Mexico City Kings Press Conference

Nykonax

On 1/1/2020 at 12:56 PM, Cxsquared said:

It's ya boi Brody Claymore. Playoff press conference here. You know what to do.

1. First round is over in 6 games, how do you think the first round went?

2. How do you think we'll do against Mississauga? Who wins and how many games does it take?

3. Which King and which Hound would you expect to drop the gloves during our games?

4. Which team making the second round surprises you the most? Did you expect to see all of these teams in the second round?

5. Any thoughts on the Calgary VHL drama?

6. Give us a good chirp that you'll use against the Hounds. (feel free to tag people)

1.) Idk what world your living in but in mine I think we won in five but none the less we made it to the next round

2.) Mexico in 7

3.) Burrows for us and idk who plays for them

4.) I think all teams deserve to be here 

5.) Don't pay attention to Calgary

6.) I forget your players cuz your to forget able 

Just now, Gaudette said:

1.) Idk what world your living in but in mine I think we won in five but none the less we made it to the next round

Fun fact, apparently I can't count.

It went well, we won, so that is always a good thing.

2. How do you think we'll do against Mississauga? Who wins and how many games does it take?

I think we will win, we came back from 0-2, so now we just need to put it on them. I think it will go 7 games though.

3. Which King and which Hound would you expect to drop the gloves during our games?

Nygren and Rice for sure.

4. Which team making the second round surprises you the most? Did you expect to see all of these teams in the second round?

Halifax making was a bit of a shock, but any team can get hot in the ploofs.

Don't know it, so I am unsure... Is it spicy?

6. Give us a good chirp that you'll use against the Hounds. (feel free to tag people)

Chrip?

On 1/1/2020 at 12:56 PM, Cxsquared said:

It's ya boi Brody Claymore. Playoff press conference here. You know what to do.

1.  I think the first round went pretty good as we did win, but personally I think we could have done better... We should have done it in four :0

2.  Well as of right now we are down 3-2... I think we will pull it back around and win it 4-3!

3.  As the top PIM players on each team during the regular season.. I would have to say Oskar Lagesson (kings) and Aleksandra Olsen (hounds).

4.  I was kind of surprised to see Halifax beat Philadelphia to be quite honest but the other teams I could see coming.

5.  I don't even know anything about the Calgary drama, guess I need to keep up with the other teams more!

6.  Personally I am not very good at chirping so usually I just keep to myself and play the game... I will stand up for my team but as for chirping I usually keep it to a min unless I am very upset over something!

I played like shit but we played well as a team. Those games could've gone either way to be fair but we made it out anyway.

They're a tough team to beat- especially considering we lost at the time of this message. I would've predicted loss in 7 but since I'm a King I would've said won.

Lagesson and a Mississauga Hound player.

Halifax surprised me with their win over Philly, other than that it was fairly predictable.

Blade was my initial mentor in the league and I'm gonna side with her no matter what. Glad everything was figured out and hope it doesn't hurt anybody's reputation.

Eh I have no insults for them. Only the refs. "Ref you suck" would be the most commonly used chirp.

Just because we've been yeeted doesn't mean we can't keep earning TPE.

1. What was your favorite part about this season?

2. Did you achieve as much as you wanted to this season?

3. What do you think we could have done better against Mississauga?

4. Who do you think is going to be the VHLM playoffs MVP?

5. Do you have any plans for the off-season? 

6. What are your plans for next season? Are you moving up, staying around, or getting drafted in the VHLM?

I think it would have to be the locker room discussions (w/ Dyl). There was almost always someone on to talk to about one thing or another. Definitely going to miss being on the team but I’ll keep in touch with them for sure. 

As much and more. I was hoping and dreaming to get 80-90 points but somehow I got all the way to 116. I was disappointing in the playoffs but we can’t win them all. 

Not sure. They’re a top notch team and every game was brutally close. 

4. Who do you think is going to be the VHLM playoffs MVP?

Probably a goalie. Spyro was insane against us and Lafontaine has been pretty much impenetrable this postseason. 

Just some tpe gains ferda. 

6. What are your plans for next season? Are you moving up, staying around, or getting drafted in the VHLM?

Going through the draft and moving up immediately after. I’m excited to see who I will play for and I’m hoping I can stick around for a while. 

2 hours ago, zepheter said:

I think it would have to be the locker room discussions (w/ Dyl). There was almost always someone on to talk to about one thing or another. Definitely going to miss being on the team but I’ll keep in touch with them for sure. 

You are always welcomed and encouraged to be active in our discord!

