Philadelphia Reapers Press Conference

BladeMaiden

1) Pick up your towels, don't leave messes.

2) Well as a newbie myself I feel it's bringing an new energy with all of the new and hungry young guys

3) I think he is just doing great in goal 

4) Well we fit the name perfectly, the Reapers bring the hurt and grind it out

5) I dunno i'm not so good myself

6) I would do an aquarium because he would be sick to skate on the fish tanks

10 hours ago, DMaximus said:

New questions for week ending 10/11. Answer all 6 and claim for 2 TPE.

1)      The locker room is a sacred place for players. Many locker rooms have their own unwritten rules. What is your #1 rule to follow for locker room etiquette?

2)      We have a lot of new players on the Reaper roster. How has the influx of new people affected practice?

3)      Our goalie, Jacob Carson, is 3rd in the league with 5 shutouts. Including recently recording 3 consecutive shutouts! Why do you think we’ve been able to get so many shutouts?

4)      Reaper defenseman Richard Fitzwell is leading the league in hits and 4 Reapers occupy the top 6 spots in hits. What does that say about the Reaper style of hockey?

5)      Fitzwell is also leading the league in penalty minutes. Any advice for him to lower his time in the box?

6)      You can select one everyday location, that is not a normal ice rink, to hold a hockey game, (think something like a grocery store, or a mall, or a movie theater…) what location are you choosing for a game? Why?

1) To whoever is playing the pregame music there is only one rule. Bangers only.

2) I think bringing in some new talent will give us the chance to try out some new structures and see what works, maybe bring us a few more points.

3) As I said before, sometimes the mentality really is that to win, I just simply shouldn't let pucks in.

4) It is so important to keep the opponents scared of us and that is a great way to do it. Keep finishing those checks boys.

5) I mean sometimes they deserve it but maybe just maim a man instead of murdering him.

6) I'm thinking like a school cafeteria, plenty of obstacles but still easy to work with when it comes to hockey.

13 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1)      The locker room is a sacred place for players. Many locker rooms have their own unwritten rules. What is your #1 rule to follow for locker room etiquette?

2)      We have a lot of new players on the Reaper roster. How has the influx of new people affected practice?

3)      Our goalie, Jacob Carson, is 3rd in the league with 5 shutouts. Including recently recording 3 consecutive shutouts! Why do you think we’ve been able to get so many shutouts?

4)      Reaper defenseman Richard Fitzwell is leading the league in hits and 4 Reapers occupy the top 6 spots in hits. What does that say about the Reaper style of hockey?

5)      Fitzwell is also leading the league in penalty minutes. Any advice for him to lower his time in the box?

6)      You can select one everyday location, that is not a normal ice rink, to hold a hockey game, (think something like a grocery store, or a mall, or a movie theater…) what location are you choosing for a game? Why?

1. Obviously don't step on the logo on the floor.

2. Since I'm one of the newer players on the roster, I hope I'm not being a pain at practice. I hope I am bringing in confidence for the future.

3. We have a wall in net, so that really helps. Everyone is chipping in with their defensive abilities to achieve a shutout. Of course the biggest piece of the puzzle is Jacob.

4. We are a physical team that can wear you down in the long run. We will step up to any problem in games too.

5. With a physical game you might take some bad penalties in return. I would say think 2 steps ahead before a play develops. Obviously you want to throw the body or defend the net, but that is why it is a team game and have teammates help with certain situations.

6. I feel like an amusement park would be an interesting venue for hockey. That way it would attract casual sports fans and also could be a great play to unwind after the game! 

1)      The locker room is a sacred place for players. Many locker rooms have their own unwritten rules. What is your #1 rule to follow for locker room etiquette?

Clean up after yourself, don't step on the logo, the usual things

2)      We have a lot of new players on the Reaper roster. How has the influx of new people affected practice?

It is great because more people = more things to learn and we can do bigger drills

3)      Our goalie, Jacob Carson, is 3rd in the league with 5 shutouts. Including recently recording 3 consecutive shutouts! Why do you think we’ve been able to get so many shutouts?

Carson hasn't been that busy with shots but he makes the saves when he gets them and that is huge because it can't be fun to stay tuned in for that little amount of shots but he does it!

4)      Reaper defenseman Richard Fitzwell is leading the league in hits and 4 Reapers occupy the top 6 spots in hits. What does that say about the Reaper style of hockey?

We play a hard style throwback hockey where we hit everything that moves, we know its a fast game now so to take anything we can from them while keeping up with them is a plus.

