Mexico City Kings Press Conference

Nykonax

6 hours ago, Hylands said:

Prime Minister's Cup Winners edition!

1. We have clinched the best record in the entire league and Mexico's first Prime Minister's Cup. How good does that feel?

Couldn't be better, we have proven we are the best in regular season, now we have to do it again!

2. We've been on a great hot streak to end the season, how helpful will that be to bring into the playoffs?

We have built strong character. Good chemistry always leads to success

3. What has been your biggest surprise of the VHLM season?

That every game is unpredictable.

4. Who do you think has been the MVP of our season?

Any of our first line guys tho, can't name single. Crazy stats, hard to lose when they produce like that. 

5. Do you think the Mexico City Kings need a new logo?

Noo, old but gold.

6. Does pineapple belong on pizza?

I know the feeling when u don't have anything else in mind to ask. It's relies on who u ask to, but I have never eat one, so dunno. 

7 hours ago, Hylands said:

1. We have clinched the best record in the entire league and Mexico's first Prime Minister's Cup. How good does that feel?

2. We've been on a great hot streak to end the season, how helpful will that be to bring into the playoffs?

1. It feels amazing honestly knowing that we have officially claimed first in the entire VHLM. I remember when I was deciding on which team to play for that the Kings really interested me because they were in the middle of contenders and really pushed for a playoff spot. I'm grateful to have been brought back onto the team and that I went an entire season with them before shipping to Vancouver. It feels amazing to see the team grow and I'm honored to be a King during my time in the minors.

2. We're praying to not end up like Halifax last season. We run heavy on momentum and we have good hopes that we're gonna do more than we did last playoffs.

3. Besides Ottawa winning games, coming back from my cold streak and taking first place... Honestly it was a joy watching the standings, I'm a stathead and seeing the possibilites of who can go in was interesting cause I'd say Houston had a really good chance of making it, that was surprising.

4. Emerson, Lose, Thatcher, Wu, all of the teammates man we all put in a great work this season and I think they deserve it all. ....myself included.

5. Nope. The Kings logo is unique and I wouldn't have it any other way. If they really want change... maybe add some green? We already got the red and white so.. eh. I like what we got.

6. I swear I feel like I heard this before. Eh, I don't really got an opinion on it. I just eat cheese pizza and stick with that.

On 12/21/2020 at 11:29 AM, Hylands said:

1. It feels great and thanks to our great team and your skills we have done it

2. I think it will be helpful as it will keep our moral up

3.  Being 1st seed

4. our Goalie has been our MVP

5. No i think this one is fine

6. Yes 100%

On 12/21/2020 at 11:29 AM, Hylands said:

1. I'm super proud that our team is focused and talks a lot and had a goal and accomplished it. It warms my heart and makes me feel good that our team is locked in.

2. I love momentum and believe in it. Our team IRL is in a great space headwise, and I love seeing that sim wise our team is also on top and that we have things working for us.

3. Other than me coming back, I'm so proud that our coaching staff has been pushing all the right buttons and have gotten us to talk and make sure that we can earn well.

4 Definitely the coaching staff. Shoutout to @rory  for making me believe in myself again. I'm so happy to have met rory.

5. Nah, I like the color scheme and it reminds me of my SBDL team. I'm not gonna say no to a rebrand, but I'm pretty happy with it as is. 

6. Yes. pineapple and bacon and jalapenos with cheese crust and garlic butter is life. 

4 minutes ago, LefLop said:

4 Definitely the coaching staff. Shoutout to @rory  for making me believe in myself again. I'm so happy to have met rory.

Hahaha thank you for believing in my foul record dream

On 12/21/2020 at 10:29 AM, Hylands said:

1. It will only matter if we win it all

2. Hot streaks always make for amazing finishes

3. That massive cold streak we went on in the middle of the season. Very scary times

4. Me ofc :)))))))))

5. Yes ish. More likely a name change tbh

6. idk, havent tried it

MEXICO CITY KINGS PRESS CONFERENCE

#ALL CAPS EDITION!

1. WE ELIMINATED HALIFAX BY WINNING THE SERIES 4-1. DID THAT PRETTY MUCH GO AS EXPECTED?

2. WE HAVE A MATCHUP WITH EITHER LAS VEGAS OR SASKATOON IN THE NEXT ROUND, WHO ARE YOU HOPING WE GET?

3. WHICH TEAM HAS IMPRESSED YOU THE MOST IN THE PLAYOFFS SO FAR?

4. DO YOU HAVE ANY PLAYOFF SUPERSTITIONS?

5. HOW PROUD ARE YOU OF THE VHL COMMUNITY FOR RAISING $3600 TO DONATE TO AMERICAN AND CANADIAN FOOD BANKS?

6. WHO DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO WIN THE VHL PLAYOFFS?

1 minute ago, Hylands said:

#ALL CAPS EDITION!

