Prague Phantoms Press Conference

Jbeezy76

1. Why do you think we've been starting off so slow this season?
  2. Not slow, more like a fine wine, enjoy it for the season!
  3. Who is your favourite teammate so far?
  4. I'm loving what Perry is bringing to the table as a rookie. i remember what it was like as a rook and he's doing a great job
  5. How hard has your coach been working you in practices? Do you think its warranted?
  6. we should be stepping up even more.  the legs feed the wolves brother
  7. Are there any new meals in the team cafeteria you want to try out? If not, then what would you recommend for the team to be fed?
  8. yes, spaghettio's are a big hit for me, also likeing the sushi offerings
  9. Who is your pick for MVP this season? Why do you think it would be them?
  10. I'm going Reylynn so far, off to a very good start and leading the team on and off the ice.  great teammate but it's a marathon so we'll see!
  11. Do you have a suggestion for the upper management?
  12. yes, more team pizza parties, i'm hungry like a wolf, thank you duran duran.

595244386_DK28.JPG.1f6e41edad36062e3d46557c8ca5482a.JPG

Prague Presser!

1. With the season under way, what is one attribute you wish you would have added to instead of during your rebuild?
  2. The Phantoms are in 4th place, 12 pts out of first and 7 pts ahead of 5th, what is one thing the team can do to solidify it’s playoff run and gain ground on Riga?
  3. Which of your teammates is the most surprising on the stat sheet?
  4. Do you drive or get a ride to the arena on game day?
  5. Do you like your gloves dried between periods?
  6. What if anything do you eat or drink between periods in the locker room?
  7. The Phantoms home locker room is second to none in the league, which opposing team has the worst locker room for visitors?
  8. The Phantoms have recently partnered with 3 Floyds Brewing and it’s Foggy Geezer IPA as our newest sponsor.  Do you consume this product and if not who would you like to see partner with the franchise?

Presser.PNG.315bf639da42c256a521ab6427eb6536.PNG

On 5/2/2022 at 10:38 AM, Darth Kaprizov said:

Prague Presser!

1. With the season under way, what is one attribute you wish you would have added to instead of during your rebuild?
  2. The Phantoms are in 4th place, 12 pts out of first and 7 pts ahead of 5th, what is one thing the team can do to solidify it’s playoff run and gain ground on Riga?
  3. Which of your teammates is the most surprising on the stat sheet?
  4. Do you drive or get a ride to the arena on game day?
  5. Do you like your gloves dried between periods?
  6. What if anything do you eat or drink between periods in the locker room?
  7. The Phantoms home locker room is second to none in the league, which opposing team has the worst locker room for visitors?
  8. The Phantoms have recently partnered with 3 Floyds Brewing and it’s Foggy Geezer IPA as our newest sponsor.  Do you consume this product and if not who would you like to see partner with the franchise?

2). Honestly, give STHS an appropriate sacrifice to bring some good luck our way.

4). Drive by myself. That car ride alone with music is therapeutic.

5). No, that's not something I normally go for. I'm good with my gloves throughout the game as is.

6). Orange juice was always a big one, plus a pickle. Yes I know it's weird but it worked (at least I thought it did lol).

7). Moscow. It's a rinky dink room with folding chairs and we just hear "MOSCOW MOSCOW MOSCOW" from the stands above us.

8). Beer is good, so yes I consume.

1. The team is having an interesting season, success against some of the top teams yet floundering against teams behind us in the standings.  What do you think we could do differently?
  2. What are your plans for the VHL All Star Game? 
  3. Do you use an alarm clock to wake up or is your body conditioned to automatically wake up when needed.
  4. What is your pregame ritual.  Some players put their gear on the same way, what’s yours?
  5. Some players feel the energy on the way to the rink.  How do you know if you are going to have a good game or not?
  6. What stick flex and lie do you like and why?
  7. What goals did you set for yourself this season and how are where do you stand on achieving them?
  8. Regardless of which team you were on at the time, what is the best post game accolade your teammates handed out?  hard helmet, chain gang, champ belt, etc….

