Mexico City Kings Press Conference

Nykonax

1. We've got more wins than Houston but are still behind them. Do you think we should get rid of overtime points?

Even though they got more points than us I don't think we should get rid of overtime points. Don't over react as who knows if that'll help the organization next season

2. The World Juniors is starting soon, what country are you rooting for?

Am I in them? I am Canadian... so it'd make sense to cheer for Canada.

3. How do you change your diet during the season?

ummm.... fajita, taco, burrito, quesadilla,  and churros

4. Do you prefer a shorter or longer stick?

I'm almost 7 feet tall which if you did not know.. You can't teach that. So, I need a longer stick. If I have a short stick, I'll be falling over and breaking my back.

5. Who has the best logo in the VHLM?

Officially... I hate to say it but my Bayley's Aces... unofficially I think I already made this fact known in prior events. 

6. What's your favorite type of animal?

A pupper... sorry. No matter how old or how big. a doggo is a pupper!

1. No we shouldn't get rid of OT points. That way we can still stay last.

2. I am rooting for my home country of Germany.

3. I eat more Pizza than usual. 

4. Longer stick is better.

5. I think our logo is pretty good. I haven't actually checked out most of the others.

6. That's a hard one because I like a lot of animals. Foxes are pretty cute though.

1. Yeah you know it's kind of a damned if you do damned if you don't kinda situation. Sometimes you'll get screwed and sometimes you'll come out on top. Lots of hockey left in the season, we just gotta focus on not dropping points.

2. I was born and raised cheering for the maple leaf and I don't think I'll change my opinion this year. Think there's guys on this team who should be getting the call and i'll definitely cheer for them as well.

3. I've been trying to put more weight on before signing here in Mexico City, hoping to continue that

4. I think theirs some guys on this team using sticks that are taller then I am. It's crazy. My stick is short, gives you more control.

5. I think ours is great. The colours really blend well.

6. Usually I'd say I'm more of a dog guy, but I've always admired like, birds of prey, you know? I saw one on the drive in from the airport. It was, uh, majestic.

1. We've got more wins than Houston but are still behind them. Do you think we should get rid of overtime points? no

2. The World Juniors is starting soon, what country are you rooting for? USA

3. How do you change your diet during the season? As a goaltender I am losing weight so I can become faster and work on puck tracking

4. Do you prefer a shorter or longer stick? Longer for the snipes

5. Who has the best logo in the VHLM? Us for sure

6. What's your favorite type of animal? Doggos baby

On 4/15/2020 at 4:07 PM, Cxsquared said:

1. We've got more wins than Houston but are still behind them. Do you think we should get rid of overtime points?

1. We've got more wins than Houston but are still behind them. Do you think we should get rid of overtime points? Yes 

2. The World Juniors is starting soon, what country are you rooting for? USA all the way

3. How do you change your diet during the season? Work out long and eat less junk food

4. Do you prefer a shorter or longer stick? Sort

5. Who has the best logo in the VHLM? Saskatoon 

6. What's your favorite type of animal? Red panda

We no longer have more wins than Houston hahaha

Canada, of course!

I don't change anything during the season.

I've always preferred a short stick so i can keep the puck nice and close to myself.

I heard there was an unofficial Mexico City Kings logo kicking around somewhere...

Dogs!

1. We've got more wins than Houston but are still behind them. Do you think we should get rid of overtime points?

I don't think so, it is our job to work harder to get those tight games to overtime to get those few points.

CANADA BABY!

Lot less of red meat, more white meat, lots of vegetables.

4. Do you prefer a shorter or longer stick?

Longer stick change the kick point of the stick, I feel like I have better shots with them.

I like both Philadelphia and Mexico City.

Ones that are interactive

Week ending in 4/26/2020

week 5 let's thrive

New here? Reveal the spoiler for help...

