Mexico City Kings Press Conference

Nykonax

1.)  Ya gotta believe.  If we all do our jobs, we can go deep !!

2.)  Rooster wasn't holding back.  He/She/They give it 100% every time on the ice.  A true pro.

3.)  With regards to Fuhr, part of his success is his incredible skillset.  The other part of his success is what his teammates are doing in front of him.

4.)  Other than having to pack all my necessities and sleeping in frequently uncomfortable beds, my game day routine is much the same as for a home game.  Wouldn't want to put a hex on things don'cha know !!!

5.)  It's gotta be deep sea fishing.  I do a lot of freshwater fishing, but have never tried for those really big salt water fish.

6.)  I would like to return to northern Scotland/Orkney/Outer Isles.  That place is truly mystical.

On 3/9/2022 at 4:28 AM, youloser1337 said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 3/13/22

(Answer 6 Questions for 2 Capped TPE)

1. The season is now over and our sights are now all set on the playoffs. Do you think we can pull out a deep playoff run?

2. Matt Rooster was just 2 points shy of breaking 100 points this season. Do you think he was holding back for the playoffs?

3. Brandt Fuhr is now ranked 2nd in the teams history for GAA during the regular season. What do you think was the key factors for that?

4. 2 road games versus Ottawa. What is your routine for a road game?

5. Any surprises in the playoffs? Could be VHL / VHLE / VHLM.

6. Do you think there could be any upsets in the playoffs this season?

7. What hobby would you love to try at least once?

8. What vacations are you planning for the future (or want to plan if you have Covid restrictions)?

1. Why not? We had a great first round and we're a strong team. I'm still growing and learning, so I can't see why we shouldn't have a great playoff run.

2. Matt was not holding back! He tried his best but didn't succeed. On the other hand, it appears to have lit a fire in his belly which has helped him in the playoffs.

3. Brandt is a machine. Is a big part of our success even when we don't offer much help on defense he's there to save us.

5/6. We could be a surprise and an upset this year. Houston is a favorite to win the VHLM, but I feel we can surprise them and do what Las Vegas has been doing to Philadephia, and in the end upset them.

7. I'd love to have the opportunity to play ice hockey. Not common here, so I've only skated around the ice during winter.

8. My fiancée and I are planning a small trip for the first time since Covid hit. We're driving to Madrid for a weekend soon but will try to fly to Paris for a week this summer.

2 hours ago, leandrofg said:

8. My fiancée and I are planning a small trip for the first time since Covid hit. We're driving to Madrid for a weekend soon but will try to fly to Paris for a week this summer.

Paris is very lovely. If you need advice from the locals though it is sometimes difficult if you do not speak French (luckily I do, so I had no problems)

14 minutes ago, Daniel Janser said:

Paris is very lovely. If you need advice from the locals though it is sometimes difficult if you do not speak French (luckily I do, so I had no problems)

I did learn French when I was younger. I could probably speak it (poorly), but nowadays I feel like I wouldn't understand a native speaker. Luckily I have some family there who can help us when we get there! :D

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 3/20/22

1. Round 1 is over! We swept the back to back Champs! How are you feeling about that sweep?

2. There will be a new cup champion because of us! Would you say this is going to give us momentum going into round 2?

3. Round 2 we face Houston. Predictions?

4. Do you think being the number 1 team going into playoffs is a curse?

5. How are you staying conditioned with this playoff run?

6. Who should we rely on going forward in the net? Fuhr was a beast in Round 1 but freeze would do amazing too.

7. Work has been absolutely crazy for me lately. How is work for you?

8. How do you find your zen / peace? I usually do a calming breath. Highly recommend it!

2 minutes ago, youloser1337 said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 3/20/22

1. Round 1 is over! We swept the back to back Champs! How are you feeling about that sweep?

2. There will be a new cup champion because of us! Would you say this is going to give us momentum going into round 2?

6. Who should we rely on going forward in the net? Fuhr was a beast in Round 1 but freeze would do amazing too.

8. How do you find your zen / peace? I usually do a calming breath. Highly recommend it!

1. Unbelievable team effort. Every single person on the roster left everything out there on the ice and then some. I'm extremely proud of our team.