1. WE ELIMINATED HALIFAX BY WINNING THE SERIES 4-1. DID THAT PRETTY MUCH GO AS EXPECTED?

2. WE HAVE A MATCHUP WITH EITHER LAS VEGAS OR SASKATOON IN THE NEXT ROUND, WHO ARE YOU HOPING WE GET?

5. HOW PROUD ARE YOU OF THE VHL COMMUNITY FOR RAISING $3600 TO DONATE TO AMERICAN AND CANADIAN FOOD BANKS?

1. YES. I'M SURPRISED WE LOST EVEN ONE GAME.

2. LAS VEGAS. MY OLD PLAYER WAS ON THE SASKY CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM, SO I HOPE WE DON'T HAVE TO BEAT THEM.

3. HALIFAX, I DIDN'T EXPECT THEM TO WIN AT ALL.

4. ABSOLUTELY NOT. THERE IS NOTHING AT ALL I CHANGE IN MY BEHAVIOR HERE DURING THE PLAYOFFS.

5. THIS IS VERY IMPRESSIVE. I'VE VOLUNTEERED AT FOOD BANKS ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS AND I CAN SAY FOR SURE THE DONATIONS ARE NEEDED AND APPRECIATED.

6. OF COURSE IT'S GONNA BE US.

1 minute ago, Hylands said:

#ALL CAPS EDITION!

1. Not really, I expected it to be a sweep but Halifax had some pretty good goal scorers.

2. I would prefer to play against Saskatoon, they have a great team but Vegas has a scary ammount of capped guys.

3. San Diego, they only gave up 5 goals and swept Miami

4. Mexico vs San Diego for the final and Mexico win in 7

5. I am very proud of it and I really didn’t expect such a crazy ammount. The auctions were really where I got the most impressed.

6. Mexico, if one of our players say otherwise please mute him

3 hours ago, Hylands said:

#ALL CAPS EDITION!

1. I THINK WE REALLY WORKED TOGETHER AS A TEAM AND WE PULLED THROUGH. IT WAS A FUN SERIES BUT NOW WE HAVE TO BE SERIOUS.

2. SASKATOON WOULD BE COOL SINCE THEY ARE THE UNDERDOGS VS VEGAS.

3. GOTTA BE SAN DIEGO. THEY BEAT LAST SEASONS CHAMPS IN A SWEEP.

4. YES BUT I WON'T SAY WHAT IT IS SO WE CAN'T BE JINXED.

5. HELL YEAH! THIS IS A GREAT COMMUNITY AND I'M HONORED TO BE APART OF IT.

6. I THINK VANCOUVER HAS A SHOT AT BEING BACK TO BACK CHAMPS THIS SEASON.

ABSOLUTELY NOT! I AM SHOCKED. BAG SKATES ALL AROUND FOR THE PLAYERS WHO PLAYED WORSE IN GAME 4!

IT DOESN'T MATTER. THE KINGS DEMAND BLOOD. THE KINGS WILL ACQUIRE SAID BLOOD FROM WHOEVER IS UNFORTUNATE ENOUGH TO WIN!

UHH, NONE? MEXICO LOST A GAME, AND THE REST OF THE TEAMS ARE KINDA GARBAGE. SO NONE, THAT'S THE ANSWER.

NOPE NONE AT ALL. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THAT WE ARE DOING IN MEXICO THAT IS A SUPERSTITION.

I AM 8/10 PROUD. $3600 IS A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF MONEY AND I AM VERY HAPPY THAT WE COULD DELIVER THAT TO PEOPLE IN NEED.

DON'T CARE, MOST HYPE TOURNAMENT IS DRAFT LOTTERY TOURNAMENT CAUSE THAT'S GOATED. IF I HAD TO CHOOSE I'M PICKING THE PHOENIX BIRDS

On 12/29/2020 at 7:13 PM, Hylands said:

#ALL CAPS EDITION!

It wasn't a swept, so we wasted the energy in one game, but we still going strong in second round

Not thinking about that, don't even know those teams. It's all on us and our performance.

Halifax of course. It didn't go as expected, but I like cus it's fun

Myself nothing much, just trying to be as ready as possible. Not shaving our beards of course.. also not leaving the ice after the warmup as first, we wait for opponents to leave. 

