Miami Marauders Press Conference

bigAL

1. It was frustrating, but it is the exact game we needed to wake ourselves up. We can't be sleeping against top teams. We gotta have our best game ready every night.

2. I might do a few graphics or a media spot.

3. I don't see any weaknesses on this team, but I'll leave the moving to management.

4. I would probably choose super-speed.

5. I always go off the ice last and tape my sticks right before warmups.

6. I think we'll do good. We aren't too far behind the pack and if we get rolling, we'll be okay. We have to not sleep on any opponents. Even lower ranked teams can still be dangerous, so we have to be prepared for anything.

1.  Miami was recently blown out by the Houston Bulls 7-2. What did you take away from that game and how will we play better down the stretch?

King: “We got outshot 72-35 over the last two meetings with Houston. Fact is we gotta be better. It’s gotta come from the lockeroom. Management, Coaching, they’ve changed lines, they’ve moved pieces, it’s gotta come from us. I know I’m not happy with how my play has been going, it’s been a big topic all season for me and within this organization. Right now, we’re in a slump as a team, and that kills me because I know I could be doing more.”

2. This week is VHL Theme Week! What do you plan to do to get the bonus 6 uncapped TPE?

Moose: I just wrote an article I would love everyone to take a look at:

3. Next Monday is the Trade Deadline. Which players or what positions do you think we should take a look at?

King: “Tough to say really. We have a surplus on offense which doesn’t seem to be clicking that well. At the risk of throwing myself on the plank, I think we need to look at changing out a scorer for someone with more playmaking. We have great players on this squad, another passer could really add depth though.”

4. If you could choose any superpower to use for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?

King: “Improbability Manipulation.”

5. Do you have any pre-game rituals?

King: “I think my stick use is well documented. If I’m struggling to score, I’ll change it up. Otherwise, just the meditation while I wrap the tape, or guards for my ankles, I haven’t really settled into a pure routine since coming into the league.”

6. How do you think we will perform in our games leading up until the playoffs? What do you think we have to do to take our game to the next level?

King: “I think we’ll rebound. Good teams always hit this slump period, It’s almost a blessing it’s now and not in the playoffs. We just gotta play our game and we’ll be right back atop the standings.”

Edited by IamMOOSE

1. We got the situtation of that sorted out, i loved how well we worked to solve the problem.

2. I cannot do it 

My future player is a mystery . . . 

3. Defense or a sniper

4. Extremely acrobratic can climb walls, jump from building to building like nothing 

5. Bacon 

6. Great as long as we stay as a community and as brethren.

1. Hoping for better play from the defense.

2. Not sure yet.

3. Just generally add depth to the lineup.

4. Time Travel to warn myself of future mistakes.

5. Just some good stretches.

6. We'll do good as long as the defense holds up.

1.  Miami was recently blown out by the Houston Bulls 7-2. What did you take away from that game and how will we play better down the stretch?

2. This week is VHL Theme Week! What do you plan to do to get the bonus 6 uncapped TPE?

3. Next Monday is the Trade Deadline. Which players or what positions do you think we should take a look at?

4. If you could choose any superpower to use for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?

6. How do you think we will perform in our games leading up until the playoffs? What do you think we have to do to take our game to the next level?

1. Both Miami and Houston are playing really offensively because of our lineups. I think if we put more emphasis on defense for the next time we play them, we'd have a better chance at keeping them out of the net. 

2.  lol I don't (sorry)

3. If anybody, probably folks that'll serve Miami well for next season. 

4. You know Violet from The Incredibles? Yeah, that.

5. I'm always sure to check and make sure the stars are in our favor!!

6. Again, I think if we put more emphasis on defense, I think it'd show some really great results. Our lineup is high in TPE, so if we look more at defending the net rather than just trying to out score everyone, we might be able to keep up. Most of the folks on the team have committed quite a bit of TPE to DF, so I definitely think it's possible. 

