Warsaw Predators Press Conference

Da_Berr

On 3/30/2022 at 12:39 AM, MetalToday said:

9dWx0pY.png

Week Ending Sunday, February 27, 2022

Answer 3 for 1 TPE, OR 6 for 2 TPE

1. The Warsaw GM, Dlamb, has already made 3 trades this offseason, how do you feel he made out?
  2. With those trades, Warsaw received Travish DeGroot, Tui Sova, Hari Singh Nalwa, and Omi Aberg. How are these new players fitting in, or, if you are one of the new additions, how do you like the locker room so far?
  3. Is there any area that Warsaw might need to look at improving in Free Agency?
  4. Do you feel confident that this team will be playoff contenders? If so, could there be a deep playoff run looming?
  5. Is there anyone you had your eye on for the upcoming draft?
  6. Do you think Chris Rock deserved to be smacked by Will Smith?

1. I think he made a really good job, we love to see that 

2. I think they will be perfect fit they will like us 

3. I think the team is pretty perfect for now 

4. I think there a really good contenders 

5. I think my player will come here in not long 😉 

6. yeah haha it was so funny, it makes so many memes 

9dWx0pY.png

Week Ending Sunday, April 10, 2022

1. The draft is now done and complete, Warsaw drafted prospect Sock Monkey, how do you feel about the pick?
  2. Who do you believe will have a breakout season?
  3. Warsaw seems to be close at signing Tui Sova (v.2), however nothing is confirmed yet. Do you think this signing can happen? If so how should Dlamb convince him and if not why?
  4. Is there any contenders you are scared of in the upcoming season?
  5. What are you doing this offseason? Any plans?
  6. Are there any good shows you are watching and recommend? 

1.  It's a great pick with a great name. 

2. Wumbo is going to have the breakout season IMO.  Has a great team and defense in front of him and he is a brick wall in front of the net.

3.  I hope he is close to signing.  He's a huge talent and brings a lot to the team.  I think Dlamb's actions so far are more than enough to show he's committed to bringing a winning club this year.

4. I think the Toronto Legion look pretty tough but it's still early.

5. EARN TPE QUICKLY!!!!   Lol.  We just took our daughter to Lego Land in San Diego so that was fun.

6. I just started watching Yellowstone.  Good so far 

9 hours ago, MetalToday said:

9dWx0pY.png

1. The draft is now done and complete, Warsaw drafted prospect Sock Monkey, how do you feel about the pick?
  3. Warsaw seems to be close at signing Tui Sova (v.2), however nothing is confirmed yet. Do you think this signing can happen? If so how should Dlamb convince him and if not why?

1. Definitely the best pick anyone can choose ;)

2. I'll just agree with scurvy and say wumbo.

3. I trust Dlamb will do whatever best benefits the team with any choice he makes.

4. Nope! Warsaw is gonna be the best of the best this season!

5. It's exam season for me.

6. I'm currently rewatching community right now.

On 4/8/2022 at 5:38 PM, MetalToday said:

9dWx0pY.png

1. Sock Monkey was a great pick, seems to be a skilled player with a bright future ahead of him. 

2. I'm going to say Girts Galvins, he's coming into his rookie season hot and anything he does will be considered a break out. 

3. Dlamb should convince him by promising to not post the nude pics he has of his wife, that usually works well. So yeah given that info I think the signing can happen. 

4. I am scared of no teams because Warsaw has great players and great gm's and coaches, we can beat anyone. Our team never steps on the ice scared, we are always confident and strike fear in OUR opponents. 

5. I'm doing a lot of sleeping, resting up for my first VHL season. 

6. I recently watched Vikings-Valhala, was pretty good, especially if you liked the first Viking series. 

On 4/8/2022 at 5:38 PM, MetalToday said:
  • The draft is now done and complete, Warsaw drafted prospect Sock Monkey, how do you feel about the pick?
  • Who do you believe will have a breakout season?
  • Warsaw seems to be close at signing Tui Sova (v.2), however nothing is confirmed yet. Do you think this signing can happen? If so how should Dlamb convince him and if not why?
  • Is there any contenders you are scared of in the upcoming season?
  • What are you doing this offseason? Any plans?
  • Are there any good shows you are watching and recommend? 

1.) I don't know much about the newer players in the league, but I'm sure they're going to be a great addition to the team. Pretty good name as well.

