San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

2 minutes ago, thadthrasher said:

:sdm:San Diego Marlins Press Conference:sdm:

Week ending 05 September 2021

1. We made it to playoffs! Our first series is against Mississauga, who beat us 5-0 throughout the season. Do you think STHS will favor us?

2. What does your player do for fun before a big game?

3. How many goals do you think you will score against Mississauga? Or, if you are our goalie, how many saves will you make?

4. If we did a rebrand, what would our city and name be?

5. Have you enjoyed your time in San Diego?

6. What weighs more, a ton of feathers or a ton of bricks?

1) As a new player on the team, i am glad to get my opportunity in the league and try help my team to turn that record from regular season the other way. 

2) Relaxes with some good hard rock and pump-up music to get fired for the games. 

3) Hopefully i can surprise the opponent as a new player and new face in the league, couple goals would be a good start :)

4) As a Finn, i will have to go with Helsinki Frost

5) Very much! Lots of great guys in the locker room and happy to be part of it. 

6) Ton of fearhers. 

1. We made it to playoffs! Our first series is against Mississauga, who beat us 5-0 throughout the season. Do you think STHS will favor us?

Favor? Probably not. But I do think that we'll be able to steal a game or two in this one and make them sweat a bit.

It's all about zoning out and making sure you don't sike yourself out. A bit of video games does the trick, especially something like Call of Duty that's all reflexes.

3. How many goals do you think you will score against Mississauga? Or, if you are our goalie, how many saves will you make?

Aww, how nice of you to think of me. And for that reason, my answer will be ALL OF THE SAVES. FOUR STRAIGHT SHUTOUTS INCOMING.

I actually like both the city and branding as is - I think San Diego's a slept on sports market in general. If I were to change it'd be to make it more hockey-centric - Ice Marlins perhaps?

I have, I'm glad I got traded here. It's been a fun locker room, and I've enjoyed being part of the run from last to into the playoffs.

The ton of people running away from all of those bricks, which weigh just as much as the feathers but are much more compact - meaning if they land on you, ow.

No we are too good regardless.

Party, I like to get drunk with the bros.

maybe 1, I'm the guy to feed the puck.

Toronto Legions, oh wait what?

Yeah its been a chill time, love the team and management.

Both are equally scary, think of trillions of feathers falling down on you, bet that mess you up as much as bricks would.

6 hours ago, thadthrasher said:

:sdm:San Diego Marlins Press Conference:sdm:

Week ending 05 September 2021

1. I believe the STHS gods will do us good.

2. Aldwin likes to spend time with family.

3. I will be watching our team from the booth.

4. Honolulu Tiger Sharks.

5. Aldwin loved it here and Im glad to be a manager here as well.

6. The container holding it.

• 3 weeks later...

SAN DIEGO MARLINS PRESS CONFERENCE

WEEK ENDING SEPTEMBER 19, 2021 (Today) 

80B9B09F-2DE1-453D-BFD4-D5ED80988F1A.jpeg.a8f76563ae8c6aba986b844ff63d3082.jpeg

Answer for 2 Capped TPE 

To Claim: Top right corner of post > three dots > share > copy link > scroll up > update player > claim capped > paste link, 2 TPE, week ending 9/19, press conference 

1. 🏙️ What do you think of the city so far and are you happy to be a Marlin? 

2. :sdm:What do you hope to accomplish this season, as a player and a team? 

3. 🎮 What do you enjoy doing on discord? Any games you’d like to see added? 

4. 😀 What can we do to ensure you have a great experience? 

5. 🏒 Do you have a favorite NHL team? If you don’t watch hockey that much, what sports/leagues interest you? 

6. 🍦To get to know you all a bit better, what is the best ice cream flavor? 

@Johnny_HX@Tyler9992@boatsinking123@Tomat0@Jake Sumner@Silver Warrior

1. 🏙️ What do you think of the city so far and are you happy to be a Marlin? I am thrilled to be a Marlin. The city is great and I can't wait to get started.