1.  Miami was recently blown out by the Houston Bulls 7-2. What did you take away from that game and how will we play better down the stretch? Think of some kinda strategy that no one has seen before 

2. This week is VHL Theme Week! What do you plan to do to get the bonus 6 uncapped TPE? Not sure 

3. Next Monday is the Trade Deadline. Which players or what positions do you think we should take a look at? Draft picks 

4. If you could choose any superpower to use for the rest of your life, which one would you choose? Deadpool funny character

5. Do you have any pre-game rituals? Not really 

6. How do you think we will perform in our games leading up until the playoffs? What do you think we have to do to take our game to the next level? Work hard 

20 hours ago, PatrikLaine said:

:mia:MIAMI MARAUDERS PRESS CONFERENCE:mia:

Week Ending 8/16

1). We just need to keep our heads on straight and play our game. We had a hot streak early, so the potential is there. Just gotta keep working at it.
2). Create a graphic and description for my future prospect, Alex Moran.
3). We have plenty of talent, I think what we may want to do is offload a forward to get Miami a solid draft pick for next season. It would keep the team competitive next season if they can net a high talent in the next draft.
4). Mind reading. That or time travel.
5). I'll put on my lower half of my gear, step out and stand by the boards near the ice and tape my stick.
6). I think we may struggle for a little bit more, lot's of good teams to face. But I think if we maintain our TPE earnings and really get our chemistry going we will start winning again.

Playing better defensively and conservating my stamina better when I am on the bench.

A Graphic on my future player.

Run with 4 d-mens and 7 forwards.

Go back in time.

I pray before games.

I hope we can get together and score more points and still play good defensively.

I think we just ran into a tough team on a hot streak. I don't think major changes are needed; we just need to play our game and keep our heads. What counts is playoff time!

I honestly don't have the bandwidth to do it this time. But I did write up a small piece on the Miami-Minnesota rivalry, by the basics.

I really think we have a good thing going. Maybe a backup goalie in case we're required to use them more?

Mind reading, but the selective kind (I don't want to be tortured with all of your thoughts!)

Probably prayer, for focus and concentration. Oh, and a healthy snack and plenty of water. Let's get that hydration going!

I think we will finish well, probably just behind or with Houston. We will then hit a hot streak and Bacon will be stopping everyone. It's on!

1.  Miami was recently blown out by the Houston Bulls 7-2. What did you take away from that game and how will we play better down the stretch? They got lucky, we will come back after this loss. We won't play in stretch. 

2. This week is VHL Theme Week! What do you plan to do to get the bonus 6 uncapped TPE? Write a media spot about my next player.

3. Next Monday is the Trade Deadline. Which players or what positions do you think we should take a look at? I don't have to say anything about this. My GM knows everything.

4. If you could choose any superpower to use for the rest of your life, which one would you choose? I would kill all simps.

5. Do you have any pre-game rituals? No, I usually am late to the game.

6. How do you think we will perform in our games leading up until the playoffs? What do you think we have to do to take our game to the next level? We will be undefeated. Byrne was the key. 

Miami Presser: TRADE DEADLINE EDITION

1. Management has been busy this year, drafting tons of active players and trading players in and out of the organization. Which Miami trade made this season do you think was the best for our franchise?

2. Last year, we had a pretty quiet TDL because we were hot and didn't want to mess with chemistry. In the midst of another ? HOT ? season, should we be looking to tinker with the lineup?

3. No team in the VHLM is perfect (but damn we're close) - what do you see as Miami's biggest need that can be addressed at a Trade Deadline?

4. Start a VHLM Trade Deadline Rumour.

5. If you were traded this week, which team would you want to be traded to?

6. If you weren't traded this week, you're stuck with Miami for the rest of the season. Where do you see us finishing now that we've (bolstered our team / stayed pat) at the deadline?

1 hour ago, bigAL said:

1. Management has been busy this year, drafting tons of active players and trading players in and out of the organization. Which Miami trade made this season do you think was the best for our franchise?

