Philadelphia Reapers Press Conference

BladeMaiden

:ReaperLogo:Philadelphia Reapers S73 Press Conference #1:ReaperLogo:

For week ending Aug 2nd

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

1)     If you were to play any other sport professionally which sport are you most talented in?

2)     Who has been the biggest leader in the Discord locker room so during the first stretch of games?

3)     Does the traveling concern you at all with regards to playing in Covid Hot-Spots such as Miami?

4) What is a goal that you have your mind and heart set on and are most dedicated to achieving this season?

5) Which team has been our biggest rival so far in S73?

6) Let’s get honest, How many Philly Cheese steaks do you honestly eat on average per week?

On 7/27/2020 at 7:43 AM, Spence King said:

For week ending Aug 2nd

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

1)     If you were to play any other sport professionally which sport are you most talented in?

2)     Who has been the biggest leader in the Discord locker room so during the first stretch of games?

3)     Does the traveling concern you at all with regards to playing in Covid Hot-Spots such as Miami?

4) What is a goal that you have your mind and heart set on and are most dedicated to achieving this season?

6) Let’s get honest, How many Philly Cheese steaks do you honestly eat on average per week?

1) honestly it would have to be soccer as I spent much of my youth playing both hockey and soccer.

2)Darius Marimoto has been a huge voice in the locker room 

3)it does concern me but I’m thankful to our manager for keeping our safety above everything else and making sure we avoid any undue risk.

4) my biggest goal this season is learning what I can to some of the veterans on the team so I can hopefully prove to my manager that he made the right choice in picking me up.

5) from my experiences so far I would have to say Miami

6) Way to many to count. While I miss some of the greasy southern food from my home in Alabama Philly cheesesteaks have more than filled that void.

Edited by Cwalker

On 7/27/2020 at 8:43 AM, Spence King said:

For week ending Aug 2nd

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

I am actually pretty talented in baseball, so I would play that.

I would say myself and Carson Walkers. 

If we follow all CDC guidelines, wear a mask, and social distance, we should be fine. But, I am still worried about all of Florida. 

Definitely making myself a solid, aggressive presence on the ice. I also want to make myself a good player to be around in the locker room and a solid leader.  

Definitely either Minnesota or Miami. They have been our opponent for many of our games, and some have been pretty close and heated. 

To be honest, 14 per week, around 2 per day. You can never have too many Philly cheesesteaks. 

:ReaperLogo:Philadelphia Reapers S73 Press Conference #2:ReaperLogo:

For week ending Aug 9th

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

1) With the first 24 games of the season in the books and ¼ of the Season in, How do you feel about the teams current position?

2) The Reapers have made a major surge in production over the last week, what was the key factor leading to this newly found consistency?

3)Tell us some more insight about the newest member of the Reaper Family, rookie defenceman from Denmark Jacoby Buckfast @AnthonyOuellet?

4)The Reapers have officially named 1st Gen @dariusmarimotoman Team Captain of the S73 Philadelphia Reapers Succeeding S72's Co-Captains @Big Bob and @Spence King , as well as fellow rookie and 1st gen user @Cwalker being named Assistant Captain. To you Personally , what does it mean to wear a letter on your jersey and what is that significance ?

5) Will Halifax finish the season with less than 10 wins ?

6) How can the VHLM change the recruitment system for new players to make sure each team has at-least 6 Forwards and 4 D before any team can have more than those minimums requirements, to ensure each team has a real roster ?

17 hours ago, Spence King said:

For week ending Aug 9th

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

1) With the first 24 games of the season in the books and ¼ of the Season in, How do you feel about the teams current position?

I feel like we can push for the postseason, but we need to take it slow and focus on winning one game at a time.

2) The Reapers have made a major surge in production over the last week, what was the key factor leading to this newly found consistency?

I believe the fact that we all came together as a team. People were more into each game and put in more effort when we kept on encouraging everyone to forget each loss and move on to the next game. 

3)Tell us some more insight about the newest member of the Reaper Family, rookie defenceman from Denmark Jacoby Buckfast @AnthonyOuellet?

From his play as of recently, he seems like a great top 4 defenseman. great backcheck and his PK skills are pretty good as well. 