2. I would definitely say that this is a huge confidence booster. People might say that we weren't supposed to be here, but here we are. 

3. I'm not so sure about this one. It's going to be a tough series but I'm sure we're up for the challenge and will give it a good fight. 

4. There is probably some merit to it. The team with the most hype going into the playoffs often have the most to lose. 

6. I'm not very well-versed with goalies, but I think the goalie that's hot should be playing. 

7. I DoorDash, so work is not very much a problem. I have to DoorDash due to my hectic schedule.

13 minutes ago, youloser1337 said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 3/20/22

1. Hope to carry that momentum into the games against Houston! We're riding on Fuhr's shoulders, he will carry us to the motherland.

2. I hope so! Houston is an insanely deep team, so our secondary lines will need to do their best to hold their own. I think this series will be decided through penalties and special teams, so hopefully we stay out of the box!

3. I think it's going to go 6 or 7 games, it could go either way, but I believe in the Kings!

6. Start Fuhr in the first 2 games for sure. He is the hottest goalie in the M. However if we go down 0-2, I'd say swap. Freeze is lowkey fire, and now at ~200 TPE, the slightly different build could prove better, you never know.

7. Likewise, trying to juggle 3 projects and expand a team is proving to be much more challenging than I anticipated

8. Music, downtempo genre 👌

I Love a good sweep, the longer break gives everyone more time to recover from those niggling injuries.

I think it definitely does, you want that sort of confidence that we can beat anyone.

I think we should win the series 4-2.

I think it is just the added pressure plus the people coming up against you will need to be on the top of their game.

I do a morning jog and hit the bike before the sun goes down to keep my fitness up.

Work has been ridiculously busy, would just like it to slow down a bit.

It was a good time, and it was nice to see us come up big.

Facing Houston, unfortunately no. 

Well, I think we lose game 1 in double OT and kind of get blown out in game 2. Beyond that?

Not a curse, but not necessarily the ringing endorsement it would seem to be.

Read my media from yesterday! Punching shit!

Gotta be Fuhr, no offense to Freddie.

Think it will be close but we will win

I think it is a curse cause we will beat them

Good exercise and diet.

Freeze is always a good backup option if Fuhr has a bad day.

We are flat out like always

Sit outside with a can of coke, and watch the world go by

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 3/27/22

1. We got eliminated in round 2 by Houston in 7 games. What are your thoughts?

2. What do you think went wrong?

3. Who do you think will win the cup, Saskatoon or Houston?

4. This off season is the world cup and the world juniors. Are you looking forward to that?

5. Have you been following the vhl playoffs? If so, who do you think will win?

6. Do you think there were any upsets in any of the playoff series in vhl/vhle/vhlm?

7. With the draft coming up soon, what are you doing to impress the scouts?

8. Do you think we can make another run at the cup next season?

1 hour ago, youloser1337 said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 3/27/22

4. This off season is the world cup and the world juniors. Are you looking forward to that?

6. Do you think there were any upsets in any of the playoff series in vhl/vhle/vhlm?

1. Tough loss, such a close series, but it was a great and fun run!

2. MEX D1 / D2 were a liability 💔

3. I guessed that Saskatoon would win, but Houston has really shown to have some solid firepower. I'm going to stick with Saskatoon though!

4. Of course, Leo + myself are on the same Team Europe. Looking forward to carrying our chemistry from MEX to the World Juniors.