2. Last year, we had a pretty quiet TDL because we were hot and didn't want to mess with chemistry. In the midst of another ? HOT ? season, should we be looking to tinker with the lineup?

3. No team in the VHLM is perfect (but damn we're close) - what do you see as Miami's biggest need that can be addressed at a Trade Deadline?

6. If you weren't traded this week, you're stuck with Miami for the rest of the season. Where do you see us finishing now that we've (bolstered our team / stayed pat) at the deadline?

1. I think getting Wakaro and Rust helped the team a lot. Making them even stronger contenders for the cup!

2. I think we have solid lineup rn. Wouldent change a thing

3. Hmm. I think getting 1 or 2 forwards

4. Miami is rebuilding

5. Mexcio

6. Cup winners. No question

Patrik Laine will now be answering questions:

1) I think it was the trade to get rid of Eoin Byrne, but not for the reason you think. We already have almost 5 capped defensemen so sending Byrne to Yukon would give him more ice time in a bigger role. I think that was the best for him and I do miss him being around the locker room.

2) I think the lineup is good as is. We got a solid top 6 in Laine, Lamb, LeBastard, King, Thornton and Sens. We also have a pair of solid wingers outside of the top 6 in Willis and Rocket. Defensively, we have the best top 4 in the league with Socks, Grachev, Rust and Stansson. Along with Wakaro who slots in there. Bacon has been great in net this year. I don't feel we need to make any moves but if management feels differently, then we should.

3) I don't see a huge need, we just need to play our best hockey down the stretch into the playoffs.

4) VHLM TRADE RUMOURS: Laine heading back to Houston: Patrik Laine may be heading back to Houston as there is word going around the league that Miami and Houston have been talking. The supposed deal is Laine to Houston for HOU's 1st and Leo Strauss. It will be interesting to see if the teams confirm the deal before the deadline.

5) Probably Houston but not for the reason you expect. Sure, you can easily pin it on the fact that they are one of the best teams in the league, but I have a few friends in the locker room there and I've played there before.

6) I would love to see us make a cup run.

King: “I was sad to see Byrne go. I’m happy he’s doing well. I know we seem to be clicking and that’s good. As a player it’s hard to pinpoint a particular trade that you like, for me I just stick to what I can control.”

King: “Again, I think it’s difficult to speculate. Right now we’re on fire, another playmaker/passer could put us over the edge, otherwise I think you roll with what you got.”

King: “Internally guys like myself just need to step up. Laine is heating up again, Thornton is solid, Sens, and of course Socks is a monster out there. Lamb cooled on us but I think him and I can get the meter running and we’ll step up when it becomes a necessity.

King: “Kevin King has been quietly shopped around but the return isn’t enough to make a move.”

King: “Vegas. Easily, I’d love to go back there. I think they have a good squad and I’d fit into that lineup well. Other than that, possibly Saskatoon maybe San Diego if the return value was right. I’m happy in Miami, even with the struggles this season.”

King: *laughs* “I wouldn’t say stuck. I think we have a great cup contending squad. We have the pieces to go all the way and at this point any other finish is failure. I think we end up in the top 3 and beyond that, I think my play has to catch up to the work at some point, hopefully as we go into the postseason.”

1. Trading Juulita because it allowed us to clear out some depth for draft picks.

2. Depends on how the lines do each game

3. Maybe a move on defense to help out Bacon.

4. "THE BEST TEAM IN THE M IS BLOWING IT UP. EVERYTHING FOR DRAFT PICKS."

5. Honestly, I'm fine being traded to a bad team if it means I get top line minutes.

6. Probably #2 at best and #6 at worst.

1. Management has been busy this year, drafting tons of active players and trading players in and out of the organization. Which Miami trade made this season do you think was the best for our franchise?
I’m not sure I’m sure they were good trades .
2. Last year, we had a pretty quiet TDL because we were hot and didn't want to mess with chemistry. In the midst of another ? HOT ? season, should we be looking to tinker with the lineup?  No not at all we are doing amazing leave them .

