Prague Phantoms Press Conference

Jbeezy76

2 hours ago, domg5 said:

There is the press conference for the week ending on january 31th.

1.  The phantoms are doing quite well lately, do you think we can continue on that pace?

2. What is the worse penalty you ever got?

3. Who do you think won the Laine - Dubois trade in the NHL?

4. Do you watch any series lately? If yes, what is it?

5. What is the best hockey movie ever released?

6. What do you do before a game to prepare yourself and perform at your best?

1. 100% we will continue to get better and better so it’s great to see that we are crushing it rn.

2. I hit someone from behind once and he got hurt really bad so, that was probably the worst one.

3. Bluejackets, i think laine will produce great there and they got a third line centre with it.

4. I’ve been watching the good doctor lately lol.

5. Mighty ducks or goon 

6. take some deep breaths and listen to some music, gets me in my zone.

1) last season we started out pretty good until we dropped off. this season though the games have been ours to win so hopefully we can keep going

2) falling towards someone towards the board, didn't mean to but he got hurt pretty bad

3) think both teams won of laine re-signs, but i think Winnipeg won overall trading away a guy that wasnt gonna play and highly doubted that laine signed another contract there

4)  not lately no

5) doug glatt the goon, might ducks can suck it lol

6) plain and simple i just liscen too music, dont need to do anything else

19 hours ago, domg5 said:

There is the press conference for the week ending on january 31th.

1.  The phantoms are doing quite well lately, do you think we can continue on that pace?

1. Yes, we're a great team

2. Can't think of one, they were all well deserved

3. Columbus. 2 former 1st round draft pick for a former 1st and a future 3rd? Seems obvious to me

4. Started rewatching Shameless the other day

5. Any of the Rock Em Sock Ems

6. Pump some tunes and try to get in the zone

On 1/26/2021 at 8:01 PM, domg5 said:

1.) I don't know if we'll keep going as well as we were during that stretch, but we definitely seem to be improving as a team as the season goes on.

2.) I've had a couple of borderline hits, but the worst I've ever felt about getting a penalty was a 5 minute high sticking penalty. I was extremely frustrated and swung my stick as hard as I could to break it on the net, but I didn't realize an opposing player was in the way and I got him in the face, blood everywhere. Oops.

3.) From a pure hockey standpoint, Winnipeg did, but I think Columbus did OK for the situation they were in with the player publicly requesting out.

4.) I watched the Alex Rider series on Amazon Prime. I read the books growing up and the TV series was actually surprisingly good. A solid 8/10.

5.) Miracle is always my favorite. Just a good story and Kurt Russel does a great job as Herb Brooks.

6.) Eat a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie.

Press conference for the week ending on February 7th.

1. Imagine that we are Saturday, your favorite team is playing and its a rivalry game, you don't work tomorrow, what is your choice of drink?

2. With 29 points in 27 games played, is the team meeting your expectations so far?

3. Thomas Landry II has been named captain of the Prague Phantoms, why do you think he is a good choice?

4. What is you favorite brand for hockey equipment?

5. If in over 10 seasons, someone dig out your name for a trivia, what will it be about?

6. If you could change one rule of your choice in hockey, what would it be?

Edited by domg5

1 hour ago, domg5 said:

1. Imagine that we are Saturday, your favorite team is playing and its a rivalry game, you don't work tomorrow, what is your choice of drink?

2. With 29 points in 27 games played, is the team meeting your expectations so far?

3. Thomas Landry II has been named captain of the Prague Phantoms, why do you think he is a good choice?

5. If in over 10 seasons, someone dig out your name for a trivia, what will it be about?

1. 12 of anything cold or a bottle of whisky and I'm happy.

2. I think so. There was a lot of room for improvement after last season and I think we're starting to show who we can really be. I am very excited about the future of this team.

3. Landry is Prague I don't see it any other way. Great person and great teammate no one deserved it more than him.

4. Honestly it was Easton until that was bought out by Bauer. I'm a now a pretty big warrior guy these days.

5. That is a tough question I can't really say at this point. Need more playing time. Though my first player Dan Baillie Sr. is the only player to win a continental cup with the team that selected him in the expansion draft. So that ones pretty cool.

6.i actually think they're doing a great job rule wise. Players are more protected than they ever have been. 

1 hour ago, domg5 said:

1. a rum and coke on ice is always a fun drink.

2. I think our team is doing better than every ones expectations.

3. one of the OG's left obvious choice!.