5)      Fitzwell is also leading the league in penalty minutes. Any advice for him to lower his time in the box?

Tone back the anger, breath before you go out there and do something.

6)      You can select one everyday location, that is not a normal ice rink, to hold a hockey game, (think something like a grocery store, or a mall, or a movie theater…) what location are you choosing for a game? Why?

West Edmonton Mall, they have everything in that thing, why not add a hockey game just for shits and giggles

On 10/5/2020 at 11:55 PM, DMaximus said:

Don't step on the logo, AT ALL.

Slows down the process of gettin W's but once everybody starts to get along and work together they'll start coming.

Our great defensive play and keeping the shots simple for him to stop.

Very physical team and others should keep their heads up against us.

Stay disciplined or change how you play.

Lake Minnetonka, there is lots of history with hockey around there and the community would love it.

1. Keep the locker room clean and don't take too long in there

2. There's a lot of traffic 

3. We are good defensively and Jacob is a great backstopper

4. Goon squad, but for real, we just play a more physical game than other teams

5. Only do foul play when the ref isn't looking

6. A public pool, because it'd be funny to watch people attempt to play hockey when there standing in water

1. Being friendly and helping eachother out.

2. Well, it's good to have so many new faces, pushing us to get better and better.

3. Because we're that awesome on defense. Keeping teams from getting high danger chances.

4. We punish our opponents, making them earn their spot on the ice.

5. He should keep it up, hit em hard and hit em often. And playing dirty makes the other team think twice.

6. I think a game on a real frozen pond would be dope. Going back to the roots.

On 10/5/2020 at 11:55 PM, DMaximus said:

image.png.7b998295ed936b119af7baf58894a814.png

Edited by Callahan

New questions for Week ending 10/18. Answer all 6 and claim for 2 TPE.

1)      The trade deadline has passed. How does the roster look to you?

2)      A full roster means less ice time for everyone. What are your thoughts on your current ice time?

3)      Newly acquired defenseman Bob Tristan (@n0hbody) has shown he’s able to find the net extremely efficiently, scoring on 66% of shots taken so far. Why do you think his shooting % is so high?

4)      Recently signed defenseman Roman Grachev (@humiller) excels at blocking shots, leading all new waiver signees with 17 shots blocked. What does it say about him as a player to block so many shots?

5)      The VHL regular season is heating up and looks like it will go right down to the end. Do you pay attention to the VHL? Why or why not?

6)      You get a 1 hour lesson with any NHL player on a single skill. Who are you picking and what are you working on? Why?

1. The roster seems to be okay

2. I'm happy with my current ice time

3. He has a good sniping ability

4. He's a great defenseman

5. No, since Im in the minors, I put more attention to my current place

6. Ovi, I want to know how to get the puck in the net

11 minutes ago, DMaximus said:

The roster looks great, we’ve got a bunch of news who are eager to work hard and some older more experience players to help lead

2)      A full roster means less ice time for everyone. What are your thoughts on your current ice time?

I feel good about my ice time, we just need to make sure we make the most of our ice time

3)      Newly acquired defenseman Bob Tristan (@n0hbody) has shown he’s able to find the net extremely efficiently, scoring on 66% of shots taken so far. Why do you think his shooting % is so high?

I think he just has an innate sense to find those opens spots around the goaltender 

4)      Recently signed defenseman Roman Grachev (@humiller) excels at blocking shots, leading all new waiver signees with 17 shots blocked. What does it say about him as a player to block so many shots?
It just shows he’s willing to bring his A game and leave everything he can on the ice.

5)      The VHL regular season is heating up and looks like it will go right down to the end. Do you pay attention to the VHL? Why or why not? 
I try to pay attention cause I was drafted by Malmo and I like to be able to support them in spirit until I can help them on the ice.

6)      You get a 1 hour lesson with any NHL player on a single skill. Who are you picking and what are you working on? Why?

As unoriginal as it sounds I have to say Ovechkin. And I’d work on my one timers. He’s just one of those players who loves the game and plays like it’s more than a job.

1) I'm fine with the roster at the moment

2) Yeah I'm a little disappointed but the team is loaded on rw, I just feel my production is not where it could be

3) I think it's really great not sure how

4) He's just such a great shutdown defenseman

5) No not really I don't care for the VHL as i'm still down here doing my best to win

6) McDavid, if I had wheels like that...

4 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1. The roster looks good. We are all growing and active!

