Philadelphia Reapers Press Conference

BladeMaiden

1) Big Announcement within the VHLM of the new Junior System for overflow players, what are your thoughts on the new “expansion” to the Minors?

RB: Well, I like the idea since I was think they should implement something like this and may have commented on such in the past few weeks when issue of all the players were being discussed but I cannot take credit for something I might have just suggested or liked. Naming it Juniors for me is a bit weird as it seems that we are Juniors in the VHLM so this new league should be Minor Hockey or Major Midget? It is a short term fix but might be a good long term fix if we continue to have huge influx of players. But then again Expansion would be required again at some point.

2) This is offseason week, both VHL and VHLM drafts have passed and with last seasons influx of recruits the Reapers are starting the season with 12 Forwards 5 D and 2 G for almost a full 4 lines. This means Ice time is going to change a lot for most players and how does this make you feel? 

RB: At the end of the day I am not concerned about ice time as that is up to the coaches and General Managers to worry about. Staying in control of the things that you can control will make yourself a more situational player that team will look to when and if the situation arises. Focus on my own development; that of my teams mates and ice time shouldn't be an issue.  

3) What role do you see yourself playing for the S75 Reapers Squad?

RB:  What ever the team requires be it first line center, second or third, power-play or PK. These are the things that I cannot control but I can control my development and if I want a larger role on the team then I simple need to prove that I can out play and develop my game better and faster then others in those roles. Realistically I am looking at second or third line center role, with maybe secondary power-play but again this isn't my choice. 

4) If there’s one thing everyone in Philadelphia needs to know about you what is it?

RB:  LOL, Not that I can think of!! At least without coming across as "A". But I am team driven just as much as I am development driven so what ever is best for the team or my development is what I am going to back. Being with the Reapers this season after our draft we have a very good team so I can only focus on helping the team win as much as we can and try to earn the ice time based on my development. 

5)What are your personal goals as an individual any milestones in particular you’re looking to reach?

RB: I would like to cap out at 250 TPE by the end season and earlier the better; without earning over so that I can help the team in a push for the league this season. Has me pumped to be on a much stronger team this season and seeing what numbers I can put together with better players. I would also like to improve defensively as I finished last season at -27 on a bad defensive team and I would like to see if I can improve to a point per game or more this season after being close to a point per game last season. It will be interesting to see the growth on and off the ice with the more experience and hopefully a full season of in the VHLM might offer.

6)Where do you see the Reapers sitting right now in the VHLM Power ranking and how do you feel after your draft weekend experience?

RB: I was watching the lead-up to the draft very closely so I did take a strong look at the draft picks every team had collected and was projecting a strong draft from the Reapers this season. I don't think I am incorrect in this aspect but that being said I haven't looked to see what other teams actually accomplished since being drafted but I can say we should easily be top three if all the players can continue to develop and we focus on the team game over the season. Hopefully we don't end up with all the good players being grabbed by VHL teams as the season progress and we can have a strong season and run in the play-offs but Halifax should last season even if you are strong it doesn't mean success. We should be a good team this year but need to maintain and improve our standings.

1) Big Announcement within the VHLM of the new Junior System for overflow players, what are your thoughts on the new “expansion” to the Minors?

I think it will be good for the amount of players we have and trying to keep them engaged and active. It's never fun not being able to play on a team or have very limited minutes

2) This is offseason week, both VHL and VHLM drafts have passed and with last seasons influx of recruits the Reapers are starting the season with 12 Forwards 5 D and 2 G for almost a full 4 lines. This means Ice time is going to change a lot for most players and how does this make you feel? 

It's great that we have a full team. Excited to start and looking forward to the season. Only goal I have is to play well and make the playoffs.

Main role will be from stopping the other team from scoring while providing some veteran leadership since I have been around for a bit in this league.

4) If there’s one thing everyone in Philadelphia needs to know about you what is it?

Super active and always willing to help and talk about player builds. If you need anything, don't be shy and ask!

5)What are your personal goals as an individual any milestones in particular you’re looking to reach?

