Warsaw Predators Press Conference

Da_Berr

Does your player have a nickname? If not, make one up! :D (and why)

Bogdan has one -  bodya but that's not so popular with his teammates

2. The NHL playoffs are under way! Name your cup prediction, and if it's any different, the team your heart wants most to hoist Lord Stanley's Mug.

St. Louis

3. Is there a specific forum thread that is your favourite to read? 

I like reading VSN articles. I am keen on this stuff. 

4. With the NHL draft lottery happening in just under a week, who do you think will earn the #1 Overall pick, and who do you think that team will pick?

I won't be so self-evident so my choice is Ducks

5. If you could change Warsaw's nickname, while keeping the same location and logo, what would you choose? If I'm being honest, I love the logo, and being in Warsaw, just not over the moon with "Predators".

Warriors? 

6. Is there a TV show you have been binging lately? I just started Better Call Saul (never seen it before) and am really enjoying it. 

To be honest i am not really into tv shows cause I have no enough leisure time

1. Lefty because I’m left handed.   Also, Scurvy because I injured my eye once and had to wear an eye patch for 3 weeks.  

2. I’d like to see Edmonton win it all. 

3. Media spots I guess 

4. I think Montreal will win lotto and draft Shane Wright.  Dude is a stud. 

5. I’d like Warsaw Warriors (WW).  Might be tough with same logo 

6. Supernatural 🤷🏽

1. Does your player have a nickname? If not, make one up! :D (and why)

I dont have one, if I did it would be beauty...

2. The NHL playoffs are under way! Name your cup prediction, and if it's any different, the team your heart wants most to hoist Lord Stanley's Mug.

Maple Leafs, if they pass round 1 beating the lightning, I think they could do it.

not really, I only come to collect TPE lol

4. With the NHL draft lottery happening in just under a week, who do you think will earn the #1 Overall pick, and who do you think that team will pick?

Wright will go #1, just getting that out of the way, and I think he will go to Arizona.

5. If you could change Warsaw's nickname, while keeping the same location and logo, what would you choose? If I'm being honest, I love the logo, and being in Warsaw, just not over the moon with "Predators".

Warsaw crowned eagles maybe?

6. Is there a TV show you have been binging lately? I just started Better Call Saul (never seen it before) and am really enjoying it. ⚖️

I love Better Call Saul, I dont have any shows im watching right now, cant find a good one for me.

On 5/4/2022 at 7:39 PM, dlamb said:

1. Does your player have a nickname? If not, make one up! :D (and why)

5. If you could change Warsaw's nickname, while keeping the same location and logo, what would you choose? If I'm being honest, I love the logo, and being in Warsaw, just not over the moon with "Predators".

6. Is there a TV show you have been binging lately? I just started Better Call Saul (never seen it before) and am really enjoying it. ⚖️

1.) My nickname is my name - Wumbo! It's hard to have a shorter name than that.

2.) I want Florida to win it for Giroux and think they CAN do it, but if I have to put money down I would put it down on the Avalanche - just think they're the most complete team out there.

3.) Not really. I actually read the forum primarily through "View New Content" and don't just go to specific forums themselves. Over the past 20 seasons, I've probably spent most of my time in the BoG forum.

4.) I'm hoping it's the Flyers for obvious reasons but I'm just gonna go with the Canadiens for who will actually get it. I'm sure whoever gets the first pick will pick Wright.

5.) Warsaw Predators feels pretty good - only downside I think is that there's an NHL team with the name Predators. If we had to change them...maybe the Warthogs.

6.) Not binging, but I'm (finally) going through Sopranos for the first time. For a variety of reasons (none of which have to do with the show itself) I've never gotten past S3 but am currently on the first half of S4 - very good show.

9dWx0pY.png

Warsaw Predators Press Conference :war:

Week Ending Sunday, May 15th, 2022

Answer 3 for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE.

1. Warsaw's season has seemed to hit a turning point, and we are now one of the hottest 🔥 teams in the VHL. What changed that made us start playing winning hockey?

2.  At the time of writing, Warsaw has played 48 of 72 games. Who is our team's MVP thus far?

3. If the playoffs started today, we would face the Prague Phantoms in the play-in round. Who would be your idea round 1 opponent?