Spoiler

If you are new here, just answer these 6 questions to earn 2 capped TPE. To claim the TPE first copy the link to your comment using the share button in the top right of your post. Then go here https://vhlportal.com/players/playermgmt and click claim capped TPE. Select the current week (typically the Sunday coming up), paste your link into the link spot, and under the Type dropdown select Press Conference. The just submit and wait for the TPE to roll in.

1. Only a handful of games left. What do we need to do to turn it up an extra notch and get some wins?

2. What are your feelings on the new TPE catch up rules?

3. What forum improvements (games, etc.) from other leagues would you like to see in the VHL?

4. We've got 2 players, @BigTittySmitty and @DizzyWithLogic, who are in the top 10 of shot blocks. What makes them so good at stopping the puck?

5. We've all been stuck inside for a while, what are you gonna do first when things get back to normal?

6. What games, movies, music, or books have you been consuming lately?

Edited by Cxsquared

10 minutes ago, Cxsquared said:

Week ending in 4/26/2020

week 5 let's thrive

Reveal hidden contents

If you are new here, just answer these 6 questions to earn 2 capped TPE. To claim the TPE first copy the link to your comment using the share button in the top right of your post. Then go here https://vhlportal.com/players/playermgmt and click claim capped TPE. Select the current week (typically the Sunday coming up), paste your link into the link spot, and under the Type dropdown select Press Conference. The just submit and wait for the TPE to roll in.

1. Only a handful of games left. What do we need to do to turn it up an extra notch and get some wins?

3. What forum improvements (games, etc.) from other leagues would you like to see in the VHL?

4. We've got 2 players, @BigTittySmitty and @DizzyWithLogic, who are in the top 10 of shot blocks. What makes them so good at stopping the puck?

5. We've all been stuck inside for a while, what are you gonna do first when things get back to normal?

1. It's been a tough season but I know we have some young guys with good potential coming up that can hopefully take that next step in the next week or so.

2. I'm a big fan of these rules, should help with retaining new recruits.

3. This is the only league I am in so I have no suggestions.

4. We tend to get outshot a lot every game, and those are some pretty huge guys so it makes sense a few pucks have hit them over the course of the year.

5. Probably just a nice BBQ with the boys.

6. Been really into Call of Duty the last few weeks!

I gotta work on my skating and my strength in order to be able to help us win more games. Priority is to work on my defensive game as being a -54 at the moment is not good for winning. However, what can ya do when trying to catch up to time in the gym with everyone else.

My idea.... do I really need to know what I thought? If they really been talking about it for a while then that's some long ass time to do something about it because as soon as I mentioned it they really took off with the idea. If they just taking credit for my idea I presented to them then big kudos to them for doing their part to shed the image of the Old Boys Club. However, if they had been legit talking about this for a while.. how slow did those discussions go?

Already got my late joiner idea pushed through. I would like to see some updates on the rules/etc threads so people know whats what. Was that fixed? If so great. When it comes to other changes that need to be implemented I think I need a bit more time in the league to see if they can adapt to another BTS idea. Wouldn't be the first

4. We've got 2 players, @BigTittySmitty and @DizzyWithLogic, who are in the top 10 of shot blocks. What makes them so good at stopping the puck?

They are both over 6 feet tall and you can't teach that.

With playing in Mexico City... gonna hit the beach and enjoy the great things of Latin America.

Thank god for Netflix, been running through some Family Guy and just chilling on them phone apps. Also watching cable from my Canadian service provider so glad that

1. Only a handful of games left. What do we need to do to turn it up an extra notch and get some wins?

We have to be more responsible in defense, we let our goalie down too many times, we can't win games if we have to score 7 goals to beat the other team.

2. What are your feelings on the new TPE catch up rules?

I feel like it is legit, help to bring down the gap between more experienced players and newer players that want to jump right in and not wait for the right time to get their career going, nice job on this one.

I really like the game of the week concept from EFL, but on the other hand, I know how hard it would be to implement into hockey.

4. We've got 2 players, @BigTittySmitty and @DizzyWithLogic, who are in the top 10 of shot blocks. What makes them so good at stopping the puck?

