Warsaw Predators Press Conference

Da_Berr

1. I think that our team will do well this season. We have a lot of talent and we are well-coached. I think we could win the Continental Cup this season.

2. I think that the trade was a good move for the team. We needed another top-tier player and Vasile Lamb is a great addition. I don’t think we gave up too much in the trade.

3. I think that the number of players in their contract year is a cause for concern. We need to make sure that we re-sign our key players.

4. I thought that the first hybrid season went well. I think that the league did a good job of transitioning to a new format.

5. I think that donating to the VHL gives people a competitive edge. I think that the concept of pay-to-win is a good thing.

6. I think that Tampa Bay is just fatigued. I don’t think that Colorado is that much better than them.

As your new AGM of the Warsaw Predators, what could you tell me about your player that you would deem useful and helpful?

Trunov is that type of player who you can rely on. However last season showed that he is no longer a super star who carries the team. If you want him to be more productive it requires some changes in the lines. 

2. S83 has ended. How did you felt your player did overall?

Disgusting. The worst season season in Trunov's career

3. The European Conference was a gong show of powerhouses facing one another, but the championship trophy end up staying in the North American Conference, what do you suggest that could help bring the Cup over to Europe?

Better management obviously. I suppose it's just a lucky coincidence. 

4. What is your player doing in this off season before the gruesome S84?

Trunov will gain TPEs to come back on top after another depreciation

5. NHL Stanley Cup Finals between Tampa and Colorado is starting tomorrow, who's going to win it all?

I believe in Tampa. Threepeat is something that I am waiting for. 

6. What is one thing you would like to know about me?

What's your favorite player

On 6/19/2022 at 5:06 AM, Rhynex Entertainment said:

Warsaw Predators Press Conference :war:

Week Ending Sunday, June 26, 2022

Answer 3 for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE.

1. Training camp is open and the team looks great for Season 84! What are your player's season expectation for S84?

2. GM @dlamb made a Blockbuster Trade to snatch up (himself) Vasile Lamb, a former 1st overall selection, from the New York Americans. Thoughts on the trade? Did we give up too much? Or perhaps was it a steal?

3. Heading into S84, as of right now we have 2 players under contract beyond the coming season. This makes S84 a pivotal season. Is the number of players in their contract year a cause for concern?

4. With the start of S84 just around the corner and the S83 Awards about to be presented, let's have a look back at S83. What are your thoughts of how the first hybrid season went for the league?

5. Does donating to the VHL give people a more competitive edge? What are your thoughts on the concept of pay-to-win, in general?

6. Tampa is down 0 - 2 to Colorado heading home to Game 3. They just got smoked 7 - 0 in game 2. Has fatigue finally caught up to Tampa Bay Lightning? Or is Colorado just that good?

@Scurvy  - in response

I'm a pretty busy guy irl but trying to be more involved in the VHL community. As this is my first time taking an AGM position, I bring @dlamb a bit of assistance and a second brain to help build not just a winner but a franchise

@MetalToday - in response

@dlamb has taught me lots in the VHL. Thought it'll be great to learn the other side of things and get more involved in the community. Warsaw is a great team (almost got traded here with RE, so I'm finally here)

1. I've completed training camp and am expecting big things in S83 for myself and the team. I think we can go deeper in the playoffs and I think I can approach 30 goals, that's my expectations for this season. 

2. dlamb trading for dlamb is always a great move. You have to get your own player on your own team and sometimes it's costs a lot but there aren't many players like dlamb in the league, this was a win for Warsaw. 

3. Having a lot of players in a contract year can be a concern but if you run a good team and everyone is happy then shouldn't be worried about players re-signing.

4. I thought it was an ok season, warsaw did great but my player did poorly and had a large drop in points coming out of the minors, so I have mixed feelings about the first season with the new attributes. 

5. I think it does give people and edge if it's buying tpe. Not everyone can do that or will do that, so yes it's an advantage and I'm not crazy about the idea since I haven't done it and won't be doing it. I'm still top 15 or so in tpe in my class even with starting late. 