I want to see if I can break 100 points in the M. Hard task but something that will keep me training and getting better

6)Where do you see the Reapers sitting right now in the VHLM Power ranking and how do you feel after your draft weekend experience?

I would say top 3. Looking at our roster we have a very solid team with some great players. There were a lot of great draft picks in this last draft so a few teams can really shine this season.

10 hours ago, Spence King said:

Press Conference questions for week ending 11/15. Answer all 6 and claim for 2 TPE!

1) I think it's amazing, it will hopefully breed much more activity

2) It makes me want to work even harder for my playing time

3) I don't know exactly, but I'll be a great two-way player for the team

4) I love Philly, and I want to make an impact here

5) I want to have an extremely healthy +/-

6) I see us near the top, I think we have the correct pieces to compete

20 hours ago, Spence King said:

Press Conference questions for week ending 11/15. Answer all 6 and claim for 2 TPE!

1) it is great news that the competition is growing, and I think it will help players, especially goalies to get more playing time.

2) I'm super excited for this season, and I'm assuming my role won't change too much. I'm just hopeful for a deep playoff run.

3) I would assume I will be seeing plenty of starts this season, and i'm hoping to dominate the statline a little. I plan to be pretty active in the locker room as well.

4) The reapers are ready to win ;)

5) Well a VHLM title is certainly in there, but honestly I'm pushing to lead some goalie stats.

6) very close to the top, it's hard to be too sure there are a few teams that look pretty dominant. 

On 11/10/2020 at 9:57 AM, Spence King said:

1)  I'm pretty new so the expansion to the VHLM doesn't really mean that much to me. I don't understand it's implications yet to be honest. It sounds like a good thing, I hope so, I am hoping the league keeps growing stronger and stronger.

2) I fully recognize that I am new, young, and a bit behind on TPE because of when I created. That means that I'm going to be getting a lot less ice time than most of the rest of the team. I know this makes sense, I'm a bit sad about it, and I recognize the necessity of it. I just hope I can contribute well while I am on the ice.

3) For now my build is very strong defensively. I expect to be a 4th liner and hope to make the penalty kill team. Hopefully I can help keep things controlled on the defensive side until I can get my offensive game going.

4) I am a max earner. I will max earn come hell or high water. If I don't max earn for a week then I'm in the hospital.

5) I don't put much stock in personal accolades in hockey. I want to win the cup in the VHLM, then in the VHL. That's my only goals.

6) I lack the expertise to say for sure. I feel like we've got a good chance. If I'm a 4th line, and I'm confident in my build, then I feel we must have a pretty solid team in front of me. Hopefully we can really put together a nice run this season. I think the draft was great. I think we all had a great draft weekend.

Questions for week ending 11/22. Answer all 6 and claim for 2 TPE.

1)      The season is about to begin. What are your expectations for the team this season?

2)      What are your expectations for yourself?

3)      What was your favorite day of the offseason? Why?

4)      You were able to give a tour of the Reapers’ facilities to your family and friends. What was the one thing you made sure to show them?

5)      Too many broken sticks are causing the Reapers to lose money. You’ve been tasked with coming up with an idea for an unbreakable stick. Describe your unbreakable stick.

6)      During the pandemic, the Reapers are going to use life-size cutouts to fill the seats. You can choose one person/character/thing to fill a seat. Who/what are you choosing? Why?

4 minutes ago, DMaximus said:

1)      The season is about to begin. What are your expectations for the team this season?

4)      You were able to give a tour of the Reapers’ facilities to your family and friends. What was the one thing you made sure to show them?

5)      Too many broken sticks are causing the Reapers to lose money. You’ve been tasked with coming up with an idea for an unbreakable stick. Describe your unbreakable stick.

6)      During the pandemic, the Reapers are going to use life-size cutouts to fill the seats. You can choose one person/character/thing to fill a seat. Who/what are you choosing? Why?

1) oh we crushing the league this year

2) I gotta show everyone that I can dominate the league so I can win some VHL time haha.

3) When I hit 250 TPE like yesterday

4) Oh my mom wanted to see the whole thing, we took the WHOLE tour, twice.

