BUST OR LICK - S70 DRAFT EDITION

gorlab

Greetings VHL,

Today, I will present a fast and loose S70 draft review, giving my opinion on which draft picks will work out and which draft picks will flip on the GM and become a bust.

I mean no disrespect or ill-offence to anyone in the following commentary. I am fully aware that not everyone is awake @ degen hours, active on the discord, or a villain like myself. I may have never even spoken to you before and am calling you a bust in this article. This is strictly an opinion piece from a notorious sim league villain/scumbag, so do not take any offence if I think you're a bust. Use it as motivation and prove me wrong and link me this article in 8 months and call me an idiot then.

I also pay 0 attention to the VHLM, so if you were very active there and tore shit up, I have literally no clue about it.

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ BUST OR LICK - S70 VHL ENTRY DRAFT ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

1. :cal: Edwin The Encarnacion - I'm really tempted to start this out with a bang and call this pick a bust, but I think the odds are it should be a LICK. I'm thinking there's like a 60% success / 40% fail rate with going with ETE at this position. If CAL didn't have pick 2, I'd be more willing to label this a bust.

2. :cal: Mikko Lahtinen - Probably most secure LICK status of this draft. At the very least will remain active. Probably will put up exciting numbers out of nowhere if recent history is to be considered.

3. :sea: Odin Omdahl - My favourite pick of the draft. Clear LICK status here. The top 3 of this draft I think was very secure in their lick status, with only my personal doubt of tagger clouding any swift judgment of bust.

4. :cal: Jacques Lafontaine - Another simple LICK of a pick here. Don't know too much about this guy, but his saskatoon wild avatar is legendary on VHL imho, which is enough to give him an easy lick status in this article which means nothing.

5. :dav: Chad Magnum - First pick of this draft where I'm debating things heavily. Corco is an old school sim league member, but has plenty of inactivity on his resume. Just for the sake of making this article exciting, and maybe to provide him some motivation to become a success with this player, I'm unfortunately giving Chad Magnum BUST status here.

6. :nya: Iangenere Risteneen - NYA has been good at drafting traditional, and lately, and this could work out as a lick, but for me, Maasa has definitely dropped in activity over the past month, and still does a horrible job at the VHL portal news feed management, in my humble opinion, so I'm forced to give him BUST status. I'd have easily taken Dawson over him and Chad Magnum above.

7. :mal: Lewis Dawson - Notorious sim leaguer who has seemingly turned a new leaf and quietly goes about his business. No way this is a bust. Shouldn't have fell this far in the draft, as he's dependable for activity and has player build knowledge/experience. Malmo hit a LICK with this one.

8.:hel: Jared Spaz - Don't know anything about the player, his history, if he's a new gen or a re-create. Best of luck to him in his career, but my ignorance results in him being a BUST.

9. :dav: Jax Hextall - Hey, this pick lines up with my S70 mock draft from last week! Seems like this guy is the best goalie in the class. I don't know anything about him, and he's unlucky in that he got drafted to a cursed franchise, but it's possible they will need goaltending in the future, and this could solve it for them. As much as I want to call this a bust because it's Davos, for some reason I think this guy will succeed (probably away from Davos though).  So we got a late-round LICK here.

10. :tor: Justin Graves - I've made up the rumour that this guy is STZ's brother, but besides that, I really have no reason to consider him a lick. Hopefully he uses this snub as motivation and makes it to the very top one day. BUST.

11. :hel: Kyle Andersen - Don't know anything about him. Looks like he's only earned 4 capped tpe in 3 of the last 4 weeks. Clearly a BUST

12. :dav: Shawn Glade Jr. - BUST as a GM. BUST as a draft pick. Probably will be a lick if he doesn't RQ the VHL after being fired, but if I was a VHL GM and I could pick myself with my THIRD 1st rounder of the draft, instead of being forced to use my FIRST first rounder, it definitely should be a lick all day long. 

Thanks for reading and good luck to all the draftees in their VHL careers!

1 hour ago, GustavMattias said:

Hopefully someone will get it

main-qimg-aea457a225a7423294b738f9e0f3cc

Nope still don’t get it I don’t speak Dots and lines even google translate won’t get it

Edited by Nothing but goals

• 1 year later...
On 1/19/2020 at 7:33 PM, gorlab said:

Odin Omdahl - My favourite pick of the draft. Clear LICK status here.

would you say I've had a lick-worthy career? at least for what I'll consider my first player. 

https://vhlportal.com/players/playerfocus/2296