2. I feel like it is fair. We all have to work hard for our spot and make our time on the ice count.

3. He is taking smart shots. Of course growing up you always hear, "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take" but not all shots are prime scoring chances they he has.

4. Its amazing how many blocked shots he has.  He has guts to stand in front of those shots. I don't think I have the courage to block that many shots!

5. I try to keep all my attention on the VHLM and focus on our games. Until our season is over I will 100% be devoted to our team.

6. Nikita Kucherov. He puts up insane numbers every year and I'd love to learn from the best to grow in the RW position.

1. Fine with the roster the guys seem to be improving and hoping to have a good push into the playoffs

2. Ice time has been slim with a full roster but I'm hoping to keep working hard and moving up in the roster.

3. Tristy gets pucks on net plain and simple. keeps em low and allows to for great rebounds for the boys up front.

4. Grachev is a mad man. He'll get in front of anything to be honest. In the locker room he was telling me when he was growing up his dad would shoot pucks at him without pads on to "toughen him up" and the crazy thing is, I believe it.

5. I don't pay too much attention to the VHL at the moment. I've been focused on my training and keeping the Reapers in a nice playoff spot. The team comes first.

6. Jack Eichel, his snap shot is the quickest I've seen in a long time. I need to get to that level

1)      The trade deadline has passed. How does the roster look to you?

I think this roster will be fine for the rest of the season, it is a young team looking to improve and we will. Hopefully we can hold onto the final playoff spot and the young guys can get some valuable experience.

2)      A full roster means less ice time for everyone. What are your thoughts on your current ice time?

It's fine, the more the merrier, it will keep me fresh for the rest of the season

3)      Newly acquired defenseman Bob Tristan (@n0hbody) has shown he’s able to find the net extremely efficiently, scoring on 66% of shots taken so far. Why do you think his shooting % is so high?

Because he knows the goalies weaknesses already, hes not sharing it so far but we will pry it out of him.

4)      Recently signed defenseman Roman Grachev (@humiller) excels at blocking shots, leading all new waiver signees with 17 shots blocked. What does it say about him as a player to block so many shots?

He is selfless and will do whatever he can to help the team win, we need a lot more players like that to win and he is a good player to keep around

5)      The VHL regular season is heating up and looks like it will go right down to the end. Do you pay attention to the VHL? Why or why not?

I don't pay attention to the VHL, i probably should as i am draft eligible but we will see, whoever I go to will be happy to get me.

6)      You get a 1 hour lesson with any NHL player on a single skill. Who are you picking and what are you working on? Why

Kris Russell so I can learn how to block more shots and block them without getting in the goalies way.

8 hours ago, DMaximus said:

Everyone is improving and slowly getting grounded for the last roster free spots, as newbies just arrived

Competitivness can't do any harm, unless you are James Harden minded guy

Could be luck, but you always have to earn it, and this guy proves it.

He plays for the wins and players like him is extremely important who don't care how it can hurt when you block it.

I focus more on VHLM, because there is my job, will see what's up when draft is coming.

Pavel Datsyuk with his huge experience and incredible playmaking skills

9 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1) i'm excited to see all the new faces in town! Hopefully we can string together a few more wins to finish off the season

2) i'm glad to continue to start most games. Glad I have some backup now if I need it

3) See I passed on some advice ("Don't miss"), glad he is making progress on that.

4) Thank you. Thank you. He is my favourite

5) I haven't really yet since I have been very busy with school. But maybe I should pay attention a bit more.

6) I would like to book a "how to be an actual wizard" with Andrei Vasilevskiy. every time he plays my poor Leafs he just goes beast mode on them, and obviously I want to know how to do that for... personal reasons.

13 hours ago, DMaximus said:

The roster looks good for what the team could claim off of waivers

I'm pleased with my ice time, im getting points and that's really all I could ask for

I've just got that natural scoring talent LOL

It's something he's really good at and will probably advance his career with that ability

I don't really pay attention to it since im not apart of it, it doesn't affect me, even though it is the higher league I just don't pay attention unless there's something worth paying attention for.

Kris Letang because he has a good sense of defense and being able to score.

New question for week ending 10/25, answer all 6 and claim for 2 TPE:

1)      Two games remain in the season. Philly sits in the final playoff spot with a 1-point lead over Miami, who has a game in hand. Who’s making the playoffs?

2)      Defensemen Bob Tristan and Shawn Andrei Zyuzin got 1st stars in recent games. Why do you think we’ve had an increase in points from our defense?

3)      Forward Justin Lose leads the team with 0.88 points per 20 minutes played. Why is he able to score so consistently?