On 5/10/2022 at 1:02 PM, Darth Kaprizov said:
  1. The team is having an interesting season, success against some of the top teams yet floundering against teams behind us in the standings.  What do you think we could do differently?
  2. What are your plans for the VHL All Star Game? 
  3. Do you use an alarm clock to wake up or is your body conditioned to automatically wake up when needed.
  4. What is your pregame ritual.  Some players put their gear on the same way, what’s yours?
  5. Some players feel the energy on the way to the rink.  How do you know if you are going to have a good game or not?
  6. What stick flex and lie do you like and why?
  7. What goals did you set for yourself this season and how are where do you stand on achieving them?
  8. Regardless of which team you were on at the time, what is the best post game accolade your teammates handed out?  hard helmet, chain gang, champ belt, etc….

1). Commit more to offense, just start going full tilt. I think we can overpower a lot of teams.

3). Alarm clock, mainly because I get up at different times for work and my kids.

4). I put on my lower half of my gear, then usually put in my headphones and play music.

5). That first lap on the ice for warm ups. If that clicks, I’m good. If I feel sluggish or weird, it’s going to be a rough game.

7). My goals initially this season were to produce as much as I can. However, my role with the team right now is to be a team player. I’ve been mainly focusing on my face off statistics and my +/- right now. I think in another season or two is when I’ll be at the point to produce.

8). When I was with the Red Wolves, we handed out a fleece to the player best deserving after the game. It was super unique to get a pelt of fur to drape over yourself like a warrior!

1. Prague is currently sitting in 5th place with a log jam of teams (London 72pts, Warsaw 68pts, Prague 67pts & Helsinki 63pts).  How do you think things shake out over the over the final 18 games?
  2. Follow up question… How do you think your play will help Prague get there?
  3. What type of pass do you like to make the most; Sauce, Direct or Indirect?
  4. What is your favorite celly you’ve done this season?
  5. Who do you think is leading the way as the teams MVP this season?
  6. Do you use the TPA Tool to help build your player?
  7. What gear do you prefer, CCM, Bauer, True, Warrior or other?  Also are you endorsed by them?
  8. When the season ends and Prague wins the cup, what would your ideal day be when you have it for 24 hours?  

Prague is currently sitting in 5th place with a log jam of teams (London 72pts, Warsaw 68pts, Prague 67pts & Helsinki 63pts).  How do you think things shake out over the over the final 18 games? 

I think this is our opportunity to make moves. We’ve been playing down to our opponents level recently, but if we can overcome that and play our brand of hockey then I think we can definitely kiss London and Warsaw goodbye. 

Follow up question… How do you think your play will help Prague get there?

Do what needs to get done. Get down in the corners and make the scrappy plays to get the puck where it needs to go. 

What type of pass do you like to make the most; Sauce, Direct or Indirect?

Being able to use the boards as a resource rather than a hinderance is always a great feeling especially when you sneak a pass right around an opposing player. 

What is your favorite celly you’ve done this season?

The good old duck hunt is always great. Usually spend around 5 minutes in the box after though. 

What gear do you prefer, CCM, Bauer, True, Warrior or other?  Also are you endorsed by them?

I’ve always been a Bauer man. Their skates have just fit me like a glove. However, I’ve been experimenting with some warrior sticks recently and I’m really liking them. 

When the season ends and Prague wins the cup, what would your ideal day be when you have it for 24 hours?

Just to be able to bring that thing back home and spend some time with my family. That’ll mean more to me then one more party I won’t remember. 

1. Prague is having a late season push up the standings, you were playing well before this last stretch but what do you think has pushed the team over the hump?
  2. Who would you want to play in the first round of the playoffs?
  3. What color scheme is your favorite alternative jersey combo?
  4. Have you been thinking about your golf game at all?
  5. What is your favorite pre game meal?
  6. Do you prefer coffee, Red Bull or other before/during a game?
  7. Are  you a Star Wars fan and are you excited for the Obi Wan series?
  8. If you were reincarnated and had the choice between a snake and weasel, which would you choose?     