4)The Reapers have officially named 1st Gen @dariusmarimotoman Team Captain of the S73 Philadelphia Reapers Succeeding S72's Co-Captains @Big Bob and @Spence King , as well as fellow rookie and 1st gen user @Cwalker being named Assistant Captain. To you Personally , what does it mean to wear a letter on your jersey and what is that significance ?

For me, the honor of wearing a "C" on my sweater, for such an amazing and talented team, makes me proud to know that I'm a leader of a great group of players. 

I would say less. More like seven.

6) How can the VHLM change the recruitment system for new players to make sure each team has at-least 6 Forwards and 4 D before any team can have more than those minimums requirements, to ensure each team has a real roster ?

Make a player recruitment program. I'm not a GM so I don't know the exact process, but make a system of filters to narrow down what you are looking for in a player.

Marimoto_reaper.jpg.ff3db58d0d7fc2556cf76dc8b953f7f2.jpg

Edited by dariusmarimotoman

On 8/2/2020 at 7:54 PM, Spence King said:

For week ending Aug 9th

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

1) While we still struggle with some teams I feel we’ve made a lot of progress in training and I feel like we can push for some of those tops spots coming into the rest of the season.

2) I think the main factor is we’ve all gotten comfortable with each other and are able to link up a lot more effectively.

3) From these past free games, he seems like a determined player willing to push himself for the team. He’s been great on both defense and when we have the puck. So in my opinion if he keeps working hard like he is now, he’ll be a superstar in a few years

4) I’m honored to wear the A on my jersey and to me it shows I’ve proven myself to the managers, fans and the team and they trust me to help lead the team.

5) I will have to say yes, though they do have a few good players they just aren’t linking up and pushing for those wins.

6) As a player and not a gm it’s hard for me to say anything with any certainty, but I would have to say a system that notifies only teams that need that position and player so they can be the first to offer contracts.

:ReaperLogo:Philadelphia Reapers S73 Press Conference #3:ReaperLogo:

For week ending Aug 16th

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

1) What has been the most difficult part of transitioning to the VHLM?

2) Will you be paying attention to the VHL WJC this week?

3)Do you have any pre-game superstitious rituals ?

4)Were closing in on the halfway mark of the season, what has been the most memorable moment of your career to date?

5)The fans in Philly have been blasting social media saying @dariusmarimotoman  as well as @AnthonyOuellet know of some players back in their hometown that would be a great fit for Philly, do you have any info on this subject?

6)It looks like the Reapers are in some serious trade talks to bringing in veteran presence , if you yourself ever found yourself in the midst of trade talks what are some things you would expect ? 

1 hour ago, Spence King said:

For week ending Aug 16th

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

Really just keeping up with doing weekly TPE tasks, and just trying to be as high as possible in the vhl draft.

Yes, I am representing team Asia! 

Just a couple of handshakes with the boys, some stretches, and some runs on skates around the arena.

4)Were closing in on the halfway mark of the season, what has been the most memorable moment of your career to date?

I believe having the honor of being the Reapers Captain for the S73 season. I still can't believe my career has gone this far within a span of less than a full season.

5)The fans in Philly have been blasting social media saying @dariusmarimotoman  as well as @AnthonyOuellet know of some players back in their hometown that would be a great fit for Philly, do you have any info on this subject?

Well, being that I'm one of those people, I can assure you that he will be looking into signing up and potentially joining the Philadelphia Reapers soon.

6)It looks like the Reapers are in some serious trade talks to bringing in veteran presence , if you yourself ever found yourself in the midst of trade talks what are some things you would expect ? 

I would expect to go to a winning and welcoming team, have me be worth at least a 3rd rounder, and help our organization by getting traded for a key piece to the team. 

Edited by dariusmarimotoman

On 8/10/2020 at 7:23 PM, Spence King said:

For week ending Aug 16th

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

1) Pushing to get those tpe tasks done.

2) I’ll probably be keeping an eye on it but won’t take my full attention.

3) It may sound a little weird but due to growing up playing soccer, I like to juggle a ball around to kind of center myself and relax.

4) It would have to be my first goal. The rush from scoring for the first still sticks with me.

5)I don’t really have anything to say on the subject

6) I’d trust that the managers are doing what’s best for the team and I hope I can impress whatever team I’d go to.