5. Hard to vote against the most meta of teams, Vancouver.

6. Seattle had a healthy run, was impressed by how well their team meshed in the playoffs.

3 hours ago, youloser1337 said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 3/27/22

1. We made it so far and accomplished so much. We swept the two-time defending champion in the first round and forced this series to seven games. I'm extremely proud to be a part of this group

2. I think we were just simply outnumbered. They had so many skilled guys and their goalies were also great.

4. Yes I am! I was selected to team USA along with Rooster, and I am very excited for this great opportunity. 

5. No, not really, but I think Moscow is looking pretty good. 

6. Yes, we were the ones that caused a huge upset in the first round of the playoffs!

I thought we gave Houston a pretty good run.  That series could have gone either way, so we were very, very close !

Without getting into the vagaries of STHS, I think it was a combination of things, but mostly because we didn't bring our A game to Game 7.

3. This off season is the world cup and the world juniors. Are you looking forward to that?

Not really, as Noodles is not participating in either affair.

4. Have you been following the vhl playoffs? If so, who do you think will win?

Noodles is a recreate.  My former player, Isau DaMoose has been with Riga for his entire career.  It was great that Riga made a deep run in Isau's last season, but it is too bad they couldn't have gone all the way and reward Isau with a championship to end his career.

5. With the draft coming up soon, what are you doing to impress the scouts?

Noodles is not draftable in the current year, so the point is kinda moot.  In any event, Noodles will continue to work on his skillset as an offensively talented winger who takes his defensive responsibilities seriously.

6. Do you think we can make another run at the cup next season?

No reason why not.  There will remain a core of players that will help with that and with a good draft and maybe a trade or two, The Kings should return to the Promised Land.

On 3/15/2022 at 3:00 PM, youloser1337 said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 3/20/22

1. It feels great! It was a team effort. On to the next round!

2. It's anyone's game now. I think it will bring us great momentum into the next round.

3. Its going to be a long hard-fighting series. I believe we can do it.

4. There's definitely a lot of pressure as a team going in as the 1 seed, but this team is built to win it all.

5. Ice baths and lots of water! Have to stay hydrated.

6. If its not broke...don't fix it! Fuhr has been on fire. Freeze is a great goalie as well.

7. VERY busy. Just started an internship.

8. Watching a movie and relaxing on the couch. Nothing better.

On 3/24/2022 at 12:07 PM, youloser1337 said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 3/27/22

1. It was a long series, and we just came up short at the last opportunity.

2. I think we had some unfortunate plays go against us in-game and it paid the price of a loss.

3. As an alumni of Houston, I believe they're going to go all the way for the cup.

4. Yes! I really am. Hopefully I can participate.

5. I believe the Vancouver Wolves will go all-the-way.

6. I have to say, us knocking off the previous champion was pretty great!

7. I've been drafted already.

8. No doubt, this time it will be ours.

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 4/3/22

1. New attributes, what is your reaction to the new system?

2. What playstyle are you building for now?

3. How do you think this will impact the 3 leagues?

4. Do you think this will make games even more competitive now?

5. Do you think this will change your / the overall draft stock of players?

6. Spring is here! How's the weather?

7. Got any good April Fools jokes?

8. What is your favorite video game currently?

Well, its a little more complicated, and the jury is still out on how the sim engine is going to react to all this.  So I haven't really decided as to whether or not I favor this move,

Essentially the same as before, but with much lower stats in each category.

Although the powers that be have said that there had been some testing done, as I mentioned above, I have to wait and see what happens over the course of the next season or two.

To be honest, I think that there will be more parity as there won't be many skills that are maxed out.  Meta is also more or less gone.

5. Spring is here! How's the weather?

WTF...it snowed here yesterday !!!!!!

6. What is your favorite video game currently?

I must be the only one.  I don't play video games.  (Red Dead: Redemption 2)

On 4/1/2022 at 11:25 PM, youloser1337 said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 4/3/22

0. First of all I'd like to address this as my last press conference as a part of the Mexico City Kings. I couldn't be more proud to have been a part of this team. To @youloser1337, I appreciate his belief in my player as he pursued a midseason trade - we were close! To the guys, @Berocka, @Insypher, @G_Rush, and mainly @Brandon... a pleasure sharing the LR with you!

