Prague Phantoms Press Conference

Jbeezy76

1. Which NHL team win the stanley cup in 2021?

2. What would be your choice for the S77 all star team? (3 forwards, 2 defensemen, 1 goalie)

3. If you were the GM of your favorite NHL team, would you trade for Eichel? If yes, what is your offer?

4. What is your personal goal other than the cup for S78 as a player?

5. We are making an off-season party with the team and we let you choose the destination of the party. Where are we doing it?

6. Who is the biggest fan of your player?

1. Which NHL team win the Stanley cup in 2021?

Answer:

Spoiler

Toronto due to the fact that TSN & Sportsnet claim that they are the only team with a chance this season. Due to the complete messed up nature of the division this is really their only chance with this core to actually make the Finals. Edmonton are actually in the same boat and could ride McDavid to the finals.  Real answer:

Spoiler

Vegas as I think they should handle St Louis and play a beaten down Colorado or Minnesota team in the second round and they play the Canadian team in the Western Finals if I am correct meaning they should beat the Canadian team. (Even though I hope this isn't the case) 

2. What would be your choice for the S77 all star team? (3 forwards, 2 defensemen, 1 goalie)

Answer:

Spoiler

Dam it Dom!! Making me actually do some homework. After Homework completed:

Spoiler

Andrew Su, Groovy Dood & Jim Bob as Forwards; Tyler Walker & Spencer Elsby and Tender: Doug Dimmadome

3. If you were the GM of your favorite NHL team, would you trade for Eichel? If yes, what is your offer?

Answer:

Spoiler

No, Not to be mean to Eichel as he is a very good player but he has shown he cannot not lead a team by himself so requires strong secondary players to be around him. Also consider what Buffalo would like back in return for Eichel means it is a non starter in trade conversations then consider the huge contract that he clearly isn't living up too. I could collect a more impactful player at a much cheaper cost via either trade or free agency.

Answer:

Spoiler

I always have TPE goal in mind with a base of 119 TPE being earned by my player over the eight week seasons so I tend to look at where I can be most effective in adding the TPE with a end build in mind while saving my salary to purchase "Old Age pension plan". So this season I wanted to hit 644 and I am currently going to hit 657 by the end of the actual season next week. This don't factor in any Uncapped TPE that I will earn or might earn for award predictors. I should end next season with more then 776 TPE. From a direct player stand point I am always looking at improving areas of my game that seems to lack compared from the season before so rookie season was plus/minus and face-offs while still trying to increase points production. This season I am going to really look for more Puck possession and hopefully continue to improve plus/minus and overall points.

5. We are making an off-season party with the team and we let you choose the destination of the party. Where are we doing it?

Answer:

Spoiler

Beach resort in Honolulu, Hawaii as it would be a BBQ on the beach with warm weather and a great place to swim. I was also considering BBQ in Banff National Park but the Parks Wardens would take to kindly to us having a party and BBQ in the National Park. There are more private areas just outside of the park like Kananaskis county behind Canmore where the lakes and campsite are very private except to the Bears that might come join the party. And I don't mean Seattle!! LOL!

Answer:

Spoiler

My mom!!

8 hours ago, Domg5 said:

1. Vegas or the avalanche.

2. Just throw our starting line up in there since i do not know many players in the league.

3. no, not worth it.

4. hit 10 goals and break 50 points.

5. Rent out a club, would be super fun lol.

6. My friends for sure.

On 5/10/2021 at 2:43 PM, Domg5 said:

I will pick the avs because they are the best and my second favorite team.

I'd go with: Andrew Su C - Aloe Dear LW - Jungkok RW - Spencer Elsby D - Tyler Walker D - Jacob Tonn G.

I would not trade for Eichel since we'd have to give up way too much.

To have a better P% and more hits than last year.

Prague of course.

His mom.

• Commissioner

I think Colorado will win.

To be honest, I would probably agree with the choices that were made.

Probably, I dont know if I would give up that much. I dont feels hes a number 1 center. 

Just develop.

Miami for sure, south beach.

Michael Buble.. Gotta love that guy.

On 5/10/2021 at 2:43 PM, Domg5 said:

1.) Is that for this current season or next season? If this season, I think the Hurricanes. If for next season, the Flyers of course.