2.) Can I say Warsaw as a team? I think we'll go from just missing the playoffs to being playoff contenders/sleepers.

3.) Yes, I think the signing can happen. We should be a good team and seem like a great group of people to play with.

4.) Nope. I don't think we're going to be a top team or anything, but we can hang our own with anyone.

5.) I'm just trying to continue to improve my game. Being a young goaltender in the VHL can be rough, and I want to make sure this season goes as good as possible.

6.) I'm currently watching Sopranos for the first time, but that's not a new show. I don't think I've watched anything new in a while actually. I would say watch The Wire if you've never seen it.

The draft is now done and complete, Warsaw drafted prospect Sock Monkey, how do you feel about the pick?

Monkey is a nice prospect for such a late pick. I am impressed how he was good previous season. 

Who do you believe will have a breakout season?

I have high hopes about future regular season. We are gonna blow up the league. 

Warsaw seems to be close at signing Tui Sova (v.2), however nothing is confirmed yet. Do you think this signing can happen? If so how should Dlamb convince him and if not why?

Unluckily, he was traded. Good luck Tui

Is there any contenders you are scared of in the upcoming season? I am not scared of something. It is a mentality of future champions. 

What are you doing this offseason? Any plans? Nothing special but gaining TPE

Are there any good shows you are watching and recommend? 

Daredevil is always in my heart. 

9dWx0pY.png

Warsaw Predators Press Conference :war:

Week Ending Sunday, April 17th, 2022

Answer 3 for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE.

1. Now that most of the off-season movement is settled, who is the early favourite for the S83 Continental Cup?

2. Has this extended off-season been too long? Or do you think the longer off-seasons are better, providing management teams more time to think about moves, and giving players more time to develop?

3. With Auston Matthews setting a new single-season goal-scoring record for the Toronto Maple Leafs, could it be said that Matthews could end up being the greatest Leaf of all time?

4. Last season, the VHL Points leader (Dan Dan) finished with 143 points. What point total will the league leader get in S83, with the new hybrid attributes? (Bonus points for predicting a specific player)

5. In a perfect world, what would be your preferred stat line for your player in S83?

6. The NFL draft is approaching at the end of this month. Do you follow the NFL? If so, who do you think the Jacksonville Jaguars will pick with the 1st Overall Pick?

1.  I would say the Toronto Legion look tough.  Good goalie and some high TPE.  However, they won't beat Warsaw.

2. As just a player with no other obligations that a GM or management has I felt the offseason was a bit long.  It was really difficult to motivate to post meaningless articles for points.  Would have been nice for some free TPE for a week or two to get the feel for an offseason and not burn out on point tasks.

3. Matthews is insane good.  Best ever??  Not sure yet.  He has some talent to compete with in past players like Mats Sundin, Daryl Sitler, Ted Kennedy, etc.  I would say that he definitely has the potential to be best ever scorer in Maple Leaf History keeps it up.   If they win the Cup this year it would be hard to argue though.  

4. Bogdan Turnov with 140 points 

5.  Perfect stat line for me would be. 15 goals 50 assists 65 points 250 hits 505 PIM!!!  100 SB. (just kidding on PIMS)

6.  Hmmmm... I think Aidan Hutchinson from Michigan will be there fist pick. He's a stud player. 

On 4/11/2022 at 5:17 PM, dlamb said:

9dWx0pY.png

Week Ending Sunday, April 17th, 2022

1. Now that most of the off-season movement is settled, who is the early favourite for the S83 Continental Cup?

2. Has this extended off-season been too long? Or do you think the longer off-seasons are better, providing management teams more time to think about moves, and giving players more time to develop?

3. With Auston Matthews setting a new single-season goal-scoring record for the Toronto Maple Leafs, could it be said that Matthews could end up being the greatest Leaf of all time?

4. Last season, the VHL Points leader (Dan Dan) finished with 143 points. What point total will the league leader get in S83, with the new hybrid attributes? (Bonus points for predicting a specific player)

5. In a perfect world, what would be your preferred stat line for your player in S83?

6. The NFL draft is approaching at the end of this month. Do you follow the NFL? If so, who do you think the Jacksonville Jaguars will pick with the 1st Overall Pick?

1.  Hard to say, EU looks stacked, while NA has maybe 3 decent teams.  I think my pick is either Prague or Moscow though.