2. :sdm:What do you hope to accomplish this season, as a player and a team? I hope that our team makes a deep run and has a solid chance on winning it all. My personal goal is to be an impactful player during my first year.

3. 🎮 What do you enjoy doing on discord? Any games you’d like to see added? I just like hanging out and being able to communicate with the others.

4. 😀 What can we do to ensure you have a great experience? Just keep doing what you're doing.

5. 🏒 Do you have a favorite NHL team? If you don’t watch hockey that much, what sports/leagues interest you? My favorite NHL team is the Montreal Canadiens.

6. 🍦To get to know you all a bit better, what is the best ice cream flavor? I think the best flavor is a classic French vanilla.

On 9/19/2021 at 10:00 PM, JB123 said:

SAN DIEGO MARLINS PRESS CONFERENCE

WEEK ENDING SEPTEMBER 19, 2021 (Today) 

80B9B09F-2DE1-453D-BFD4-D5ED80988F1A.jpeg.a8f76563ae8c6aba986b844ff63d3082.jpeg

Answer for 2 Capped TPE 

To Claim: Top right corner of post > three dots > share > copy link > scroll up > update player > claim capped > paste link, 2 TPE, week ending 9/19, press conference 

1. 🏙️ What do you think of the city so far and are you happy to be a Marlin? 

2. :sdm:What do you hope to accomplish this season, as a player and a team? 

3. 🎮 What do you enjoy doing on discord? Any games you’d like to see added? 

4. 😀 What can we do to ensure you have a great experience? 

5. 🏒 Do you have a favorite NHL team? If you don’t watch hockey that much, what sports/leagues interest you? 

6. 🍦To get to know you all a bit better, what is the best ice cream flavor? 

@Johnny_HX@Tyler9992@boatsinking123@Tomat0@Jake Sumner@Silver Warrior

1. I'm loving San Diego and America in general. It's been a wild experience  moving here.

2. I'm hoping to help my team out as best I can and play a good game. That's all I can hope to do.

3. I just like talking with people honestly. I'm not big on any discord games.

4. Just help me out when I ask dumb questions. I have many. Many dumb questions.

5. I don't watch hockey at all. I'm a big NBA fan though.

6. Lemon sorbet, no cap.

• 2 weeks later...

SAN DIEGO MARLINS PRESS CONFERENCE :sdm:
WEEK ENDING OCTOBER 3, 2021

Answer for 2 TPE :) 

1. We currently sit in 5th place in the West. What can we improve upon most? What have we done well?

2. What player has been our 'MVP' thus far this season?

3. Any teams you want to go to in the upcoming VHL draft? 

4. Do you want to play in the VHLE (an intermediate league between the VHLM and VHL) at some point in your career?

5. Favorite genre of music?

6. Thoughts on the upcoming NHL season? Or any other league? 

LET'S GO MARLINS! 

@Johnny_HX @Tyler9992@boatsinking123@Tomat0@Bulduray_1@Jake Sumner@Silver Warrior @Guriinwoodo

1. Obviously it has been less then ideal, a better 2 way game is going to be important to finish strong. We've done a solid job putting the puck in the net. Let's keep it up!

2. Robert Wilk has been great with his fantastic 2 way game!
3. Not really, if i get taken this year at all that would be amazing!

4. Yeah, it would probobly be best if i went to the VHLE before going straight to the VHL.

5. Metal, I'm a huge metal fan.

6. Big Habs fan, might be a pretty big hot take, but I think Suzuki carries us with a 92 point, (37G 55A) season.

1. We currently sit in 5th place in the West. What can we improve upon most? What have we done well? I think that our defensive play should be a bit better. We tend to have high scoring games, which is not ideal. I do think our scoring has been good though.

2. What player has been our 'MVP' thus far this season? Definitely Robert Wilk. He's not too bad at putting pucks in the net.

