Minnesota Storm Press Conference Questions

5/9-5/16

Answer 6 questions to claim 2 TPE

Presser, OFF TOPIC EDITION

1) I usually ask one or two completely random questions, if not more. What is your favorite question you have ever been asked, in here or elsewhere?

2) What is the best thing you have ever cooked? 
3) Do you consider yourself a judgmental person? (no judgement)

4) Would you like to ever move to a different country?

5) Give me your top 3 animals.

6) What would you do on a Friday night if you didn't have a game?

7) What is the best part about Sundays?

1 hour ago, Mr_Hatter said:

5/9-5/16

1) I usually ask one or two completely random questions, if not more. What is your favorite question you have ever been asked, in here or elsewhere? What's your favorite root vegetable.

Mac and cheese

Yes, indeed I do

I've thought about it

Ermines, crows, snakes

Watch a movie

I have practices

1) I usually ask one or two completely random questions, if not more. What is your favorite question you have ever been asked, in here or elsewhere?

When I get asked "Is it hard being so really really ridiculously good looking?"

I'm not a great cook, but I made some good crock pot chili once.

Kinda, I sometimes make snap judgements about things and then ask myself  why the heck I care.

Never say never, but it seems unlikely that I would.

Corgis, penguins, and I duno maybe snakes.

Not working, and F1 races.

On 5/7/2021 at 9:00 PM, Mr_Hatter said:

5/9-5/16

1. On the SBA, I was asked what my favorite Subway sandwich was.

2. There’s this pasta recipe that I got and it is amazing!

3. Yes! I most certainly am!

4. No, the USA is passable enough.

5. Cat, dog,

6. Tucker, who is 19, goes to a bar and drinks, but following the rules is boring, so he travels across the border from Vancouver, so that he’s drinking illegally in the US.

7. Being able to do not much for good reason.

5/9-5/16

1) DRAFT HYPE! How do you think our draft is going to go?

2) Do you think we should go all in on this season?

3) In honor of @NSG88, what is your favorite Subway sandwich?

4) What proverbial hill would you die on? (What common argument are you totally convinced you are right on?)

5) Weekend plans?

6) Who do you think is the nicest commissioner?

7) What hockey figure would you most like to have dinner with?

6 hours ago, Mr_Hatter said:

5/9-5/16

4) What proverbial hill would you die on? (What common argument are you totally convinced you are right on?)

5) Weekend plans?

1. It’s gonna be awesome, man! We’re gonna make amazing selections and win the Cup!

2. Absolutely. It’s time to win it all.

3. Italian Herb & Cheese with cold cuts. It feels amazing to be honored 🥰 

4. Well, it’s the opposite of a proverb, but here it is, “Hard work often pays off later, but procrastination always pays off now.”

5. Band concert and a cookout today

6. I’ll say Quik, because he made me a sig.

7. Tom Wilson. Go Caps :)

I'm not sure where our picks our but I trust the leadership to make good choices.

Yeah, I think what we have right now is good, so if we added a few more big pieces the team would be very strong in my opinion.

3) In honor of @NSG88, what is your favorite Subway sandwich?

I'm a big chicken bacon ranch guy.  Get it with green pepper, spinach, jalapenos and buffalo sauce.

5) Weekend plans?

I spent some time with family to celebrate a nephew's birthday.

They are all swell :)

There are so many good ones to choose from, but I'll choose Joe Sakic.

On 5/14/2021 at 10:13 PM, Mr_Hatter said:

5/9-5/16

5) Weekend plans?

1. Well I'd say pretty good since you got me!!

2. Kinda feel like you have to right? Some of these likely go up next season.

3. ummm no comment since I almost never have subway, sorry DX

4. That gen 4 is the best. (pokemon)

5. Watch Hockey and Overwatch league.

6. Bek?

7. Patrick Marleau!

5/23-5/30 - NEW AGM EDITION!

1. 15 games are under our belt. How do you feel the season is going so far?

2. We recently acquired @Anomalijs, who now leads the team with points currently. Do you think we stole him from Mississauga?

3. Our GM @PatrikLaine just hired some goon named @youloser1337 as the new AGM. What are your thoughts on the hire?

4. We currently have a 3 point lead over Philadelphia and only 6 points back of Halifax. Are we gonna catch Halifax and beat Philly in points this season?