5) everyone plays with goalie sticks, it would be funny if nothing else

6) Kermit the Frog, and I will not be answering anything else on the topic.

13 minutes ago, DMaximus said:

1) I expect a championship, we're absolutely loaded throughout the whole lineup. 

2) Be the best role player that I can be, I know next year will be my time to shine

3) First time we did off-ice training, I got my ass kicked and knew I could get back into it soon.

4) The weight room, you have to show what makes us better on the ice for them to truly understand how we improve.

5) We make a stick made out of heavy ass iron, we can barely drag ourselves up and down the ice during practice. It's amazing to train us for games when we use breakable sticks

6) I'm choosing Eric Andre, can you imagine having him at a hockey game?

18 minutes ago, DMaximus said:

I think this team will be a top contender this year.

Have a great season and get close to the 250 limit and probably try to stay down for an extra year.

Whenever the boys decide to go golfing, fun time.

The locker room, as a kid I always thoughts that was one of the coolest parts of a tour.

Slightly thicker shaft.

DMax, I'd love to see him in the stands cheering me on.

11 minutes ago, DMaximus said:

1) After looking at the draft results and peoples power rankings it looks like we should be one of the favorites this season, so I hope we can build on that!

2) That's pretty tough to answer given that I haven't played a game in either the VHL or the VHLM in years, but I want to be a reliable all-situations player that manages to chip in offensively while minimizing mistakes in his own end.

3) Well draft day, obviously! Even though I couldn't follow it live when it happened it still was a great day for my player and I couldn't have been happier with how it went.

4) I would take them to the kitched were the players can either get money from the team chefs or prepare stuff themselves, and have a nice family cookout.

5) Nah I'm not gonna do that because sticks need to break! I for one prefer lighter sticks and to have them break occasionally is part of the process, I really wouldn't want a heavy unbreakable tree branch just to save some money.

6) I'm gonna go with disappointed/unimpressed Michael Scott. He always makes me laugh but at the same time his expression is pretty... demanding so maybe he will help the team give it all every night?

1)      The season is about to begin. What are your expectations for the team this season?

With the amount of depth and talent on this team, this season has to be a cup or bust season

2)      What are your expectations for yourself?

Just hoping to play my best and help the team win the cup. I want to make sure I have a + =/- rating and atleast 50+ points

3)      What was your favorite day of the offseason? Why?

For me it was definitely draft day. Exciting moment for any players career and I am excited I get to do it again next season

4)      You were able to give a tour of the Reapers’ facilities to your family and friends. What was the one thing you made sure to show them?

Being new here, I still don't know the in's and outs of the facilities but I would definitely show them the locker room. Looks great, is high tech and it's where majority of the time is spent by players

5)      Too many broken sticks are causing the Reapers to lose money. You’ve been tasked with coming up with an idea for an unbreakable stick. Describe your unbreakable stick.

Some sort of carbon fiber that is used on planes which should make it durable enough to not break. If it's good enough for plane safety, it should be good enough for hockey

6)      During the pandemic, the Reapers are going to use life-size cutouts to fill the seats. You can choose one person/character/thing to fill a seat. Who/what are you choosing? Why?

I would use Mario Lemieux who was one of my favorite players growing up

42 minutes ago, DMaximus said:

1. I'm not 100% sure what to expect. I don't know where we fit into the VHLM. I hope we do well, and I hope I can contribute.
2. I expect to max earn and do everything I can personally to get better. Any way I can improve myself I will seek out and complete.
3. I suppose today? I've found out where I sit on the team. I've made two lines and I'm getting super excited for the season to start.
4. I'd have not shown my family the facilities but perhaps friends. I'd show them the rink. The place where I skate. That is what I love, so that's what I'd be excited to show off.