3. No team in the VHLM is perfect (but damn we're close) - what do you see as Miami's biggest need that can be addressed at a Trade Deadline?

I’m not sure 

4. Start a VHLM Trade Deadline Rumour.

Our whole team got traded lol 

5. If you were traded this week, which team would you want to be traded to? Houston I played there before

6. If you weren't traded this week, you're stuck with Miami for the rest of the season. Where do you see us finishing now that we've (bolstered our team / stayed pat) at the deadline? Keep up the hard work we will see .

22 hours ago, bigAL said:

1. l'm a shitty teammate and don't pay attention to this stuff lol 

2. idk what a TDL is and I'm too lazy to ask. Should we be messing with the lineup? Maybe. We've found some hot combinations, and I think we have some good options. 

3. I don't really know what this question is asking but go Marauders I guess

4. Miami is trading their entire team

5. Vegas Vegas Vegas

6. Kinda depends on lineups and how we decide to play the game. I'd really like to see us lean more into defense on the penalty kill. 

On 8/16/2020 at 11:53 AM, bigAL said:

1). The Juulita trade, cleared some roster room, moved them to a location to score more, and gave Miami some picks.

2). Just find what has been working well all season and keep that going.

3). Work on improving our special teams in a way, it seems that those are our only true weakness (if you can even call it that).

4). Miami offloads a package deal of 1 defenseman and a winger to get a 1st round for next year and more picks.

5). Oof that's a tough one. I think honestly Philadelphia, I had a good time with the reapers and wouldn't mind going back there if I was traded.

6). We could feasibly win it all, or at least make it to the finals.

1. Management has been busy this year, drafting tons of active players and trading players in and out of the organization. Which Miami trade made this season do you think was the best for our franchise? Byrne trade. I don't know why.

2. Last year, we had a pretty quiet TDL because we were hot and didn't want to mess with chemistry. In the midst of another ? HOT ? season, should we be looking to tinker with the lineup? No, we shouldn't.

3. No team in the VHLM is perfect (but damn we're close) - what do you see as Miami's biggest need that can be addressed at a Trade Deadline?  We should have traded Dakota Lamb, so we could have some more playing time for me.

4. Start a VHLM Trade Deadline Rumour. I won't, sorry, trade deadline is over.

5. If you were traded this week, which team would you want to be traded to? I would want to get traded to VHL.

6. If you weren't traded this week, you're stuck with Miami for the rest of the season. Where do you see us finishing now that we've (bolstered our team / stayed pat) at the deadline? I would say that we are losing R1.

? It's the most wonderful time of the year ?PLAYOFF HYPE IS HERE!

*as always, don't forget to click the underlined hyperlinks for more information where needed

1. Holy moly, we've got three games left at time of publishing, and we've got a 5 point lead for the Prime Minister's Cup. What was the biggest factor in our league-leading regular season?

2. Along with the end of the regular season comes the end of regular season awards eligibility. Which award do you want to be considered for, and why?

3. If you aren't planning on winning any awards, nominate someone from our team for an individual award.

4. There's a significant gap between the 7th and 8th place teams. With the PM's Cup, we'll draw #8 Philadelphia Reapers. What's the key to winning a series with Philly?

5. Philly has a historically elite goalie having a historically elite VHLM season. How the heck do we solve John Poremba?

6. How will you reset after the regular season to prepare yourself for a long playoff run?

Players:

Patrik Laine will now be stepping up to the mic to answer questions prior to the end of the regular season.

1) We just played good down the stretch and even when things weren't going our way we stayed calm and knew we would bounce back.

2) I want to be considered for the Mat Bentz Trophy (Awarded to the best Two-Way Forward) because even though I wasn't a league leader offensively, my defensive play was good all year.

3) Ricer for GMOTY, Lamb for MVP,  Bacon for GOTY, Socks for DOTY

4) We gotta get quality shots. Poremba is the reason they are even here. We vastly outplay Philly in every department except for goaltending. We just gotta wear them down game after game and play physical. We gotta take Poremba out of it because if he is in the zone, we will not win this series.

