EU Semi-Finals, GM 7!: Riga vs. Davos

JardyB10

Well brown slippery poo.

Looks as if my dreams of 8 Continental Cups are dashed. I guess I'll have to settle for 7.

No seriously though... fuck the STHS... also sliders. also The TTC

Good Series Davos. We'll be back and even better next year. Mike: GM of the Year no doubt. 

We ended up with the best offense in the league during the regular season despite only having Taylor/Spud/Guido down the stretch.  I thought bad goaltending in spots or a possible suspect defense would be our downfall never did I expect the offense to fall so flat.  12 Shots and 22 for 1 goal in the last two games.  If it made any less sense it would be as difficult as diving by zero.  Dynamo have a great team don't get me wrong but we went 4-4 vs them in the regular season and they had 4 centers on the roster with wasted TPE on faceoffs (not wasted but it meant we were stronger in other areas).  We matched up well vs them and honestly never thought we'd lose to them as good as they are.  These are the losses that demotivate me and while I'm sure all I need is time to recover I can definitely see my time as GM more in the rearview mirror than in front of me.  Good job for the Dynamo we dont often see repeats so great for them if they win.  I am rooting for Green in Toronto to win a cup though.

We ended up with the best offense in the league during the regular season despite only having Taylor/Spud/Guido down the stretch.  I thought bad goaltending in spots or a possible suspect defense would be our downfall never did I expect the offense to fall so flat.  12 Shots and 22 for 1 goal in the last two games.  If it made any less sense it would be as difficult as diving by zero.  Dynamo have a great team don't get me wrong but we went 4-4 vs them in the regular season and they had 4 centers on the roster with wasted TPE on faceoffs (not wasted but it meant we were stronger in other areas).  We matched up well vs them and honestly never thought we'd lose to them as good as they are.  These are the losses that demotivate me and while I'm sure all I need is time to recover I can definitely see my time as GM more in the rearview mirror than in front of me.  Good job for the Dynamo we dont often see repeats so great for them if they win.  I am rooting for Green in Toronto to win a cup though.

you had more of an offensive game, we had a more defensive game, even though i didn't play well until last two games of the series. sometimes defense wins. good series and you're a good GM. 

Getting married this saturday so it would be a nice wedding gift to let us win the cup

You sonnuvabeetch!

You can't play that karma on us, how horrible would we be to beat you? Unfair.

If you win I'm starting Wayne Wilson.

(congrats btw!)

Onwards, Davos! Time to repeat!

Also incredibly tickled to deny Kendrick again.

Awesome? I don't know you so it doesn't matter.

Awesome? I don't know you so it doesn't matter.

I know you really want to lift a cup, but those brain injuries are catching up to you. Time to hang it up, old man.