Episode 2: A Sit With Tit on VHSC

Sit_With_Tit.png.2c52d78dd0548528a4d11c1fbdf7a20f.png

Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the second ever episode of A Sit with Tit with me your host @BigTittySmitty. Last week we looked at a general overview of things with the draft where I see them. Just remember the following when it comes to scouting reports and mock drafts. I am only one voice and these are my opinions. What I say is not the be all and end all of what will actually happen. In the last draft we had Kamenov who was projected to go well into the second round but as we reflect on seasons past, he was drafted in the first round with the eight-overall pick. But you all must be asking yourselves…  “Kamenov is your player, why are you shamelessly plugging him here?” Honestly, it’s not a shameless plug but it is a reflection of how just because an expert who looks at cold data and tries to put it into my brain of a calculator. I may not get it right, when that draft happened and the same popped up on the board. Everyone including myself laughed at it, so never fully take to heart what my mock may be. What my scouting report may be of you. Remember, these are my opinions that some stupid idiot thought it was a great idea to give me a voice that got paid to express my opinion.

This episode and many other episodes in the future I did discuss I wanted to bring some of the players onto the show and start getting to know them. Simple questions as the goal was to then have a full-on interview process with each prospect so you may see the questions get similar. Reason for that is we at A Sit with Tit want to focus on so many of our future talents that we cannot go so crazy in depth with an interview. This then allows the General Managers of the league to conduct their own interviews at will and not be lazy and just use my interviews and my personal scouting reports. Now that I bored you all half to death introducing today’s show. We need to bring out our very first guest on A Sit with Tit. That is non other than Jeffrey Pines. When I first thought of bringing @roryonto the show to highlight Jeffrey Pines as someone I got to know pretty well in the Mexico City Kings locker room these past few seasons. The goal was to highlight him among those who have created new players and due to league rules had surpassed him for time spent in the gym even though it was not Pines’ fault.

I have been advised we need to get to a commercial break so as soon as we come back. We will have Jeffrey Pines with us. We’ll be right back.

image.png.f9c915dd76f0c0d0cda04bb4b8cbaaed.png

BTS: Sorry about the delay there I know you are very excited to get this interview going. Now, a few weeks later a lot has changed for my first guest Jeffrey Pines through telecast. Ladies and gentlemen please welcome Jeffrey Pines to the show.

Rory: Thanks for having me Big Titt. Glad to be on as your first guest

BTS: Glad to have you my friend. It’s been huge watching you progress here during your short tenure here with the VHL and making an impact on the VHLM in only a few months. Rory has gone onto apply for the Mississauga Hounds Assistant General Manager’s position beating out what rumor has some impressive competition. First of all, congratulations on the new job. I hear your team mates in Mexico are giving you a hard time about it. Before we talk about Pines the player you represent, I want to hear about your account of the hiring process and what it means to you to be an AGM of such an organization so young into your VHL career.

Rory: I don't wanna answer this, *Rory laughs nervously while the camera focused on him* Cole just faxed over my papers and a couriered me my office key after he announced it.

BTS: So, it was just here once you received the call and package... here you got the job?

Rory: Yeah…. Ha ha ha ha

BTS: But my man, I want to know what it means to you with such a young career representing talent who as we touched going into this upcoming draft. What does it mean to you to be selected as an AGM of this squad? That has to help your client potentially get drafted higher, right?

Rory: It's fantastic to join a locker room with such a winning culture. Lots of good people in that locker room, @FrostBeard, @MexicanCow123, @GustavMattias, and of course our wonderful GM @ColeMrtz. Great group of guys that will definitely help grow me and my clients career

BTS: A week ago when I released my mock draft I placed you at 5th overall with the potential to even go higher then, however at the same time I questions your clients abilities because he is small and not sure if Pines was benefiting with playing with Hylands being a skeptic of your client but giving you praise on your work as an agent. What do you think about comments like this and what would you tell GMs when they look at footage of Pines and what you as Rory bring to the table for the respective organization that may bring you to a player interview?

Rory: When you look at players like Pines - short and active, it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to get to the same level as players with size advantages. I think the game is moving away from the big and slow era and more into the modern era dominated by quick, agile players. On Hylands skepticism, we've worked hard with both @Motzaburger, @Hylands33, and the coaching staff to determine where Pines fit into the Mexico City line-up, and if that means him working on his passing game more then his scoring ability, that's fine by us. We're determined to fit into any organizations mold and show them why the hype around Jeffrey is real. In an early press conference, he's stated that he'll make any GM that passes on him regret it, and I believe he's making his impact be shown. We'll see if he can continue it into the VHL draft.

BTS: Speaking of GMs that may pass, I know a lot of them will be asking about you. We talked about you individually about the AGM role and how the impacts you. We also discussed what Pines brings to the table as well. However, those GM’s want to know this tough question. What do you bring to the table that will make a GM want to draft you individually to their organization?

Rory: Quite the philosophical question, haha. *long awkward pause by Rory* I think I'm a generally likeable guy. Lots of people coming in and out of the Mexico City locker room, and I feel my associates and I do a good job of making people feel welcomed, and inviting them beside our metaphorical campfire. Can't wait to join a VHL roster and be invited to their campfire.