On 8/10/2020 at 8:23 PM, Spence King said:

For week ending Aug 16th

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

the traveling no questions asked ,  this is a very tolling and time consuming proffesion

FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY again ...

i like to run around the area 14 times before getting dressed 

Definitely playing in the finals last season, even though i didnt tough the ice much the atmosphere was amazing and thats a once in a lifetime opportunity

Funny you ask this, I have been in talks with several players that are now getting there drive to put the laces back on after watching some NHL hockey

Well then...... Here I am :) LOL 

For week ending Aug 16th

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

1.) the time away from my friends

2.) no, sadly i missed it

3.) i have to drink a litre of chocolate  milk the day before a game

4.) i just joined the season so the memorable moments are yet to come

5.) im new in town so i have no info

6.)  i was recently just signed with the reapers... not much more to say

1) What has been the most difficult part of transitioning to the VHLM? It's been a big change coming from smaller leagues to the big show in the VHLM, definitely a learning process

2) Will you be paying attention to the VHL WJC this week? Absolutely, seeing all the guys repping their countries is always a good show

3) Do you have any pre-game superstitious rituals? Arrive early and survey the rink, take mental notes and work on my stick handling in the locker room while the boys arrive.

4) Were closing in on the halfway mark of the season, what has been the most memorable moment of your career to date? Joining up with the Reapers has been a highlight in of itself, but I'm sure it won't be the only memorable moment on the Reapers! Memorable would probably be my first goal, that's always a fond memory to look back on down the line in the career

5) The fans in Philly have been blasting social media saying @dariusmarimotoman  as well as @AnthonyOuellet know of some players back in their hometown that would be a great fit for Philly, do you have any info on this subject? Considering I just got here, nope 

6) It looks like the Reapers are in some serious trade talks to bringing in veteran presence , if you yourself ever found yourself in the midst of trade talks what are some things you would expect ? I'd hope that the team gets every piece they need to be a better team, and wish nothing but the best to my now former teammates. Got nothing but love for the City of Brotherly Love!

For week ending Aug 16th

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

Well I just got here. So, finding my locker.

No, but I will next season.

Have sock puppet arguments with myself.

Getting my first goal as a member of the Reapers.

If you're a good player you'll make a great fit here.

Openness and honestly.

:ReaperLogo:Philadelphia Reapers S73 Press Conference #4:ReaperLogo:

For week ending Aug 30th

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

1: The Reapers have just recently brought on some LEGENDARY users and twin towers on the blue line @gorlab & @Kylrad, @McLovin, @MMFLEX and star Center Pistil Statemen just for a few names to mention,  how have these players impacted the teams LR on discord ?

2. After the Trade deadline passing last week and some huge waiver signings the Reapers are looking to be a real threat and Potential Founders Cup Dark horses. Do you believe the Reapers have a roster that can win it all this season ?

3. How often do you check the draft rankings and your projected draft rankings either VSN or VHSC or what are your thoughts on this subject?

4. Who is your pick for winning the 2020 NHL Playoffs ?

5. With the recent GOMHL crossover and SBA partnership extension , are any of you members of an affiliate sim league or any other sim league ?

6.Which VHLM club has been our biggest rival this season ?

19 minutes ago, Spence King said:

For week ending Aug 30th

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

1: The Reapers have just recently brought on some LEGENDARY users and twin towers on the blue line @gorlab & @Kylrad, @McLovin, @MMFLEX and star Center Pistil Statemen just for a few names to mention,  how have these players impacted the teams LR on discord ?

2. After the Trade deadline passing last week and some huge waiver signings the Reapers are looking to be a real threat and Potential Founders Cup Dark horses. Do you believe the Reapers have a roster that can win it all this season ?

3. How often do you check the draft rankings and your projected draft rankings either VSN or VHSC or what are your thoughts on this subject?

5. With the recent GOMHL crossover and SBA partnership extension , are any of you members of an affiliate sim league or any other sim league ?

1) They've been real friendly and polite and have really helped made the integration to team a lot smoother by easily bonding with the team.

2)I truly believe if we all put in a 110% and leaving everything out there on the ice we can win it all, but we need to work as a team to manage it.

3) I only check it every now and then, i'm not too worried about my rankings i'm just focusing on this season and proving myself to the team.

4) My money is on Vegas

5) No, this is the first sim league I've ever joined.