6. Colorado looked great in game 2, but I think tampa will rebound in game 3 and in fact they just did winning 6-2. 

1. Training camp is open and the team looks great for Season 84! What are your player's season expectation for S84?

I expect to be going deep in the playoffs, the team looks great, and I think the team will be READY this season.  

2. GM @dlamb made a Blockbuster Trade to snatch up (himself) Vasile Lamb, a former 1st overall selection, from the New York Americans. Thoughts on the trade? Did we give up too much? Or perhaps was it a steal?

Its what we needed now, I think It was quiet a fair trade.

3. Heading into S84, as of right now we have 2 players under contract beyond the coming season. This makes S84 a pivotal season. Is the number of players in their contract year a cause for concern?

Slightly, we got Kiss and a good depth player in sock for next season. Marner has an option to stay, and Dlamb is probably the most likely to stay. I'm sure some players will leave, but I wouldn't be surprised if we are still playoff contenders. But Yeah this is our best chance.

4. With the start of S84 just around the corner and the S83 Awards about to be presented, let's have a look back at S83. What are your thoughts of how the first hybrid season went for the league?

It went alright, I had to reset my player, my player design didnt work all that well. 

5. Does donating to the VHL give people a more competitive edge? What are your thoughts on the concept of pay-to-win, in general?

Pay-to-win is a terrible concept, people with money to spend wins? Naw. Donating gives a slight edge to people, but not a big one, I dont know id even call this pay to win, its a small edge that may not create a huge difference. 

6. Tampa is down 0 - 2 to Colorado heading home to Game 3. They just got smoked 7 - 0 in game 2. Has fatigue finally caught up to Tampa Bay Lightning? Or is Colorado just that good?

I said I wanted col to win, but it was a toss up, now at 3-1 I think col does it, but its Tampa, cant rule them out so soon. 

Week Ending Sunday, July 3rd, 2022

1. S84 HYPE. With the season starting this week, where do you predict we'll end up in the standings come season end?

2. I'm not sure about you, but it feels like a long off season even though S83 one was longer. What length of an off season do you feel is best?

3. What city do you feel would be a good host for a VHL club?

4. We introduced the Hybrid stats building system last season, is there one Hybrid stat that you feel should be different? (ie. DK instead of improving PH and DF, it could be for PH and SC; etc.)

5. Thoughts on the 1 TPE "award" for a player winning a personal award?

6. NHL draft hype! Upcoming NHL draft does not appear to have a "superstar" but many top end talent in the first round. Who do you feel Montreal will choose 1st Overall in Montreal?

Training camp is open and the team looks great for Season 84! What are your player's season expectation for S84?

Trunov put a lot of efforts into his conditions and I hope it will have a positive impact on his plays

2. GM @dlamb made a Blockbuster Trade to snatch up (himself) Vasile Lamb, a former 1st overall selection, from the New York Americans. Thoughts on the trade? Did we give up too much? Or perhaps was it a steal?

Lamb is a remarkable guy. He is definitely that type of player that we were in a huge need. 

I don't think so. There is a plenty of te to re-sign whoever DLamb wants

Well obviously it was not perfect. A lot of players showed their worst hockey in careers. And we don't know yet what is the best build for the player

I prevent any forms of donating. If someone wants to give his money for better attributes go ahead. I believe it is not worth it. 

Colorado is insane. Absolutely worth-winning team with such a great depth. 

1. 1st place in the EU.  Trunov, Girtz, Lamb, and cod are gonna tear it up!

2.   I would like maybe 2.5 -3 weeks BUT with no Requirments for media spots, etc. give players a chance to recharge with free 12 TPE.  

3.  I think Denver would be a good host.  

4. So far I am pleased with the way it is. 

5. I like it!   Not that I’m gonna win anything but free TPE is cool.  Should be more that 1 point tho.

6. Shane Wright will go first.  I personally like Logan Cooley but Wright is best player for sure. 

On 6/27/2022 at 2:08 AM, Rhynex Entertainment said:

Week Ending Sunday, July 3rd, 2022

1. S84 HYPE. With the season starting this week, where do you predict we'll end up in the standings come season end?

2. I'm not sure about you, but it feels like a long off season even though S83 one was longer. What length of an off season do you feel is best?

