.

Anyway, good luck in your future projects Dan, and may we finally do some good shit in NY!

Well I've seen what too much responsibility can do to a person's mind@Spade18 One day I'll do more again.

But yes time to focus on NYA and assert our inevitable dominance 

8 minutes ago, oilmandan said:

Well I've seen what too much responsibility can do to a person's mind@Spade18 One day I'll do more again.

But yes time to focus on NYA and assert our inevitable dominance 

I've been overwhelmed with life since the day I was born, dont act like this is any different.