Mexico City Kings Press Conference

Nykonax

1. Our 1st round matchup is against the Las Vegas Aces, do you think we can brush them off?

I think we are most definitely the favored to win, I'm not expecting a sweep but we should be moving on fairly easily.

2. Of all the 1st round matchups, who is most likely to pull off an upset?

Miami is the team I would wage can pull an upset.

3. Any thoughts on who will be taking over Mexico City after I leave for Malmo?

Not sure, Juice could be a good option but I'm not sure what the Commissioners have in mind.

4. Which team in the VHL or VHLM has the best logo?

That is really tough, I think there are a lot of good logos in the league.  I think the only one that I think really needs some work is the Storm's logo, mostly just because it doesn't seem to really fit with the name.

5. Are you looking forward to either draft that's coming up?

I'm just in the VHLM draft but I'm excited.  I spent the entirety of my previous M career in Philadelphia, could be cool to experience a new place.

6. Are you currently binge watching any TV shows?

I'm not, most recently I was watching The Good Place, but stopped.  I think the show is good, but just fell out of the mood of binging something.

1. Our 1st round matchup is against the Las Vegas Aces, do you think we can brush them off?

I think we are the better team, but I don't think it will be a blow out. I think we can find the back of the net at will, but we need to be tight defensively in the playoffs. I'm confident in the win, but I don't think it will be a brush off.

2. Of all the 1st round matchups, who is most likely to pull off an upset?

The Miami and Yukon series should be the closest one. So far after sim-one it has been.

3. Any thoughts on who will be taking over Mexico City after I leave for Malmo?

No idea. I think most people would think @Juiceis an easy transition being in the LR and is a big voice for the team already. I would fully support that, but I think there are a lot of interesting and qualified candidates for the job.

4. Which team in the VHL or VHLM has the best logo?

I really like Mexico City and DC. I mean those are the two teams I'm on but I truly do think they are the better ones on the site. Boubabi's Stockholm logo will forever be the goat logo imo.

5. Are you looking forward to either draft that's coming up?

Really looking forward to the VHLM Draft. I'm interested where Markinson will land. I think the Draft process with Graves went by so fast, and no one really knew who I was as I was returning from hiatus.

6. Are you currently binge watching any TV shows?

The gf and I just binged three seasons of The Sinner on Netflix. Pretty good stuff.

:mck:Mexico City Kings Press Conference :mck:

AGM edition!

1. We are CRUISING through the playoffs, however we are at the final destination as we all expected. The finals against Houston. We are currently at 1 win and 1 loss so far, what do you think we need to approve based on the first two games?

2. How has your player done so far in the playoffs in your eyes?

3. With Hylands departure soon and the newly appointed GM being @Advantage, what is one thing you hopes stays the same and what is one thing you hope Advantage looks into to change/adjust?

4. In one sentence, what would you want to say to @Hylandsbefore he goes off to Malmo?

5. What is your go-to snack when watching a movie?

6. If there was one place you'd want to see an expansion team move to, where would it be and what would it's name be?

1. We are CRUISING through the playoffs, however we are at the final destination as we all expected. The finals against Houston. We are currently at 1 win and 1 loss so far, what do you think we need to approve improve based on the first two games?

I think defensively we need to be tighter, but we really need to just play our game, and show we are the better team. We got here because of the team we are, we will win for that same reason.

Not bad. Considering he was a late year signing, expectations are tempered. I'm glad he isn't a liability, and has had good hit totals. Overall, this is more a team experience for Markinson more than anything.

3. With Hylands departure soon and the newly appointed GM being @Advantage, what is one thing you hopes stays the same and what is one thing you hope Advantage looks into to change/adjust?

ADV has a ton of experience, and I think that's a huge thing he brings to the table. A lot of SIM experience and he knows what works in STHS. I think Mexico will be in good hands, and he seems to be into the team already.

4. In one sentence, what would you want to say to @Hylandsbefore he goes off to Malmo?

Hope to play for you again!

Skittles for sweet, otherwise Doritos.

6. If there was one place you'd want to see an expansion team move to, where would it be and what would it's name be?

It'd be cool to see the Bratislava Watchmen come back to life. That'd be neato.

1. We are CRUISING through the playoffs, however we are at the final destination as we all expected. The finals against Houston. We are currently at 1 win and 1 loss so far, what do you think we need to approve based on the first two games?

I'm not surprised we have cruised to the finals, but Houston will be a challenge.  I think we just have to play together as a team and take it up a notch to win.

Ughhhh they have done pretty much nothing, I think the highlight for them is as a winger going 2/2 on faceoffs in one of the games.  This is to be expected though as I play on the 4th line.

3. With Hylands departure soon and the newly appointed GM being @Advantage, what is one thing you hopes stays the same and what is one thing you hope Advantage looks into to change/adjust?

I'm not sure, I was a late season addition to the team and I'm in the VHLM draft so I'm not sure where I will be next season.  ADV has a good resume for GMing in the past though so I think the Kings are in good hands.