5. Unbreakable? Impossible. Nearly so? Easy enough, assuming that the investment is recouped over a long enough period of time. Graphene is the strongest material in the world. Currently it costs about $100.00 to manufacture 1 gram of Graphene. A hockey stick would require about 22 ounces, plus a couple more for the manufacturing process most likely, so for each Hockey stick it would cost $68,038. They would be virtually indestructible. I priced a normal hockey stick at about $270.00. I figure you break about, say 200 sticks in a season as a team that means you are saving $54,000. Since you'd need at least 25 sticks for your team, assuming you kept the sticks and not the players when they left for other pastures, then you'd recoup the cost of the sticks in about 31 and a half years.
6. A cardboard cutout of my cat of course. 

RB: I am thinking Cup of bust as we have a very strong team but I am also concerned saying anything to the such since I watched Halifax last season dominate to collapse in the first round last season. It happens but I hope that we have a better fate. Also too early to really determine where we are going to place since actives and inactives seem to play a large role in a teams success in the VHLM. Miami won  last season with last minute wavier signing placing the team amoungt the best in the league so while it was a surprise run it wasn't either when you look at core that they had. We have a good core with five to six good forwards, two to three really good defense and a great goaltender so we should factor overall throughout the season should everyone stay active. It is the new players that we require to push and develop the team over the top and add more depth to the team.

RB: Looking for stronger stats building off last season as I would love to see a point per game through the regular season but a positive plus minus to go along with the points since it means I am being effective player at both ends of the ice even if I am expected to be more a points producer and goal scorer. I would like to max my potential this season in the first few weeks so that I get a serious look see at the VHL level next season. But in the end this is my first full season in the VHLM and the team is great so I am more then willing to play the team game should have mean a trophy or two at the end of the season. 

RB:  Drafted day I guess but overall I am not a huge off season type of player since I like to continue to build on the different aspect of my game. I understand we all need to take a break from time to time but I find I am more then willing to get back at it by the time the off season is coming to a close.

RB: The games room since I have spent a lot of time playing DD in the past week or two between the workouts and the training camp. Overall, My favorite is the walk from the tunnel to the ice since I always get goosebumps as I make that walk and it is hard to explain how I am going to feel the first time I make that walk for the Reapers knowing that I have made part of my dream come true in playing the in the VHLM full time this season. While it won't be a biggest milestone; I hope. It will always rank as one of the greatest moments knowing that I made it this far in my journey to the VHL and with a big grin, giant step and some hard work I will continue to dominate for the Reapers and progress towards the VHL.

RB: I was going to say just use rubber as it doesn't break but then I remembered that is why I am here in the first place!! LOL!! Only way to make a unbreakable stick is to find Bruce Willis and blood infuse our sticks with his blood or last choice is steel but then we won't be very useful players as we would have to be as strong as an Ox to pick up our sticks. By a good training tool but not good for the game.

RB: Of course I am going to choice the Grim Reaper. Could you imagine coming into a stadium with 20-30 thousand grim reapers with glowing eye and try to not to be unnerved by the experience; especially if we have some of them moving from time to time or actually have some of our staff members dressed up sitting their interaction only once in a while with the players from the other team. Yeah, It would be creepy!! Not only would our team on the ice scary them but so would our Cut-out fan base!!  

14 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1. I am sure, we can be the best team in the league, if we will do our best.

2. I want to be better and better every day and every match and give the wins to the team.

3. Ok. My favourite day was yesterday ( thursday 17.11.), because I was signing my first contract and It was with great team. So what´s better than this?

4. Our locker-room. They have never seen something like that and It could be really interesting for them. 

5. Hmm. Difficult to say. Maybe the easiest way is playing hockey without classic puck, only with plastic one. But it wasn´t be hockey, which we want. So unbreakable stick must be from unbreakable material. But we do not know some material, which is as lightweight as wood and as unbreakable as steel. But maybe find that material and buy a sticks from it could be more  expensive than our classics and breakable stics.

6.Chimpanzee!!  It could be funny to have an ape in the seats with team jersey and scarf! 

1) Expecting a nice long playoff run.

2) score more points than last season.

3) my favorite day of the offseason, is thè last day of the offseason. Because the season is about to start.

4) All the dead bodies of former players in the basement.

5) it's made of pure frozen tears of our opponents. Their sadness keeps the stick from breaking.