5 hours ago, Cxsquared said:

1. That I got to play for a competitive team and a great management group.

2. Not really. I personally had some very low stats but the team did go farther than they ever have.

3. I'm not sure, it's still fresh so it's hard to dissect all our flaws in that series.

4. Im not sure exactly. I would assume it might be whoever has the most points.

5. To keep pumping my skill into my skating and work on my passing some more.

6. I will probably be drafted by a VHL team and then come back down to the VHLM to play more games.

On 1/6/2020 at 8:52 AM, Cxsquared said:

Man, that 4 point game in the playoffs was super fun, and the 5 pointer in the regular season. We had some great games.

I can't say I'm satisfied with my production, but I continued to progress and that is important.

Mississauga is a good team and it was a close series. We made some big mistakes early in the series and we just couldn't climb back form that hole.

Edwin, most likely.

Visit home. I'm excited to get to play next season closer to my family.

I'll be playing for Helsinki in S70, hopefully I'll prove that I can handle a full load of ice time in the majors.

Edited by Erik Summers

On 1/6/2020 at 7:52 AM, Cxsquared said:

1. The whole season was fun all around but playoffs are always a fun time.

2. I wanted to hit 100 points but I didn’t quite get there, I posted over 200 hits though.

3. Outscored them more ?

4. Edwin THE Encarnacion.

5. Training as much as possible.

6. I will be moving up to Moscow in the VHL.

On 1/6/2020 at 10:52 AM, Cxsquared said:

1.) just talking to everyone here it's a great place 

2.) no I got 1 point in 30+

3.) played me more obviously 

4.) Idk didn't pay attention 

5.) update update update 

6.) getting drafted in the M #Season71

Just getting the call from Mexico to have a spot in their net. I had to earn the right to play over their current goalie, but it was well worth it. Solid group of people and I was proud to put on the colours.

Well, for the most part I just wanted to get some games played, so obviously I accomplished that easily. The main goal was a cup though, so that's where I was disappointed. We had a fun season and playoffs though, and I believe in the Kings' future, however. I can't let my thoughts linger on just one season.

There was actually quite a few close games against Mississauga. I feel like I need to take some blame here as a goalie. I wish I could have stopped more.

I feel like it could literally just go to any of the top 3 scorers of Saskatoon. Their goalie was great too, but at an 89.9% saves, which wasn't anything crazy compared to the rest of the goalies, I don't think the goalie takes the MVP.

Just waiting for the draft and getting hyped about next season.

Drafted into the VHLM. Playing my heart out for the team that drafts me, then hopefully winning a cup before I move up to the VHL.

Week ending in 1/26/2020

New season new press conference. It's your AGM Brody Claymore here with some hot questions. I'd first like to welcome all the new players and congratulate all the returning players on a great season.

If you are new here, just answer these 6 questions to earn 2 capped TPE. To claim the TPE first copy the link to your comment using the share button in the top right of your post. Then go here https://vhlportal.com/players/playermgmt and click claim capped TPE. Select the current week (typically the Sunday coming up), paste your link into the link spot, and under the Type dropdown select Press Conference. The just submit and wait for the TPE to roll in.

Now on to the questions...

1. Again welcome to the team or welcome back! How do you feel about the team's chances this season?

2. What kind of player are you hoping to grow into?

3. What did you do for the off-season or if you are new to the VHLM how did you prepare for joining the league?

4. Do you have any individual goals for this year?

5. If your hockey career doesn't pan out what would you do next?

6. Anything you'd like management to focus on this year? How can we help you grow as a player?

Edited by Cxsquared

1. What was your favorite part about this season? I haven't been around the team a lot since i joined yesterday but i think we're gonna have a fun time all together

2. Did you achieve as much as you wanted to this season? haven't played

3. What do you think we could have done better against Mississauga? idk

. Who do you think is going to be the VHLM playoffs MVP? idk

5. Do you have any plans for the off-season ? to leave 

6. What are your plans for next season? Are you moving up, staying around, or getting drafted in the VHLM? to become rookie of the year if they have that

1. Again welcome to the team or welcome back! How do you feel about the team's chances this season?
they currently have the best two way goaltender in the league so anything is possible

hopefully a useful one. it is my dream to play for every single country in the VHL.

3. What did you do for the off-season or if you are new to the VHLM how did you prepare for joining the league?
i basically ate a lot of croissants and french bread and french onion soup and french fries and frog legs and wine and whatever other stuff french people eat. i shall now stang like the eiffel tower in net

finish as a top 5 goalie in the league

i will cry alot and cling on to the last hope i had on being good by playing really low level hockey. after that become the fattest french man alive off of croissants, french bread, french onion soup, french fries, frog legs, and wine.

6. Anything you'd like management to focus on this year? How can we help you grow as a player?
defensemen. not get defensemen so i face more shot and learn how to stop shots in less games

oui oui
~Nicholas Fomba (efiug)

no new seattle PC :( 

Looks like the Kings are gonna have a tough time. Daldo and Nyko are gonna have to do some heavy lifting though. Efiug will need to be a big difference maker as well.

A good one.

Point tasks.

15-20 points if I'm lucky.