On 5/23/2022 at 9:50 AM, Darth Kaprizov said:
  1. Prague is having a late season push up the standings, you were playing well before this last stretch but what do you think has pushed the team over the hump?
  2. Who would you want to play in the first round of the playoffs?
  3. What color scheme is your favorite alternative jersey combo?
  4. Have you been thinking about your golf game at all?
  5. What is your favorite pre game meal?
  6. Do you prefer coffee, Red Bull or other before/during a game?
  7. Are  you a Star Wars fan and are you excited for the Obi Wan series?
  8. If you were reincarnated and had the choice between a snake and weasel, which would you choose?     

1). I think an adjustment in strategies helped us get over that little struggle we were having, and thank goodness!
3). Our grey and purple stealth jerseys are super awesome!

4). Nope, mind is set on hockey right now. We've got a run for the cup to push for!

5). Fish in some way, sometimes a fish taco or sometimes grilled.

6). Coffee, it's what hits the spot for me and helps me think clearly.

7). Absolutely, and very much so!! I'm hoping to see Darth Vader in action again and am excited for Hayden to come back to the Star Wars universe.

Prague is having a late season push up the standings, you were playing well before this last stretch but what do you think has pushed the team over the hump?

Fear of failing does magical things when most realize that they were suppose to make the play-offs easily and then at least make the Europe Conference Finals. In the end the conference was much tougher then most expected and closer so getting good tending and a bit of the puck luck can make a huge difference between winning and losing thus the difference in the standing and the last few game.

Who would you want to play in the first round of the playoffs?

Doesn`t matter as the team simple needs to win and the continue to push through each and every game towards the Cup.

What color scheme is your favorite alternative jersey combo?

I hate but love the all blue uniform with the purple with the black stripes. It just really different compared to the rest of the jerseys around the league.

Have you been thinking about your golf game at all?

Yes, Thanks for reminding me since my player plays in Stockholm now and we have been golfing since the middle of last week as we are eliminated from the play-offs in the VHLE.

What is your favorite pre-game meal?

Pasta is usually what I end up eating as the steak that I really want would simply be too heavy and much me sluggish.

Do you prefer coffee, Red Bull or other before/during a game?

I am an others guy as I used to get a the old extra large French vanilla from Tims` before the game and sip on it before the game, during the first intermission and the second intermission. I was a bit lost if the game went to over-time but from time to time a trainer with a few minutes remaining in the game if tied would run and get me a top-up.

Are  you a Star Wars fan and are you excited for the Obi Wan series?

Yes, I am a Star Wars fan but living in Japan is like living in a black hole. News gets here late and at different times. It also doesn`t mean we will even get the series so it is interesting to find out I have something to look forward too as it might be a few years before we even get it after it is released.

If you were reincarnated and had the choice between a snake and weasel, which would you choose?   

Weasel since I think it might be a tougher animal but otherwise I have no idea why!! I am also scared of snakes so would scare the shit out of myself when looking in a mirror!!

1. Well…. the playoffs are over for Prague, what are your thoughts on the season?
  2. Besides the exit from the playoffs, what was the key thing this season you didn’t feel went as planned?
  3. Do you feel you played up to your expectations this season?
  4. Based on this answer, what will you be working on in the offseason to get you to where you want to be next season?
  5. If you could model your game after another player, who would it be?
  6. What upcoming vacations or other activities do you have planned during the offseason?
  7. Any thoughts on what you would like to see Prague do with it’s upcoming alternative jersey prototype?
  8. If you had a choice, what meal would you chose from the following:  Salad with lots of vegetables and vinaigrette dressing,  cheeseburger and onion rings or barbeque chicken pizza?