6) Sharks with freaking laser beams.

1)      The season is about to begin. What are your expectations for the team this season? I believe this team will win the championship. So much depth it would be hard to believe this team can’t win it.

2)      What are your expectations for yourself?Expectation for my self are to continue to develop and work hard at it. Possibly to work my way up in the lineup.

3)      What was your favorite day of the offseason? Why? My favourite day would have to be draft day. It was exciting not knowing where you would be going and also watching it live was very cool.

4)      You were able to give a tour of the Reapers’ facilities to your family and friends. What was the one thing you made sure to show them? I would show them the gym/fitness room, where we train everyday. My family from Finland would love the sauna’s we got here too.

5)      Too many broken sticks are causing the Reapers to lose money. You’ve been tasked with coming up with an idea for an unbreakable stick. Describe your unbreakable stick.The stick design would be a hard rubber shell basically with an aluminium centre to make sure they are light but solid. They would not break, but after extensive use they would bent very slightly so that’s when you take it to the metal press and straighten it out, good as new! Each player gets two and they will last all season.

6)      During the pandemic, the Reapers are going to use life-size cutouts to fill the seats. You can choose one person/character/thing to fill a seat. Who/what are you choosing? Why?I would have to choose Michael Scott from the office as he is a hockey fan and hilarious. We would have to put him in reapers gear of course !

On 11/10/2020 at 7:01 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

RB: Well, I like the idea since I was think they should implement something like this and may have commented on such in the past few weeks when issue of all the players were being discussed but I cannot take credit for something I might have just suggested or liked. Naming it Juniors for me is a bit weird as it seems that we are Juniors in the VHLM so this new league should be Minor Hockey or Major Midget? It is a short term fix but might be a good long term fix if we continue to have huge influx of players. But then again Expansion would be required again at some point.

RB: At the end of the day I am not concerned about ice time as that is up to the coaches and General Managers to worry about. Staying in control of the things that you can control will make yourself a more situational player that team will look to when and if the situation arises. Focus on my own development; that of my teams mates and ice time shouldn't be an issue.  

RB:  What ever the team requires be it first line center, second or third, power-play or PK. These are the things that I cannot control but I can control my development and if I want a larger role on the team then I simple need to prove that I can out play and develop my game better and faster then others in those roles. Realistically I am looking at second or third line center role, with maybe secondary power-play but again this isn't my choice. 

RB:  LOL, Not that I can think of!! At least without coming across as "A". But I am team driven just as much as I am development driven so what ever is best for the team or my development is what I am going to back. Being with the Reapers this season after our draft we have a very good team so I can only focus on helping the team win as much as we can and try to earn the ice time based on my development. 

RB: I would like to cap out at 250 TPE by the end season and earlier the better; without earning over so that I can help the team in a push for the league this season. Has me pumped to be on a much stronger team this season and seeing what numbers I can put together with better players. I would also like to improve defensively as I finished last season at -27 on a bad defensive team and I would like to see if I can improve to a point per game or more this season after being close to a point per game last season. It will be interesting to see the growth on and off the ice with the more experience and hopefully a full season of in the VHLM might offer.

RB: I was watching the lead-up to the draft very closely so I did take a strong look at the draft picks every team had collected and was projecting a strong draft from the Reapers this season. I don't think I am incorrect in this aspect but that being said I haven't looked to see what other teams actually accomplished since being drafted but I can say we should easily be top three if all the players can continue to develop and we focus on the team game over the season. Hopefully we don't end up with all the good players being grabbed by VHL teams as the season progress and we can have a strong season and run in the play-offs but Halifax should last season even if you are strong it doesn't mean success. We should be a good team this year but need to maintain and improve our standings.

who did this sig !?!? we need to hire him in philly !! @DMaximus

:ReaperLogo:Philadelphia Reapers S75 Press Conference #1:ReaperLogo:

For week ending NOV 29

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

1:The Reapers have been the hottest team in the VHL community after week 1 being named #1 in the weekly Power Rankings, what X-Factor is it that makes the Reapers the the top team ? 