4. 3 Game 7s in the NHL on Saturday, with BOS v. CAR, TOR v. TBL, and LAK v. EDM. Make your picks, which teams are moving on?

5. The hot weather is finally here to stay where I am, with summer quickly approaching, do you have any plans to travel (or just big plans in general) now that most restrictions are lifted?

6. If you could only drink one kind of pop/soda for the rest of your life, which would you choose?

1. Warsaw's season has seemed to hit a turning point, and we are now one of the hottest 🔥 teams in the VHL. What changed that made us start playing winning hockey?

Having a new group of guys could take a minute to build real chemistry.

2.  At the time of writing, Warsaw has played 48 of 72 games. Who is our team's MVP thus far?

Most people might say Nalwa, but I'm gonna say Kisslinger. I really respect players who produce and give huge hits. He is one of the top producers and top hitters on the team.

3. If the playoffs started today, we would face the Prague Phantoms in the play-in round. Who would be your idea round 1 opponent?

I don't think about that, if we are able to fold the top team in the league, we can win it all. somebody needs to take out the good teams, if we start early, we can have an easier road later. 

4. 3 Game 7s in the NHL on Saturday, with BOS v. CAR, TOR v. TBL, and LAK v. EDM. Make your picks, which teams are moving on?

Carolina, Tampa Bay, Edmonton. I think Carolina has been too cocky, but I think they can do it, Edmonton because I wanna see them move on, and Tampa Bay because I don't trust the Leaf's in game 7. I said if the Leaf's don't win game 4 they probably will not win, I think they needed that bigger lead.

5. The hot weather is finally here to stay where I am, with summer quickly approaching, do you have any plans to travel (or just big plans in general) now that most restrictions are lifted?

Not really, just happy to be back to some normality.

6. If you could only drink one kind of pop/soda for the rest of your life, which would you choose?

Do Peace Teas count?

1. I think chemistry took a bit to develop.  With the offensive tent this team has I wasn’t too concerned.  

2. Nalwa in my eyes.  He does everything and I always root for defense.   Lol

3.  Moscow.  Because I’d love to spank the best right away.  

4. Car, TB, EDM.   I can’t stand Boston or Toronto.  

5. I just got back from Arizona and it was misery hot.  Planning a few trips to Tennessee and Virginia.  

6.  Orange Crush 

Warsaw's season has seemed to hit a turning point, and we are now one of the hottest 🔥 teams in the VHL. What changed that made us start playing winning hockey?

Welch trade brought some depth were in a great demand. Moreover, some lineups changes were made so that's why we started tearing the league

2. At the time of writing, Warsaw has played 48 of 72 games. Who is our team's MVP thus far?

Wumbo is unbelievable. He is a rookie but already took some essential points

Well I don't really think about who we are going to play against. Our goal is the cup and it doesn't matter who my opponent is

Well, I would love to see Boston and Toronto moving into the second round but they were not good enough to make the first one past. Unbelievable series so far. 

Well after the exams I will travel to St. Petersburg to enter the university. Hope everything will be fine

I have no clue whether you drink it or not but my favorite drink is tarragon cocktails

On 5/13/2022 at 8:11 PM, dlamb said:

1. Warsaw's season has seemed to hit a turning point, and we are now one of the hottest 🔥 teams in the VHL. What changed that made us start playing winning hockey?

1.) Well, we started to score more goals than the other team in more games! I guess we're getting pucks in deep, playing heavy along the boards, not turning over the puck and playing a 200 foot game.

2.) We're all doing pretty well but both Nalwa and Kisslinger have probably been our most valuable players so far - we'd be in a much worse spot without them.

3.) Apparently it would be Prague! I think we just want to avoid Riga as a round 1 matchup.

4.) My picks (and 4 way parlay!) was CAR, TBL, LAK, and NYR. I didn't hit on LAK and NYR looks like it could go either way right now.

5.) Nah, nothing large plan for travel, just a kitchen remodel which is where the travel budget is going this year. We also have weddings this upcoming weekend and the following weekend.

6.) Cherry coke, AINEC

On 5/13/2022 at 8:11 PM, dlamb said:

9dWx0pY.png

Week Ending Sunday, May 15th, 2022

1. We are definitely hot, it's hard to say what changed but I think we just started getting some bounces because we weren't far off before. Also dlamb probably did some magic with the strategies. 

