Mexico City Kings Press Conference

Nykonax

December means it's Christmas time edition!

1. We've struggled a bit as of late, why do you think that is?

2. We have some very important games coming up, playing Philadelphia 3 times in the next 10 games. Do you think these games will decide who takes 1st place?

3. Who do you have your eyes on for a potential playoff matchup?

4. What's your favourite gameday meal?

5. Are you on the naughty or nice list this year?

6. What is your favourite part of the Holiday season?

53 minutes ago, Hylands said:

2. We have some very important games coming up, playing Philadelphia 3 times in the next 10 games. Do you think these games will decide who takes 1st place?

1. The league is getting better. Obviously we are only going to have tougher battles from here, but I think we can bounce back and dominate the league again.

2. Definitely. Philly is a strong team and so are we. It's the battle of goliaths and I think we have a chance to come out on top.

3. I've heard that Las Vegas Aces are our biggest rivals, so a matchup against them would be a great series.

4. Chicken parm. Easy.

5. I hope the nice list :)

6. Spending time with family and giving gifts. I enjoy giving more than receiving.

5 hours ago, Hylands said:

1.) I think were just a little tired. Christmas break is coming up and it'll be a good time to rest. We'll be back in shape in no time.

2.) Those are definitely going to be tough. Philly has a great squad these games are definitely going to decide who is in first place.

3.) Miami, ever since what happened in S74 they are absolute sleepers.

4.) Penne Pasta all the way. Maybe some garlic bread too.

5.) Naughty absolutely. You can get a way with a lot more things in Mexico than you can in the States.

6.) Throwing "reindeer food outside your front door so the reindeer have something to snack on when Santa is at your house."

20 hours ago, Hylands said:

1. Personally I feel like all good teams have a point of slowing down and now would be our point of slowing down. I don't feel like we are slowing to a halt but we are losing more games than usual. It's better for us to slow down and lose games now while we're a bit comfortable on the top rather than us being red hot during the regular season and then ice cold during the playoffs.

2. Most likely yes and I feel like we need to focus on winning those games in particular to keep Philly down a peg. If by some miracle they do manage to beat us in those games, it can be good motivation to get back on track and back to being consistent. We want to keep our 1st place no matter what.

3. We want revenge on Vegas, baby. Beat them in the first round and move on, that's what I would like. 

4. Protein. Nothing but protein.

5. Definitely the nice list, I hope. I think Santa is gonna see my hits and penalty minutes to decide that one...

6. I'd say spending time with family and making memories, I've always enjoyed getting presents and now as I'm older I get to give back which is truly a blessing I'd say.

On 12/8/2020 at 3:49 AM, Hylands said:

Could be little tougher opponents, but maybe just as every team also have a bit of slope, but we'll bounce back for sure.

Not really. I predict we will divide points evenly, so the run still is up. I hope like that, cus I want race till the last game.

Las Vegas potentially, should be fun, but no much thoughts on this, we will see.

Pasta with bolognese sause and some light salads

No one should be trying to be as perfect as possible, cus I am what I am, and I also shouldn't be judge what I was this year.

Just have a nice time with fam, weared with coy xmas jumpers and stuff likr that.

On 12/7/2020 at 8:49 PM, Hylands said:

1. Ya know everyone is just excited for the holidays ya know have a few extra pops ya know 

2. Well ya know we got 1st sealed no one has a shot ya know

3. Ya know I dont think about matchups too much that just gets me all frazzled ya know I like to go in blind

4. Pasta with vodka sauce and pop ya know 

5. Ya know me and old father Christmas go way back ya know so I ain't too worried ya know 

6. WJC.

On 12/7/2020 at 7:49 PM, Hylands said:

1. Just unlucky. Losing most games by 1 point.

2. Absolutly We must win

3. Basically anyone, I know we can beat whoever we play

4. Toasted Rav

5. Neither ;)

6. No School or responsibilities 

On 12/7/2020 at 8:49 PM, Hylands said:

1. I think it was RJ not updating but now that he's back we should be good

2. No, i think it won't since we will still be first

3. IDK but i wanna face whatever team Dylan is on

4. I love having a good simple fried rice before the game

5. Nice ofc, done nothing wrong in my opnion

6. The holiday themed snacks and reasons to eat more of them.

Final week of regular season edition!

1. Do you think we have what it takes to round out the season and claim 1st overall?

2. What do you think of our trades to add two capped players in Dominic Gobeil and Tee Pee E II to the squad?

3. We have an incredible 11 players that have hit the 40 point mark on the season. How important has our depth been to our success?