2. Way too long. I hope we never have one like this again.

3. He will be in our lifetime for sure.  The GLOAT.

4. No clue but I hope Sova finally eclipses 100 pts in a season.  Doubt it though, goalies are going to be putting on a clinic.

5. 30 goals 70 assists with a +30 and close to 200 blocked shots.

6. Yes I recently got into the NFL a bit more this year by doing fantasy, and absolutely loved it.  I have no clue about anyone in the draft class though.

Predators and Bears

2. Has this extended off-season been too long? Or do you think the longer off-seasons are better, providing

management teams more time to think about moves, and giving players more time to develop?

It's hella bored to he honest. I believe we are gonna back to the previous schedule 

When he raises the cup

I suppose to see something about 105 points by Vinny Detroit/ Zack Kisslinger

55+75 in 72GP

6. The NFL draft is approaching at the end of this month. Do you follow the NFL? If so, who do you think the Jacksonville Jaguars will pick with the 1st Overall Pick?

NFL is not my cup of tea and I have never followed it 

On 4/11/2022 at 3:47 PM, dlamb said:

1.) I think it's gotta be Warsaw, right? We always have to go into the season thinking we're the favorite.

2.) It's been long but it had to be given all of the changes this off-season. It especially sucks if you were on a team that didn't make the playoffs, but it is what it is - just excited the season is starting soon.

3.) I don't know enough about the Leafs to comment, but Matthews is a very very good player.

4.) That's a good question - I'm going to say the league leader will be lower in points...probably somewhere around 95-100, but I think there will be a lot of players in that area.

5.) 76-0-0 1.000 SV % 0.00 GAA 72 SO - always have to strive towards perfection.

6.) Yes I do, but no idea who they're going to take. For the longest time it seemed like it would be that Thibideaux guy or something from Oregon, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Most recent I heard was some other DE, but I don't know. I think they should just take the most talented player regardless of position (except QB).

1. Of course I think Warsaw is one of the favourites, we have a strong group and great coaching. I also think Moscow will be pretty good this season. 

2. It seemed a bit long, but I'm ok with a long off-season, I think it was like 3 weeks, so maybe 2 weeks would be better. 

3. That'd be quite an achievement, but I think he could be, he's on pace to be the greatest leafs goal scorer of all-time, but he needs to do it for much longer to be considered as great as some of the other leafs legends. 

4. Hard to say but I'd probably guess around 90 points. 

5. As a mid 400's tpe rookie I'd be happy with 20 goals and around 40 points. 

6. Yes I do follow NFL but not super up to speed on the current draft, I'd probably say that huge offensive linemane though, cant remember his name but saw some talk about him. 

9dWx0pY.png

Week Ending Sunday, April 24th, 2022

1. Have you checked out Warsaw's pre-season results yet? Is this a good indication of how the season will go for us?

2. What Warsaw player(s) will be fighting for a VHL award this season? 

3. The VHL recruitment team is currently hiring members. If you were hired, what is one way that you would attract more new members to the site?

4. Out of all the hybrid attributes, which 1 do you think is a "must-add" for every player?

5. In the NHL, there is a battle for a spot in the Western Conference Playoffs. Nashville, Vancouver, Vegas, Dallas, and LA are all hunting for 3 spots. (Assuming EDM will clinch) Which 2 of those teams will be golfing at season's end?

6. What is the last movie you watched/enjoyed? I saw The Batman in theatres recently and wasn't the biggest fan.

7.  If you had to rebrand Seattle, what would you change?

Edited by dlamb

1. I think so.  We have some great players and I think we can go far.  

2. I’d say Brogdan Trunov will be fighting for goal and points leader.  He’s my pick.  And the way Nalwa had played in pre-season he’s in the running for best Dman too.  

3. Hmmm.  Not sure.  I’d maybe have a YouTube commercial.   That would get me. 

4. Probably defensive coverage.  Seems all players would benefit.  

5. vegas and Vancouver will be golfing 

6. well I have a 4 year old so my movie time is usually stuck to what she’s watching.  On that case the kids movie Encanto was pretty good.  

7. I’d change the name of Seattle (Bears).  I live just north of Seattle and there are NO bears even close.  

1. Have you checked out Warsaw's pre-season results yet? Is this a good indication of how the season will go for us?

Hard to say, preseason is not always the best stat to follow to see how the season will go.