4.warrior sticks

5. Most underrated dman in history ;)

6. Reviewing goals minutes after a missed offside call by the refs.

1) chocolate milk

2) were doing a lot better then i expected we would be, thought we'd be worse this season and do better next one as rookies grow

3) one of the older members of the team and has been one of the best for the organization, leads us on and off  the ice.

4) warrior equipment are the most comfortable for me 

5) monster season i had in the vhlm lol

6) not a rule but they should be punished for doing shitty stuff after games are done 

On 2/1/2021 at 6:17 PM, domg5 said:

1.) Honestly? A coke - I very rarely drink soda since I can't have it in the house and only get it when I go out, but given that I've barely gone out in the past year, not like I'm drinking a lot of Coke. For actual alcoholic choices, a good sour beer or some gewurztraminer.

2.) We're 4th in the conference, which is about where I expected us to be. Might not be best for long term planning to make the playoffs, but would be good from a morale standpoint.

3.) Easy choice. Landry II personifies what it means to be a Phantom and is a true leader both on and off the ice.

4.) CCM - have stuck with them for years.

5.) Which winner of the Labatte trophy had the longest last name?

6.) Not changing a rule, but I'd actually enforce interference again - game is slowed way down. If it has to be a new/removal of a rule, I'd make all situations that could lead to a 5 minute penalty reviewable, even if it was missed live or only called for a minor.

1. The Superbowl was yesterday, are you happy that the Buccaneers won or you would have prefered to see the Chiefs win it for a second year in a row?

2. What other sports than hockey do you watch and which teams?

3. Is there a player in the VHL that you never played with that you would like to get to know better and play with them?

4. Valentine day is coming next sunday, with which celebrity your player managed to get a date?

5. Your player is becoming famous and the fans got him a nickname, what is that nickname?

6. Who is the most underrated player of the Prague Phantoms?

21 minutes ago, domg5 said:

1. The Superbowl was yesterday, are you happy that the Buccaneers won or you would have prefered to see the Chiefs win it for a second year in a row?

3. Is there a player in the VHL that you never played with that you would like to get to know better and play with them?

4. Valentine day is coming next sunday, with which celebrity your player managed to get a date?

5. Your player is becoming famous and the fans got him a nickname, what is that nickname?

1. Happy Brady won it, Mahomes and the rest of KC have many years of winning ahead of them.

2. My favorite sport is actually basketball, and my team is the Toronto Raptors.

3. Not sure, I like my team and wanna retire here. 

4. Due to covid we cannot go out, but Margot Robbie and I are just gonna chill at my house ;)

5. They all call me Big Z

6. @yevty is probably the most underrated, first year dman with an impressive start.

Answer:

Spoiler

To be honest, living in Japan I didn't follow football this season or even for the past three season since moving over here. Both teams are not on the top of my NFL fan list so at the end of the day I am not sure who I would have liked win, maybe the Chiefs since they have tried for so many years to be relevant in the league and only done so in the past three or four season now.

2. What other sports other than hockey do you watch and which teams?

Answer:

Spoiler

I am/used to be a huge F1 fan but over the past years with pay to watch in Japan I haven't been able to watch any of the races so I am stuck watching highlights. I also find a lot of the fans think they know better then others when it comes to the sport so it best not to discuss anything reasonably with them. I also used to watch the BC Lions and the CFL since my former head coach now coaches in Calgary and I actually know a few of the players from around the league mainly from training with them during off season of hockey at some of the local universities. Those guys are nuts. Soccer as well but harder time following since I was younger as I am New Castle fan due to family being involved in the community and the team as well as following White Caps but since in Japan I don't follow anything really. This is the sports hole of the planet I guess; at least for me!! LOL!

Answer:

Spoiler

Nope, too early in my VHL career to know enough of the players but I know a few that I cannot stand already and hope that I never really need to play with them. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter that much who I play with or who I don't play with as you can interact via the forum or the discord either way.

Answer:

Spoiler

Left hand Dolly. Should be a good date as long as wife doesn't find out!! LOL!

Answer:

Spoiler

Well, if he is famous it is more likely for all the wrong reason so I am guessing it would have a negitive over tone to it at least. So maybe Bear, Mouth or ferme la bouche.

Answer:

Spoiler

This depends on how you rank an underrated player but I think Dan Baillie Jr doesn't get the love that he deserves as he has the opportunity to play a large role for the team moving forward.