On 6/2/2022 at 10:35 AM, Darth Kaprizov said:
  1. Well…. the playoffs are over for Prague, what are your thoughts on the season?
  2. Besides the exit from the playoffs, what was the key thing this season you didn’t feel went as planned?
  3. Do you feel you played up to your expectations this season?
  4. Based on this answer, what will you be working on in the offseason to get you to where you want to be next season?
  5. If you could model your game after another player, who would it be?
  6. What upcoming vacations or other activities do you have planned during the offseason?
  7. Any thoughts on what you would like to see Prague do with it’s upcoming alternative jersey prototype?
  8. If you had a choice, what meal would you chose from the following:  Salad with lots of vegetables and vinaigrette dressing,  cheeseburger and onion rings or barbeque chicken pizza?

1). I think we still have a good team and depending on some things, we could do really well next season!

3). Yes, and then things really started to click at the end. I think Laperriere is going to do great things here!

4). I need a better FO percentage and the ability to score, so I’ll be working on that this off-season.

6). I have a camping trip planned in Germany for a few days to just get away from the VHL for a bit!

8). Right now, I’m leaning towards the salad. Not the biggest fan of onion rings and BBQ pizza, although good, is more of a in the mood type of food for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  1. Welcome to the start of another season of Prague Hockey, what are you most excited about?
  2. On the contrary, what are you apprehensive about to start the season off?
  3. Off season is over and training camp has begun.  What did skills did you work on over the off season?
  4. What do you feel was the most controversial management move during the off season, for either Prague or the VHL?
  5. What are your personal goals for the upcoming season?
  6. Which Praguer do you think will have a breakout season?
  7. Which Praguer do you think will have the biggest season?
  8. Are you watching the NHL SC Playoffs?  Who are you routing for?

On 6/20/2022 at 4:09 PM, Darth Kaprizov said:
  1. Welcome to the start of another season of Prague Hockey, what are you most excited about?
  2. On the contrary, what are you apprehensive about to start the season off?
  3. Off season is over and training camp has begun.  What did skills did you work on over the off season?
  4. What do you feel was the most controversial management move during the off season, for either Prague or the VHL?
  5. What are your personal goals for the upcoming season?
  6. Which Praguer do you think will have a breakout season?
  7. Which Praguer do you think will have the biggest season?
  8. Are you watching the NHL SC Playoffs?  Who are you routing for?

1). I’m excited for the future of this team. This season is going to be a little slow for us, but we’ll soon pick it up over the course of the next few drafts!

3). Skating was a big one, as well as more strength and more defensive positioning.

5). Since we are in a rebuild, I want to focus on being a main player for the future of this team. I’m committed to Prague’s success!

6). Not to be too conceited, but I think my player will have a much better season than last season. It started out slow last season, but right as S83 ended Laperriere began to find some rhythm. I think this season Laperriere will have at least 60 points or more.

7). Tessier is going to have the biggest season for the team.

8). I am, and I’m rooting for the Avalanche. My wife’s family currently lives out there and are big fans.

• 4 weeks later...
  1. Off season is over and training camp has begun.  What did skills did you work on over the off season?

I worked on my skating and agility. Although they're not the most important skills for a goalie. They are the foundation that leads to being a solid goalie. 

1. What do you feel was the most controversial management move during the off season, for either Prague or the VHL?

I guess it was the trade made by Cow that led to them being ridiculed to the point they no longer wanted to be a GM.

1. What are your personal goals for the upcoming season?

I want to dominate the VHLE and show that I will be a great goalie in the VHL.

• 1 month later...
  1. With the first day of regular season right around the corner, what are your expectations for this season?
  2. Every team has their Rival. Who is Prague's biggest Rival?
  3. During the Off-Season, was there anything that surprised you?
  4. Which VHL team do you see winning the cup this season?
  5. What type of player do you want your player to be?
  6. Are there any games on the upcoming season schedule that you have especially marked on your calendar?