Kisslinger and Bogdan are likely gonna be contending with most points like last season.

3. The VHL recruitment team is currently hiring members. If you were hired, what is one way that you would attract more new members to the site?

Make the site easier to understand for the new people, the site is pretty bad for attracting new players and keeping them. Its a little hard to understand, and if you haven't done something like this before it would seem like a lot, and lots of questions how to get more points. 

4. Out of all the hybrid attributes, which 1 do you think is a "must-add" for every player?

Passing should be a beautiful add.

5. In the NHL, there is a battle for a spot in the Western Conference Playoffs. Nashville, Vancouver, Vegas, Dallas, and LA are all hunting for 3 spots. (Assuming EDM will clinch) Which 2 of those teams will be golfing at season's end?

LA and Vancouver will be golfing maybe Dallas.

The city, place sucks.

On 4/19/2022 at 6:55 PM, dlamb said:

9dWx0pY.png

Week Ending Sunday, April 24th, 2022

5. In the NHL, there is a battle for a spot in the Western Conference Playoffs. Nashville, Vancouver, Vegas, Dallas, and LA are all hunting for 3 spots. (Assuming EDM will clinch) Which 2 of those teams will be golfing at season's end?

6. What is the last movie you watched/enjoyed? I saw The Batman in theatres recently and wasn't the biggest fan.

1. Not bad! Better than the 0-2 season start!

2. DeGroot is due for a redemption year (Funk Trophy?) and dil doesn't deserve anything after riding the meta.

3. I'd do the opposite of whatever Cow did.  I think it would be key to target people outside of hockey related communities, people that like other sports as well as role playing and gaming.

4. Deking for sure.

5. Vancouver (sad) and Vegas (hopefully)

6. Watched King Richard after Will Smith won the Oscar, great movie.  I saw The Batman too and enjoyed it overall, but I wasn't a fan of the main villain in this one. It also doesn't come close to The Dark Knight.  Excited to check out the new A24 movie that just came out.

7. Bana out as GM, it's been way too long.

Edited by v.2

1. Yes I've been following the pre-season and we're on fire, definitely a sign of things to come, hopefully! 

2. I don't know all the awards but I think Brian Payne and Girts Galvins will be in the hunt for rookie of the year. 

3. I would tell them how easy it is to pick up how to earn tpe and update your player, it's very user friendly. 

4. I'd have to say DC, the one that uses Defense and Skating, those are both important imo. 

5. Edmonton has clinched I think, so I will go with LA and Vancouver as not making it, unfortunately. That said I could see LA sneaking in over Dallas if anyone. 

6. I've watched a ton of movies the past year or so on netflix/amazon, but amazingly cant remember any right now that I really loved, probably need to rent one. However I watched the series 1883 on paramount and it was real good, sad, but good. 

7.  I'd move them to just south Portland and call them the Portland Prairie Dogs. 

Edited by Girts

On 4/19/2022 at 5:25 PM, dlamb said:

2.) We'll all be fighting for the Continental Cup - that's the only award that matters to us anyway.

3.) For starters, for anyone seriously thinking of applying, be aware that this job probably has the second highest league burnout rate other than VHL Commissioner. Honest answer is at this point I'm all out of ideas for recruitment (which was never my strong point in the first place). Continued cross sim league advertisement might be our best bet at this point.

4.) Fighting - the league would be more fun if we turned it into the WWE on top of a hockey sim league. Could make some interesting story lines with that as well.

5.) Knowing nothing about the Western Conference this year, I'm going to say Vancouver and LA. Vancouver has Benning as their GM so I'm sure the team isn't actually that good and LA seems like they haven't really been good in a while and are still in an awkward phase of having good very young players and good very old playeres.

6.) Haven't watched a ton of movies lately, but a couple weeks ago (maybe longer at this point) I saw Margin Call, which I thought was a pretty good movie.

7.) I would not rebrand Seattle. I'm a huge proponent of keeping the old team names at this point. A new logo would be one thing, but the Bears are a historic franchise and should not get a new name, similar to the Wranglers.

Have you checked out Warsaw's pre-season results yet? Is this a good indication of how the season will go for us?

Well, it doesn't mean anything for us as we can see good preseason was just a good preseason. 