3. Any teams you want to go to in the upcoming VHL draft? I would be thrilled to go to any of the VHL teams.

4. Do you want to play in the VHLE (an intermediate league between the VHLM and VHL) at some point in your career? I wouldn't want to rule it out. I think it would be good for my development to play in that league.

5. Favorite genre of music? I like pop and funk. I also am in to musical theatre.

6. Thoughts on the upcoming NHL season? Or any other league?  I think that the 2021-2022 NHL season is going to be full of surprises within the standings and player stats. I am also calling it now that there will be at least three blockbuster trades before the deadline.

On 10/1/2021 at 1:28 AM, JB123 said:

1. We currently sit in 5th place in the West. What can we improve upon most? What have we done well?

4. Do you want to play in the VHLE (an intermediate league between the VHLM and VHL) at some point in your career?

1. I feel like our defense has been very weak. We can get our shots in, but we let the opponent score much more in turn.

2. Jyuunya Pureya Oneri Desu has been our sole carry on defense.

3. My dream is playing for the Warsaw Predators! It's my hometown afterall.

4. I don't know really, guess I'll just do what my GMs tell me is best.

5. I'm a sucker for good old Rock'n'Roll

6. Don't watch the NHL unfortunately. Started watching the NFL lately though! It's quite fun.

On 9/30/2021 at 7:28 PM, JB123 said:

WEEK ENDING OCTOBER 3, 2021

Answer for 2 TPE :) 

LET'S GO MARLINS! 

@Johnny_HX @Tyler9992@boatsinking123@Tomat0@Bulduray_1@Jake Sumner@Silver Warrior @Guriinwoodo

1. Our defense has been god awful to say the least, something we need to improve on in the future. Our offense has been somewhat of a bright spot though, we are getting goals, but just allowing too much of them on defense.

2.  Wilk is doing a fantastic job on offense, I hope to see more of his talents in the upcoming future.

3. Moscow! It's Sergey's homeland, it would be great to play in his hometown. Although as long as he gets to play professionally, he is fine with any team.

4. I wouldn't be opposed to it.

5. Hip Hop, Punk and Trap

6. Capitals looking like a mighty fine contender 😉

Week Ending Sunday, October 10, 2021

Answer for 2 TPE! 

1. We were able to sign a defender (Igor Zubov) and a goaltender (Tadhg Byrne) recently. How do you feel about the additions?

2. What would you say is the best part of your game? 

3. What stat totals are you shooting for this season?

4. Best logo in the VHL (can be any league)?

5. Hobbies you have/things you enjoy doing? 

6. Favorite cheese? 

HERE WE GO MARLINS HERE WE GO! :sdm:

@Johnny_HX@Tyler9992@boatsinking123@Tomat0@Bulduray_1@Jake Sumner@Silver Warrior@Russianmenice@Guriinwoodo@teknonym

23 hours ago, JB123 said:

Answer for 2 TPE! 

1. We were able to sign a defender (Igor Zubov) and a goaltender (Tadhg Byrne) recently. How do you feel about the additions?

6. Favorite cheese? 

@Johnny_HX@Tyler9992@boatsinking123@Tomat0@Bulduray_1@Jake Sumner@Silver Warrior@Russianmenice@Guriinwoodo@teknonym

1. Loving the signings to beef up our defense, especially Byrne, we desperately need a goalie. I'm now more confidant we'll be winning a few more games

2. Racking up assists, for some reason that's what Sergey does best.

3. Just scoring points as many points as possible and helping the Marlins in anyway I can

4. MOSCOW! (Although I might be bias)

5. Enjoy Baseball/American Football outside of hockey

6. Meh, I'm not a cheese guy

Edited by Bulduray_1

1. Great signings by JB! We needed a goalie and he came through, and I'll always take help on defence. Hopefully, we can finish strong with a more positive record going forward.

2. Overall point production hasnt been bad for my rookie year.

3. I want to strengthen my physical play, be a bigger presence out there on the ice.

4. Malmo

5. I play curling, and have always had a passion for music and have drummed since i was 4.

6. Parmesan cheese! Goes on just about anything.

22 minutes ago, JB123 said:

Answer for 2 TPE! 