2. I think the MVP is obviously Girts Galvins because his refusal to score has allowed everyone else to score even more, so they are having great seasons! lol jk, I'd say it's a team effort but I'd probably say Kissingler.

3. I'd say Prague would be ideal because we can beat the crap out of them, No offense Prague. 

4. CAR, TBL, EDM. 

5. No plans besides spending as much time in air conditioning as possible. Maybe going on a few trips then back to AC.

6. Dr Pepper

9dWx0pY.png

Week Ending Sunday, May 22nd, 2022

1. Warsaw is in a tight EU race with London, Prague, and Helsinki. Which team out of the 4 will be the 1 to miss the post-season when all is said and done?

2.  We currently have 3 players set to hit Unrestricted Free Agency at the end of the season - Bogdan Trunov, Brendan Marner, and Omi Aberg. What can we do to sway them to stick around in the Blue and Orange?

3. Are you in any affiliate sim leagues? Have you ever been in one? Is there anything other leagues do that VHL doesn't that you would like to see here? 

4. What VHL team has surprised you, either positively or negatively, through ~60 games of Season 83?

5. Out of the 4 series remaining in the NHL Playoffs, which series do you find the most interesting?

6. What is one thing you can't live without?

Edited by dlamb

1. Warsaw is in a tight EU race with London, Prague, and Helsinki. Which team out of the 4 will be the 1 to miss the post-season when all is said and done?

Well, i don't really want it to be Predators as we have a pretty good team that can cope with some problems and fight for the cup.

2.  We currently have 3 players set to hit Unrestricted Free Agency at the end of the season - Bogdan Trunov, Brendan Marner, and Omi Aberg. What can we do to sway them to stick around in the Blue and Orange? 

Obviously, it would be awesome to resign them. Marner and Aberg are the future of the team with experienced Trunov. I am pretty sure they will put the pen to paper and link their next seasons with Warsaw

3. Are you in any affiliate sim leagues? Have you ever been in one? Is there anything other leagues do that VHL doesn't that you would like to see here? 

As for me, VHL is the only sim league i'have joined and i am god damn happy here. 

4. What VHL team has surprised you, either positively or negatively, through ~60 games of Season 83?

I suppose Riga Reign is the most improved team right now. Being on top of the league they show some incredible plays

5. Out of the 4 series remaining in the NHL Playoffs, which series do you find the most interesting?

Blues and Avs is kinda interesting and if Blues are able to make game 7 it's gonna be one of  the greatest games of Stanley Cup 2022. mark my words

Oxygen :\\ Well i guess my world is unimaginable without hockey, it is my lifestyle and passion throughout the whole life 

1.  Helsinki 

2. win the Cup!!!!   

3.  I am not in any other leagues.  This one is perfect for me.  Any more leagues and I’d really have no time avail.  

4. Chicago.  Three rookies in top 10 in rookie scoring and battling for playoff spot. Not too shabby. 

5. oilers vs Flames.  Good old battle for Alberta is exciting.  

6.  Sex 🤷🏽

I think Helsinki will miss because Helsinki is stinky. 

Offer them lots of money and the sign-in to all Brian Payne's only fan accounts

No the VHL seems fine the way it is.

I think Warsaw surprised me, I didn't realize we were going to be this good, so it's pretty awesome. 

Calgary and Edmonton by far is the most interesting. 

Probably air, but I will go with food and water here. 

London, full of bad young kids... No im not salty they took my rookie trophy 

Geez thats gonna be tough, but convincing them the teams gonna continue this streakin the future would be big id think

No i dont follow many sim leagues

Warsaw, I thought wed be contenders but with such a bad start I thought wed have a bust of a year, then everything turned around

Calgary Edmonton and Florida Tampa series I have been following the most

Lol my computer

9dWx0pY.png

Week Ending Sunday, May 29th, 2022

1. We clinched the playoffs! And to add on to that, we by-passed the wild card round, and straight to the real deal! Riga :rig: is our round 1 opponent. How do you feel we match up with them? Do we have a chance? Riga's to lose? Series prediction? 

2.  How do you feel about the VHL playoffs as a whole? Is there a clear favourite? A team that you think will surprise everyone?

3. Every single skater on our team scored a game winning goal this season. Kisslinger, Aberg, and Marner all tied for the team lead with 6. What does this say about our team?