Simple, they have no fear, from what I've heard, the now retired Edward Vigneault showed em a few tricks on blocking shots effectively.

5. We've all been stuck inside for a while, what are you gonna do first when things get back to normal?

Enjoy a nice cold one with the boys at the local pub, getting back into gym and start to train for my 1/2 marathon.

Weirdly enough, I've watch a lot of documentaries on Netflix, especially Dirty Money and played some GTA online.

1. We don't. We have perfected the art of losing.

2. It's aight. Helps those people coming in late to get caught up.

3. Other leagues?

4. Well one has some big tidds to stop the puck. The other is very tall.

5. Eat

6. I've been jamming out to this lately: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZG4iejbM5Y

Gets me pretty pumped up.

1. Only a handful of games left. What do we need to do to turn it up an extra notch and get some wins?  defense

2. What are your feelings on the new TPE catch up rules? Honestly, don´t care

3. What forum improvements (games, etc.) from other leagues would you like to see in the VHL? I gotta agree with @Patpou22 with the game of the week

4. We've got 2 players, @BigTittySmitty and @DizzyWithLogic, who are in the top 10 of shot blocks. What makes them so good at stopping the puck?  being thicc

5. We've all been stuck inside for a while, what are you gonna do first when things get back to normal? go to a sports event

6. What games, movies, music, or books have you been consuming lately? Fortnite, myron

Gotta run our sets, put the puck into positive places on the ice. Stick to our game, don't get forced playing a style of hockey we're uncomfortable with. And of course, getting pucks deep and get getting pucks to the net.

Great to see that the VHL is improving itself based on its members suggestions. Proves that we're playing in the very best league.

You know, who doesn't love seeing ways to make more TPE. Would be great to see non-hockey related ways to grind.

Yeah their big boys, if they want to get in front of the puck it's kinda hard for the opposition to get around them.

Crush a couple cold ones with the boys on the patio and enjoy a beautiful Mexico City summer. Of course, my main focus right now is winning some hockey games.

6. What games, movies, music, or books have you been consuming lately

Not really much of a reader, and I don't have the attention span for movies. Vikings and The Last Kingdom are big ones for me right now, the viking age is my favorite time period and Anglo-Saxon names are hilarious to say.

1. Only a handful of games left. What do we need to do to turn it up an extra notch and get some wins?

Probably get some more TPE, change the lines up?

The new rules dont affect me, so I have no opinion on that.... next question

Probably a 2 week bonus for new recruits to be competitive, like doubles week x2 but applies to practicing, welfare, pressers, trivia, even experience.

4. We've got 2 players, @BigTittySmitty and @DizzyWithLogic, who are in the top 10 of shot blocks. What makes them so good at stopping the puck?

We have weathered alot of storms this season, so sometimes surrogate goaltending gives us a chance to win tight games

Get a pizza.  A nice huge protein and cholesterol heavy brunch sounds goods too

Ps4 ff14, binge watching Ozark s3 and I discovered this Waagal guy on YouTube, excellent musician.  You may not like that style but that's neither here or there.

Thanks guys...

1. How do you feel about missing the playoffs?

2. Where do you see yourself landing in the VHLM dispersal draft? (or the VHL draft)

3. Who were Mexico's top players this season?

4. What are your thoughts on the new "latecomer" TPE rules?

5. What stonk are you investing in next week?

6. What's you favourite fast food restaurant and why is it McDonalds?

It sucks the big one but in all honesty. I knew it was bound to happen. I took this 'free season' as one for development as I will finally get to be drafted into the VHLm and VHL this upcoming offseason.

2. Where do you see yourself landing in the VHLM dispersal draft? (or the VHL draft).

In the VHLm I can see myself in the 2nd-3rd round with so much new talent already surpassing me in TPE with an established history. In the VHL, I honestly do not know. I haven't been reached out to by any clubs and I keep getting surpassed by s73 players from the get go due to current rules.