6. Favorite cheese? 

1) As one of those recent additions, it's feeling really good! The defense addition is especially good for me since Byrne benefits from having D-Men in front of him.

2) I'd say the best part of my game is my rebounding and hand speed, since those are the big stats for Byrnesy

3) I'm hoping for a .900sv and a 4GAA, especially with the new defense addition.

4) I'm torn between HC Davos and Halifax's anchor logo, both of them look really nice. Big fan of circular logos, they always look super nice in my opinion.

5) I like reading and drawing comics in my spare time. I'm also an amateur Funko Pop collector. My goal is to own every goalie funko, since I have Lundqvist, Andersen, Fleury, and Roy right now.

6) I'm a massive fan of haloumi cheese. If not for the health implications, I think I would live off of haloumi cheese for the rest of my life.

1. We were able to sign a defender (Igor Zubov) and a goaltender (Tadhg Byrne) recently. How do you feel about the additions? I think the additions are great for us. I think that they will help the team with our attempt to climb the standings.

2. What would you say is the best part of your game? I would say my passing. I am lucky enough to have good goal scorers on my line, but I feel as though I have a good passing ability.

3. What stat totals are you shooting for this season? I am looking to be a point per game player with a plus rating. It is definitely not an easy goal, but I think I can achieve it. 

4. Best logo in the VHL (can be any league)? I really like Mexico City's logo. I think it looks bad ass.

5. Hobbies you have/things you enjoy doing? I enjoy singing and music a lot.

6. Favorite cheese? Probably have to say cheddar cheese.

On 10/7/2021 at 7:52 PM, JB123 said:

Answer for 2 TPE! 

6. Favorite cheese? 

1. I think the additions will be good and help our team. They can't hurt us so I definitely like the signing.

2. I would say that the best part of my game is my passing.

3. I am shooting to get a lot of assists this season and avoid a low +/-.

4. In my opinion the best logo in the VHL is the Mississauga logo.

5. I really enjoy watching hockey, and also talking with friends.

6. My favorite type of cheese is either cheddar or mozzarella.

Edited by IslesWin

On 10/8/2021 at 1:52 AM, JB123 said:

6. Favorite cheese? 

1. Both are great gets for as as we lack severely on defense. Big win.

2. Scoring, clearly. Though I've been slacking at that front lately.

3. Wanna get my shooting back up to how I started. Would be nice to see myself on the leaderboards.

4. Predators baby!

5. I read a lot of SFF books.

6. Uhh Gouda is okay.

On 10/7/2021 at 7:52 PM, JB123 said:

Answer for 2 TPE! 

6. Favorite cheese? 

1. I feel these additions will benefit the team very well and can turn out to help the team in the future.
2. I believe the best part of my game is my physical. I can really bring that aspect to a game.
3. The stat totals I am shooting for this season are: Point per game and Leaderboard for anything.
4. Marlins for sure!
5. I really enjoy watching hockey games.
6. I have to say my favourite cheese is cheddar. I don't really know why.

Week Ending Sunday, October 17, 2021

Answer for 2 TPE! 

1. There’s some new faces in the locker room lately in Jake Lerner, Charles Williams and Nick Sansone. Do you like the locker room more that we have more players? 

2. This week is theme week! This season’s theme is what your player will do in retirement. Anything you’re planning on doing yet? 

3. What have you liked most about your VHL experience so far, and what do you hope to achieve in the league? 

4. What should our goal be the rest of the season? 

5. Hockey season starts in a few days for the NHL! Does your team make the playoffs? How does a player you like do? If you don’t watch hockey too closely, how are things going for another sport you watch? 

6. Apple juice or orange juice? 

Let’s Go Marlins! :sdm:
@Johnny_HX@IslesWin@Nosam_13@boatsinking123@Tipskid97@Tomat0@Bulduray_1@Jake Sumner
@Silver Warrior@Russianmenice @teknonym

15 minutes ago, JB123 said:

Answer for 2 TPE! 

