Riga Reign Press Conference

1. We haven't done so hot the last couple sims. Do you think we can turn it around?

I think we can for sure hard work .

2. If not this season, in how many seasons will we make the playoffs? And when will we win our inevitable cup? No idea my contracts up by then.

3. How has your player done this season? What good has happened?

Getting points well round player 

4. Do you have a favourite pre-game meal? Pizza lol 

5. Is Among Us dead yet? What i don’t know what your saying lol 

6. Instead of giving kudos for on-ice prowess, give a shout out to someone who is a leader in the locker room.

Everyone in the locker room 

7. Who would you say say the VHL MVP right now? Could be anyone 

8. What is something not many people know about you? I’m a plumber lol 

9. Would water flavoured ice cream taste good? Marble white strawberry vanilla chocolate

On 2/1/2021 at 7:18 PM, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

RIGA REIGN PRESS CONFERENCE!!!!!

Week ending 02/07

1. We haven't done so hot the last couple sims. Do you think we can turn it around?

2. If not this season, in how many seasons will we make the playoffs? And when will we win our inevitable cup?

4. Do you have a favourite pre-game meal?

5. Is Among Us dead yet?

6. Instead of giving kudos for on-ice prowess, give a shout out to someone who is a leader in the locker room.

7. Who would you say say the VHL MVP right now?

8. What is something not many people know about you?

9. Would water flavoured ice cream taste good?

1 just don't think a lot about that and continue to work hard, if we try our best we can make the playoffs

2 next season i think the the playoff could be a thing

3 i think my player is doing something good right now, even if he suck,  but we will see at the end of the season

4 nah, i can eat everything

5 probably

6 in my opinion everybody is doing great but mclaren is really good

7 too early to say that, we will see maybe in a week or a cuple of days

8 well hard to say, i play roller hockey and i've never played ice hockey.

9 we need water to live so i think that it would taste good

Edited by Matt thunder

1. I have faith in the team, its all about taking it one game at a time.

2. There are a lot of good prospects on the come up so I don't think it will be long until we are competitors.

3. I have been scoring a decent amount of goals with a good shooting percentage.

4. Mac and Cheese baby.

5. It might be, I hope not though.

6.  Gotta give it up for Mclaren, I have heard good things.

7. Its hard to say 20 games in.

8. I am not a fan of pineapple on pizza.

9. Nope, it would be just like eating snow off the ground.

On 2/1/2021 at 1:18 PM, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week ending 02/07

2. If not this season, in how many seasons will we make the playoffs? And when will we win our inevitable cup?

5. Is Among Us dead yet?

1. yeah, other teams were competing against for the final playoff spot look to be selling so i think we still have a chance.

2. if we don't make it this year we will make it the next, we will have way to much depth to miss out.

3. he's been steady at a point per game which im really happy about.

4.bacon cabonara

5.NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

6.theres a number of guy who are very active in the lockeroom who have been good leaders. Thunder, Zetterstrom, McLaren and Lose have all been great.

7.Probably lahtinen again

8.i'm fat

9.would that not just be plain ice

I hope I can make some trades without paying too much. Then the answer will be yes.

Next season and...next season.

He's a backup in Toronto and he's doing alright there.

Anything that hedgehog likes to eat.

5. Is Among Us dead yet?

waw is dis.

@Matt thunder, @youloser1337, @Ledge_and_Dairy, @RedSus, @tcookie, @Mrpenguin30, @Eynhallow. Yeah, no particular leader, but these guys are more vocal. Also, I know that you're now busy with the NHL 21 league and stuff, but get yo ass back in here to spam ok thanks @Miks Sunins

We seem to blow hot and cold.  Recently ( Feb. 1) we lost a close one to Moscow, then two games later, got a win from the Titans.  We just seem to lack consistency, but, I believe that will come with experience.

I think that we could conceivably get to the wild card spot this year if the Hockey Gods smile on us.  It would be close though.  Realistically, I see us making the playoffs next season, as we will have some 500 - 600 TPE players by that point.  Season 78 should be our year, and likely the season after that as well.

I am satisfied with Isau’s performance thus far.  He is trucking along at about a point per game.  A shout goes out here to @hedgehog  as he has organized things so that most everyone gets plenty of ice time and, thus, more opportunity to excel.  As we all develop our skill sets the wins will come.

No really.  It has to be a high protein meal, and,yet, light.  So chicken fish and a bunch of green stuff works for me.

5. Is Among Us dead yet?

I must really be out of it because I had to do some research to see what “Among Us” was about.  

6. Who would you say is the VHL MVP right now?

Mikko Latinen seems to be expanding his lead in the scoring race, so, my vote would be for him as MVP.