The top players I believe in Mexico were Kamenev, Rose and Hylands

My idea... I wish I got to benefit from it HA HA HA... but it's something the league needed to do to attempt to balance out the fact so many people can retire and recreate and already get 100+ TPE from day one.

I am now classified as an alumni so I do not know if I will be able to keep buying firearms. It may not be the best investment especially if I land in a place I won't be able to bring them with me

Micky D's is considered bad food but they upped their game so I like it. The one item I like is the Quarter Pounder BLT. It's yummy

I was disappointed at first when we found ourselves in the basement of the league and stayed there most of the season, but we had a great group of players here and I could not have asked for a better team as a complete rookie.

2. Where do you see yourself landing in the VHLM dispersal draft? (or the VHL draft)

Right now it's looking like I will be a mid to late 1st round pick. There are many players around my spot that play the same position but have the experience that I do not.

I would have to say it was Rose, Moore, and MacBurn

I think it's a great change, and I only wish it would have come in to play sooner so I could have benefited from it!

I will be investing in some helth stonks

I feel personally attacked by this question, however, you can't say no to those french fries!

Edited by Hylands33

Yeah it's a tough pill to swallow but we had a good bunch of guys here in Mexico City and I'm looking forward to competing for a title next year.

I think the draft ratings underrate me. I'm definitely first overall potential in the dispersal draft and I'm sure theres going to be lots of GMs being clowned on in a couple of years because of it.

My one assist all season was pretty clutch in the 7-1 win so I'd put myself in the top ratings. Soupcan came in late and was dominate, and MacBurn is a bonafide stallion.

Great to see that the VHL is improving itself based on its members suggestions. Proves that we're playing in the very best league.

The stonk market is a big scam run by crooks and frauds. That being said, I'm all in on turnip stalks this week.

McDonalds is a cultural icon in the States and the Mexican McDonalds are pretty disappointing in comparison. The best fast food restaurant is the taco place across from the arena.

1. How do you feel about missing the playoffs?

Not that great but it's been quite an experience still.

Probably 2nd round some where, pick 15-20?

MacBurn, myself and Moore

Didnt we already have this discussion recently?  My stance hasn't changed 

5g

Damned be those golden arches, it must be all that salt

Week ending in 5/10/2020

week 7 breaktime

Spoiler

1. How is your off-season going?

2. Who do you think is going to go on to win the VHLM cup?

3. If you went up right now, which VHL team would you want to play for?

4. What are your goals for next season?

5. If you had to switch positions right now, what would you switch to?

6. Do you have any good youtube videos you've been watching lately?

Edited by Cxsquared

1. How is your off-season going?

Sucks to be out of hockey and for the golf courses to be closed. Nothing to do but sit at home and mope.

I haven't really been paying attention to the league since our season ended. Yukon was dominate all year though, so I'm guessing they take it.

Seattle has some pretty sick jerseys, so I'm going to say them.

Hoping to get a good full developmental done and prove I have allstar potential. I'd also like to clown on every GM that passes over me, that'll be fun.

I think I could be a stud goalie. I got the speed, and reflexes, and I think I could score a couple with that giant paddle.

6. Do you have any good youtube videos you've been watching lately?

I've been rewatching the Hot Ones catalogue. Good stuff, watching celebrities suffer. Think theres a couple VHL players I'd like to see on there.

1. How is your off-season going?

Pretty good so far, been enjoying time with my family in quarantine. Continued to workout to get better and teached the kids a few tricks.

Didn't really checked the playoffs, but as said earlier, Yukon where really good this year, so they might end up on top.

Honestly, I feel like I'm too early in my career to answer anything to this question, maybe in 1-2 seasons, but right now, I have no idea.

I don't like to put any numbers on my goals, but I feel like I could really improve on the defensive side of the puck.

I wouldn't switch, been a winger my whole career, I'm very comfortable there.

6. Do you have any good youtube videos you've been watching lately?

Mostly kids stuff since quarantine, they haven't let me watch my things, and I'm more of a Netflix guy.