Something hockey related like scouting.

Make sure you guys are making it fun for the new guys so they keep coming back each week.

Second week of the season coming up! As always, answer all the questions to claim 2 TPE.

1. We are currently sitting at 7th overall after 11 games. How does this match up to your expectations coming into this season?

2. Any highlights from your play in the first 11 games?

3. What do you think we need to improve on as the season progresses?

4. Who do you think is making a big impact for the team right now?

5. What teams do you think are going to be the front runners for the rest of the season?

6. Do you have any pregame rituals you preform to get ready for a game?

Just now, Cxsquared said:

Second week of the season coming up! As always, answer all the questions to claim 2 TPE.

1. We are currently sitting at 7th overall after 11 games. How does this match up to your expectations coming into this season?

5. What teams do you think are going to be the front runners for the rest of the season?

1.Honestly I’ve only just gotten into the lockeroom so I think once We get going our team will start to get better

2. Like I said I’ve only just gotten here I’ve only played 3 games I did have a nice hit though

3. we definetly need some help on the point

4.honestly I haven’t got a clue maybe our tendy is keepin us in games?

5. I don’t pay attention to other teams TIL we play them so I don’t really know.

6. None that I can think of maybe I do it subconsciously 

1. We are currently sitting at 7th overall after 11 games. How does this match up to your expectations coming into this season? i feel like we can still make it and it can match up to my expectation if making the playoffs

2. Any highlights from your play in the first 11 games? my first game was amazing and like really other game, i've been really solid

3. What do you think we need to improve on as the season progresses? if we can get more scoring and less points scored on us, i feel like we have a good chance of being an amazing team

4. Who do you think is making a big impact for the team right now? all of the team contributing on the team

5. What teams do you think are going to be the front runners for the rest of the season? probably the top 3 teams

6. Do you have any pregame rituals you preform to get ready for a game? i usually listen to music or i take 5 minutes to pray to god for a really good game. Or i just take a ice bath

7th overall is a decent spot and i think we have the chance to climb up the standings. I was expecting us to have a rockier start after losing so much this offseason but we still have some solid pieces.

my three assists are pretty cool. I grew up idolising martin brodeur so to have some sort of stat that highlights puck playing ability makes me pretty happy. would like a goal though.

tighten up on defense and work on our shootout skills. or work on scoring so we dont have to go to the shootout.

Daldo and Shush Nyko have been absolutely crushing it this season and i dont see them slowing down.

the Lynx and the Storm dont have many losses and if they can keep up their play for the rest of the season i can see either team doing some work in the playoffs

i do mental fortitude training by putting a croissant on a plate and staring at it while i put my gear on. it is my job to resist the urge to eat the croissant just like how it is my job to resist the urge to jump out of the way of any pucks sent at me.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay everyone! Week 3 Press conference questions are finally here.

1. We are solidly in 6th place at this point. What do you think it will take for us to start moving up?

2. Nicolas Fomba @efiug is currently in first for goalie assists. What makes them so good at handling the puck?

3. How much do you think losing Daldo @Harpskii will hurt us this season?

4. Dman Alyksander Hunter just got reassigned to the Kings. How do you welcome them back?

5. Why is our GM @Motzaburger so good at tampering?

6. Shush Nyko @SDCore recently became the all time points leader in franchise history, how are you going to congratulate him in the locker room?

1. Honestly we just need to keep playin well maybe get tighter defensively and we’re mint!

2. I wasnt aware of that that’s pretty sick. He’s just calm with the puck.

3.well I don’t really judge the moves made but we got some good assets back

4. Just like he never left really

5. plead the fif

6. A good pat on the ass and that’s it

6 hours ago, Cxsquared said:

Sorry for the delay everyone! Week 3 Press conference questions are finally here.

1. We are solidly in 6th place at this point. What do you think it will take for us to start moving up? I think bringing me on board, and getting that defenseman, will definitely change up how the team plays, and I think we just need good consistency for the next 35 ish games.

2. Nicolas Fomba @efiug is currently in first for goalie assists. What makes them so good at handling the puck? Well, we’re a hard working team, that gets their TPE, i guess we just work well with each other!

3. How much do you think losing Daldo @Harpskii will hurt us this season?

Well, he was a great player to this organization, he’s probably better than me rn, but this is his last year in the minors, so I think you won the trade.

4. Dman Alyksander Hunter just got reassigned to the Kings. How do you welcome them back? Like I said earlier, that’s just giving our team more strength, and getting us closer to the PLAYOFFS BABBBYYYY! :)

5. Why is our GM @Motzaburger so good at tampering?

Simple Question, Simple answer, because he’s the goat, duh. 

6. Shush Nyko @SDCore recently became the all time points leader in franchise history, how are you going to congratulate him in the locker room?

Just like everyone else would, congratulate, live it up, and move on. Stride for the next big goal, the cup!!