On 2/8/2021 at 8:22 PM, domg5 said:

1. I wanted the Chiefs to win but you can't bet against Brady in the super bowl. That's just silly.

2. Football, basketball, baseball. Other things randomly peppered in there. Jets, Raps, Jays.

3. I'm already happy I get to Play with guys like Landry. LeClair, Knight gee to name a few. But outside my teammates I think everyone would want play with a guy like Mikko Lahtinen.

4. No date, only hockey.

5. Probably DBJ. chanting initials in syllables is easy.

6. Probably someone like Kisslinger really holding it down on the blue line!

On 2/8/2021 at 8:22 PM, domg5 said:

1.) Definitely would have preferred the Chiefs. Big fan of Big Red and Mahomes, who had an awful game. Can respect what Brady has done, but don't really like him personally.

2.) Football - Eagles, Soccer - Philadelphia Union, Tottenham, and USMNT, Baseball - Phillies, NBA - Sixers every once in a while.

3.) Kevin Malone seems like a pretty chill guy. Don't know if our paths will ever cross, but I would like to get to know him some more.

4.) Taylor Swift! She grew up not far from me - I actually saw her perform the national anthem at a Reading Phillies game when she was 11 or 12 and knew someone in college who went to elementary school with her.

5.) That's a good question. Whatever it is, it probably has to do with my combination of scoring and hitting...so maybe bulldozer or something?

6.) Why, it's John LeClair II of course! But funnily enough, I'd actually say Thomas Landry II - don't think he gets enough respect around the league.

1. Do you prefer a good offensive team or a good defensive team in hockey?

2. Earlier last week, we made a trade with the Malmo Nighthawks, sending our starting goalie Woody McPine and a few picks and prospects for their starting Goalie Gyrfalcon and a winger Jungkok, your thoughts on the trade?

3. How many animals in an house is too many?

4. Thomas Landry II is having a career season with 81 points in 57 games and is expected to break the team's record in points before the end of the season, how many points do you think he will have at the end?

5. With your first VHL contract, what was the car your player bought and why?

6. What is the thing you never forget to bring with you when you go on vacations?

Answer:

Spoiler

This is a tough question as it is always nice to put up huge numbers as forward but in the end defense wins in the play-offs as the game gets tougher, tighter and everyone grips their sticks tighter. I like a more balanced team, which can score when required but can also play the tight defensive games when required.

2. Earlier last week, we made a trade with the Malmo Nighthawks, sending our starting goalie Woody McPine and a few picks and prospects for their starting Goalie Gyrfalcon and a winger Jungkok, your thoughts on the trade?

Answer:

Spoiler

I have answered this already in my weekly series but I will also answer it here again. It is always tough to watch any player be trade let a lone a key player like Woody McPine was for the team. Eeli Rantanen was also a very good prospect that was included in the trade. Tougher since it looks like our other two prospects from the same draft might have just gone AWOL as Myers hasn't updated or gained TPE in two weeks and Abe Roque just demanded a trade from the Yukon and hasn't up dated in the two of the last three weeks either. Our once  good prospect pool looks very empty now. Not completely a bad thing since Jungkok will solidify our first line for a few more season and LeClair just resigned meaning our core is still very solid. It was a very good trade; which made us better for the next few season. 

3. How many animals in an house is too many?Answer:

Spoiler

Again this is determined by the animals that we are taking about but I would say one pet is enough in most cases, cat or dog but if a smaller animal like fish then many are need to make your tank look good. Two birds minimum as well.

I also find animals a pain in the butt since they limit what you can and cannot do while ripping cash from your pocket that could be usually used else where.

4. Thomas Landry II is having a career season with 81 points in 57 games and is expected to break the team's record in points before the end of the season, how many points do you think he will have at the end?

Answer:

Spoiler

Ah, Math question so if he has scored 81 pts in 57 games then that means he is scoring at an 1.42 per point per game rate at the moment so assuming that he continues to score at said past up to the 72 games in the season (if I am correct) means he will score another 21pts over the remaining 15 games for around 103 pts. Which I must say is absolutely amazing!!

Answer:

Spoiler

Well, This is another tough one since we are playing in Prague so likely hood the car I bought isn't in Prague with me but at home in Canada. So one thing I have learned over the years is a solid car is more important then a expensive car for many different reason so I would be leaning towards a Truck like an F-150 or a good size SUV like a Tahoe or Explorer. In Prague I would be driving something small compact like a Smart, Golf or Mini - Copper.

6. What is the thing you never forget to bring with you when you go on vacations?

Answer:

Spoiler

Bathing Suite always since I am never thinking about the hotel pool or the beach when packing or planning a trip. I tend to over plan, pack and have to repack a few times so I tend not to forget the important things like socks, unders, pants an shirts etc....