4)      Do you prefer to play home games or away games? How come?

5)      The Reapers recently installed a “rage room”, a room where you can just go crazy and smash and break stuff when you need to release some built-up rage. What item(s) do you like breaking the most?

6)      It’s Halloween soon, you get to request one type of candy to get added to the locker room candy stash. What are you asking for? Why?

1. Us, duh

2. They put TPE in the right places

3. He has a lot of TPE in scoring and defense

4. I about the difference between home or away

5. Smaller objects like glass cups, you can practice free throws

6. Almond joy, because I wanna watch the world burn

27 minutes ago, DMaximus said:

1)      Two games remain in the season. Philly sits in the final playoff spot with a 1-point lead over Miami, who has a game in hand. Who’s making the playoffs?

2)      Defensemen Bob Tristan and Shawn Andrei Zyuzin got 1st stars in recent games. Why do you think we’ve had an increase in points from our defense?

3)      Forward Justin Lose leads the team with 0.88 points per 20 minutes played. Why is he able to score so consistently?

5)      The Reapers recently installed a “rage room”, a room where you can just go crazy and smash and break stuff when you need to release some built-up rage. What item(s) do you like breaking the most?

6)      It’s Halloween soon, you get to request one type of candy to get added to the locker room candy stash. What are you asking for? Why?

1. We have been working hard all year. I believe we can squeak by and make it to the playoffs.

2. It must be the fact that our forwards are covering them on d when they pinch. I have a lot of respect that they can keep the puck out of our net and put it in the opponents.

3. Oh hey! That's me! I've been working hard with the coaching staff and trainers to really improve my shot. I'm currently working on skating so I can break free from everyone and hopefully get some breakaway goals :)

4. Obviously home games are amazing. The atmosphere of getting a goal or winning the game is incredible. Shout out to all the Reaper fans!

5. Oh man this is a tough one. I would honestly love to break some old tvs. Just get all my anger out and smash a tv screen.

6. Milky Way all day. Anything else is F tier candy. Fight me

41 minutes ago, DMaximus said:

Philly without a doubt.

They bring a lot of talent to the team and it was a great move by their GM to pick them up

He is insanely skilled and should be in the big leagues with those stats

Home because the fans will hardly ever boo you

Windows, so much fun

Hot Tamales, by far the most underrated halloween candy.

44 minutes ago, DMaximus said:

1) Us. That's it

2) I've been working on putting the puck out to my defencemen, hopefully getting us back into transition more

3) Our transition game has definitely improved and luckily it's panning out for our forwards.

4) Away, I love travelling and I always feel calmer on the road

5) I'm not much of a rager but I love watching the other guys smash anything glass

6) Rolo's, they're too good

Edited by jacobcarson877
accidentally typed my whole thing while not logged in whoops

2 hours ago, DMaximus said:

With all things said and done, I believe that we will make the playoffs. Our team and their team are very similar though, so it could go either way. 

I do believe our scorers have been letting the defenseman have the puck more, which allows them to shoot more, which results in more points for the defense. 

I believe our bottom lines and 2nd line has chipped in more, and with a full team, there are more people for him to finish and set up plays from.

Home games due to having not to travel very far.

Definitely pumpkins, it's always satisfying to smash a pumpkin with a sledgehammer. 

Reese's peanut butter cups, because I love peanut butter. I love the stuff. That or Snickers. 

Marimoto_reaper.jpg.c124eb83899d4fcca14338d6e3ac019d.jpg

4 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1.) Two tough games for us in the remainder of the season but the boys have been buzzing as of late and want to finish off the season strong. Us Philly boys are going to finish strong and skate right into the playoffs.

2.) Tristy and Z have been making big plays for us offensively recently, they've been keeping the puck in the offensive zone and making sure the puck doesn't stay in our defensive zone for too long. Plus it also helps when Z has a slap shot of 100mph...that will certainly help get the puck past the keeper.

3.) Justin has been playing great, his positioning is unbelievable. He seems to always be at the right place at the right time.

4.) Personally, I like both for different reasons. Home games are great to play in front of the home fans and feeling that energy where as away games I like to travel. I love going to different rinks and different parts of the country and see the growth of the game of hockey.

5.) Theres nothing like swinging a hockey stick or 9 iron through a TV. The fact that Dmax actually LIKED the rage room idea is unbelievable and its clearly been working because our play recently has been great.

6.) Left Twix. I'm a Left Winger and I'm a lefty in all other sports. I gotta stick to what I know.