2. What has been your biggest surprise so far this season/offseason

3.Captain since S73 Darius Marimoto recently made his way onto the top 10 Philadelphia Reapers Career PTS scoring list. What stat is most important (be it advanced/corsi] to you and are there any statistical goal of yours ?

4.Are you a member of the SBA or the EFL if so tag a teammate thats also a VHLer

5.The Captains have been finalized for S75, who do you think will be named the team leadership group going forward ?

6.How have you felt about your ice time over the first 11 games ?  

Edited by Spence King

3 hours ago, Spence King said:

For week ending NOV 29

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

1:The Reapers have been the hottest team in the VHL community after week 1 being named #1 in the weekly Power Rankings, what X-Factor is it that makes the Reapers the the top team ? 

3.Captain since S73 Darius Marimoto recently made his way onto the top 10 Philadelphia Reapers Career PTS scoring list. What stat is most important (be it advanced/corsi] to you and are there any statistical goal of yours ?

4.Are you a member of the SBA or the EFL if so tag a teammate thats also a VHLer

5.The Captains have been finalized for S75, who do you think will be named the team leadership group going forward ?

1. The x factor is the great team. Here in Reapers has everyone his role and everyone is doing his job for 110 percent. This is our winning power.

2.Uff, difficult to say. I can not think to anything

3. I want to have a save percentage over 90 percent all the time and more wins than loses. Nothing special.

4.Nope. I have no idea what it is :-))

5. Maybe Jacob Carson, if it is possible to be captain as goalie. 

6. I have 0 in ice-time column, but it is expecting. We are team wich has potencial to be very high and is better when is in the net better goalie. I will wait for my opportunity. 

3 hours ago, Spence King said:

For week ending NOV 29

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

1) We're just a really deep team. We had a lot of picks in a deep VHLM draft and got a lot of good players, plus were able to keep a few guys around like Carson and Miramoto.

2) I have to say I'm pretty surprised with Moscow's struggles in the VHL so far - I think they have a solid team on paper and should be better than that. But it's pretty early on anyway.

3) I think if you have to judge a player off of only one stat, points is easily the way to go. I'm a huge stats guy but I think hockey has a really long way to go before developing reliable advanced stats, if it's even possible at all.

4) I have a player in the EFL, currently a freshman in the EFCA with the Death Valley Rangers. fishy and Tate are on that team and I think McWolf is an alum

5) I think we'll see Jacob Carson in the leadership group. I was on a team with a goalie as captain last year (Rasputin in Miami) so I'm used to that situation. Carson is a Reaper vet and a heck of a player.

6) I mean, I'm playing a lot, no complaints here. I think obviously there are some players on this team that aren't getting the minutes they would like, it can happen when you're on a team this deep but every member of this team is important and playing a key role in the success we have!

1. I think our defense has really been the thing that has set us apart. Our ability to stop the puck, whether it's been on 5v5 or on the penalty kill, has been exceptional.

2. My lack of offensive output has been a surprise to me. I haven't even been getting shots off. I need to up my game, that much is for sure.

3. I want to be a goal scorer. I'd like to end up on the Reapers Career Goal Scored List someday.

4. I am not, I don't even know what those are.

5. I don't know but I sure hope Jacob Carson is one of them. I really think he deserves it. His activity in the locker room and his positive attitude are really great. 

6. My ice time has been great! I have no complaints about that whatsoever. Even being 4th line I'm fine with my time, making the penalty kill team has really helped a lot with my ice time.

11 hours ago, Spence King said:

For week ending NOV 29

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

1. Man we are doing so well! It feels good man. I think our X factor is that we have so many X factors, we aren't running with 1 star, we've got like 8. That's special.

2. Honestly the amount of shots we are getting, y'all are shooting like crazy I love it.

3. First off, congrats man! Second, I really want to have at least a .910 and hopefully like a 2.5 GAA or less. But most importantly to me are the wins baby!

4. I am not.

5. Man we have such an active locker room, it could be anyone and I'm super excited for anyone to join that leadership group.