4. In one sentence, what would you want to say to @Hylandsbefore he goes off to Malmo?

Thanks for picking me up as a recreate when you are competing and hope to play for you again in the future.

I'm not a big movie watcher, but probably just some buttery popcorn or candy snacks.

Hmm I'm not sure, there are lots of good hockey places left to have a team.  I wouldn't be sad though if the VHL's own Madrid Thunder came back!

4 hours ago, Juice said:

3. With Hylands departure soon and the newly appointed GM being @Advantage, what is one thing you hopes stays the same and what is one thing you hope Advantage looks into to change/adjust?

4. In one sentence, what would you want to say to @Hylandsbefore he goes off to Malmo?

1. play like usual, attack attack attack, and defense!!!!

2. not bad, really making different, the best playoffs performance from my player

3. the teamwork!!!!

4. bye. LOL

5. chips

6. tokyo. Tokyo Samurai

21 hours ago, Juice said:

AGM edition!

1)We just need to stick to our game and not let them get us chasing. Stay out of the penalty box. 

2) Verlander is playing really well. I think he can always do better. 

3) I leave and go to the VHL next season I can’t answer that. 

4) Thanks to Hylands for being such helpful and fun GM I appreciate you!

5) I love a good brownie or Reece cups. 

6) I would love to see St. Louis to make it to the VHL. How could we not represent the Midwest by adding one the greatest hockey towns on the map?

22 hours ago, Juice said:

AGM edition!

Hype the locker room up as much as possible

BAD, at this time ive only generated 4 points in 12 games, if i dont step my game up i will probably stay in the VHLM another season.

Theres a very good chance im not playing in Mexico next season, so i have no say in this.

Frick Malmö.

Chips

Rögle, Rögle BK

• 2 weeks later...

:mck:Mexico City Kings Press Conference :mck:

*Answer all six questions for 2 Capped TPE*

1. With the off-season well under way, what are you looking to improve on going into next season?

2. What goals do you have your player going into the upcoming season?

3. If you could change one thing about the VHL or VHLM, what would it be?

4. How has the pandemic been for you? What are you doing to keep busy?

5. Favourite pregame meal prior to a Mexico City Kings game?

6. Once the pandemic is over, what will be the first thing you do?

@duckberg32 @LT.CHICKEN NUGGETS @DrummerBoy15 @capogna @KingMortie @Jakefufu @williamirc

@McKelvie @v.2

Edited by Advantage

1. With the off-season well under way, what are you looking to improve on going into next season?

- Leadership, skating and providing offensive strength from the back end.

- Establish myself as a top tier defensemen in the VHLM, and climb up the draft rankings to prepare for the VHL draft.

- To be determined as I am a newly returning member.

- Plenty of video games and home cooked meals.  Exercising as much as possible to stay in game shape.

- Chicken parm, or a nice steak with sweet potato and asparagus. 

- Hopefully go out for team dinners, and blow a cheque at the mall.

I am hoping to be more of a passer/playmaking winger, so I'll be working on me saucers and stick handling over the offseason.

I'm hoping to be playing 1st line minutes by the end of the season and on the top powerplay unit.

I would put Jonathan McKelvie in the HHOF.

Playing Destiny 2 with @v.2 and going for runs.

Chicken Tacos with Rice

Kiss my homies. 

1. With the off-season well under way, what are you looking to improve on going into next season?

I definitely want to try and be more consistent from week to week. Picking up points for a couple games in a row and then disappearing on my team won't help anyone throughout the course of an entire season. 

I just want to play as best as I can. I'd love to win rookie of the year but I know there is some tough competition. 

The main thing the VHL needs is me to be playing in it!

4. How has the pandemic been for you? What are you doing to keep busy?

I began a blog and a Dungeons & Drsgons campaign with other VHL players. Its been.... interested to say the least. 

I had a dream to try every local place in the city, but that has been put on hold until the pandemic ends. For now I do some light carbs and a salad to keep my energy up during the game. 

I'm going to lick Anime Protagonist @Jericho

Edited by duckberg32

1. What are your thoughts on our interesting start to the season?

2. What goals do you have long-term in the VHLM/VHL?

3. Anything management can do for you and your player?

4. If you could bring in any player to Mexico City, who would it be?

5. Favourite postgame meal prior to a Mexico City Kings game?

6. Biggest pet peeve?

@v.2 @McKelvie @duckberg32 @Jakefufu @LT.CHICKEN NUGGETS @DrummerBoy15

The first 3 games were great but its now evident that we desperately need an upgrade in net.

Become a known 2 way D-man, and WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Hop in the net and stop pucks.  Jk, management has been great so far.

Kuba Fleury or Darcy Cat.

Fish tacos and oysters.

6. Biggest pet peeve?

Stupid drivers, and not getting condiments in takeout bags.

