Warsaw Predators Press Conference

Da_Berr

On 2/9/2022 at 9:04 PM, JB123 said:

1. With the addition of game recaps and the return of trivia, any ideas for other tasks?

2. What city would you like to see get a team, in any of the three leagues?

3. What team(s) is/are our biggest competitors in the European Conference?

4. What player would you like to give a shoutout to for their play as of late?

5. Favorite hockey player/team?

6. Favorite outdoor activity?

1.) Hm, that's a good one - there are now a good number of "minor" tasks to earn 2 TPE each. The only thing we don't have is a social media type tasks (a certain number of tweets, whatever instagram calls it, etc...), but I don't see that being much different than a vhl.com article.

2.) For a long time, my answer was Philadelphia - obviously that's not the case anymore. Now, I'd like to see some more Southern Expansion in the US with Nashville (although that's not really that "southern" by US geography), Tampa Bay, etc...or maybe we go back to Hartford?

3.) The standings are very tight right now - Prague and Malmo are right in front of us, but Moscow is right behind us as well.

4.) Not sure - I haven't paid too much attention to my big league team this season, but I'm going to be paying close attention now!

5.) Philadelphia Flyers....but it's a love/hate relationship right now. Favorite player on the team is Sean Couturier - was an underrated player for years, but now he gets the respect he deserves.

6.) Does walking indoors count? But actual answer is going to be grilling/drinking with friends.

9dWx0pY.png

Warsaw Predators Press Conference :war:

Week Ending Sunday, February 20th, 2022

Answer 3 for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE.

1. How will the recent acquisition of defender R help the team moving forward?

2. Zach Kisslinger II will be going to the All-Star Game, while Warsaw prospect Wumbo will be going to the Prospect All-Star Game! What do you have to say about their play this season?

3. What do you think of the introduction of the All-Star and Prospect Games? What locations would you like to see host in the future?

4. Brian Moreau is currently second in points in the VHL (64) and tied for third in goals (27). Brendan Marner and Robert Wilk are tied for fifth among rookies in points (39). What have these players meant to the team so far this season?

5. What did you think of the Super Bowl, and the Rams winning over the Bengals?

6. Have you watched the Olympics? What is your favorite sport/team/athlete to watch?

GO WARSAW GO!

Hopefully he can help the backend out, help our goalie out, and just be a force for the playoffs. 

2. Zach Kisslinger II will be going to the All-Star Game, while Warsaw prospect Wumbo will be going to the Prospect All-Star Game! What do you have to say about their play this season?

They are absolutely amazing, you cant have such scoring ability and not go. Well deserved. Zach gonna be the future for the team, one of the captains for sure.

3. What do you think of the introduction of the All-Star and Prospect Games? What locations would you like to see host in the future?

I dont care about the locations to be honest, it would be cool to have it in a smaller town, or an outdoor rink, but I wont advocate for that. I also love the extra All-Star game for the prospects, but with all of these tournament, it might get stale, I do find there to be a lot of tournament opportunities. 

4. Brian Moreau is currently second in points in the VHL (64) and tied for third in goals (27). Brendan Marner and Robert Wilk are tied for fifth among rookies in points (39). What have these players meant to the team so far this season?

Brian is one of the most underrated players in the league right now, he's definately on of the best players we have. Robert I was expecting to do good, not amazing, I like when teammates surprise me like that!

When should I be watching football, I  am trying to win a cup here!!! Come on!!!

6. Have you watched the Olympics? What is your favorite sport/team/athlete to watch?

Team Canada in hockey, but I am only watching some highlights.

He is a great addition for our team. He is classy and nice teammate with a potential being a leader among us. 

2. Zach Kisslinger II will be going to the All-Star Game, while Warsaw prospect Wumbo will be going to the Prospect All-Star Game! What do you have to say about their play this season?

Well, I am proud of them. Absolutely deserved for both guys. 

That's an awesome thing that we have been waiting for a while. I'd like to see it in Warsaw for sure. 

Despite they are rookies they have such a great mix of experience and patience. 

I haven't watched it 

To be honest I don't watch it either. Everyone says that sport stays out of the politics but it's not truth for me

On 2/16/2022 at 8:36 PM, JB123 said:

1.) Good defensive depth is always good and is apparently especially hard to come by this season. I don't see how this does anything but help this team moving forward fo rthe rest of the season.

2.) Wumbo is certainly playing and is lucky to be in the Prospect All-Star Game. Looking forward to playing in the VHL next season.