6) With such great teams in the VHLM in hard too choose who are biggest rival. For a bit I considered Mississauga as our biggest rival and other teams I considered Miami.

1 hour ago, Spence King said:

For week ending Aug 30th

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

Most of them are great. One of them really really sucks tho.

They can. Once you get to the playoffs it's all about heart.

I get tagged and check it out. It's a cool idea to include in the league, but I don't care what math says about my rankings.

Red Wings.

EFL and SBA

The one that we blew by for the playoff spot. ?

1: The Reapers have just recently brought on some LEGENDARY users and twin towers on the blue line @gorlab & @Kylrad, @McLovin, @MMFLEX and star Center Pistil Statemen just for a few names to mention,  how have these players impacted the teams LR on discord ? Everybody has made coming back to Philly a welcoming experience, and I've loved every moment of being back here so far.

2. After the Trade deadline passing last week and some huge waiver signings the Reapers are looking to be a real threat and Potential Founders Cup Dark horses. Do you believe the Reapers have a roster that can win it all this season ? Anything is possible, and I definitely see the Reapers being a threat to teams that'll underestimate us.

3. How often do you check the draft rankings and your projected draft rankings either VSN or VHSC or what are your thoughts on this subject? I only check when I'm pinged, and I'm not too worried where I go in the draft, as long as I can return to Helsinki.

4. Who is your pick for winning the 2020 NHL Playoffs ? My hope was the Avalanche, but they're already down 2-0 in their series.

5. With the recent GOMHL crossover and SBA partnership extension , are any of you members of an affiliate sim league or any other sim league ? No, but I imagine I'll check them out

6.Which VHLM club has been our biggest rival this season ? Tough to say as I only just recently came back, but I'd say any team has the potential of being a threat to us coming towards the end of the regular season

1: The Reapers have just recently brought on some LEGENDARY users and twin towers on the blue line @gorlab & @Kylrad, @McLovin, @MMFLEX and star Center Pistil Statemen just for a few names to mention,  how have these players impacted the teams LR on discord ?

Well I am one of these players and I am pretty great but joining the team has been a good time

I just joined the team and dont fully know the strength of others and our team, but anything can happen in the playoffs

Since im in the newest draft class the rankings actually just came out and i do look at them once in awhile as its nice to see how you stack up compared to the competition 

Vegas Golden Knights

I'm in the SHL but its not an affiliate of the VHL

not exactly sure since I'm new to team but lets go with Houston aren't they good and have some members I know 

Edited by Kylrad

6 hours ago, Spence King said:

For week ending Aug 30th

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

1) i have not yet joined discord

2) anything is possible

3.) i take a look at it whenever i get a chance

4) hoping for it to be the Bruins

5) no i am not

6) Miami, wishing we could beat them in a game

17 hours ago, Spence King said:

For week ending Aug 30th

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

I feel like they will bring some different viewpoints to the LR, which could help give our team more diversity. Also, they help liven up the LR just that little bit more. 

Oh yeah, we all seem to work well together. I feel like we can be a huge contender this year. 

For me, often. I like to see where I'm going to end up in the draft rankings (potentially)

I would say Miami, or Houston. They have some great pieces that have already proven to be game changing for both teams. They will be a huge contender in my opinion. 

I used to be a member of the SHL. Now, I've focused my time on the VHL. 

Hands down, Miami or Minnesota. We've played them the most and we've had our battles, whether they were up or down. 

• 3 weeks later...

:ReaperLogo:Philadelphia Reapers S73 Press Conference #5:ReaperLogo:

For week ending Sep 6th

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

1)      We had a massive surge in goal scoring to close out the season after picking up some big name rentals, how confident are you we keep up this pace in S74?
2) What has your experience been like playing in the Philadelphia and the world renowned Reapers crowd?
3) Chicken or beef?
4) What is your favorite drink to celebrate a victory?
5) With only Darius returning officially with the reapers as the VHLM draft is around the corner. How does the thought of never wearing a reapers jersey again make you feel?
6) Who and if any player or GM has had the biggest impact on your career to date?