2.) I'd choose the Prague Phantom's top line on offense and defense and our goalie.

3.) Yes. I'd offer Patrick, Myers/Ghost (only including Ghost because I don't think the team will protect him in the expansion draft and I would), a 1st, and a 2nd.

4.) I'd like to break 80-85 points. I've been hovering at a PPG the past 2 seasons and I'd like to exceed that this season.

5.) Probably at the beach or a brewery...nothing very fancy.

6.) I'd guess John LeClair, but otherwise, I think Kevin Malone is a big fan.

1. Which NHL team win the stanley cup in 2021? - Colorado looks primed to do it, but it's all about who gets hot at the right time. 

2. What would be your choice for the S77 all star team? (3 forwards, 2 defensemen, 1 goalie) - Andrew Su, Groovy Dood, Aloe Dear, Erik Killinger, Spencer Elsby, Grekkark Gyrfalcon.

3. If you were the GM of your favorite NHL team, would you trade for Eichel? If yes, what is your offer? - I feel like the cost just wouldn't be worth it, ultimately. 

4. What is your personal goal other than the cup for S78 as a player? - Break 600 career points.

5. We are making an off-season party with the team and we let you choose the destination of the party. Where are we doing it? - International waters, no one's gonna mess with our vibe!

6. Who is the biggest fan of your player? - Nicholas Mariani

1. Are you satisfied by our off-season moves? (Draft, trades, FA)

2. You have to make a gift to the last person who posted in that thread, what is that gift?

3.  Which Phantom player is the most likely to fight for his teammates?

4. What do you like to do in the plane when we are moving to north america?

5. Are you a good chess player?

6. Is there anything you avoid to eat/drink to stay healthy but find it difficult?

3 hours ago, Domg5 said:

2. You have to make a gift to the last person who posted in that thread, what is that gift?

6. Is there anything you avoid to eat/drink to stay healthy but find it difficult?

1. Yeah i feel like we lost a few good lads but we drafted nicely and signed a few big pieces! 
2. I’ll give anyone the cup once we win it this season that’s the gift i will make lol 

3. Gee for sure, always beating people up lol

4. i usually just watch some YouTube videos and chill out. Talk to some of the team.

5. Not really, i feel like i could practice and get much better. 
6. i really like ramen, it’s only healthy if you make it yourself but i can be lazy!

I'll say Carolina! I like Aho and Teräväinen as players, so hoping them to win!

Based on regular season
F: Ander Su, Aloe Dear, Groovy Dood. I like this forward group as they all had great year offensively, but there is some physicality in there as well.

Ds:Spencer Elsby, Chris Hylands. The ideal pair, got the offensive and two-way game with physicality.
G: Grekkark Gyrfalcon. Second most shots against - best save percentage. Grekkark was on fire.

I would not. He would fairly surely ask/need/get some ridiculous salary AND the price would be deep. If I would want to improve my team, I would at very least look for trading with those assets to get Eichel first before actually going for Eichel.

I would like to hit over 300 times and score over 40 goals. Not impossible, but a real challenge for a old player like myself.

Somewhere sunny. Spain could be fun. I have never been, so I would love to go there.

Jim Bob's biggest fan is Jim Bob.  The guy makes a lot of sense and plays the game the right way.

• Commissioner
On 5/16/2021 at 8:45 PM, Domg5 said:

I think we added some nice depth. Going to be good

its JRuutu so probably a tophy

Thomas Landry II For sure

Watch some movies, helps relax me

No i'm horrible at chess, would rather play MTG.

Taco Bell, man its so delicious. 

1. The obvious question, What do you think of the new announcement about a new league between the VHLM and the VHL?

2. Which team (european) would you like to see added in that new league?

3. If you could bring back 1 NHL team of the past, which one would it be?

4. What is your favorite strong liquor?

5. What is the upcoming game/movie/serie/book/album that you are waiting for the most?

6. What kind of shopping do you prefer? Is it electronics, sports articles, clothes, cars, something else?

On 5/16/2021 at 8:45 PM, Domg5 said:

1.) Yup - I thought our off-season was pretty strong. We have good depth and top-end player all around the team now.