3.) It's always nice to recognize individual players who are succeeding, so I don't see how this can hurt anyone. Would be interesting to have locations that used to have VHL or VHLM teams host these games in the future.

4.) I'd say they're instrumental to the team's success. Every team needs both star and depth players and it seems like everyone on the Predators is chipping in this season.

5.) More and more I think the refs are instructed to create as much drama or keep the games close as much as possible. I used to think it was just conspiracy non-sense but there are way too many primetime games that seemingly come down to the last drive and are aided by suspect at best calls. I don't believe the NFL is necessarily pushing for one team to win over another, just to keep the game as close and interesting as possible.

6.) I've barely watched the olympics this year but like to just watch different random sports. I watched some type of long distance speed skating that was 16 laps, watched some biathlon, and a little curling and bobsled as well.

9dWx0pY.png

Week Ending Sunday, February 27, 2022

Answer 3 for 1 TPE, OR 6 for 2 TPE

1. The trade deadline is on February 28, how do you think the team should approach it?
  2. With the last 10 games being a record of 5-5, and most nights going 1-1, how do you feel about the chances of making the playoffs?
  3. One of Warsaw’s prospects Girts Galvins is currently tied with other players in the top 10 for most goals in the VHLE. Are you excited for his coming graduation to the VHL?
  4. Warsaw's starter, Tater Tot, currently has the most shots against, one of the highest save percentages, and the most assists than any other goaltender, should Warsaw look to find him a backup to give him some rest?
  5. What area do you think is suffering on the team, what is needed to be improved upon?
  6. Do you have any pregame rituals?

1. The trade deadline is on February 28, how do you think the team should approach it?

I think we should recruit a few more defensemen.

2. With the last 10 games being a record of 5-5, and most nights going 1-1, how do you feel about the chances of making the playoffs?

I have high hopes for us!

3. One of Warsaw’s prospects Girts Galvins is currently tied with other players in the top 10 for most goals in the VHLE. Are you excited for his coming graduation to the VHL?

Yes! he will be a great attribute to the team!

4. Warsaw's starter, Tater Tot, currently has the most shots against, one of the highest save percentages, and the most assists than any other goaltender, should Warsaw look to find him a backup to give him some rest?

It doesn't seem like he needs a rest with how well he is doing. If he was tired then he wouldn't be performing as well as he is, so I don't think there's need for him to rest.

5. What area do you think is suffering on the team, what is needed to be improved upon?

If we had more defenders then our current ones could be more rested and do better. 

6. Do you have any pregame rituals?

Yes, I always have to eat at last a pound of chicken wings before each game:P

The trade deadline is on February 28, how do you think the team should approach it?

Team is struggling a bit, our trades depends on our goals for this season. 

With the last 10 games being a record of 5-5, and most nights going 1-1, how do you feel about the chances of making the playoffs?

Still believe we can make it

One of Warsaw’s prospects Girts Galvins is currently tied with other players in the top 10 for most goals in the VHLE. Are you excited for his coming graduation to the VHL?

Young blood is coming

Warsaw's starter, Tater Tot, currently has the most shots against, one of the highest save percentages, and the most assists than any other goaltender, should Warsaw look to find him a backup to give him some rest?

It would be cool

What area do you think is suffering on the team, what is needed to be improved upon?

We could acquire a couple of guys to get full a depth

Do you have any pregame rituals?

Not really 

9dWx0pY.png

Week Ending Sunday, March 6th, 2022

1. The team is currently riding high, on a 7 game winning streak. What is the main reason we are playing so well right now?

2. The VHL Trade Deadline was this past Monday, and only 1 trade was made on deadline day. How can the league incentivize teams to make more trades on deadline day?

3. We have 3 players in the top 10 points, as well as 2 players in the top 10 for rookie scoring. Are we the best offensive team in the league? Why or why not?

4. The S75 Draft Class, one of, if not the biggest Draft Class of all time, started re-creating on Monday. What is your favourite player name out of the new creates?

5. Why and when did you join the VHL?

6. Do you have any pets? Or, do you want any?

1. The team is currently riding high, on a 7 game winning streak. What is the main reason we are playing so well right now?

The chemistry on the team is amazing, really didn't think we would do this good, but this is the reason for the streak. 

2. The VHL Trade Deadline was this past Monday, and only 1 trade was made on deadline day. How can the league incentivize teams to make more trades on deadline day?

There should be some sort of playoff stat that can increase with experience, winning the cup, and m & e experience. With it not being a player controlled stat, but a system run stat, it would make the playoffs much more unpredictable, and get teams to go for players with that experience. 