7 hours ago, Spence King said:

:ReaperLogo:Philadelphia Reapers S73 Press Conference #5:ReaperLogo:

For week ending Sep 6th

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

1)      We had a massive surge in goal scoring to close out the season after picking up some big name rentals, how confident are you we keep up this pace in S74?
2) What has your experience been like playing in the Philadelphia and the world renowned Reapers crowd?
3) Chicken or beef?
4) What is your favorite drink to celebrate a victory?
5) With only Darius returning officially with the reapers as the VHLM draft is around the corner. How does the thought of never wearing a reapers jersey again make you feel?
6) Who and if any player or GM has had the biggest impact on your career to date?

1. i think the reapers will do even better in S74 

2. even though i joined late in the season, i enjoyed it very much and glad i had the chance to start out on this team

3. definitely chicken, its my players name

4. i always enjoy a nice cold glass of chocolate milk... or Smirnoff ice is good to celebrate with

5. im sad to leave this team, but will enjoy the new experiences

6. @dlamb (New York AGM ) recruited me and was a big help in showing me how to receive maximum TPE and make my player better  

:ReaperLogo:Philadelphia Reapers S74 Press Conference #1:ReaperLogo:1366247505_reapersbanner.png.9798681d6c84f858541970c6e80b57aa.png

For week ending SEP 20

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

1)The S74 draft has come and gone for both the VHL and VHLM and being drafted is obviously a once in a lifetime feeling. What was your draft day experience like?

2)     If you were to play any other sport professionally which sport are you most talented in?

3)     Are you an active user in the Philadelphia Reapers Discord locker room?

3)     What SPECIFICALLY was your first thought when getting the call that you are official a Philadelphia Reaper?

5)This is a deep dive into the history books and @DMaximus first Season as GM in PhillyTo new team members, what do you think it means to be a Reaper? For existing team members, how will you teach your new team mates the ways of the Reaper”?

6)The Reapers have had one of the longest standing Team Colors/Jersey, if you had the power to re brand what colors and jersey scheme would you choose?

1366247505_reapersbanner.png.9798681d6c84f858541970c6e80b57aa.png

19 minutes ago, Spence King said:

:ReaperLogo:Philadelphia Reapers S74 Press Conference #1:ReaperLogo:1366247505_reapersbanner.png.9798681d6c84f858541970c6e80b57aa.png

For week ending SEP 20

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

1)The S74 draft has come and gone for both the VHL and VHLM and being drafted is obviously a once in a lifetime feeling. What was your draft day experience like?

I was anxious for who my team will be. I was nervous, but also excited! So glad to be a reaper and a part of the phoenix organization.

2)     If you were to play any other sport professionally which sport are you most talented in?

Baseball definitely. 

Of course! I love to chat with my teammates and my AGM, and GM!

3)     What SPECIFICALLY was your first thought when getting the call that you are official a Philadelphia Reaper?

I was a little shocked, and excited. I was ready to start a new path. 

Becoming the best player I can be before getting the call up to Chicago.

5)This is a deep dive into the history books and @DMaximus first Season as GM in PhillyTo new team

members, what do you think it means to be a Reaper? For existing team members, how will you teach your new team mates the ways of the Reaper”?

I would teach my new Reapers that we take the game of hockey seriously, and that anything is possible in the Reapers sweater. 

6)The Reapers have had one of the longest standing Team Colors/Jersey, if you had the power to re brand what colors and jersey scheme would you choose?

I would use black, orange, and white. I would make the jersey scheme be the flyers.

Marimoto_reaper.jpg.4de5c76f44a1877c1ab6dd2336818bac.jpg

31 minutes ago, Spence King said:

For week ending SEP 20

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

5)This is a deep dive into the history books and @DMaximus first Season as GM in PhillyTo new team members, what do you think it means to be a Reaper? For existing team members, how will you teach your new team mates the ways of the Reaper”?

1) Honestly a little stressful, since goalies are more of a fit thing than a ranking thing. But I'm glad to have found a good new home!

2) I used to be a volleyball guy actually, I really think it helped with my understanding of rebound control.

3) I am now

4) To be honest, since I don't really know all of the teams, my first thought was "uhhh what team just drafted me?"

5) I think that to be a good reaper, you have to work hard, support your teammates, and obviously win big.

6) The colour scheme is kinda sweet as it is, but maybe a little darker, closer to charcoal or just straight black? More emphasis on the scythe? It's pretty sweet though.