5. The first round of the NHL is almost over. What do you think the most shocking thing was from round 1 so far?

6. What is your go to hobby?

1. We've been killing it. Everything has been clicking for us.

2. Absolutely, he's been incredible this season.

3. I don't really know the guy, but everyone deserves a shot, so I'm looking forward to what he can do.

4. I don't wanna jinx us (Like Ryan O'Reilley did), so I'm just going to say maybe.

5. Connor McDavid not demanding a trade right after the sweep happened.

6. Probably video games or cooking.

1 hour ago, youloser1337 said:

2. We recently acquired @Anomalijs, who now leads the team with points currently. Do you think we stole him from Mississauga?

3. Our GM @PatrikLaine just hired some goon named @youloser1337 as the new AGM. What are your thoughts on the hire?

4. We currently have a 3 point lead over Philadelphia and only 6 points back of Halifax. Are we gonna catch Halifax and beat Philly in points this season?

5. The first round of the NHL is almost over. What do you think the most shocking thing was from round 1 so far?

1. Amazing. I think this team is going to be a contender if we can keep this up.

2. Yes. We absolutely did.

3. Not too familiar with the person although I trust my gm to make the best hire.

4. It’ll be close, but I have faith in this team.

5. Nashville-Carolina being a good series. I thought Carolina was gonna wipe the floor.

6. I am a huge mlb the show fan and I play the games a lot.

19 hours ago, youloser1337 said:

1) Been really pleased with our performance so far. We have nowhere to go but up.

2) For sure. He’s been great so far.

3) It was a great hire.

4) If we continue to implement our game plan the way we have each night, the wins will keep coming.

5) Edmonton getting swept and Washington losing 4 straight.

6) Playing golf.

I just joined the team today, but at the looks of the standings and the current performance we made, I think the season has been great for us!

I think we committed grand larceny and grand theft. Hopefully the cops dont catch our move.

3. Our GM @PatrikLaine just hired some goon named @youloser1337 as the new AGM. What are your thoughts on the hire?
I guess our GM, the one and only loser, signed a guy named youloser, but why ask this question, are you a loser too?!?! (Comedy For PC do not take it serious)

Hacking into my extra perfect clean database and time traveling, yes we will surpass them and finish 20-30 points ahead.

What I found most shocking was that the flames were still playing in the regular season, LOL.

Sleep, Code, Sim leagues.

On 5/25/2021 at 3:41 PM, youloser1337 said:

1. Well, y'all are 15-5-2, pretty damn good!

2. Absolutely, yes y'all did.

3. You'll be an excellent AGM, the self-deprecating humor is a plus for me.

5. I'm not sure it's surprising, but my Capitals lost. :(

6. Staring at computer screens and playing sports simulation games.

I think the season is off to a great start.  We are 3rd overall at the moment, can't complain about that.

Yes, it's always good when someone comes in and makes a big impact.

3. Our GM @PatrikLaine just hired some goon named @youloser1337 as the new AGM. What are your thoughts on the hire?

I'm not too familiar with them but nothing to complain about so far.

We will definitely beat Philly, not sure if we will pass Halifax, they are looking very strong.

To me the Jets sweeping the Oilers as the most surprising thing.

I play a lot of video games as well as board games and tabletop RPGs.

On 5/25/2021 at 1:41 PM, youloser1337 said:

1. pretty good, we're staying near the top.

2. Well considering he's already doing that yes, I do.

3. I don't know who he is but I trust in Patrik's choice.

4. Well I'm doing this late but without cheating and looking at the standings now I'm gonna say yes.

5. For sure the sweep of the Oilers, I didn't think it was a sure fire thing that they we're gonna win because the Jets are good but a sweep? no way.

6. Video games all day everyday.

5/31-6/06 - Memorial Day Edition!

1. Our next 3 games are against Vegas, Yukon and Mexico City. How are you preparing?

2. There are 8 players that are currently on a point per game pace. What do you think about that stat?

3. In Alex Parise's ( @Joker_TM ) first career start in the VHLM, he got a shutout! Do you think he is going to be the a solid starter in the VHL in the future?

4. Dexter Vaughn is also doing incredible! Currently he is considered the #2 goalie in the VHLM. Do you think we struck gold with this goalie rotation?

5. For the players that aren't drafted in the VHL, what is your dream draft team?

6. This seasons is super competitive in the VHL. What are your thoughts on the VHL season so far?

7. In spirit of Memorial Day, what is your go to meal for a BBQ?

8. How did you spend your Memorial Day / What are you doing for Memorial Day?

Shoutout to everyone for their kind words. Also it seems Video Games is the big hobby for most people. That's awesome!

1. Our next 3 games are against Vegas, Yukon and Mexico City. How are you preparing?
Well I mean I am doing my tasks to get as much TPE as allowed, and I am also making sure to load up on chips.