2.) I'm gonna give @Domg5 a list of 100 questions they can ask as press conferences instead of having to come up with their own each week.

3.) Landry II, but in a good way. As captain, he has to hold his teammates accountable.

4.) Read books, watch movies, and whatever LAN party is going on the plane.

5.) I am not. I haven't played a game in years.

6.) Yes, soda. I love soda to the point that I don't keep it in the house and will only buy it when I'm out as a treat for myself.

1. The obvious question, What do you think of the new announcement about a new league between the VHLM and the VHL?

Answer:

Spoiler

I am never one to jump over an idea until I see how it works but it does seem a bit silly to me to see an new league added due to salary cap issues and having too many members in the VHL when it is clearly a very temporary issue due to the huge recruitment drive for S74 (S75 Draft class) when the numbers have been declining ever since. With 300 plus members joining that draft season I hate seeing the leagues highers giving each other high fives when only 50-60 of these members are still in the league as of this season with how many expected to recreate? I know I will need to consider if I am going to recreate once this player is done and I am very undetermined if I am going to recreate or leave the league myself. That being said my recreate comes a few season after the new league comes around so it has brought my interest back as I am interested in seeing how this might change a second player build. So I would have liked them to either simple expand or change the concept or general thought process of having 6-4-1 team build to an at least 9-6-1 build and increased the salary cap to something closer to 50M. From the numbers I that I have already run the salary Cap will need to be increased anyways with the new league as all teams even if deploying the 6-4-1 this season would be over the salary cap. Another thought process was to reduce the amount of TPE further forcing more custom build players and forcing us to really determine what type of player build we would actually like rather then the current cookie cut builds we have at the moment. But lets see what happens.  

2. Which team (European) would you like to see added in that new league?

Answer:

Spoiler

Riga!! LOL!! Okay more seriously I would like to see Glasgow or maybe Paris

Answer:

Spoiler

Do we really have that many teams gone that need to be brought back? Hartford Whalers or Quebec

Answer:

Spoiler

I will drink about anything if I am trying to get drunk but I like my Captain Spice or Kraken. I have been drinking a lot of Jim Bean Apple Whiskey since it is cheap here in Japan, not to mention even Captain is  cheaper here then in Canada but just harder to find.

5. What is the upcoming game/movie/series/book/album that you are waiting for the most?

Answer:

Spoiler

I was reading a few different series of novel before coming to Japan and I don't even remember the titles since the authors of both series haven't made it past book two with years and years passing since they last wrote the last ones since I think both are trying to get HBO TV movies made out of the books like Game of Thrones ( actually that is one of the series since the books are completely different from the HBO TV series) but I have given up waiting for them and they are way harder to get in Japan and more expensive so nah could careless now. Movies here are three years behind North America so hard to get excited for something that is three years old before I can even watch it. Series are the same unless we are talking Pokemon since we are a head by full year here compared to NA and Games recently I simple watch others play them on Youtube as it saves me the money and time. I used to be a huge Transport Fever player but then they brought out the new one a year ago but just brought it out for Mac users. Same with Farm Simulator as I played 2017 but 2019 I think has just crossed over into Mac with the new game already announced for next fall or this fall. So I guess I am looking forward to a few games but via youtube as F1 2021 is coming so I will watch those Let plays and then the new Farm Simulator will be interesting. I also need to go back and follow Subnauticia Below Zero since I followed the development of the game and know most of the story, locations etc.... but don't know the end of the story yet with Alan etc... So I should go watch some of those but at the moment cannot be bothered.

6. What kind of shopping do you prefer? Is it electronics, sports articles, clothes, cars, something else?

Answer:

Spoiler

I hate shopping as it cost me money. I will spend most of my time window shopping rather then actually shopping as I hate spending money on things that I really don't need. If I am going to buy something I am going to research the hell out of it before I even look at it. Then I am going to shop around on-line before I even considering heading to pick it up or to buy it.

1. The obvious question, What do you think of the new announcement about a new league between the VHLM and the VHL? - Personally, I love it. It helps the VHLM focus on being the developmental league it's supposed to be, it'll help players be more prepared to handle being a rookie in the VHL, and some classic franchises will be returning. I'm pumped!