I guess Kisslinger and Nalwa are able to fight for some personal awards

I would attract russian fan base

Offensive vision for sure

5. In the NHL, there is a battle for a spot in the Western Conference Playoffs. Nashville, Vancouver, Vegas, Dallas, and LA are all hunting for 3 spots. (Assuming EDM will clinch) Which 2 of those teams will be golfing at season's end?

Honestly, I would like to see Eichel in the yoffs , so i would pick Vegas and someone else

Haven't seen Batman and it's a while since my last cinime visit. I guess it was Jumanji

7. If you had to rebrand Seattle, what would you change?

9dWx0pY.png

Week Ending Sunday, May 1, 2022

1.  The team has been struggling recently, what would you suggest the GM does?

2.  How do you like your play in the rough start to the season?

3.  Who is the MVP for you in the first quarter of this season?

4.  Do you think the team can turn this poor record around?

5.  Warsaw traded for Kristof Welch recently, how do you like that shake up?

6.  If you can go back in time, what era of the VHL would you go back to?

1.  I think the kinks will work out and we will find our groove.  

2. not good!   I’m taking too many penalties and not producing.   

3. Brian Payne and Tavish DeGroot!

4. yep.  I’m confident the scoring will pick up and we will be contenders. 

5 I love it.  Another solid to dman we needed.  

6. Season 1

1. The team has been struggling recently, what would you suggest the GM does?

You know it's hard to find a right balance between keeping picks and specs and trying to be a contender. If you want to win you will have to trade for better players. Our hopes fell off however we still have a chance to bounce back. 

2. How do you like your play in the rough start to the season?

That's not what I expected. Point per game doesn't show my real skill and new build isn't fully explored yet that's why I am still happy to see Trunov helping his team. 

3. Who is the MVP for you in the first quarter of this season?

Alex Johnston is having impressive season. 21 goals in 21 games is something unreal. 

4. Do you think the team can turn this poor record around?

No doubt we will get back to the yoffs

5. Warsaw traded for Kristof Welch recently, how do you like that shake up?

Nice addition to our team, @Juiceis gonna retire as a predator with the cup.. of tea. Isn't that a real dream? 

6. If you can go back in time, what era of the VHL would you go back to?

I liked the previous one without new builds that reduce our abilities. With these new ones we did a step back imo. However, that's just a review after a quarter of the season and everything could easily change in a few weeks. 

On 4/29/2022 at 4:56 PM, MetalToday said:

1.  The team has been struggling recently, what would you suggest the GM does?

2.  How do you like your play in the rough start to the season?

3.  Who is the MVP for you in the first quarter of this season?

4.  Do you think the team can turn this poor record around?

5.  Warsaw traded for Kristof Welch recently, how do you like that shake up?

6.  If you can go back in time, what era of the VHL would you go back to?

1.) Get down to the locker room and kick some ass! Apparently the coach can't get it done so now the GM has to step in. At least, that's what the Flyers used to do, and they're a well run organization........right?

2.) I think we all could be playing better. I had a couple of stinkers early on that could have at least gotten us the loser point in overtime.

3.) I'm not going to comment on players outside of Warsaw, but I saw there's a couple players pretty high up there in terms of total points scored.

4.) Yes, I do. We had a pretty tough start to the season from a scheduling standpoint and we definitely have enough talent to turn this season around.

5.) Always nice to have an addition to the locker room, especially someone who is seemingly connected to supplying some good juice!

6.) I would go back to S1. I joined around S27ish so I'd like to go back to see the true beginning of the league - shit was bonkers in S27 compared to now so I'd really like to see it back in 2007.

9dWx0pY.png

Week Ending Sunday, May 8th, 2022

1. Does your player have a nickname? If not, make one up! :D (and why)

2. The NHL playoffs are under way! Name your cup prediction, and if it's any different, the team your heart wants most to hoist Lord Stanley's Mug.

3. Is there a specific forum thread that is your favourite to read? 

4. With the NHL draft lottery happening in just under a week, who do you think will earn the #1 Overall pick, and who do you think that team will pick?

5. If you could change Warsaw's nickname, while keeping the same location and logo, what would you choose? If I'm being honest, I love the logo, and being in Warsaw, just not over the moon with "Predators".

6. Is there a TV show you have been binging lately? I just started Better Call Saul (never seen it before) and am really enjoying it. ⚖️

Edited by dlamb