[S67] Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Josh

[S67] Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Commissioner

This is where the league votes for the Most Outstanding Player in the VHL! Not the most valuable or best two-way which are voted by the Awards Committee, but those can definitely be a factor.

Who do you believe was the MOST OUTSTANDING?

@Members

(If you feel someone was missed out on, you can possibly nominate, but I believe I covered all bases)

3 hours ago, Victor said:

I miss three player Slobo ballots.

I get trying to get more people on the ballot (especially if you want a couple options each at F, D, and G), but there's a point where it's just cluttering up the ballot just to put names on it. Like of the four goalies listed, Rift beats them all in W, SV% and GAA. There's no real reason to add the others at all (maybe you add Wahl if you want to value SO). Certainly Kriketers doesn't need to be there when Pepper is either equal or better across the board. Same with say Dragomir over Peace. There's room for subjective arguments (this player has more goals, this one more total points, better +/-, hits vs. PIM efficiency, etc.), but when you start adding people who just don't compare at anything, that's when it's just muddying the waters.

• Commissioner
On 9/2/2019 at 6:35 PM, omgitshim said:

I get trying to get more people on the ballot (especially if you want a couple options each at F, D, and G), but there's a point where it's just cluttering up the ballot just to put names on it. Like of the four goalies listed, Rift beats them all in W, SV% and GAA. There's no real reason to add the others at all (maybe you add Wahl if you want to value SO). Certainly Kriketers doesn't need to be there when Pepper is either equal or better across the board. Same with say Dragomir over Peace. There's room for subjective arguments (this player has more goals, this one more total points, better +/-, hits vs. PIM efficiency, etc.), but when you start adding people who just don't compare at anything, that's when it's just muddying the waters.

I would have much preferred grabbing stats for like 5 players.