5) Force them to take penalties. Our power play has been great with Me and Socks having those one-timer shots. I can even rip mine at even strength. Just gotta get pucks on net but with quality over quantity. Wearing down their defense will open up more opportunities.

6) I've never been in the playoffs before, but I'll take a day to reset and come back strong. The World Juniors was a good indicator for me for how the playoffs would feel and I played good in that environment so hopefully things go just as well.

1. Good performances on offense and defense.

2. Honestly, I don't feel like my performance was award worthy.

3. Probably Laine for OPOY.

4. Great performances from the entire roster might do the trick.

5. Give him no mercy. 

6. I'll probably switch midsets to be supportive of my teammates.

2 hours ago, bigAL said:

? It's the most wonderful time of the year ?PLAYOFF HYPE IS HERE!

*as always, don't forget to click the underlined hyperlinks for more information where needed

1. Holy moly, we've got three games left at time of publishing, and we've got a 5 point lead for the Prime Minister's Cup. What was the biggest factor in our league-leading regular season?

2. Along with the end of the regular season comes the end of regular season awards eligibility. Which award do you want to be considered for, and why?

3. If you aren't planning on winning any awards, nominate someone from our team for an individual award.

4. There's a significant gap between the 7th and 8th place teams. With the PM's Cup, we'll draw #8 Philadelphia Reapers. What's the key to winning a series with Philly?

5. Philly has a historically elite goalie having a historically elite VHLM season. How the heck do we solve John Poremba?

6. How will you reset after the regular season to prepare yourself for a long playoff run?

Players:

1. Lovely people who made vhl fun, my teammates! All of them

2. Just give me bacon and that all i need(the goty award would be nice though) 

3. I believe laine should and dlamb 

4. The key i think is defense, but i know we can do it. 

5. Defense and Power plays. 

6.  Bacon and just building chemistry with my mates.

1. Holy moly, we've got three games left at time of publishing, and we've got a 5 point lead for the Prime Minister's Cup. What was the biggest factor in our league-leading regular season?

Honestly being stacked virtually everywhere has done it. I know we've had some ups-and-downs, but this is not a surprise!

2. Along with the end of the regular season comes the end of regular season awards eligibility. Which award do you want to be considered for, and why?

I would love DOTY, but don't think I am the best person, not even on our own team!

3. If you aren't planning on winning any awards, nominate someone from our team for an individual award.

Matty Socks for DOTY

4. There's a significant gap between the 7th and 8th place teams. With the PM's Cup, we'll draw #8 Philadelphia Reapers. What's the key to winning a series with Philly?

Showing up. lol jk! Take nothing for granted. Honestly, it's going to be special teams. We capitalize on the power-play, we'll win.

5. Philly has a historically elite goalie having a historically elite VHLM season. How the heck do we solve John Poremba?

In this case, I actually think taking fewer shots, but better quality, is a better strategy than throwing whatever at the net.

Get some more sleep! And watch the NHL's Stanley Cup playoffs. :)

1. Holy moly, we've got three games left at time of publishing, and we've got a 5 point lead for the Prime Minister's Cup. What was the biggest factor in our league-leading regular season? Great team play and working hard to improve as a team.

2. Along with the end of the regular season comes the end of regular season awards eligibility. Which award do you want to be considered for, and why?

I’m not sure whole team should get a award instead of on person cause it’s a team 

3. If you aren't planning on winning any awards, nominate someone from our team for an individual award. Bacon good player 

4. There's a significant gap between the 7th and 8th place teams. With the PM's Cup, we'll draw #8 Philadelphia Reapers. What's the key to winning a series with Philly? Team work go hard or go home 

5. Philly has a historically elite goalie having a historically elite VHLM season. How the heck do we solve John Poremba? Hard shots 

6. How will you reset after the regular season to prepare yourself for a long playoff run? Meditate