7. What is something not many people know about you?

There are alot of things that people don’t know about me.  That is the beauty of the anonymity of the Internet.

8. Would water flavoured ice cream taste good?

Water flavoured ice cream is called ice. And ya, it's good, particularly when it is added to an adult beverage.

On 2/1/2021 at 12:18 PM, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week ending 02/07

5. Is Among Us dead yet?

1) Of course... we've got a good group here and we're all working on our games and getting better all the time. I believe in this team and we're still hanging in there in the playoff race.

2) We'll be a playoff team and we'll be ready to make noise as a real contender as soon as next season.

3) I haven't been quite as much a factor offensively as I'd have liked, but I'm playing my usual game and finding ways to contribute anyway, I think. I'm on pace for somewhere around 25 goals and 350 hits, playing PK minutes and strong defensively. I think the offensive presence will come with time.

6) There are a lot on this team! But Thunder and Zetterstrom have been great.

7) Lahtinen's just a force, he's still almost maintaining a 2 PPG pace, and is his usual intimidating physical presence. His teammate Roque Davis is having a ridiculous season for a defenseman too but I'd have to give it to Lahtinen.

9) I mean you can't really get the "cream" part without there being some sort of stronger flavour but... if it were hypothetically possible it would probably taste fine but it'd be a weird texture

I think we can and heck, we started it today by going 3-0! If we go on a little run it would be great to build on for next season. 

I think we can make it next season easily, who knows maybe we will start a streak of continuous playoff runs for a few seasons since we have so many capable young players.

McJake, McLaren, and Zetterstrom as they are always active and keep a truly positive outlook on our future. 

I would argue it is McJake as he is going off and really leading the team to wins.

I am getting a dual major in Management and International Relations with only 3 semesters left. 

9. Would water flavored ice cream taste good?

It depends on the type of ice cream as most would not taste great. If it were vanilla, birthday cake, or mint, it would at least be acceptable. 

RIGA REIGN PRESS CONFERENCE

Week Ending 02/14

1. Once again, we find ourselves staring at some sour sims. We're only 5 points behind Malmo, who has the wildcard spot right now. Do you think we can catch them?

2. Some crazy trades went around, including a three way trade with Davos, London, and Vancouver involving Kevin King and SS Hornet. Thoughts?

3. Mikko Lahtinen is on track to win yet another award in his long and successful career. Is he a first ballot hall of famer?

4. The trade deadline is coming up, and we've gotten few trade offers. Is there any moves you think we should look into?

5. Our very own Cabe McJake now leads all rookies in scoring, and six out of ten players on the leaderboard are Reign players. Do we have a rookie of the year in the house?

6. With FrostBeard resigning, a new GM position opens up. Who would you recommend for the job?

7. Is a hot dog a sandwich?

8. Who was your favourite NHL team growing up? Or favourite sports team?

9. How many chickens would it take to kill an elephant?

Just now, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 02/14

1. Once again, we find ourselves staring at some sour sims. We're only 5 points behind Malmo, who has the wildcard spot right now. Do you think we can catch them?

2. Some crazy trades went around, including a three way trade with Davos, London, and Vancouver involving Kevin King and SS Hornet. Thoughts?

3. Mikko Lahtinen is on track to win yet another award in his long and successful career. Is he a first ballot hall of famer?

4. The trade deadline is coming up, and we've gotten few trade offers. Is there any moves you think we should look into?

5. Our very own Cabe McJake now leads all rookies in scoring, and six out of ten players on the leaderboard are Reign players. Do we have a rookie of the year in the house?

6. With FrostBeard resigning, a new GM position opens up. Who would you recommend for the job?

1. If we work hard enough I think we can steal that spot from them.

2. What a shake-up. I couldn't care less though. My only focus is Riga.

3. Incredible performance and I think Mikko should be a Hall of Famer for sure.

4. I think we are in a position where prospects could be dealt to improve the current team. I'd hate to be the AGM or GM right now since I wouldn't be able to handle the pressure.

5. Hell yeah! Have to pump up our teammates and its great to see so much amazing talent getting recognized.

8. Islanders. I've been a fan of the highs and lows (mostly lows). Still a fan though.

10 hours ago, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 02/14

1. I think we can, it's really annoying because whenever we have a good sim they also have a good sims so we can't really close the gap but we are showing some improvement in our performances. Just hope we can improve enough to close that gap.

2. It's a huge deal. I get Davos are going full rebuild so the plethora of picks they got is good for them, Vancouver gets a big forward piece to add there playoff run and London also gets a good forward in Kevin King to help them kick on going forward.

3. He definitely has to be in the conversation. The guy is an absolute machine. Consistently up there for league MVP and puts up a ton of points. Also slays in VHFL.