BTS: Well, here on A Sit with Tit. We don't just run with just simple questions that anyone can easily think of a response in two seconds flat normally. We want to get the world of VHL and the VHSC community to learn more about you. It's why we press hard making sure we get good answers for our fans. But since you were an amazing sport today, I want to ask you one more question. An easy one, which VHL team would you like to join and why?

Rory: I wouldn't exactly call that an easy one. No teams have formally reached out yet and we'll have to wait to see how everyone presents themselves to me. Based solely on what we know right now, I'd like to follow Kamenov and Hylands to Malmo.

BTS: Well my friend, I know we have been talking a storm for quite a while and we have other guests I honestly need to get to. My producer is yelling at me to move onto the next guest. We here at A Sit with Tit would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule as you prepare for your duties with Mississauga and the upcoming VHL draft. Thanks for being on the show.

Rory: Thanks for having me, Tit. Great to be here.

BTS: I am being advised we now need to head to a commercial break... we will be right back with our next guest Patrik Laine.

image.png.e91f931cc979435356cee36f9f7a770b.png

BTS: Next up we made some changes to our schedules and have brought in a newcomer who was oh so eager to join us here on A Sit with Tit. I am so proud to announce our next guest is none other than @PatrikLaine (player and agent the same name). Thank you for coming on the show.

PL : Thanks for letting me come on the set of a show as good as yours.

BTS: From the get go you sparked an interest in me that I wanted to reach out but at the time I had plans but now plans have changed obviously and going to make some changes on how we bring our guests out in what order and what week. I wanted to bring you out as I mentioned you were so excited to be here practically begging to be on the show. With being so new, and sadly I don’t have a lot of inside dirt on you. I want you to tell the audience at home something about yourself. When I scout out players, I look at footage, I look at stats, those things do not bring out the intangibles which is who you really are. So, for the folks at home... tell the VHSC community who is watching the show all about yourself.

PL: Well, I’m Patrik Laine. I’m 18 years old and I’m from Finland. I’m currently playing for the Houston Bulls of the VHLM. My play style I would say is a sniper. I have a very well rounded skill set but my best asset is my shot. I can score from all areas of the ice. I don’t mind the media attention that I know will come if I make it to the VHL but I would just give the people at home what they want. I also love to sign sticks and give picks to fans and help make special memories with them.

BTS: I hate to do this but our producers are telling me we need to cut to a commercial break. We will be right back where we left off.

BTS: Sorry about that folks, we are back now with Patrik Laine as we continue with our interview.

PL: That's alright I understand the business. Just glad I am finally on the show.

BTS: You mentioned the Houston Bulls and I am so grateful you mentioned them as to be honest. This is what made me raise my eyebrow and started to question this decision. You were approached by Philadelphia, Mexico City, Yukon, Mississauga, Miami, but in the end, you decided on signing with Houston. I simply have one question. It is nothing against the Houston Bulls but with championship caliber teams offering you a chance at a glory why did you sign with the Bulls?

PL: I thought about it a bit and trust me I gave it a lot of thought. If I were on those teams I would probably be playing 3rd or 2nd line which isn’t bad but Houston offered me a 1st line spot which sparked my interest right away. I was talking to some of the VHLM experts and they told me that Houston’s GM @Sonnet was an expert at getting the most of his players and setting them up for success. Also I thought with Houston cleaning house (most out of his players) it would give me the best opportunity to make some friendships. I knew we weren’t going to win a lot but it was a sacrifice I was willing to make if it helps me and the organization out so it was an easy choice for me to sign there looking back on it.

BTS: You spoke of friendships and in a league where VHL is. As I have made comment if you had read my opening mock draft and when you listen in when I introduce this episode that time spent in gym is not necessarily the be all and end all when it comes to scouting. Teams look at the human side of you. With many of the VHL teams rebuilding and unlike your current VHLM season where you join a rebuilding team. Next season you could join a contender with a solid draft pick. With so many teams in the VHL declaring interest in rebuilding through the draft and trading massive established assets for future picks and prospects. How do you feel about going to a VHL team that is in a rebuild, would that entertain you?

PL: I wouldn’t mind going to a rebuilder. Going anywhere would be nice and if I go to a rebuilder I will have other young players to share the journey with so it would be fun.

BTS: With the changes to the show and our guest order... You are the second guest on the show after fellow forward prospect Jeffrey Pines aka Rory. He recently became an AGM for the Mississauga Hounds. Let's break the 4th wall of the VHL and I want to know, when it comes to the agent the man guiding Laine's career. What can General Managers expect to see? Will you try to get a league job to pay for the extra fancy time with the exclusive trainers or will you just try to do your thing?

PL: Well, I’ve told my agents not to be too tough on contract negotiations with GMs. I know my going rate will fluctuate but I’m willing to take a bit of a cap hit to help our teams win. In terms of a league job, I would love to do some reporting and scouting. I’ve always been into that sort of thing so it would be really cool. I will still do my own thing out on the ice and off the ice though.

