Thoughts on Recent Retirees - S73 Edition

Victor

• Admin

Thoughts on some recent retirements until I hit a respectable word count.

Codrick Past @Kylrad – Named after one of the finest players to ever grace the VHL with a success:TPE ratio suitable for picking such a blessed name.

Acyd Burn @Acydburn – One of a generation of unlucky players finally having the career season he deserves. Wish I could have rescued his career in Moscow – maybe next time.

Jet Jaguar @gorlab – God among men. The VHL was never worthy of his presence and his departure puts us back down to the level of lesser sim leagues.

Jerry Garcia @GustavMattias – See Acyd Burn above. Except the Moscow bit. Fuck this guy.

Virgil Ligriv @MMFLEX – Carved out a career in the new backup-becomes-starter niche developing in the ever-expanding VHL. Respect the hustle.

Ben Hafkey @McLovin – One of the two steals of S66 alongside the legendary Dean Clarke. Lowkey but solid, accurate reflection of the lowkey but solid Helsinki team he's best known for.

Mikko Aaltonen @GRZ – Impressively consistent, D.C.'s version of Dan Baillie. Also reminds me of Dan Wilinsky, genuinely not far from cracking the HOF ballot.

Charlie Paddywagon @DMaximus – None of your assholes commented on his retirement thread? Unbelievable. Underrated all the way to the end. Calgary definitely misses his steady presence this season.

Charles Drumm @frescoelmo – Exceptionally beautiful specimen. Deserved so much more.

• Commissioner
4 hours ago, Victor said:

Acyd Burn @Acydburn – One of a generation of unlucky players finally having the career season he deserves. Wish I could have rescued his career in Moscow – maybe next time.

Eh you clearly haven't looked at the index lately. Seasons pretty much the same as always.... That's why I retired a season early.

• Admin
35 minutes ago, Acydburn said:

Eh you clearly haven't looked at the index lately. Seasons pretty much the same as always.... That's why I retired a season early.

I just looked at your portal player page where it's your career high. Agreed relative to this season still not the one.