3. We have 3 players in the top 10 points, as well as 2 players in the top 10 for rookie scoring. Are we the best offensive team in the league? Why or why not?

No, look at London... LOL they have been crazy, but we got many amazing players. 

4. The S75 Draft Class, one of, if not the biggest Draft Class of all time, started re-creating on Monday. What is your favourite player name out of the new creates?

E man? lol I dont really look at the names like that.

I thought it was a cool league, so I joined, I joined a few years ago. 

I got 2 pups, and my sister is staying with us and she has her pup as well. 

1.  Looks to me like team chemistry and winning those close one goal games as of late.

2. Seems crazy that there was only one trade made to me.   I am still so new but I would think of some way to incentivize teams for taking chances and going for it come playoff time.

3. Definitely up there with most offensive teams.  I think it bodes well for the future on the club.  I am hoping to make it next year and contribute anyway I can.

4. Not sure.  Don't even know where to look!  lol

5. I joined this year after seeing a YouTube clip.  I was lucky to have a good GM and I fell in love with the league.

6. I have a 2 year old Doberman Pincer.  Biggest lap dog in the world.  I have always had dogs and this is my 4th Doby.  So friendly and great family dog. 

The team is currently riding high, on a 7 game winning streak. What is the main reason we are playing so well right now?

Chemistry is a key feature of our lines. We fight back to back and it's nice to see us winning. 

Let's make the situation clear: While Vancouver is a contender team nobody wants to trade  to beat the unbeatable team

To be honest, I would argue that we are not the best offensive team so far. We struggle with scoring sometimes. However we produce really well. 

Haven't checked this draft class yet

Lamb And Juice told me about this project, I was a freshman in SHA but nevertheless I decided to try my hand at VHL. 

I have a cat and I am pretty sick of his shit. So I prefer staying alone for the rest of my life. 

9dWx0pY.png

1.       With the season ending with Warsaw just missing the playoffs by 2 points, how do you feel about the team’s overall play?

2.       How did you feel about your personal play this season?

3.       With Tater Tots outstanding play, do you think he has a shot at collecting the Aiden Shaw trophy?

4.       Are there any other players you think has a shot at a personal trophy and why?

5.       With a few young prospects possibly coming up to the bigs next season, how do you feel about Warsaws playoff chances?

6.       Its widely known BBQ chicken pizza is the best in the world, why do you think that is?

1. With the season ending with Warsaw just missing the playoffs by 2 points, how do you feel about the team’s overall play?

It's sad , we put a lot of effort and got so far and we were really close to the playoffs spot. We played really well and I am still thini about it

2. How did you feel about your personal play this season?

Trunov has been fire but I guess it was not enough to get the team to the yoffs. 

3. With Tater Tots outstanding play, do you think he has a shot at collecting the Aiden Shaw trophy?

Absolutely. Tot is high talent goalie , he deserves this award. 

4. Are there any other players you think has a shot at a personal trophy and why?

I don't know. Honestly, I would love to see trunov win the Dustin Funk Trophy as the most improved player. We'll see. 

Marner had a great rookie season so he might be nominated as a rookie of the season. 

5. With a few young prospects possibly coming up to the bigs next season, how do you feel about Warsaws playoff chances?

We are getting better every year, fresh blood will help us to achieve success. 

6. Its widely known BBQ chicken pizza is the best in the world, why do you think that is?

I have never taste it

9dWx0pY.png

Week Ending Sunday, March 20th, 2022

1. The VHL Playoffs are under way, now into the 2nd round. Who do you think will be the Continental Cup Champions?

2. Looking ahead to the VHL Draft, are there any names that you'd like to see in a Warsaw jersey?

3. The Toronto Maple Leafs and Buffalo Sabres played in the Heritage Classic outdoor game at Tim Hortons Field in Hamilton, ON. Did you watch the game? How do you feel about outdoor games in the NHL?

4. Have you done a "game recap" point task yet? If so, how do you like writing them? If not, why haven't you given it a shot yet?

5. What player, NHL and/or VHL, do you model your game after? 

6. NFL 🐐 Tom Brady announced he was un-retiring and coming back for a 23rd season. Will he get another Super Bowl ring before he retires for good?

1. The VHL Playoffs are under way, now into the 2nd round. Who do you think will be the Continental Cup Champions?

I would like to see anyone raise the cup but Wolves. 

2. Looking ahead to the VHL Draft, are there any names that you'd like to see in a Warsaw jersey?

Obviously, I would be excited to see another russian talent. There are some cool dudes with this draft class. 