4. We introduced the Hybrid stats building system last season, is there one Hybrid stat that you feel should be different? (ie. DK instead of improving PH and DF, it could be for PH and SC; etc.)

6. NHL draft hype! Upcoming NHL draft does not appear to have a "superstar" but many top end talent in the first round. Who do you feel Montreal will choose 1st Overall in Montreal?

1. We're finishing 1st in our division, no question about it. Nobody is on our level. Yes I'm confident but that's what it takes to win. 

2. It felt ok, maybe a little long so I'd say however long this one was let's go with 3 days shorter. 

3. Gonna have to go with Rekjavic Iceland here, the land was named after ice, it deserves a hockey team. 

4. They need to exchange one of the ones that adds strength and replace it with scoring. We don't really need strength and it ends up being too high and kind of a waste imo. 

5. Should be more than 1tpe, awards are rare, I will probably never win one but if I do it'd be nice to get like 5tpe for it. Maybe 3 at the least. 1 is nothing. I fart 1tpe. 

6. Montreal should choose Shane Wright 1s overall because they need a center. I think Slafkovsky will be a more offensive player when it's all said and done but Montreal can't pass up a Canadian kid who's been touted as 1st overall since birth. Make the pick. 

top of the board, we have a top team soooo.

it was a long offseason because we LOST. But that wont happen again. But I do not care, a week at most.

Whitehorse, I like the idea of a northern team

I don't know why poke checking increases strength honestly, it should probably increase discipline. I think they need to make leadership, and discipline more used, like adding leadership to passing or something, I don't like how we leave those stats at 40, it just seems useless.  

Stupid, you already got your name in the record books, how about giving the points to the winner of the playoffs, that's a much better accomplishment in the end?

I still stand at Shane Wright first overall

About top-3 in our division. But are we capable of doing it? 

Yeah off season has become quite boring. I would love to see a week for the rest/FA/World tournaments 

I have been saying it since the start of the VHLE. Please give St. Petersburgh a franchise 

Well, i agree with everything. I suppose there is no need to change the system

Nice addition and opportunity to give a player well-deserved prize

Danila Yurov will be a fantasy steal mark my words! It would be awesome to see him goes 1st overall

Week Ending Sunday, July 10th, 2022

1. We are 6 - 3 - 0 after the first week of sims, what are your thoughts after the first 9 games?

2. How has your player's production been over the first week of S84?

3. Everyone has found themselves on the score sheet at least a few times so far, and the majority are Plus players, but we're Even in the Goals differential so far, what changes do you feel is necessary for us to start playing to our potential?

4. What is your players pre-game meal/ pre-game ritual?

5. What does your player do away from the game during the season?

6. Which is your favourite NHL team?

1.  I’m happy with where the team is at.  I know with the amount of beast scorers we have that the goals will come in time. 

2. Payne has been surprisingly great so far. It probably won’t last but I’m just happy he’s producing.  

3. I’m not sure really.  I’m not sure how the sim set up works but matching our best offensive players against their second line might be an option ??  But again I have no clue.  

4. blue berry smoothie is pregame snack.  Whiskey and Reese’s peanut butter cups post game.   

5. Read, Sleep, and get into trouble with DeGroot.  

6. Edmonton 

19 hours ago, Rhynex Entertainment said:

Week Ending Sunday, July 10th, 2022

1. We are 6 - 3 - 0 after the first week of sims, what are your thoughts after the first 9 games?

3. Everyone has found themselves on the score sheet at least a few times so far, and the majority are Plus players, but we're Even in the Goals differential so far, what changes do you feel is necessary for us to start playing to our potential?

1. I think we've done very well through the 1st 9 games and 6-3 is about realistically what I would expect in terms of winning % so I think if we can maintain that we'llbe in good shape this season. 

2. My production has been great and I'm very pleased. I believe I had 8 points thru 8 games, 4 goals 4 assists which is fantastic. It feels good to produce and help the team win games. 

3. I think we just have to get some puck luck, we have one real bad game and let up 8 so I think that's skewing things a bit. Either that or it's or bot D but we can overcome that as a team with team D. 