I mean, jeez, that is fantastic. Much respect for the all members who donated and even who would be donating if they got a chance.

Is that even a question? We have all the tools for doing that 

Edited by linsangeles

On 12/29/2020 at 11:13 AM, Hylands said:

#ALL CAPS EDITION!

1) I thought we should have swept them but you know Simon he’s unpredictable. 

2) I’m hoping we play Vegas next round. 

3) Nobody is as impressive as the Kings lol. 

4) Not really I just eat good and get some rest. 

5) Yes that was amazing raising all those donations. 

6) I would say either Helsinki or Vancouver again. 

On 12/29/2020 at 12:13 PM, Hylands said:

#ALL CAPS EDITION!

1. OHHHH IM SO GRATEFUL WE WON THAT. I was praying we didn’t pull off a Halifax, to Halifax. 
2. Vegas baby. They took us out last postseason and we want revenge for this one, it’ll be worth every second too. 
3. San Diego definitely did, if there was going to be an upset win I would assume Miami uses their magic to move on but it wasn’t even close. A complete sweep. We were close to one ourselves but it is what it is. 
4. The classics like shaving beards and doing little rituals. Usually for postseason I like wearing the same hat and shoes to the locker room when coming into the arena. If we lose I change it up but if it works it’ll stay.

5. I’m incredibly proud of them, I didn’t get the chance to donate but to see everyone as a community be so serious and caring, it makes me happy and proud to be in this community.

6. VANCOUVER BABY LETS GO BACK TO BACK CHAMPS. 

#ALL CAPS FINALS EDITION!

1. WE BRUSHED OFF LAS VEGAS WINNING THE SERIES 4-1, WAS THAT A SURPRISE TO YOU?

2. WE ARE NOW PLAYING THE REAPERS IN THE FINALS. AS IT STANDS THE SERIES IS 1-1, WHAT DO WE NEED TO DO TO TAKE A SERIES LEAD BACK HOME?

3. WHO DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO COME UP BIG FOR US IN THE FINALS HERE?

4. ARE YOU MORE NERVOUS OR MORE EXCITED FOR THE CUP FINALS?

5. WHAT WILL BE OUR SECRET WEAPON TO TAKING DOWN PHILADELPHIA?

6. GIVE ME ONE EXAMPLE OF WHY RORY IS THE BEST!

25 minutes ago, Hylands said:

2. WE ARE NOW PLAYING THE REAPERS IN THE FINALS. AS IT STANDS THE SERIES IS 1-1, WHAT DO WE NEED TO DO TO TAKE A SERIES LEAD BACK HOME?

1. NOPE. AFTER GOING HARD IN THE FIRST SERIES I LAID BACK A BIT. I'M 1000% READY FOR THE FINAL THOUGH.

2. WE JUST GOTTA GET IN THEIR HEADS AND BREAK THEM DOWN.

3. RIGHT NOW WE ARE ALL DOING OUR BEST OUT THERE. I CAN'T SINGLE ANYONE OUT.

4. EXCITED! THIS IS WHAT EVERYONE WORKS FOR IN THE SEASON. ALL OF OUR HARD WORK PAYING OFF.

5. I GOT INSIDE INFORMATION FROM WHEN I WAS WITH PHILLY. I KNOW SOME OF THEIR SECRETS.

6. UM... RORY ENFORCES ALL CAPS IN THE LOCKER ROOM. NO NORMAL TALKING ALLOWED.

5 hours ago, Hylands said:

1. I definitely want to say it was a surprise for us. Vegas was one of those teams we've had trouble and beef with a while ago and to see them suffer the same fate as Halifax? I love it. I can't complain, it's worth it. 4-1 Aces beat the Kings in Season 74, 4-1 Kings beat the Aces in Season 75.

2. Ride the momentum home, so far the past two games against Philly have been a lot more competitive and close than we expect. We're running off a game winning goal to avoid any potential sweep, let's keep the aggression going.

3. Everyone. That's the joy of sports, whether you're on the bench or the starting lineup, if you're on the postseason roster.. anything can happen. Miracles are the best part of it all, whether it's someone like myself, Foley, Thatcher, Dom, Lose, Hogan, Wu, Emerson.. anyone. It can happen.

4. I'm a bit nervous, last time I was in the postseason, I only made 5 games. Performing is going to be exciting and nerve-racking but completely worth it in the end. 

5. Heart and chemistry. In the locker room it sounds like everyone is yelling from the excitement and rush from being this far, we're keeping the superstitions alive, the good energy there and nothing but heart when we go on the ice. We all want to win a cup, that's what we want. Give Mexico City its first championship.