3. The Toronto Maple Leafs and Buffalo Sabres played in the Heritage Classic outdoor game at Tim Hortons Field in Hamilton, ON. Did you watch the game? How do you feel about outdoor games in the NHL?

Couldn't watch it due to different time zones but I was able to check some highlights and I really love outdoors games. It's such a performance I have never seen in Russia

4. Have you done a "game recap" point task yet? If so, how do you like writing them? If not, why haven't you given it a shot yet?

Personally, I hate writing so I haven't done it yet however I guess I will try my hand at it and we will see if I like this task

Tarasenko is a perfect role model. Bounced back after two surgeries and trade request but now he is ppg. 

6. NFL 🐐 Tom Brady announced he was un-retiring and coming back for a 23rd season. Will he get another Super Bowl ring before he retires for good?

Shame on me guys I have no idea who is that guy. I am wishing best to him and his team. 

Wolves I would say right now, im mad we missed, or id say Warsaw T-T

These guys would be all on my lists (more desirable to least)

Baxter Arcanum

Sock Monkey

Landon Wolanin

Svatopluk Puk

Jeremy Davidson

I would watch to see if theres any updates from these guys (more desirable to least)

Sam Azjha

James Marino

Cody Kapanen

I didnt include first round and early second round because for the most part they are all good picks.

We dont talk about that... ok?

I did once, but I wasnt sure if it was still a thing after trivia came back. I dont mind those bad boys, easy to do, and i just like the analytics, I like how indepth the simulations are, and its nice to learn how to use different parts of the league site.

Ron Jeremy. I MEAN Mitch Marner... Yeah that's what I meant...

6. NFL 🐐 Tom Brady announced he was un-retiring and coming back for a 23rd season. Will he get another Super Bowl ring before he retires for good?

Did he? cool, hell win again, also, why tf is the goat so big on my pc???

9dWx0pY.png

Week Ending Sunday, March 27th, 2022

1. With Vancouver looking like cup favourites, a threepeat imminent, and the league changing the way attributes are applied, will this Wolves team always be remembered with an asterisk (*)? 

2. Do you follow any other sports other than hockey? If so, what is your favourite team in said sport?

3. If you could travel anywhere in the world (no covid restrictions etc), where would you go?

4. Now looking ahead to free agency, is there anyone who you think Warsaw should look to sign?

5. Did your favourite NHL team make any moves at the trade deadline? Are you happy with the trade(s) or no?

6. How do you feel about the Maple Leafs new reversible jerseys? Should more teams do something like this?

1. With Vancouver looking like cup favourites, a threepeat imminent, and the league changing the way attributes are applied, will this Wolves team always be remembered with an asterisk (*)? 

I think we will look back on this team and be wowed, but I dont understand the asterisks part. lol

2. Do you follow any other sports other than hockey? If so, what is your favourite team in said sport?

Im only a hockey fan.

3. If you could travel anywhere in the world (no covid restrictions etc), where would you go?

Ireland would be nice to see, but also some World War trenches and fields. 

4. Now looking ahead to free agency, is there anyone who you think Warsaw should look to sign?

I havent looked into the free agency, I really think we need other younger players, but I don't know if there is any on the market. Should be scrambling for defense, and maybe 1 other goalie for sure.

5. Did your favourite NHL team make any moves at the trade deadline? Are you happy with the trade(s) or no?

The leafs only got Giordano, love the guy, but I would've loved Anderson, or Riemer for a better backup. Im not as down on Mrazek like other people are, but he has not looked good in Toronto. 

6. How do you feel about the Maple Leafs new reversible jerseys? Should more teams do something like this?

I love the black and blue, but the yellow? thats stupid as 💩.

On 3/22/2022 at 1:35 PM, dlamb said:

4. Now looking ahead to free agency, is there anyone who you think Warsaw should look to sign?

6. How do you feel about the Maple Leafs new reversible jerseys? Should more teams do something like this?

1.) Some will, some won't. What Vancouver did was entirely legal and available for other teams to do as well, but obviously it wasn't something that went with the direction the league wanted to go in. It's quite possibly the most influential 3-5 season stretch by an individual team though!

2.) Yup - Football (Philadelphia Eagles), soccer (USMNT, Philadelphia Union, Tottenham Hotspur) the closest, baseball (Philadelphia Phillies) and basketball (Philadelphia 76ers bandwagon fan).

3.) That's a good question - going off the last question, I'd love to watch a Spurs match and sadly when I visited @Squidward when he was studying abroad in London they were playing out of the country. I would enjoy seeing London again.

4.) I haven't looked close enough at the roster so have an opinion on this, but every team can always add more talent.