4. Pre-game meal I like to carb load, eat a big pasta dinner around 4pm with meatballs. This was our pre-game meal irl in high school hockey as a team at a restuarant in town. Otherwise just visualize and relax before the game. 

5. Away from the game during the season I basically work out and sleep. Play some video games and watch tv. 

6. LA Kings

We've been awesome so far. I enjoy winning and hope we will continue gaining points

It could've been much better, however right now Trunov is ppg forward and that is not that bad. 

I suppose we might produce better in power play. 

I don't have my own one, it's a big unfortunate

Tries to explore his mind, travels and chills with his teammates

I cheer for Blues and even make a photo with Barbashev and the Stanley Cup! 

I wasn't too happy back then, but than this week happened :)

My player sucked, basically half a point a game, but now im back to a point a game so... Im happy lol

I dont think anything is needed, maybe a 4th defense, but other than that, was are playing good

I eat chips and whiskey right before a game, oh yes and come cocaine to hype myself up!

Party and drink baby! 

Who you think? lol the Leafs silly

On 7/4/2022 at 5:21 AM, Rhynex Entertainment said:

1.) Man, it feels like such a blur, like I wasn't even here! 6-3 is pretty good, but 7-2 would be better, and 9-0 would be best! Still a good start to the season though.

2.) Not good, not great. Save percentage decent, GAA decent, but the team has been winning and that's what's important to me.

3.) Not sure I'm the best to answer that question since I'm the goaler, but I just feel like we've been unlucky so far. With a few more bounces the pucks will start going in more.

4.) Pre-game meal is honestly usually pizza - not trash pizza like pineapple pizza or frozen pizza, but an actual, homemade pizza. Pretty good.

5.) Spend a lot of time relaxing at my place and just keeping my mind off of hockey. I'll turn on a game every once in a while but I enjoy watching other sports just so I can sit back and relax and just be a fan again.

6.) My favorite NHL team is the Philadelphia Flyers and my least favorite NHL team is the Philadelphia Flyers. Things have been bad the past 10 years and there's no hope of them turning it around any time soon.

Week Ending Sunday, July 17rd, 2022

1. We've had an amazing week of hockey and now we're in first place! What changed that gave us such an impressive offensive and defensive boost?

2. All of a sudden, the North American conference seem to have a tougher pool than the European conference. Has the European conference gotten weaker this season or is this just a facade?

3. We've resigned a lot of players and are in a very good position, do we need to bring in another star to bring us over the top?

4. What made you choose to resign with Warsaw/ what would help make up your mind to resign with Warsaw?

5. What is your favourite goal song?

6. Did the results of the NHL draft surprise you? 

2 hours ago, Rhynex Entertainment said:

Week Ending Sunday, July 17rd, 2022

1. We've had an amazing week of hockey and now we're in first place! What changed that gave us such an impressive offensive and defensive boost?

2. All of a sudden, the North American conference seem to have a tougher pool than the European conference. Has the European conference gotten weaker this season or is this just a facade?

3. We've resigned a lot of players and are in a very good position, do we need to bring in another star to bring us over the top?

4. What made you choose to resign with Warsaw/ what would help make up your mind to resign with Warsaw?

1. We definitely had a great week, I think we just finally started getting some puck luck and a few bounces, that on top of great line management by our gm's and we are just locked in. 

2. I think we are a better conference because Warsaw is the best team in the league! So any conference we are is automatically the best! But yeah NA confernece seems to have some parity this season which is good. 

3. Not sure maybe a 4th defenseman but that's probably it, our group is looking very strong for the next few seasons at least

4. I re-signed because we have a great team and friendly supportive people. Our GM's are great and there was really no reason not to sign again with the team being on the upswing and looking like a serious contender for the forseeable future. 

5. Brass Bonzanza the old hartford whalers goal song is the GOAT

6. Yes I did not expect to see shane wright fall to 4 so it was kind of crazy but fun to watch, some good trades also. Outside of Wright no big surprises except maybe Lambert and Howard falling to the end of round 1 and Kemmel went a little later than I expected. 

1.  I think our team finally clicked.  Different people step up at different times and makes us consistent.  And…our goalie has been amazing.  