4. I don't know, it's a real tricky one. We have a lot of young players who are playing really well so maybe shedding 1 or 2 to bring in someone more established to take us to that next level but I would hate to see anyone leave at the deadline.

5. He's been amazing all season. I've had the pleasure of playing alongside him for part of this season and he is on another level. I hope we gets that trophy at the end of the season because he has earned it.

6. I don't know who should replace him to be honest. I would maybe said Jiggs but he and Spartan are just such a due in Vegas that I'm not sure you could split them up.

On 2/8/2021 at 11:09 PM, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 02/14

1 we juest need to continue to play as we do right now and maybe the wildcard can happen

2 we still are better

3 of course, he is so great

4 maybe a better defenseman, matt thunder isn't that great

5 i hope so, it would be cool for the morale of the team

6 i will try but i will not be taken as i have 0 experience 

7 well yes but actually no 

8 i'm a pens fan 

9 it dependes if it is a chicken from skayrim it would be one if it is a normal one i don't think it will ever win.

1. Once again, we find ourselves staring at some sour sims. We're only 5 points behind Malmo, who has the wildcard spot right now. Do you think we can catch them? I believe we can yea .

2. Some crazy trades went around, including a three way trade with Davos, London, and Vancouver involving Kevin King and SS Hornet. Thoughts? I wish them all luck 

3. Mikko Lahtinen is on track to win yet another award in his long and successful career. Is he a first ballot hall of famer? Yea I think he is .

4. The trade deadline is coming up, and we've gotten few trade offers. Is there any moves you think we should look into? Defence is a big one I think .

5. Our very own Cabe McJake now leads all rookies in scoring, and six out of ten players on the leaderboard are Reign players. Do we have a rookie of the year in the house? Sounds like we do eh .

6. With FrostBeard resigning, a new GM position opens up. Who would you recommend for the job? Could be anyone 

7. Is a hot dog a sandwich? I’m not sure lol 

8. Who was your favourite NHL team growing up? Or favourite sports team? Van and hockey always 

9. How many chickens would it take to kill an elephant? Billions LOL

On 2/8/2021 at 5:09 PM, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 02/14

1. Already did.

2. Not as crazy as our lmao.

3. Absolutely, he's been insane the last three seasons even if the start of his career wasn't so hot.

4. Maybe one more defensive addition to put us by London could be helpful, if not this team is still strong enough to make it to the playoffs with how it is now.

5. Yes, Red Lite can suck it. My bets on Zetterstrom tbh, just for the fact he's a defensemen.

6. Myself and Ricer

7. Yes it is!

I believe that we can manage a wild card spot, but it will take some conscientious TPE growth by our players.  Also, the sim Gods will have to smile favourably upon us.

2. Some crazy trades went around, including a three way trade with Davos, London, and Vancouver involving Kevin King and SS Hornet. Thoughts?

It’s hard to say who was the winner in this trade.  I think that all three teams got what they wanted,

I should hope so.  He has been burning it up since he started.  It also helps that he plays on a strong team.

A trade is problematical ion that it doesn’t make a lot of sense to trade away the future in order to perhaps get to a wild card spot and then bow out of the playoffs.  I don’t think it is the right time for a trade.  Maybe a prospect and a pick for some experienced D might go OK, but much more than that then the cost is too high for what we would get in return.

It would be great to see the Reign have the Rookie of the Year in the line up.  I wish Cabe all the best in his quest for that award, but I, personally, will give him a run for that!!!

Frostbeard recommended Hylands and I concur.  He was just great when I was with the Mexico City Kings.

By definition a sandwich is twp pieces of bread or a split roll with some kind of filling.  So, strictly speaking, a hot dog is a sandwich.  However, I disagree because the delivery system of a hot dog is a lot different than a grilleds cheese sandwich.  And because A HOT DOG IS A HOT DOG.

AeWccR-4JGxCH6T5Wd5NodrEtYV-3MMdVnyVc4ECbFk2WaVIcAYt7KJD9WCdjYJF-NeK0jWCpX5n6rNHLWR292N1rzHrghfuRM_Am3lfWvFZ72lJ5uzp5ZShlmCqXbgU5SywHMkP

It depends on how hard you throw them.

Malmo is a history now. Now we need to see London piss off outta here all the way to the 6th place. 

Our trade was more entertaining tbh. 

Yeah, I think so. 

This idiot Simon ruined everything. Probably I'll come up with some minor stuff though. 

Tbh I'd rather see Gobeil being injured so nobody distracts Zetterstrom and McJake. Linus may have a good shot since he's a defenseman. 