6. I certainly can't complain haha. I figure I'll be getting most of the starts anyways so I'm not worried

9 hours ago, Spence King said:

For week ending NOV 29

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

1. I would say it is our Depth for sure as we picked up so much quality in the draft in all positions. Many teams manage to get themselves a nice top-line, but few have the strength further down the roster that we do.

2. My own production if I dare say so. I don't expect it to last but leading the league in assists after the first few sims has been really nice, especially since I expected a rather quiet rookie season.

3. Cups. The end.

4. I am not, I am a member of the SHL and the recently deceased GOMHL though.

5. There are so many deserving candidates on the team that it is really tough to choose from. Addison McLaren would be one of my personal favorites but there are so many more!

6. I'm very happy with it, getting regular top-4 and special teams time is not what I expected right out of the gate on such a good team!

All the talent the team has come across from the draft this past offseason has really helped.

How hot of a start we're off to.

Defense, that's my job and I want to do it well.

I'm not a member

It's honestly a mystery so many guys come and go it'll be hard to tell.

I feel that I've really been underperforming and need to do a bit better if I want more ice time.

Answer: Great General Manager and Assistant Manager that decided to collect a lot of great players that seem to have come together very quickly. Overall we simply have a good team that is very balanced up and down the line-up at the moment with a strong scoring line, great defensive line and great grinding line matched with good defensive and great goaltending; and everything comes up looking smelling like roses. The key will be making sure that it smells after a few weeks, months etc.... 

2. What has been your biggest surprise so far this season/offseason?

Answer: Simply my players stats to start the season has been strong at well over a point per game. Didn't expect that but I think this has been added by the linemates also adding a bunch of points per game. I think this might slow a bit as the season goes a long but it is time to ride the wave. Also the start to the season with a very long winning streak beating Miami a few times before we finally lost to them the other day. It has been a very strong and impressive start but we need to maintain the pace of the season and then play-offs. 

3.Captain since S73 Darius Marimoto recently made his way onto the top 10 Philadelphia Reapers Career PTS scoring list. What stat is most important (be it advanced/corsi] to you and are there any statistical goal of yours?

Answer: I never look at the stats because at the end of the day it matters more that they team makes the play-offs compared to individual stats but I am also always simple looking to see my stat line improve based on whatever I am focusing on training wise. Currently face-offs are not the best so working in that area will help my line, team and player become that much better. This is what I look for at the end of the day.

4.Are you a member of the SBA or the EFL if so tag a teammate thats also a VHLer?

Answer: Nope, and not even sure what those mean.

Answer: There are so many deserving of any leadership position that it would seem unfair to actually comment to much on the different players that could be named team leader. I have had my say via the voting system and I will be happy with any of those chosen to be leaders. But I will quote you to death if you want: "A leader doesn't set out be a leader but simple sets out to make a difference" and " Good leader knows when to lead and when to step back and give the space while trusting the abilities of others around them to simply get on with the task at hand"  

6.How have you felt about your ice time over the first 11 games?

Answer:  Ice time? What you expect me to answer about ice time? Those that deserve will play and those that don't won't. Ice time? Trying to get me in trouble by asking that question now are we? uh, Ice time!! If I answered that I wasn't happy then I am labelled a trouble maker looking out for this own good but if I answer that I am happy with whatever is decided for me; means I am content and not looking for anything further. SO I am going to say the truth here: I always want more ice time if I am deserving of the ice time and it means that they team will benefit from me getting more ice time. If I am not getting the ice time that I want that is due to the fact that other have earned that ice time and I need to work harder to improve my position within the team to be able to get more ice time. No point complaining about something that you can control only by improving yourself by improving yourself and earning your place. Nothing is given to you in this profession as everything is earned and going back to quotes: "Only through Blood and hard work does one earn success but at the end of the day you are only as good as you are today. Practice makes you prepared for an outcome but doesn't determine the outcome that might be positive or negitive but at the end the outcome is the outcome that cannot be changed but prepare to be your best and your chance of a positive outcome improves. Claim either result as badge of honer as at the end of the day. You earned it either way; positive or negitive"