4. Kevin Wu was recently named offensive player of the week in the VHLM, how crucial is it to get that scoring support from our defensive core?

5. What are you hoping to get for Christmas this year?

6. Are you a fan of the winter weather? Or are you more of a summer person?

56 minutes ago, Hylands said:

1. Do you think we have what it takes to round out the season and claim 1st overall?

2. What do you think of our trades to add two capped players in Dominic Gobeil and Tee Pee E II to the squad?

3. We have an incredible 11 players that have hit the 40 point mark on the season. How important has our depth been to our success?

4. Kevin Wu was recently named offensive player of the week in the VHLM, how crucial is it to get that scoring support from our defensive core?

1) We definitely have what I takes to finish 1st overall. We are very consistent this year. 

2) Great additions to help add depth and scoring throughout the entire lineup. 

3) Our depth is the reason why we are successful and consistent. 

4) It definitely helps but it isn’t mandatory. 

5) I just want clean bill of health and lots of love. 

6) I’m more of a summer person for sure.   

1 hour ago, Hylands said:

1. Yes for sure, we can do it.

2. I'm not sure who Gobeil is but Tee Pee E II is a fantastic player.

3. Very important. We not only have a big team, but a skilled one at that.

4. Its insane that one of our defenders has been the leagues offensive player. A testament to our all around skill.

5. Don't know really. Clothes, gift cards, etc

6. Summer for sure. Warm winter days are great but in general, I like the heat.

2 hours ago, Hylands said:

1. absolutely i think we have what it takes to finish 1st

2. the additions of dominic gobeil and tee pee E II have only improved us

3. depth is a must for any team that wants to win

4. very important, we literally have bobby orr on our team

5. ps5 and xbox. yes. both. 

6. im a fan of summer when in winter, but in the summer i complain about the heat too so im going off the grid and saying fall

2 hours ago, Hylands said:

Can't imagine single reason why we can't do that. We have the tools, not it is on our hands

Another great key pieces to push for end of season and having strong ploffs

Incredibly important, not every third liner like me has 42pts atm

The more we have better guys the better is our chances to win, obviously.

The cup!

50/50 I like to watch snowing, when everything is soo white. Also like to bbq and beers :)

1. We have the firepower and the depth to pull it off. The fight for first is never easy though.

2. I think they are both amazing players! They are great in the locker room too which is really nice.

3. It's a team sport. We all contribute to our success here in Mexico City.

4. Sometimes the best defense is a good offense (wait...) Kidding. In all seriousness, it's awesome to see our defensemen step up. I feel like they are comfortable to take risks which pays off.

5. A championship with Mexico City Kings. ;)

6. Nope and nope. I'm more of a fall / spring guy. I like the cool weather, not the extremes.

I think we do but at this point, our playoff spot is clinched and it doesn't matter if we finish first or not. What is important is to be a great team in the playoffs and I think we have what it takes to go far and I would even say, to win the cup!

Well, I'm happy to join Mexico as my main goal before going up is to win a cup and I'm happy to be on a team that has the same goal for this season!

I always believed that depth and defense are the 2 main things that make you a successful team in the playoffs

a defensive that can score goals is something that can really make other teams think twice before taking penalties. This make such a great power play!

a founder cup ;)

I'm more of a summer person, I really hate the cold

6 hours ago, Hylands said:

1.) I think we do. We've been playing strong and we're 7 points ahead of Philly. I think we will be able to come out on top by the end of the regular season.

2.) Huge pickups. Shoutout to Hylands and Rory for bringing in two capped guys to help give us that final push into the playoffs that we need.

3.) Our depth is incredible. I'm having a blast playing on this team. It's been incredibly fun to see guys getting a lot of points that are not on the top two lines.

4.) HUGE. Kevin is a big time player making big time plays. He's basically becoming Bobby Orr

5.) I really hope I get a new iPhone with an international service plan because ever since being in Mexico, I've barely called my mom and she's pissed.

6.)I do like winter weather but being in Mexico City it doesn't snow so I miss that a little bit. It does make the holidays a little interesting without it for sure.

23 hours ago, Hylands said:

1. I truly believe we do have what it takes to keep control of 1st in the division. We've held onto this lead for quite some time and whether we've been close to losing it or having a nice cushion between first and second, we are very determined on holding it down.

