Consistent Growth from New Players [1/2]

Cxsquared

Gma9A8F.png&key=a55bcd8b594b3bba794c9a9e

Season 68 is well underway at this point. In the VHLM players have stepped up and some have stepped away from the game. The well established builders have continued to create consistently growing players. But what about the new builders? How have their characters been coming along? Today I’ll be taking a look at the new players who have had the most consistent player growth. 

This is in no way a complete look at ever up and coming player in the season 69 VHL draft. It is however, a collection of new builders who have shown consistency when it comes to player growth. I can almost guarantee that at least one or two of these players will go on to have great VHL careers. As one final note, these stats were pulled on 10/12 so it might not show the most up-to-date growth. Without further ado, here are my choices for most consistent new players…

10. Lek Bislimi @jhatty8

So far Lek has earned an average of 8 TPE a week. While it’s not an amazing number it does show consistency. As of me writing this article they currently don’t have any TPE this week but have consistently earned TPE the last 8 weeks. It’ll be interesting to see if Lek can continue to grow at this slow but steady pace.

9. Shush Nyko @SDCore

Nyko has been trucking along with an average of 10 TPE per week and a TPE streak of 6 weeks. Soon they will be breaking the 100 TPE mark which seems to be an important milestone for new characters. Shush was drafted 31st in the latest VHLM draft which is the highest on this list. We’ll see if they can grow even more as this VHLM season comes closer to the end.

8. Daldo @Harpskii

Daldo has also been earning an average of 10 TPE a week but is rocking a TPE streak of 7 weeks. Just like Shush Nyko they are closing in on that 100 TPE mark. If Daldo can pick up the pace they can become a solid right winger for a future VHL team.

7. Kris Rice @Krice13

Rice has been one of the more break out players on this list. Since they declared for the VHLM draft they have been earning an average of 15 TPE a week. Being drafted late (55th) I think this is one of the bigger draft picks that happened in the season 68 VHLM entry draft. Rice will be one to keep an eye on.

6. Patrik Tallinder @Patrik Tallinder

Talinder has been growing at a great 17 TPE per week pace. They’ve only been on the VHL radar for 6 weeks but have already earned 130 TPE. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are being pushed to the limit by the time this VHLM season comes to an end.

5. David OQuinn @JohnOQuinn

OQuinn is the only player on this list that wasn’t drafted during the season 68 VHLM entry draft. David was picked up late after the draft but has shown powerful growth this season. Since showing up on the scene, OQuinn has been earning an average 18 TPE per week. He has really been pushing the limits of his growth and I think it will lead to a great career.

4. Ben Storm @BigBallerFromDownUnder

In my opinion, Ben Storm was the biggest win coming out of the season 68 VHLM draft. He was drafted all the way back at 67th but is one of the best up and coming players. Strom has been earning a whopping 19 TPE on average per week. With this kind of growth he certainly has been the best late round pick.

3. Erik Summers @Erik Summers

Coming in at number 3, it’s clear Erik Summers has been one of the best up and coming players. This defensive star has managed an average of 19 TPE per week and has been consistently earning TPE for the last 6 weeks. Currently sitting at 145 TPE, I think this will be one of the first new players of season 69 to max out in the VHLM.

2. Guy Sasakamoose @Cxsquared

The only other defensive player on the list that can give Summers a run for his money. Guy Sasakamoose has also been putting in an average of 20 TPE per week. But as of this writing Sasakamoose is currently beating Summers in TPE with a TPE of 148. It seems it’s going to be a battle between Sasakamoose and Summers for probably their whole careers.

1. Guy Lessieur @KC Philip

Guy Lessieur has topped out the average TPE per week on this list by generating a massive 21 TPE. They’ve been training hard over the last 5 weeks and have been pushing it to the limit every week. They came out of the gate strong but only time will tell if they can keep this pace up. If they can they have the potential to become a VHL star.

I'm very surprised I'm the most consistent S69 TPE earner! I won't be able to keep it up at 18/week though. Even getting lucky with predictions - the best I'll be able to do, since I exhausted all my doubles and once-a-career options, will be 14/week. The saving grace will be if I get lucky with pick'ems and score predictions. We shall see! Thank you for the article, good sir.

Edited by JohnOQuinn

31 minutes ago, Cxsquared said:

4. Ben Storm @BigBallerFromDownUnder

In my opinion, Ben Storm was the biggest win coming out of the season 68 VHLM draft. He was drafted all the way back at 67th but is one of the best up and coming players. Strom has been earning a whopping 19 TPE on average per week. With this kind of growth he certainly has been the best late round pick.

Fun fact: I had this guy marked as a steal on my draft board because I saw him asking a few questions on Discord and because @Berocka was overly excited about having another real live Australian in the league and I tried to trade up with a couple teams from the sixth round because I saw he was still on the board. They either weren't interested or just weren't around at that point, and Halifax picked him up at 51. 

I even asked @fonziGG if he was willing to trade immediately after the fact, but he (understandably) wanted to keep Storm around. DAMMIT FONZI

18 minutes ago, Berocka said:

Putting yourself at number 2 so you aren't first I understand. Trying to have your bias fly under the radar.

The order was generated using average TPE gain per week since creation then total TPE for tie breakers. I was hoping I was first when I started gathering the numbers but alas I am not. I'm still the highest TPE out of the list.

Edited by Cxsquared

3 minutes ago, Cxsquared said:

The order was generated using average TPE gain per week since creation then total TPE for tie breakers. I was hoping I was first when I started gathering the numbers but alas I am not. I'm still the highest TPE out of the list.

I trust your integrity, just making fun. 

59 minutes ago, JohnOQuinn said:

I'm very surprised I'm the most consistent S69 TPE earner! I won't be able to keep it up at 18/week though. Even getting lucky with predictions - the best I'll be able to do, since I exhausted all my doubles and once-a-career options, will be 14/week. The saving grace will be if I get lucky with pick'ems and score predictions. We shall see! Thank you for the article, good sir.

I imagine the top people will fall to 14 TPE per week over time. But this list shows how hard some went early on.

Review

Love to see these kinds of articles. I feel like top VHLM players don't get enough time in the limelight, especially since lots of the writers from prior classes are primarily covering VHL now. I enjoyed your use of an objective metric for ranking players (I did something very similar a few seasons back!). Don't be afraid to expand this article a bit by including additional analysis: noting that Ben Storm was a big riser is a good detail to include, but little facts like what team they play on, how they did last season (if applicable), current stats, or where you project them to be drafted are all ways to show you're doing your research.

Great work! Looking forward to more of your writing.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Consistent Growth from New Players [1/2]