1. I find it very intriguing! As a new player learning about how the VHL worked and getting to know the meta... most players seemed to trend in the same direction. Now, this may cause a little rift, I like it! The way it was done appeared flawless and I can't wait to see if the results are what the guys at the top expect.

2. Same as before. Playmaking, goalscoring Center. Trying to bring that Auston Matthews flair to a team near you!

3. I think it should balance out the field in every league. I don't know where it will be felt the most, but of course, it should be felt in the VHLE/M the most with the caps.

4. It should do just that! Due to the capped attributes of course, because it won't be easy stopping people from trying to exploit the engine in some way.

5. I don't think so, at least this first season. We don't know what works best so the stock should reflect the player's work (TPE) and character.

6. Moving up and down, side to side, like a rollercoaster. 😂

7. I hate April fools. Just because some news gets out... they seem awesome, but in the end, they're untrue. 😂

8. STHS. 😅

On 4/1/2022 at 6:25 PM, youloser1337 said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 4/3/22

1. I don't really have a reaction given that I only just started recently, but I think the system should help eliminate the meta.

2. I don't really know, I'd like to think that I would stick to what I've been doing but I can't be too sure. 

3. I think scoring might go down but that would probably be it. 

4. I think so given that people have to focus their resources on other attributes. 

5. I think GMs are going to have to pay more attention to the players they draft. 

7. Fallout New Vegas is and always will be my favorite game. There simply is nothing else like it. 

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 4/10/22

1. How did the VHL / VHLE draft go for you?

2. What do you think of the teams right now?

3. Are you excited about next season?

4. Do you think Mexico City can be competitive next season?

5. What do you think is the perfect combination for a winning team?

6. Do you think the VHLM GMs should be able to trade draft picks?

7. In your mind, what do you think the VHLM is all about?

Edited by youloser1337

1. How did the VHL / VHLE draft go for you?

Not very well, I am afraid.  Noodles did not get drafted, nor was he picked up as a Free Agent.  Difficult to understand given that he has 182 TPE and counting.

2. What do you think of the teams right now?

I think the VHLM and VHLE teams are missing the boat in not acquiring the services of one Noodles Marconi.

3. Are you excited about next season?

I might be if my player was, in fact, on a team !!

4. Do you think Mexico City can be competitive next season?

Yes, absolutely.  But they would be more competitive withNoodles patrolling one of the wings

5. What do you think is the perfect combination for a winning team?

For a winning combination, I think you need a combination of great talent and effective leadership.

6. In your mind, what do you think the VHLM is all about?

The VHLM is a great place for players new to the VHL to learn how to develop a player.  As well, for recreates, it provides a platform to develop a new build.

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 4/17/22

1. VHLM draft is done. What do you think of the team?

2. Do you think recreates should be moved up to the VHLE automatically at the end of the waiver season?

3. What is the best advice for a first generation player who is just joining the VHLM?

4. Do you want to play in the VHLE or go straight to the VHL?

5. What is a talent that you can do that you think is very rare?

6. What can I do to make the VHLM experience better for you?

7. As a depressed Islander fan, do you think we have a chance at the playoffs?

Edited by youloser1337

• 2 weeks later...

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 4/24/22

1. New season starts tomorrow! Excited?

2. What are your expectations for the season?

3. Who do you think will be the breakout star of the team?

4. Do you think I will hire someone for the AGM position?

5. Any early favorites for the cup in the VHL?

6. Early cup favorites for the NHL?

7. How is the April weather treating you?

• 2 weeks later...

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 5/8/22

1. What are your impressions of the season so far?

2. Any shocking moments so far?

3. How do you think your player is doing?

4. 1st is really contested in the VHL, what are your thoughts on that?

5. Who are you rooting for in the NHL playoffs?

6. What sport should be treated as a top tier sport but isn't?

7. Is water wet?