2. l love saying TPE II's name you have no idea. They've been great additions to the team, we're happy to have them here and with their help we can push Mexico City higher in the playoffs than we hoped for. 

3. Our depth has been absolutely amazing and my goodness it has saved my ass lately. I mean good god, I was in a massive slump for the season and I was staying at the starting center spot, so to see that someone on the first line isn't doing too much but someone on the third or second can back me up and get work done is incredible. Every fan's dream is to have depth they can rely on.

4. Wu is a defensemen and got offensive player of the week, that says a lot about how talented he truly is. It's very crucial to us because it shows that he can do more than just shot blocks and hits, he can handle the puck nicely which can be a relief to us forwards. It's always good to see teammates score but it's even better when its a defensemen that gets it done. 

5. Jerseys and hats. I'm a big collector when it comes to sports gear, it feels strange from time to time wearing something else from another city but I love sports enough to wear it no matter what. Don't worry Rory, I am not wearing other VHL/M gear, do not take me out the lineups again PLEASE.

6. Honestly, I don't mind the cold weather. I know a lot of people hate the winter for how cold it gets but I'm able to handle it. Plus, cold weather means outdoor rinks. Can't go wrong with that.

On 12/14/2020 at 12:33 PM, Hylands said:

1. 100%, Only we can beat ourselves at this point

2. Helps increase the odds of the cup even higher

3. Depth = CUPS

4. With the Offence already so amazing having the Defense scoring too makes us unstoppable

5. Phat Staks

6. Spring person. Summer is too hot and winter is too cold

Prime Minister's Cup Winners edition!

1. We have clinched the best record in the entire league and Mexico's first Prime Minister's Cup. How good does that feel?

2. We've been on a great hot streak to end the season, how helpful will that be to bring into the playoffs?

3. What has been your biggest surprise of the VHLM season?

4. Who do you think has been the MVP of our season?

5. Do you think the Mexico City Kings need a new logo?

6. Does pineapple belong on pizza?

2 minutes ago, Hylands said:

1. We have clinched the best record in the entire league and Mexico's first Prime Minister's Cup. How good does that feel?

2. We've been on a great hot streak to end the season, how helpful will that be to bring into the playoffs?

1. It feels pretty good ngl. Haven't been along for the final ride but I knew this was our goal from my first day being here.

2. Hmm I honestly don't know. I doubt momentum is a thing in the sim so I won't consider that. It will either go down as the team is improving a lot as of late and in turn is doing better, or that the sim sees we're winning so much and wants to throw some Ls in there. We will see.

3. Going inactive.

4. Jakky. GOAT player and GOAT captain.

5. Yes I wanna see the emo skull logo. Our current one is clunky and doesn't even feel like a logo.

6. I feel like this question has been asked before here hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Anyway, I don't like it myself that much but I can see why others would. It's just a topping.

1 hour ago, Hylands said:

1) It feels pretty great and we deserve it. 

2) You never know with the way Simon can be random. 

3) I almost have 100 hits that’s surprising to me. 

4) Our goalie has been very good so I think our goalie. 

5) I don’t think we need a new logo. 

6) It has its place on pizza just not my pizza 😂

3 hours ago, Hylands said:

1. im just here so i wont get fined

2. im just here so i wont get fined

3. im just here so i wont get fined

4. im just here so i wont get fined

5. im just here so i wont get fined

6. im just here so i wont get fined

1.) THE BOYS ARE BUZZIN IT DOESN'T SNOW DOWN HERE IN MEXICO HYLANDS BUT LET ME TELLING YOU WE HAVE BEEN SKIING THE ENTIRE TIME WE WON. IT FEELS AMAZING, WE ALL WORKED SO HARD FOR THIS AND AS YOU CAN SEE I AM AMPED UP.

2.) BOYS ITS BEEN SICK HAVING THE HOT STREAK GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS IS A GREAT START NOW WE NEED TO FINISH WHAT WE STARTED

3.) WINNING THE PRIME MINISTER'S CUP IN MY FIRST FULL SEASON IN THE LEAGUE.

4.) EMERSON OR JUSTIN LOSE OR RJ OR WU OR ANYONE ON THE SQUAD. WE ALL PLAYED OUR HEARTS OUT

5.) NO I LOVE IT. BUT I HEARD THE CANUCKS LOGO MIGHT GET CHANGED 

6.*TAKES A SWIG OF TEQUILA* ONLY DOWN HERE IN MEXICO YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH PINEAPPLE ON PIZZA