2. Which team (european) would you like to see added in that new league? - I'm really excited that the Bratislava Watchmen are more than likely returning, along with the Cologne Express. Vasteras too!

3. If you could bring back 1 NHL team of the past, which one would it be? - Hartford Whalers, absolutely no doubt in my mind. They had charm, rabid fan support, and awesome uniforms.

4. What is your favorite strong liquor? - Get a good flavor of moonshine and it's on.

5. What is the upcoming game/movie/series/book/album that you are waiting for the most? - I can't wait for the NCAA Football series to finally return!!

6. What kind of shopping do you prefer? Is it electronics, sports articles, clothes, cars, something else? - I just get what I need and get out. I love going to antique stores and exploring every nook and cranny, however.

Answer:

Spoiler

Yeah, I think the team did alright but time will always tell the truth if enough was done or not done. It was disappoint to miss out on a few FA targets but I think we did improve the team just maybe not enough.

Answer:

Spoiler

Since it was Landry II; I would gift him another season or the cup to finish off the season.

Answer:

Spoiler

Me!! Since I fought a few time last season even though I am not fighter. Actually made me consider through some TPE into fighting last season just to make us tougher to play against. Went with checking instead.

4. What do you like to do in the plane when we are traveling to North America?
Answer:

Spoiler

Depends on the if the team paid for a charter or not. If it is a charter then I am looking to play some games on the plane for a few hours at least like mini sticks down the aisles, tag and maybe hide&seek. The aim is to try to kill as much time and energy as possible so for the last few hours of the long flight I would be able to sleep like a baby. When I have to take long flight I feel like Marge Simpson going up and down the aisle like "let me off; let me off."

Answer:

Spoiler

Nope, One of the few games that I really didn't have much time for when I was younger.

Answer:

Spoiler

You are assuming a few things about me now: That I first off eat health and second that I avoid eating anything or what is it more assuming that I am health and can avoid certain foods/drinks? Simple answer is anything that taste good is difficult to avoid as the number one rule I learned growing up is if it tastes good then it is unhealthy for you and you should avoid it.

Interesting stuff, that is for sure. I do wonder if some other market would have been better option as we already have the European teams in VHL? For example, Asia could have been fun. Japanese team, Chinese, Thailand, etc.

2. Which team (european) would you like to see added in that new league?
German team would be cool or Austrian team.

Atlanta Thrashers! Loved playing GM mode in NHL games with the Thrashers. Also, Atlanta is the home to great music.

I don't drink at all, so I can't say anything.

5. What is the upcoming game/movie/serie/book/album that you are waiting for the most?
Hmmm, I don't have anything in the waiting list right now. Might not count, but I recently started watching ''It's always sunny in Philadelphia'', which was on my ''things to watch'' list for some time.

Clothes perhaps. I recently bought few ''hawaii'' t-shirts. That was nice.

Late Pressers, I'm sorry, I got a crazy week.

1. What is the biggest surprise in the season so far?

2. How do you feel about having NHL playoffs in june?

3. Do you think 4 games is enough for Sheifele's suspension?

4. If you could listen to one album only for the rest of your life, which one would it be?

5. Do you prefer cold drinks or hot drinks?

6. What do you put on top of a pizza?

• Commissioner

I think the Seattle Bears are the biggest surprise this season.

I think the Canadians are playing out of their mind

To be honest I didn't see it so I can't comment

4. If you could listen to one album only for the rest of your life, which one would it be?

Oh god that's a hard one. I honestly couldn't say

Cold drinks for sure

My favorite is green pepper, really good with some hot sauce and ranch dressing

Answer:

Spoiler

I would say nothing has been a huge surprise so far this season as Seattle loaded up again the FA so expected them to do well and have them sadly as the favorites for the Cup again this season. Maybe Riga struggling still as I thought they would have figure out a few things by now. Actually talking about Riga biggest surprise of the season was the retirement of their starting tender so they will need to shop around to get a tender for next season. Also sad how that all went down by hey life moves on. You are either on the bus or you aren't!!

2. How do you feel about having NHL playoffs in June?

Answer:

Spoiler

Does it really matter when the play-offs happen? Best hockey that you are going to watch and it doesn't matter when it takes place or where.