1. There’s some new faces in the locker room lately in Jake Lerner, Charles Williams and Nick Sansone. Do you like the locker room more that we have more players? 

2. This week is theme week! This season’s theme is what your player will do in retirement. Anything you’re planning on doing yet? 

3. What have you liked most about your VHL experience so far, and what do you hope to achieve in the league? 

5. Hockey season starts in a few days for the NHL! Does your team make the playoffs? How does a player you like do? If you don’t watch hockey too closely, how are things going for another sport you watch? 

@Johnny_HX@IslesWin@Nosam_13@boatsinking123@Tipskid97@Tomat0@Bulduray_1@Jake Sumner

1) The growth of the team is always a positive thing! Glad to see new faces around, I haven't been particularly active in the discord, so consider this my hello!

2) I already submitted my PT for theme week. I decided to look at Tadhg's life as a family man trying to grow the game in smaller markets. I think this is a super interesting theme that allows for new players to set some goals and veteran players to have some fun.

3) I've been a big fan of the creative leniency that comes with the league. It gives me a lot of freedom to have a creative outlet when I'm not doing school, which is a major positive! The community is also really cool from what I've seen so far :) I hope to achieve much of what I wrote in my media spot for my player, I think they call that manifesting?

4) Our goal is difficult, because we're not vying for playoff contention. I think the most achievable goal is to have a strong draft and try to rebuild a strong team who can contend!

5) I'm a Ducks fan. The playoffs are a dream that I can only wait another few years for, but the future is bright! Zegras and Drysdale are the future and a few key players (Lindholm, Rakell, Comtois) are looking to hit their stride again. As for my favourite player, John Gibson is probably going to be traded. I've come to peace with it, I just hope he can win a cup somewhere.

6) Apple juice by far, but if I have to have OJ, it's with pulp.

1. There’s some new faces in the locker room lately in Jake Lerner, Charles Williams and Nick Sansone. Do you like the locker room more that we have more players? I love it! Having more people to communicate with is always a good thing.

2. This week is theme week! This season’s theme is what your player will do in retirement. Anything you’re planning on doing yet? I don't have a plan yet, but I have some ideas that I could do.

3. What have you liked most about your VHL experience so far, and what do you hope to achieve in the league? I have had a great time being a part of a team and trying my best to grow as a player. I want to achieve many things, but right now I want to win a championship

4. What should our goal be the rest of the season? I think we should just finish strong and grow as a team. It may be good to collect more draft picks, but I know that we will do well in the future.

5. Hockey season starts in a few days for the NHL! Does your team make the playoffs? How does a player you like do? If you don’t watch hockey too closely, how are things going for another sport you watch? I think my team, Montreal, has a shot at making the playoffs, but only in a wildcard spot. I think that Nick Suzuki will have a great year, earning at least 70 points. 

6. Apple juice or orange juice? Apple juice for sure!

On 10/11/2021 at 10:00 AM, JB123 said:

Answer for 2 TPE! 

1. Love to see it! The more the merrier I say.
2. Mhm, already did a media spot on Sergey's Retirement. Easy TPE.
3. Love the team we have, although we aren't likely to go onto the playoffs, we can sure play spolier and stop others on their way to clinch the playoffs.
4. Just to improve our hockey skills and shine to the best of our ability
5. Yessir, Washington Capitals are going to the playoffs
6. Apple for sure

On 10/11/2021 at 4:00 PM, JB123 said:

There’s some new faces in the locker room lately in Jake Lerner, Charles Williams and Nick Sansone. Do you like the locker room more that we have more players? 

1. Always happy to have new guys in

2. Spending all the time in the world with dogs

3. I like meeting new people and getting to know them

4. winning as many games as we can!

5. NBA is starting, so excited to watch basketball again

6. Orange juice.