BTS: That is amazing to hear and I can tell you first hand that you should never count yourself out when it comes to a league job. I mentioned in my introduction to this episode that I accidentally lucked out and got noticed and the league gave me this job because of the things they saw you can do. I want to remind everyone that no matter what. Good days or bad days. . . you are always being watched and you just never know when someone will light up loving you and what you are doing or a bad day and you snap at someone. Do not forget to make the most out of your opportunities. Just like you did here today. We talked about a few things that opened the eyes for General Managers to get to know you. The big question I bet they are asking and wanting to know. What VHL team do you actually want to go to?

PL: I would play for any VHL team but if I had to choose a single team, I would want to play for Helsinki. Growing up in Finland, they were the team I watched and I would be in close proximity to my friends and family so it would be cool to play there.

BTS: I hope your dreams can come true and Helsinki is able to get you back home so you don't have to miss any home cooked meals. With that said, I know it just seems like we got started but it sadly appears our time is up and our next guest is itching to come out on the show. I want to thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to join us here. I once again would like to wish you the best of luck in this season and your respected VHLM and VHL drafts.

PL: It was a pleasure to do an interview with you. Hopefully I’ll be doing one at the VHL level one day. Best of luck with the remaining interviews.

BTS: Up next we have Rick Osman who will be joining us. Rick is currently playing for the Halifax 21st and is eligible for this upcoming VHL Draft. Before we get Rick on the show, I am being advised we need to get everything setup so we will be throwing it to a commercial break. 

image.png.485962fe62ed198e5d39cf897bcfa7f9.png

BTS: Thank you for coming on the show

Osman: I guess thanks is in order… I thought this whole episode was going to be dedicated to me

BTS: Well, I am sorry you thought that but due to changes our broadcast team made we had to include some other prospects in as we get so little time with each and everyone of you we want to give the large draft class a chance to speak to the masses. With that said, the audience at home wants to know about Rick Osman. What are your hopes and dreams?

Osman: Okay here is some information. rick osman aka lil dicky is very tall. he hopes to follow in the footsteps of legendary defenseman Alex Armstrong and hopefully win an award or a cup or both.

BTS: Yeah folks, I can see it too... someone is very cranky today. Which is why we are going to try to ask one more question and hopefully Osman gets a nap. So last question, is there a team you would like to be drafted to in the VHL?

Osman: I don’t have a vhl team in mind because I do not know any.

BTS: I guess we will just leave it there with our interview with Osman. With that we will throw it to a commercial break.

Well there we have it folks, we had some amazing guests in Jeffrey Pines and Patrik Laine who we are so pleased they decided to join us on the show. Then we also had sadly in my opinion a spoiled brat in Rick Osman who wanted his own show dedicated to himself. Sadly, things change in the world of media and producer and ownership mandates get adjusted so changes have to be made.

When it comes to Jeffrey Pines, I honestly believe he is one of the next great things as long as he keeps putting in the effort, he has shown us in his second season with the Mexico City Kings. He is someone to look forward watching his play grow and develop.

Laine was a great interview today and he too I hope for great things. He may not have the same draft hype as Pines does but at this moment if a General Manager is looking for someone who could potentially slide a bit in the draft. This is someone I would scoop up right away. That’s my take on him.

When it comes to Osman, my opinion... stay away. Do you really want a character like this on your team that thinks the world revolves around him? We thought we could salvage something trying to press him to open up. We really did but sadly he wouldn’t budge. Expecting all this about him with so little to say. In all honesty. If I were a GM I would take him off my board this instance. Like I said before, what you say and when you say it can make or break you in someone’s eyes quite frankly and hurt your chances.

That’s been today’s episode of A Sit with Tit, we once again what to thank our guests for joining us. So, with that in closing remember don’t be a bunch of jerks…. have a Sit with Tit.

Special thanks goes out to Snussu for making the cover for "A Sit with Tit" 

Spoiler

@dylanjj37

image.png

image.png

Edited by BigTittySmitty

Just now, Beaviss said:

Man that was a read and damn it was good!

@Devise this man puts your wall of texts to shame.

Hey I broke it up in different ways to give a break. Sometimes walls of text are needed to tell the story.  Go watch the sets of commercials. I gave you all breaks if you watched them 

Just now, BigTittySmitty said:

Hey I broke it up in different ways to give a break. Sometimes walls of text are needed to tell the story.  Go watch the sets of commercials. I gave you all breaks if you watched them 

Im not complaining at all. It makes me want more lol.

7 minutes ago, GrittyIsKing09 said:

Is this only for undrafted players?

The goal of the VHSC team is to highly those in upcoming drafts (VHL/VHLM) with a small team at the beginning I would like to focus on those looking towards future drafts. As our goal is to try to do what we can add to retaining new members / existing members to give them something exciting to look forward to. 

However, if our mandate changes, or there are other factors that can make our mandate change or our team grows so we can spread the wealth a little better over the team for pieces. Then I would never say no. It can also add other elements to the show as well. As something so new I am always open to evolution and changes if it helps the league.