Answer:

Spoiler

In the end I think it was maybe a bit too harsh since he was a first time offender and play-off games carry more weight then regular season games so two games would have been more fair I guess. Big reason my Jets lost the series as he was the heart or the engine that made the Jet fly. No surprise that they crashed and burned in a big pile of smoke and rubble in the end.

Answer:

Spoiler

Metallica loaded & Reloaded double album set. Really anything from Metallica or Three Days Grace

Answer:

Spoiler

Depends on the weather as I really love cold beer on a hot day and nothing beats a cold one when standing in a warm or hot shower after a tough day of work or hard played game of Hockey. But I do like my coffee hot when it is cold or early in the morning.

Answer:

Spoiler

Anything meat. Interesting fact that in Japan they put corn and potatoes on their pizza, which isn't bad but just not my cup of tea.

1. Trade deadline is coming soon and we have a few phantoms planning to retire, what do you have to say to them?

2. We started the season strong, then got some bad sims in the middle and now we seems to be back in strength, how do you feel about it?

3. How wrong has been your playoffs predictions so far?

4. What is the best ice cream flavor?

5. What country would you like to visit the most?

6. What was your favorite tv show as a kid?

On 6/6/2021 at 6:28 AM, Domg5 said:

Late Pressers, I'm sorry, I got a crazy week.

1. Honestly this lsoing streak for Warsaw, they're a top team and a five game losing streak is strange for them, but I assume they'll turn it around soon.

2. I mean i'll watch hockey whenever!

3. I think it sent the right message, and it was a costly mistake for him and a good punishment for his team.

4. Hard one, maybe Revenge of the Dreamers 3? maybe not the best album overall but a lot of good memories with it

5. Cold, even in the winter.

6. Meat. But really anything except mushrooms and olives, i'm not too picky.

21 hours ago, Domg5 said:

1. Trade deadline is coming soon and we have a few phantoms planning to retire, what do you have to say to them?

2. We started the season strong, then got some bad sims in the middle and now we seems to be back in strength, how do you feel about it?

1. It's been a pleasure playing with you guys. Let's finish strong and get these guys a championship!! Good luck with your next player!

2. It's nice to see us bouncing back. We have a great team here who had some bad luck in the sim.

3. 50/50 Tampa and Vegas but the rest I have been so very wrong about.

4. I don't really really eat much ice cream. But if I have my choice either cookies and cream or green tea.

5. I'd love to visit anywhere in the UK or Cuba.

6. Probably King of the hill or maybe Boy meets world. Those two shows specifically bring back many fond memories.

Edited by wcats

1. Trade deadline is coming soon and we have a few phantoms planning to retire, what do you have to say to them? - It's not that I want to, but it's the rules. I had a blast here, and it's only starting to hit me that it's coming to an end. We'll just have to do everything we can to make this season last even longer!!

2. We started the season strong, then got some bad sims in the middle and now we seems to be back in strength, how do you feel about it? - As long as we got our worst play done with, I'm good. It's all about getting hot at the right time, and if we can do that, we'll be in great shape!

3. How wrong has been your playoffs predictions so far? - Honestly, not doing too bad so far. A lot better than previous seasons!

4. What is the best ice cream flavor? - Chocolate chip cockie dough is the bee's knees. 

5. What country would you like to visit the most? - Germany, as it's my ancestral home. I would absolutely love to visit one day. 

6. What was your favorite tv show as a kid? - Probably a toss-up between the original TMNT and Dexter's Lab. 90's kid here!

Great careers! Best of luck with future adventures. Hopefully, recreates are coming and the players turn out well!

Interesting stuff for sure. Of course, winning and losing is part of the game, but you would think ''losing streaks'' like that are not as likely after you keep winning a lot of games. Important thing is that wins keep coming now. Better to get hot for the playoffs than for the regular season.

Not terribly wrong. I did not have too many predictions before playoffs ;)  As a casul I knew Tampa would be up there, but other than that I did not make any predictions or even follow the playoff race too closely.

Chocolate or mint or chocolate mint

Greece could be fun or Egypt. I would like to see some historical locations.

I can't remember. Simpsons perhaps