I don't care much tbh. Hylands seems very interested and members are on it as well. 

I don't think we will catch them but I believe we will make the playoffs and get some experience. 

If I keep getting prediction TPE from Mikko then he should be. 

In my book we have 6 rookies of the year since they all are contributing in one way or another making us a closer team.

Not a hotdog is a hotdog it has a special place in the handheld world in my expert opinion.

8. Who was your favorite NHL team growing up? Or favorite sports team?

Once I started watching hockey the penguins are my favorite while I really like watch the Hab's, the Hurricanes, and Calgary since their teams are fast passed and a lot of shooters.

Enough to kill an elephant of course!

Week ending 02/21

1. It's finally happening! We're in a playoff spot! We're a full 5 points ahead of London now, do you think we can pull it off?

2. What is your favourite reality TV show? If you were on it, how would you fare?

3. A new version of the defunct VHL magazine has come out, or is coming out; Victory Hockey Times, run by Bobo. Do you think this newspaper-type thing will have success?

4. Tough question: Would you rather Riga win a cup or your favourite sports team?

5. If we make the playoffs, our wildcard series will be against Prague. Any words for them as the postseason gets closer?

6. What would be the coolest animal to make the size of a horse?

P.S. Mega props to @Eynhallow for gifting us with this legendary answer

image.png

Edited by Ledge_and_Dairy

17 minutes ago, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week ending 02/21

1. It's finally happening! We're in a playoff spot! We're a full 5 points ahead of London now, do you think we can pull it off?

2. What is your favourite reality TV show? If you were on it, how would you fare?

3. A new version of the defunct VHL magazine has come out, or is coming out; Victory Hockey Times, run by Bobo. Do you think this newspaper-type thing will have success?

4. Tough question: Would you rather Riga win a cup or your favourite sports team?

5. If we make the playoffs, our wildcard series will be against Prague. Any words for them as the postseason gets closer?

image.png

Image result for wink gif

17 minutes ago, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week ending 02/21

image.png

1. Of course we can pull this off, we the Riga Reign!!!!

2. I really like circle and I reckon I'd do quite well plus it would be fun to take part in it as I don't use social media very much

3. I think it could be good, I don't really know what it is tbh but I'll probs give it a read

4. It's a tough question but I'd probably say Riga, most of the teams I like are quite successful so them winning a trophy wouldn't be as hype compared to if we won the cup this year

5. Hope they got their golf reservations in because they'll be hitting the links sooner than they thought

6. Something like a Corgi because that would be jokes

The playoff spot is pretty much a lock if we play like we know we can.  Beyond that is another question.  I mean the playoffs are a whole other season.  It doesn't matter what your regular season record is/was.

Likely Alaskan Bush People .  As far as how I would do, well, I would likely starve or freeze to death.

I was in contact with Bobo about this effort.  I think it is commendable for folks to work on this without any compensation other than the usual stuff.  I also like the fact that they will be accepting contributions from the public.

The Leafs haven't won a cup since 1967 and after last night's debacle vs. the Sens (turning a 5 - 1 lead into a 6 - 5 loss), I don't expect that to change anytime soon.  So, I gotta go with Riga.

We be comin' for ya !!!

image.png.e0aa086391e66f6001fd4e937a512d69.png

After the shoutout from last week's presser (thanks for that @Ledge_and_Dairy )  I am left with no choice, of course,  but to suggest elephant-killing chickens!!!  Muahahahaha

Image result for chicken gif 

9 hours ago, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week ending 02/21

image.png

1. We just gotta have clean hockey going forward. Can't let any points slip away.

2. Amazing Race. I would probably win it. Just need a partner.

3. Bobo is amazing so I think it will be a long run.

4. I feel like this is a trap so I'm going to say Riga just so I don't get traded.

5. Don't count out the underdogs.

6. Koalas

On 2/16/2021 at 8:09 AM, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week ending 02/21

1) Yes. We're a better team than our record shows due to improving over the season, the big acquisitions from Malmo, and the fact that we went 0-7-1 with our backup goalie to start the year. We're 18-8-0 in our last 26, things are going well now... there's no doubt in my mind we can pull this one off.

2) Reality TV was never my thing but then I saw The Circle and loved it... I'd probably do OK on it but I wouldn't win.

3) I hope so; it's well done and has some good people behind it so it has some potential. 

4) I would be happier the Jets won the Cup obviously, but Riga winning one is probably more likely and would definitely be awesome.

5) I'd rather keep my talk about Riga than our opponents. I love our team and have full confidence in them especially the way we've been playing lately. Whatever I have to say to Prague I'll leave it for on the ice.

6) Koalas as suggested by Justin Lose sounds pretty cool.