2. There are 8 players that are currently on a point per game pace. What do you think about that stat?
I think that stat sounds good, soon those points will end up being 84 points in total, after the season if they keep getting 1+ point a game!

3. In Alex Parise's ( @Joker_TM ) first career start in the VHLM, he got a shutout! Do you think he is going to be the a solid starter in the VHL in the future?
Yes, A shutout on his first start is definitely a sign of future talent.

4. Dexter Vaughn is also doing incredible! Currently he is considered the #2 goalie in the VHLM. Do you think we struck gold with this goalie rotation?
Yes. We got the best goalies!

5. For the players that aren't drafted in the VHL, what is your dream draft team?
My dream draft team is the Calgary Wranglers because I live in Calgary!

6. This seasons is super competitive in the VHL. What are your thoughts on the VHL season so far?
I think it is a very competitive season this season and it will be hard to win, but we can get through it!

5 minutes ago, youloser1337 said:

3. In Alex Parise's ( @Joker_TM ) first career start in the VHLM, he got a shutout! Do you think he is going to be the a solid starter in the VHL in the future?

Shoutout to everyone for their kind words. Also it seems Video Games is the big hobby for most people. That's awesome!

1. It’s just any other game for me. I don’t care who we play I prepare the same way.

2. That’s amazing. This group works well together and as one of the 8, I can say it’s good when everyone is contributing.

3. If he keeps that up, absolutely.

4. Yeah. As a forward it’s great to have a good goaltender backing you up, especially as a forward who considers defense a weak point in my game.

6. It’s really amazing to see and I can’t wait to be up next year.

7. I always love a really nice hamburger.

8 hours ago, youloser1337 said:

1. Just getting my TPE by doing my tasks, gotta keep getting better.

2. It's a great sign, lots of great players on our team!

3. well it's one game but starting with a shutout is a hell of a way to make an entrance!!

4. Hell yes! As my first player was a goalie this is great to see.

5. Malmo, just love those jerseys man

6. It's interesting to see for sure, so many teams close to each other in points. I don't think any team is going to pull far ahead.

1. Practicing hard and working on the basics

2. hey man thats pretty impressive to see.

3. hell yes I am.

4. yessir we did strike gold with the rotation.

5. I want to go to Riga my boy jareds on the team.

6. Its been real good to watch the games.

1. Just sticking to our game plan. Keep practicing and working together.

2. Hey... that's pretty good! Definitely can't hurt our team.

3. For sure. Guy has loads of potential and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

4. Absolutely. I've never put as much faith in my goaltenders as these guys.

7. Classic, ribs and mashed potatoes with grilled asparagus. 

8. I was at work. It fucking SUUUUUUUCKED. 

I'm not doing anything special, every team can beat us if we don't take them seriously.

It's great, it feels good to be a on a team where everyone is clicking together, as opposed to a team being carried by a few individuals.  It's also good to know that if you are having an off night, other people can be counted on to contribute.

We have a powerhouse offense so it's easy to look over the rest of the team, but having a great goalie in the net is great.

The league has seen teams dominate the regular season and then falter in the first round of the playoffs, so I don't think any team should be too worried yet.

I love just about any meat BBQ'ed.  For cookouts in general I love brats.

I didn't do much, mostly just relaxed as the family wasn't doing anything, and I have been traveling home frequently so it was good to just do nothing.

Practice and studying their game plans. Especially Yukon.

It just shows how really well rounded our team is. We don't have to focus through certain people, we share the puck around and get everyone involved.

3. In Alex Parise's ( @Joker_TM ) first career start in the VHLM, he got a shutout! Do you think he is going to be the a solid starter in the VHL in the future?

Yeah if he stays active he's gonna be great!

It seems that way, and hope it stays that way.

Kebabs, they are really good especially if you do them right.

Just chilling at home.

6/7 - 6/13 - 11 Wins in a Row Edition!

1. Big question out of the gate, what are your thoughts on this insane 11 win streak?

2. Do you think we can keep it going?

3. Who do you think the key factors are for the streak?

4. Moving on from the streak and with theme week this week, what are your reactions to the VHLE?

5. On the topic of the VHLE, would you want to move up to the VHL directly or spend a season in the VHLE (VHLM 250 TPE cap / VHLE 350 TPE cap)?

6. What is the best ice cream flavor?

7. I might be running a giveaway in the discord, what game would you want to win? 👀

I hope everyone had a great memorial day weekend. It was rainy and cold all weekend near me unfortunately. Memorial day itself was a great day though!