Edited by v.2

Nothing wrong with production, but the team, including myself, need to work on keeping the puck out of our net. 

To be an all-around offensive weapon, but to also win a championship. 

Provide me every opportunity for TPE.. uhh I mean training. 

Any guy who comes with a set of pads, a glove and a blocker. Helmet optional. 

This question is a paradox, but nothing wrong with some butter chicken before or after a game. 

6. Biggest pet peeve?

Hitting the post. 

23 hours ago, Advantage said:

6. Biggest pet peeve?

@v.2 @McKelvie @duckberg32 @Jakefufu @LT.CHICKEN NUGGETS @DrummerBoy15

1. I say it isn't the best but we can come back from it. I think once we figure out our goalie situation we will be better

2. Get a championship ring is my largest goal. 

3. Not right now, if i have any requests I usually talk directly. 

4. Like VHL player? I am kinda new and not familiar with the players right now

5. Sushi

6. Drum beats. 

Mexico City Kings Press Conference :mck:

1. Besides getting a goalie, how would you improve our team?

2. What is your favourite Hockey moment of your lifetime?

3. If you didn't become a professional hockey player, what would you have been?

4. If you could choose a new location for a brand new VHLM team, where would you go?

5. Favourite Hockey movie or show of all-time?

6. Any weird superstitions you have when it comes to getting ready for a game?

@duckberg32 @DrummerBoy15 @v.2 @McKelvie @KingMortie

2 minutes ago, Advantage said:

4. If you could choose a new location for a brand new VHLM team, where would you go?

1. Defense and puck handling. Also standing up for teammates during a fight, remember that big one.

2. Probably getting signed 

3. Basketballl player all the way. 

4. Hong Kong

5. Don't watch hockey movies

6. Holding a puck is more luck i guess. 

Getting more players, we have a very small roster compared to the rest of the league. 

Scoring my first VHLM goal.

an Instagram model. 

Bishops Falls, NL

5. Favourite Hockey movie or show of all-time?

D2

Eat skittles before every game. 

1 hour ago, Advantage said:

1. Get some more bodies on the roster, specifically second and third pairing D to try and keep more pucks out.

2. 4 goal game in Calgary during high school.  Or Crosby's golden goal...

3. Probably a crack head... Seriously though hockey is my passion and I can't imagine doing anything else.

4. Doha, Qatar

5. Hockey Night in Canada

6. Chug an iced coffee

On 3/30/2021 at 6:54 PM, Advantage said:

1. We have been letting too many shots on net along with needing help in net I would love an upgrade at the blue line.

2. Scoring my first hat trick in Pee Wee league.

3. Bored? Probably would have ended up in real estate. I know a lot of people involved with that.

4. Who wouldn't love a team from Alaska?

5. Goon, hands down the best hockey movie. Close second is H-E-Double Hockey sticks because of how bad it is.

6. I must put on new laces before every game. I ripped my laces mid game one time and had a really bad time about it.

1. With two recent wins, what are your expectations for the rest of the season?

2. Is Bastian Greiss that good as a goalie or are we on an upswing?

3. Favourite place to eat in Mexico City?

4. You can add any one rule to the league, what is it?

5. Do we need a new logo in your opinion?

6. We are entering a lockdown where I live....how have you been handling covid and all that comes with it lately?

@v.2 @McKelvie @duckberg32 @DrummerBoy15 @ThatsGreissy @Darth Kaprizov @Yolo @Shane Laz

I believe that the Mexico City Kings can now go on an unbeaten run and dominate the weaker competition.

Greiss is a generational talent, but the whole team has come together to build a team that is incredibly tough to defeat.

Mexican Taco Bell is superior to any other franchise. Their plastic cheese kind of tastes like the real thing!

All VHFL drafts must abide by the 12 hour limit. Those that defy this rule will be handed over to the Sinaloa Cartel for punishment.

Yes and I have supplied a suitable replacement. The Mexico City Mariachis would be terrific.

mcmar.png

6. We are entering a lockdown where I live....how have you been handling covid and all that comes with it lately?

Not an issue here and I wish it was the same everywhere. We have everything reopened, crowds at sporting events and are now allowed to travel freely domestically, and to NZ if we want. Our vaccination rollout sucks but we are going OK to be honest. Good luck to everyone still affected.

Two more wins baby!

Check the VHLM leaders. This guy is going to be a first round pick.

Los Pollos Hermanos

At some point into the season, new players will get assigned to VHLM teams based on record or roster size. They also need a minimum amount of TPE to get assigned so they confirm they will be active.

Yes. Not the greatest logo in this political climate and doesn't really relate to a king or Mexico City. 

NL just came out of a short lockdown, but for the most of the pandemic its been pretty easy going. 

Edited by McKelvie

Keep adding more young talent of course...

Drinking beers with teammates in the parking lot after a game.  

Pro Skateboarder

Tampa Bay, FL

Slapshot by a mile

Fresh tape on my twig