5 hours ago, domg5 said:

1. Good defensive, learning defence is harder than learning offence and offensive generates overtime

2. it sucks to trade away someone who has been with the team for so long, but we benefited greatly from the trade and have been red hot.

3. I think anymore than 3 is too much. 
4. I am guessing around 105-110.

5. I bought a red f-150

6. Cologne and aftershave. Always got to smell fresh.

A good defense is always important without them, our goalie is going to be in for one hell of a game. 

It always hurts to see your guys get traded but we've been off to a magnificant start since then, so I think it's been a good trade for our team.

I'd say around 3 anything more than 2 and the house will never be clean again lmao.

I thibk he'll break 105-110 

I bought a 2021 dodge ram 1500 trx 

My toothbrush

On 2/15/2021 at 7:39 AM, domg5 said:

1. I guess they say defense wins championships. So yeah I'll go with that haha.

2. Absolutely fire trade!! It's great for both teams. They get rebuild pieces and we get pieces to help us win in the immediate future.

3. Trick question. That number doesn't exist. As long as you can afford it.

4. He's killing it and it's so fun to watch/ be a part of! If I were to guess though I would say 112 sounds about right.

5. First car dbj got with that vhl money was a black Tesla model s. That thing rips.

6. You know theres a lot of important things that you need to bring on a vacation for a variety of reasons. None are more important than your drinking hat!.

1) good offense is fun to watch but having the better defense usually ends up in more wins

2) it sucks to lose woody but Gyrfalcon and jungkok have been a big improvement to our team so it works out

3) two or three for me lol

4) hes having a crazy year and a big reason for our success this season, for sure hes getting over 100 points

5) 1973 dodge charger

6) phone charger

On 2/15/2021 at 7:39 AM, domg5 said:

1.) In a vacuum, I'd rather watch/be a good offensive team that was bad at defense than a bad offense team that is good at defense. High variance high offense games are entertaining to watch. Good defensive games doesn't necessarily mean a boring game, but some of them can be like watching paint dry.

2.) I feel for McPine specifically since he's been here as long as he has, but that's the way this league goes some times. Hopefully this trade will bolster our playoff odds.

3.) Depends on size of animals and house, but on average, I'll say 2 medium size dogs is too many.

4.) I think he's going to have 101 points.

5.) I didn't buy a car - I kept my Ford Fusion and used the rest on a house and investments.

6.) My wife! But more seriously, a good book. Even if you're going somewhere like Disney World, there's always downtime to fill at the hotel or house or where ever.

• Commissioner

I cant remember if I did trivia this week so here we go. 

1.) you need a balance of both, but defensive teams win cups. So i'll go defensive.

2.) I think the trade will work out in the long run. Both are good players.

3.) You can never have too many animals unless you're a hoarder and don't take care of them. 

4.)  I think he'll break 100 points easily.

5.) He just bums ride from people. He doesn't need to really go anywhere since he's new to the country and doesn't really do much.

6.) As towelie always says, never forget to bring a towel when you go to the beach. 

1. If you could choose the destination of a futur expension team, where would it be?

2. What is the sport you dislike the most?

3. What is Prague's secret weapon for the playoffs?

4. Do you prefer outdoor hockey or arena hockey?

5. What is the perfect way to start a day?

6. Would you rather play in a team where the pressure is high but the fanbase is huge or a team with low pressure but a poor fanbase?

1 hour ago, domg5 said:

1. If you could choose the destination of a futur expension team, where would it be?

6. Would you rather play in a team where the pressure is high but the fanbase is huge or a team with low pressure but a poor fanbase?

1. I would say anywhere in asia would be cool.

2. Baseball, horrible to watch and very hard to get in to.

3. us being under dogs. we have beaten top teams throughout the season and have gone pretty well unnoticed. Plus we have a d line that can get goals and points and a championship quality goaltender and forwards.

4. Outdoor, just feels way better.

5. Waking up and drinking a nice warm cup of tea.

6. pressure is high with a huge fanbase for sure. You're more likely to keep trying because the media will slander you if you suck lol.

1 hour ago, domg5 said:

1.  The Northwest Territories

2. Baseball, way too log of a sport for me 

3. We have the fire in our hearts to prove everyone who didn't believe in us wrong

4. If the arena was free I would rather play there so i don't have to go finding the pucks all the time

5. A coffee on a warm summer morning

6. A lot of pressure and a big fanbase