1 hour ago, Moon said:
  1. With the first day of regular season right around the corner, what are your expectations for this season?
  2. Every team has their Rival. Who is Prague's biggest Rival?
  3. During the Off-Season, was there anything that surprised you?
  4. Which VHL team do you see winning the cup this season?
  5. What type of player do you want your player to be?
  6. Are there any games on the upcoming season schedule that you have especially marked on your calendar?

.1 I’m hoping this is my breakout season  and really go to a new level

.2i would say it had to be Moscow , even though I’m new to the culture .

3it was definitely a shock to be traded !!

..4 Prague as long as I’m on a team it will always be our year 

.5 I def want to be a physical , responsible power forward , that can score. 
.6 I am looking forward to them all , yet I know I have a few teams I want to regret trading me !! 

I know that we have a young team. I expect us to have some bumps in the road. I hope that we’re able to stay together as a team and overcome whatever comes our way.

1. Which VHL team do you see winning the cup this season?

It looks like Vancouver is going to be really good. You can never count out Moscow either. Oh wait, I mean Prague.

1. What type of player do you want your player to be?

I just want to be someone who goes out there and gives it their all, night after night. If I leave it all on the ice, I’m satisfied, Also, don’t come into my crease.

1. What do you think our record will be at the end of the season??
2. Which VHL team has shocked you by their performance thus far?
3. Which VHL team do you think needs to be relocated?
4. Who is your early prediction to win the Continental Cup?
5. What is your favourite dessert?
6. What is your favourite Olympic Sport?

• 3 weeks later...

1. What do you think our record will be at the end of the season??

It will be a tough season, so something like 26-38-8. It will get better soon :)

Vancouver. Last in their conference last season, they are now first!

I don't know what to answer here, each team have a history and I can't say if a team deserve to move.

I don't want to jinx anyone, so I would say that every team have it's chance to win.

Tough one! Probably something that my mom just cooked!

Can't say anything else than the sport that I play since I was a little kid, hockey.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess it’s not so early now, but I think Moscow has a great chance to win it all. Also don’t sleep on Chicago.

Really tough, because I’m not sure I had it yet. Tough to top a really good tiramisu. But I’m still holding out hope of something more amazing. Tough to hate on really good ice cream too.

I like a lot of Olympic sports. One of my favorite things is to watch all the events I normally don’t get to see. This last Winter Olympics I really got into biathlon. Always love curling, short track speed skating as well. Summer games are a whole different story, because there’s so many, but I really like fencing and badminton, among tons of others. Basically whatever is on quickly becomes my faovrite.

• 2 weeks later...

Over 50 wins is what I say.

Nobody really, I expected fairly close season all around, of course Warsaw had way more points than others, but it was quite tight season otherwise.

Vancouver, bring the team back where it belongs - Quebec.

Prague is going to take it. Not really a prediction, more of a fact.

Anything with chocolate, I like chocolate things.

Football perhaps.

On 9/15/2022 at 1:13 PM, Moon said:

1. We're going for the cup. I don't care what the regular season numbers are! Just make the post-season and LET'S GO!

2. I wouldn't say I was shocked, but I was happy to see DC finally win it. They deserve it.

3. LA's team has always looked kind of plain to me. Just looks too much like the NHL's LA Kings. Relocate!

4. Prague Phantoms. LET'S GO!

5. Ice cream cake from Dairy Queen.

6. Ice hockey. Easy answer I guess. Lmao

1. Every player in Prague makes at least 1.5 million this year, has the salaries gone too high in VHL?

2.  Does this off-season feel longer than other off-seasons? (Still almost a week to go before season starts)

3.   Prague has five centers and only one winger in the roster - is that going to be a problem?

1. For roleplaying purposes - should it be ok to answer and ask question in a press conference using other languages than just English?

2. What would be the worst possible destination for training camp?

3. Just how important it is to win faceoffs in the modern VHL?

4.  Which Prague player is going to score the most goals this year?

5.  Which Prague prospect is going to be the next big star in VHL?

6.  Your thoughts and comments on the fact that more and more teams are using only three defenders?