4. Did you participate in theme week this season? Do you like the theme? Why or why not?

5. What is the best flavour of Gatorade? If you don't know the exact name of the flavour, the colour works too 😂

6. Now to the real NHL playoffs, which two teams do you have making it to the finals? I'm thinking Tampa and Colorado.

Edited by dlamb

1. I think we win in 5 games.  We keep our mojo going and we make Riga pay for beating us in regular season

2. Hmmmm….I think Moscow is the team to beat.  As for surprises, I think we are the surprise team nobody wants to play.  

3. when the pressure is on we answer.  

4. yes, I like it.  something different for easy TPE is nice.  

5. Purple 

6. Edmonton vs Tampa 

1. We clinched the playoffs! And to add on to that, we by-passed the wild card round, and straight to the real deal! Riga :rig: is our round 1 opponent. How do you feel we match up with them? Do we have a chance? Riga's to lose? Series prediction? 

Rigas gonna lose no doubt, Warsaw #1

2.  How do you feel about the VHL playoffs as a whole? Is there a clear favourite? A team that you think will surprise everyone?

Warsaw is the favorite and may surprise :P 

3. Every single skater on our team scored a game winning goal this season. Kisslinger, Aberg, and Marner all tied for the team lead with 6. What does this say about our team?

we have many players ready to step up and get us the go ahead goal!

4. Did you participate in theme week this season? Do you like the theme? Why or why not?

I havent done the theme week yet, hopefully its good lol

5. What is the best flavour of Gatorade? If you don't know the exact name of the flavour, the colour works too 😂

god I don't know haven't had Gatorade in a while. I remember liking the blue though

6. Now to the real NHL playoffs, which two teams do you have making it to the finals? I'm thinking Tampa and Colorado.

Tampa and Colorado seems very realistic 

1. We clinched the playoffs! And to add on to that, we by-passed the wild card round, and straight to the real deal! Riga :rig: is our round 1 opponent. How do you feel we match up with them? Do we have a chance? Riga's to lose? Series prediction? 

I think we can definitely beat Riga, especially since we have a nativa Latvian in Girts Galvins on the team who will play great in road games in his hime country. Warsaw in 6. 

I think Seattle looks pretty strong but honestly I think we are going to surprise some people and make a deep run! 

3. Every single skater on our team scored a game winning goal this season. Kisslinger, Aberg, and Marner all tied for the team lead with 6. What does this say about our team?

It says we are a group of clutch players and that's what you need in the playoffs! 

I don't think I did, not sure I knew about it, hopefully didn't miss any easy tpe.. ?

5. What is the best flavour of Gatorade? If you don't know the exact name of the flavour, the colour works too 

Lemon Lime. Obviously. 

I picked Tampa Bay and Colorado in my bracket pre-playoffs so that's looking good at this point. Only thing that could screw it up is McDavid being McDavid but I don't see Mike Smith lasting through Colorado. 

1. We clinched the playoffs! And to add on to that, we by-passed the wild card round, and straight to the real deal! Riga :rig: is our round 1 opponent. How do you feel we match up with them? Do we have a chance? Riga's to lose? Series prediction? 

As for me, it is unpredictable series and I don't really want to be self-confident. However I believe in Warsaw. Predators in 6.

2. How do you feel about the VHL playoffs as a whole? Is there a clear favourite? A team that you think will surprise everyone?

Well, every team can be a dark horse of this playoffs 

Depends on their results throughout the whole postseason. 

3. Every single skater on our team scored a game winning goal this season. Kisslinger, Aberg, and Marner all tied for the team lead with 6. What does this say about our team?

We have a great depth of talented forwards.

Yeah I took part in theme week and its idea was quite unusual. So I definitely like it! 

5. What is the best flavour of Gatorade? If you don't know the exact name of the flavour, the colour works too 😂

Purple? 🤨

Carolina and Edmonton 🤤

• 3 weeks later...

Week Ending Sunday, June 19, 2022

1. As your new AGM of the Warsaw Predators, what could you tell me about your player that you would deem useful and helpful?

2. S83 has ended. How did you felt your player did overall?

3. The European Conference was a gong show of powerhouses facing one another, but the championship trophy end up staying in the North American Conference, what do you suggest that could help bring the Cup over to Europe?