2. I don’t think so.  I wish!  The EU conference has some great teams that seem to be struggling a bit. I look for it to be competitive as the season goes on. 

3. I was one of those signings and it was so easy for me to stay here.  First, I’m loyal and  this group has been great and a lot of fun.  Maybe a 4th dman could be added before playoffs.   

4 great GM, AGM, amazing players and a great locker room.   I would play on this club for free.  

5. hmmmm not sure.  

6. Draft was shocking really.  As I live near Seattle it was nice to see them grab Wright at 4.   Surprised me 

Defensive game has been amazing from the start, the offensive game is just getting more settled, but we still need more scoring help Wumbo out. 

NA had some good players coming up, where as Europe had player to win the cup, I think Europe couldnt resign some players, and the other player got old, so I do think Europe got weaker, but idk lol

As long as this team can stick together, we can be competitive for more years.

We have a really good team, and I wanted to be on a competitive team.

I dont know, I just know I hate the leafs goal song

Very much I kept screaming WHAT?!? NO WAY!?!

Week Ending Sunday, July 24th, 2022

1. We are half way done S84 and in a good position. How is your player doing with regards to preseason expectations?

2. Who has been your favourite player to play with in the VHL?

3. Which team does your player love to play against the most in the VHL?

4. We mustered a "Gold" number of shots (79) against Vancouver and still end up losing, tell me what your thoughts are on that game?

5. NHL free agency began with a bang! What have surprised you so far? How has your favourite team done?

6. What day of the week do you normally finish your weekly TPE tasks?

Edited by Rhynex Entertainment

1. We are half way done S84 and in a good position. How is your player doing with regards to preseason expectations?

terrible, I was hoping to have a comeback season with points, but I cant be too upset, we seem to be more defensive, and its working!

Kisslinger is always great, in the locker room and the ice, its draft buddy things

Seattle, always a good fight, especially when we win ;) 

4. We mustered a "Gold" number of shots (79) against Vancouver and still end up losing, tell me what your thoughts are on that game?

We didnt play good enough, you can shoot as much as you want, but when you are not in a high danger zone than you wont get those nasty goals

5. NHL free agency began with a bang! What have surprised you so far? How has your favourite team done?

Ottawa is looking nasty, and detroit might be a playoff contender as well. Atlantic gonna be a tough division... Go leafs go

lol usually at the end of the week friday-sunday, but im out to a cottage this week, no internet, no service, too much beer... 

Edited by MetalToday

1.  Payne is doing way better than I expected.  He is getting hit and points but lots of penalties.   

2. hmmm…DeGroot and Nalwa.  

3. Moscow for sure.  I’ve had two fights against them and I feel a good rivalry playing against them. 

4. well I feel their goalie played well against an onslaught of shots.  We just need to find a way to get a few more past him.  

5. oilers have done well.  I would have liked to seen them get Connor Brown but can’t complain. 

6. depends on work mostly.  Usually mondays or Saturdays. 

Lamb trade was X factor, he is type of that player who carries the whole team and improve every teammate

Standings shows the whole situatio. However it doesn't matter at all. Cup fightings are another level

Well, the best team is supposed to be the best at everything

but I don't really believe that we need another top level guy

I would love to stay with Predators till the retirement. They drafted me, gave a C patch and now I'm gonna pay off for all the support, respect and love I have here

As a blues fan it's quite easy: Gloria

For sure, obviously there were something that made 3 teams go over Shane Wright. 

On 7/16/2022 at 10:05 PM, Rhynex Entertainment said:

Week Ending Sunday, July 24th, 2022

1.  My player is doing about what  expected this season, just under a point per game about a good amount of goals with 15. Of course I'd like a few more but that's twice as many as I scored last season! 

2. I've had some good linemates in my short career but I'd probably say Vasile Lamb has been my favorite so far, we've had good chemistry on a line this season. 

3. Right now is those jerks in Moscow, they won't go away and let us back into 1st place where we belong. 

4. My thoughts on that game are: POOP

5. I think like everyone I was surprised at Gaudreau leaving Calgary for Columbus, I mean wtf. My team hasn't done anything to write home about yet. 

6. Sometimes sunday the last minute, unless i have some time mid week like now.