“Reviews” - Complaint

Ricer13

I have a slight complaint on the value of TPE you get for doing reviews. 

It takes anywhere from 30-45 minutes to properly do reviews each week. This includes reading the articles and then coming up with a review.

The amount of time it takes is near to what it is to do a media spot which is worth 6 TPE. It’s also nearly the same amount of work.

I think reviews are important but it would be nice to see some changes made to maybe incline people to do them on a regular basis. 

I suggest either changing the TPE from 4-6 TPE capped or making an increase to 3 TPE and making it uncapped. 

Please message me with any questions or if you are open to seriously considering making some changes to this point task.

Edited by Krice13

• Head Moderator

There have been many changes to the grader position and its compensation, however I don't think they are simply going to double the pay because it takes awhile to do the job.  

Edited by frescoelmo

3 minutes ago, DilIsPickle said:

Haha no

Stop being a pimple.

@Krice13 traditionally in the VHL for things considered 'job pay' they have lower payouts than other leagues for a couple reasons: job pay used to be the only way to reach the weekly cap when it was 9, and welfare pays out more here than in other leagues. It's something that @DollarAndADream and the blues can certainly take a look at, but if you want less intensive ways to reach the cap, you can try doing a VHL.com article, VHL.com player card and press conference to get the 6 capped you need to supplement your point task.

It takes a while and the same amount of work as a media spot. At 2 TPE it’s not worth the time to do it, especially since there are much easier ways to gain TPE with VHL 950 and trivia. 

I am just thinking increasing the TPE to do reviews might create some incentive to do it.

8 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

Stop being a pimple.

@Krice13 traditionally in the VHL for things considered 'job pay' they have lower payouts than other leagues for a couple reasons: job pay used to be the only way to reach the weekly cap when it was 9, and welfare pays out more here than in other leagues. It's something that @DollarAndADream and the blues can certainly take a look at, but if you want less intensive ways to reach the cap, you can try doing a VHL.com article, VHL.com player card and press conference to get the 6 capped you need to supplement your point task.

Yah I do the other less intensive ways for sure haha!

Thanks for reaching out! I just wanted to bring up my thoughts on Reviews. If it doesn’t change it is what it is, I’ll just continue to earn TPE other ways! 

This current grading system is actually a lot easier than it used to be. It's still worth the same amount of TPE with the same amount of articles reviewed as well.

In the past, you had to look for every single grammar mistake you could find, and every single thing had to have a title on top, picture, and look neat otherwise it didn't get a 6/6.

How it is now, it seems alright to me, but it's been that way for all the years I've been a grader myself.

I know in the SBA, you need to review 5 things and you get 3 TPE for the week. But you needed to be selected for the job, up until the other day where they have started allowing anyone to do it, just like the VHL.

• Head Moderator
18 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

In the past, you had to look for every single grammar mistake you could find, and every single thing had to have a title on top, picture, and look neat otherwise it didn't get a 6/6.

That's not blown out of proportion or anything lol

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, frescoelmo said:

He’s exaggerating a tad but it did depend on the grader and some were incredibly strict.

3 hours ago, Krice13 said:

I have a slight complaint on the value of TPE you get for doing reviews. 

It takes anywhere from 30-45 minutes to properly do reviews each week. This includes reading the articles and then coming up with a review.

The amount of time it takes is near to what it is to do a media spot which is worth 6 TPE. It’s also nearly the same amount of work.

I think reviews are important but it would be nice to see some changes made to maybe incline people to do them on a regular basis. 

I suggest either changing the TPE from 4-6 TPE capped or making an increase to 3 TPE and making it uncapped. 

Please message me with any questions or if you are open to seriously considering making some changes to this point task.

2 hours ago, frescoelmo said:

FWIW I think the old grading system was better (and drove more league talk) but I haven't heard many complaints about the current one so people must generally like it.

1 hour ago, DollarAndADream said:

This current grading system is actually a lot easier than it used to be. It's still worth the same amount of TPE with the same amount of articles reviewed as well.

How it is now, it seems alright to me, but it's been that way for all the years I've been a grader myself.

I know in the SBA, you need to review 5 things and you get 3 TPE for the week. But you needed to be selected for the job, up until the other day where they have started allowing anyone to do it, just like the VHL.

@Sonnet with perhaps his greatest legacy :P 

I once lost a 0.25 for a misplaced comma so I got a 5.75 on my PT.

Suffice to say, i went to DMs to contest it lol.

55 minutes ago, Beketov said:

He’s exaggerating a tad but it did depend on the grader and some were incredibly strict.

Yeah, I'm exaggerating a little bit for sure.

But some guys would deduct 1 TPE if they found like 3-4 words spelled wrong.

25 minutes ago, Krice13 said:

That’s brutal, my grammar can be terrible at times.

Counterpoint: There was more than one person who have English as their second language that greatly appreciated it and credited it towards them becoming more proficient in the language.

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, tfong said:

I once lost a 0.25 for a misplaced comma so I got a 5.75 on my PT.

Suffice to say, i went to DMs to contest it lol.

As a government employee I expect better from you

1 hour ago, DollarAndADream said:

Yeah, I'm exaggerating a little bit for sure.

But some guys would deduct 1 TPE if they found like 3-4 words spelled wrong.

Yeah it really depended on the guy!  I blame jardy

21 minutes ago, flyersfan1453 said:

Counterpoint: There was more than one person who have English as their second language that greatly appreciated it and credited it towards them becoming more proficient in the language.

"There was more than one person who have English as their second language"

I actually love reviewing as a constructive way to fix grammar, and I've typed out long replies about grammar for people who have asked for them, but I'd hate the idea of losing TPE over the most minor mistakes.

if the entire essay is writen like this and no attention is paid to the conventions of standard american english then ya i agree

All jokes aside, I'd love for reviewers to go a bit beyond "a few grammar mistakes" and actually explain what should be changed, but I prefer the current system over something where missing a comma gets you docked.

Just now, GustavMattias said:

"There was more than one person who have English as their second language"

I actually love reviewing as a constructive way to fix grammar, and I've typed out long replies about grammar for people who have asked for them, but I'd hate the idea of losing TPE over the most minor mistakes.

if the entire essay is writen like this and no attention is paid to the conventions of standard american english then ya i agree

All jokes aside, I'd love for reviewers to go a bit beyond "a few grammar mistakes" and actually explain what should be changed, but I prefer the current system over something where missing a comma gets you docked.

I changed my sentence midway through and didn't proofread!