4. What is your player doing in this off season before the gruesome S84?

5. NHL Stanley Cup Finals between Tampa and Colorado is starting tomorrow, who's going to win it all?

6. What is one thing you would like to know about me?

1. First welcome new AGM.  My player is a defensive dman with some grit.  This is my second year so trying to dial in the new attributes.   

2. my player had a great season stat wise.  Felt good to contribute some points.  

3.  Yeah the EU conference was heavy with skill.  Seattle was the true powerhouse in NA.   I think a few pieces and we’re there.  

4. Trying to max out TPE so I can help the club win the Cup!   And trying to enjoy summer time.  

5. Tampa.   I think over 7 games they will grind Colorado down. 

6. Tell us about yourself and what you’d like to bring to the club? 

1. As your new AGM of the Warsaw Predators, what could you tell me about your player that you would deem useful and helpful?

Welcome sir, I am useful for a physical presence that can also collect the team a few point ;)

Honestly not as good as I thought, I think I might have messed up after the new point system

3. The European Conference was a gong show of powerhouses facing one another, but the championship trophy end up staying in the North American Conference, what do you suggest that could help bring the Cup over to Europe?

Be Better Kids. Lol its all about heart, without it we will lose. 

Why is it a gruesome season? Well I will be training and watching for good contracts.

5. NHL Stanley Cup Finals between Tampa and Colorado is starting tomorrow, who's going to win it all?

I don't mind either team willing, the threepeat, or my boys in Colorado doing it, I want Colorado a little more. 

Why did you choose to come to Warsaw?

Week Ending Sunday, June 26, 2022

1. Training camp is open and the team looks great for Season 84! What are your player's season expectation for S84?

2. GM @dlamb made a Blockbuster Trade to snatch up (himself) Vasile Lamb, a former 1st overall selection, from the New York Americans. Thoughts on the trade? Did we give up too much? Or perhaps was it a steal?

3. Heading into S84, as of right now we have 2 players under contract beyond the coming season. This makes S84 a pivotal season. Is the number of players in their contract year a cause for concern?

4. With the start of S84 just around the corner and the S83 Awards about to be presented, let's have a look back at S83. What are your thoughts of how the first hybrid season went for the league?

5. Does donating to the VHL give people a more competitive edge? What are your thoughts on the concept of pay-to-win, in general?

6. Tampa is down 0 - 2 to Colorado heading home to Game 3. They just got smoked 7 - 0 in game 2. Has fatigue finally caught up to Tampa Bay Lightning? Or is Colorado just that good?

@Scurvy  - in response

On 6/15/2022 at 9:54 PM, Scurvy said:

6. Tell us about yourself and what you’d like to bring to the club? 

I'm a pretty busy guy irl but trying to be more involved in the VHL community. As this is my first time taking an AGM position, I bring @dlamb a bit of assistance and a second brain to help build not just a winner but a franchise

@MetalToday - in response

On 6/16/2022 at 11:54 PM, MetalToday said:

Why did you choose to come to Warsaw?

@dlamb has taught me lots in the VHL. Thought it'll be great to learn the other side of things and get more involved in the community. Warsaw is a great team (almost got traded here with RE, so I'm finally here)

On 6/14/2022 at 11:27 PM, Rhynex Entertainment said:

Week Ending Sunday, June 19, 2022

1. Hey congrats on the new job and welcome to warsaw! My player Girts Galvins is a sniper who is coming into just his 2nd season in the league. I'm a quiet but hard working player who will reach high tpe levels and help us win a championship in the near future. 

2. S83 my rookie season was not what I had hoped for stats-wise but we had a good season as a team. I'm hoping in year 2 I get more ice time and can contribute more and be a key player. 

3. Someone needs to nerf Seattle. But in reality I think if the European teams keep working hard eventually we will win. 

4. I'm working my butt off to come into the season as good as possible, did a re-roll and am ready to help us win a championship in S84. 

5. I think Colorado will take it, but won't be easy because Tampa is very experienced. It's currenty 2-0 Colorado and they looked dominant in game 2 but I think tamp will still make it a series. 

6. Sorry I don't know anything about you because im not that active socially in this league, so I guess I'd want to know your previous experience in management and how you think that can help bring Warsaw to the top!