6. No further questions.

9 hours ago, Hylands said:

1. Las Vegas is a good team... glad I didn’t join them tho made a good choice lol. But I was not surprised to flatten them. Was expecting a bit more of a challenge tho.

2. We got to play the long game, the reapers are a very strong depth team as long as we can shut down their 3-4 lines so that they can’t play depth we should have the championship.

3. Me I know I’m the new guy this season but I want to get making some big plays to help out the boys in this series

4. I’m nervous and excited at the same time it would be nice to get the ship on my first go around but I’m scared at the fact the reapers are a team that can beat us if they play good. 
5. good defensive games and solid goaltending.

6. He’s just a dear old cutie pie.... POG CHAMP 2021

On 1/5/2021 at 4:42 PM, Hylands said:

1) It’s never a surprise winning with this team. 

2) We just need to play better defensively and score more than them. 

3) We have a huge amount of depth so it could be anybody. 

4) I’m excited and ready to win this. 

5) It’s not really a secret we just need to establish puck possession and control the game. 

6) Rory is the best cuz he eats tacos any time of the day 😂

On 1/5/2021 at 5:42 PM, Hylands said:

1. to be honnest, it wasn't a surprise to beat Vegas but it was a surprise to do it in 5, I expected it to be in 6 or 7 games.

2. I'm a little late on that one I believe :(

3. Rj Tatcher has been our top player in my opinion.

4. I was both nervous and excited for it

5. Not the all caps! that didn't work.

6. Rory is the best on the worse team of the VHL 😛

On 1/6/2021 at 12:42 AM, Hylands said:

Was that surprise to anyone? I don't think so.

It was clear that it's gonna be tough series. We just didn't need to even think "what if we fck this up"?

Yeah, I know finals are over, but still need this presser. Defence was.. it was very high scoring games.

I was excited really

TO HOLD DAMN CAPS!!

Why we even need examples lol

On 1/5/2021 at 5:42 PM, Hylands said:

1. ITS ALWAYS GREAT TO WIN A SERIES SO HATS OFF TO THE ACES. I AM SURPRISED WE WON SO EASILY THEY ARE A TOUGH OPPONENT

2. I NEED TO PLAY BETTER. KRUUL SUCK

3. I HOPE ITS ME. BUT I LOVE THE WUMAN

4. THIS IS MY LAST SERIES SEEING THE ICE SO IM NERVOUS AF DUH

5. ALL CAPS BABY WE BE SHOUTING ALL THE TIME THEY DON"T KNOW WHY THEY HIT HIM

6. HE CHEERS ME UP WHEN I"M DOWN IN THE OTHER LEAGUES.

• 2 weeks later...

#Season 76 is here edition!

1. Any early predictions for the potential Founder's Cup winner in the VHLM?

2. How do you rate our chances of a playoff run this season?

3. How did draft day go for you? Were you surprised by when/where you were selected?

4. What are your goals as a player for this season?

5. What did you get up to this off-season? Anything exciting?

6. What is your pregame ritual looking like recently?

1. Obviously my prediction for the cup winner is Mexico City, with an excellent draft, they should be ready to win the cup!

2. Mexico is likely to make a playoff rum, and even be a cup contender. I’m glad I’m here for the ride.

3. I was surprised I was selected by Mexico City, but I was happy too! It’s nice to know that someone is giving my character a chance.

4. I’d like to be able to increase Shaggy’s importance on the team. I’d like to be able to eventually raise him to 2nd or 3rd line, but it’ll take some time of course.

5. Not really, irl Covid stopped me from doing anything exciting. At least I have the vhlm season to look forward to!

6. Well I don’t really have a pregame ritual, but if I did it would be whatever got my team a win!

1. Any early predictions for the potential Founder's Cup winner in the VHLM?

No, I don't really know the league's roster that well.

2. How do you rate our chances of a playoff run this season?

I believe we can finish top 4 and make a decent run in the playoffs.

3. How did draft day go for you? Were you surprised by when/where you were selected?

I was incredibly surprised. I hadn't heard anything from Mexico City and wasn't expecting to go until Round 3 so to go in the 1st is a huge accomplishment.

4. What are your goals as a player for this season?

200 shot blocks and 200 hits. I want to make my presence felt.

5. What did you get up to this off-season? Anything exciting?

No, just stayed home in the good old UK and drank a lot of pints.

6. What is your pregame ritual looking like recently?

Drinking a lot of pints.