5.) Ha. Ha. Ha. I haven't been happy about the Flyers in at least 3 years....directionless team that's going to be stuck in mediocrity for a very long time.

6.) No - they're dumb and ugly. I'm not a "you can't touch the jerseys" type of person, but I do like them relatively simple and "classic" looking.

With Vancouver looking like cup favourites, a threepeat imminent, and the league changing the way attributes are applied, will this Wolves team always be remembered with an asterisk (*)? 

In my opinion, they already made a history so why not

Hm, actually I barely watch basketball mostly highlights so I would choose this sport

Canada

Well, I didn't check FA list. However I would be excited to see more depth in the lines

St. Louis traded for Leddy I guess. That's kinda weird trade but we will see if it helps us in the near future. 

6. How do you feel about the Maple Leafs new reversible jerseys? Should more teams do something like this

It's absolutely amazing I swear to god every team should try to make something like this

9dWx0pY.png

1. The Warsaw GM, Dlamb, has already made 3 trades this offseason, how do you feel he made out?
  2. With those trades, Warsaw received Travish DeGroot, Tui Sova, Hari Singh Nalwa, and Omi Aberg. How are these new players fitting in, or, if you are one of the new additions, how do you like the locker room so far?
  3. Is there any area that Warsaw might need to look at improving in Free Agency?
  4. Do you feel confident that this team will be playoff contenders? If so, could there be a deep playoff run looming?
  5. Is there anyone you had your eye on for the upcoming draft?
  6. Do you think Chris Rock deserved to be smacked by Will Smith?

1.  Dlamb nailed it!  Made some outstanding moves to make Warsaw a competitive team immediately.  

2. I like the locker room.  I really don’t know anyone and it seems many members know each other well so locker room is lively.  I’m still a noob but room is way more active.

3.  Maybe some depth forwards come playoff time.  

4. I feel so.  Looking at the additions and returning players this team has some studs.  

5. Jake Thunder.  

6.   No, I think Will acted stupid.  He was laughing about the joke just prior so learn to take a damn joke.   

The Warsaw GM, Dlamb, has already made 3 trades this offseason, how do you feel he made out?

No clue how he did that but holy we are stacked

With those trades, Warsaw received Travish DeGroot, Tui Sova, Hari Singh Nalwa, and Omi Aberg. How are these new players fitting in, or, if you are one of the new additions, how do you like the locker room so far?

I feel that they are a perfect fit for the team. Locker room is gonna be destroyed

Is there any area that Warsaw might need to look at improving in Free Agency?

It's kinda tough to say. We still have pending Sova so I'd like to focus on his resigning

Do you feel confident that this team will be playoff contenders? If so, could there be a deep playoff run looming?

No way we will miss it next season. Wolves era is over, now we are gonna see a new champions

Is there anyone you had your eye on for the upcoming draft?

I like seeing russian guys on top of the draft class, they are so cool

Do you think Chris Rock deserved to be smacked by Will Smith?

I don't think it's a good idea to act like that. However, I would have done the same thing. 

Edited by qripll

On 3/30/2022 at 12:39 AM, MetalToday said:
  • The Warsaw GM, Dlamb, has already made 3 trades this offseason, how do you feel he made out?
  • With those trades, Warsaw received Travish DeGroot, Tui Sova, Hari Singh Nalwa, and Omi Aberg. How are these new players fitting in, or, if you are one of the new additions, how do you like the locker room so far?
  • Is there any area that Warsaw might need to look at improving in Free Agency?
  • Do you feel confident that this team will be playoff contenders? If so, could there be a deep playoff run looming?
  • Is there anyone you had your eye on for the upcoming draft?
  • Do you think Chris Rock deserved to be smacked by Will Smith?

1.) I feel like Dlamb did well. It was somewhat fortunate to move up to 2nd in the lottery, but we were able to parlay that into some additional players for our roster.

2.) I haven't had a chance to talk to many of them since it's still the off-season, but it seems like they're a good group of people who will keep the lockerroom hoppin'

3.) To be honest I don't know - we seem pretty stacked/full at this point. I mean maybe a backup goalie, but that's not really of huge importance.

4.) Yes, we should definitely be playoff contenders and hopefully we can make a run. Once you're in, you're in and anything can happen.

5.) No, not really. My days of watching and monitoring the upcoming draft classes is over. In dlamb and the rest of management we trust!

6.) No. Regardless of how you feel about the joke, it was an immature response from Smith. The funniest thing is that he was actually laughing at the joke until he saw his wife's reaction and felt like he needed to do something about it.