Miami Marauders Season Recap

fyrefly

Well, tonight the Marauders might get eliminated. The Aces have won the last three games, so I'm not too hopeful, either. So I figured I would squeak in a media spot featuring every single player on this team, and what they've done for the team during this amazing run. And thanks in advance to @Ricer13 and @Zetterberg if you guys can't get Juniper back at the draft. This season has been incredible.

Onto the reviews:

Peter Louis ll, 163 TPE @CosmicStorm

Louis has been a huge part of our playoff run. While being overshadowed by the hot new rookies, Louis kept his cool and put up points. He scored 28 goals and got 26 assists for 54 points, while also being reliable in his own end. He also has a gritty side to his game, with 166 hits this season. Louis is one of our most valuable players, since he brings so much to the table. 

Gaspar Zakrevsky, 95 TPE @Pythonic

Zakrevsky is a rookie this season, and he's gotten to the respectable total of 95 TPE. He has skill all over the board, with scoring, defense, puck handling, strength, and skating all over 50 TPE. Zakrevsky has also put up decent points for limited ice time, with 8 goals and 36 points while playing all 72 games. 

Henry Tucker, 58 TPE @NotSoGood88

I for one am impressed by this guy. While not knowing much about the site, he's persevered through it and been very active around here. He's given every single attribute TPE, which will either be a strength or a weakness as Tucker's career progresses. He will enter the dispersal draft as a dark horse. While he hasn't exploded with points in his limited ice time, we can expect a growth there next season.\

Nikolas DAndrea, 118 TPE @Nikdandrea34

Another surprising rookie. DAndrea actually wrote a media spot recently. DAndrea is strong in a bunch of areas, and he put up four goals and five points in thirty five games, which is impressive for for a fourth liner. DAndrea also has decent TPE totals, being on the site for a little while longer than Tucker was. I think DAndrea will be a top prospect for the VHL Entry Draft next season.

Sheldon Juniper, 145 TPE @fyrefly

Hey, it's me! I'm not going to blow my own horn here. Juniper was hot trash in the regular season, getting slightly more ice time than DAndrea and Zakrevsky, but still not putting up many points. In the playoffs, Juniper got more ice time because of an insane TPE run where I got 34 TPE in one week and lead the league in earning. This week, I'll only have 16 after this media spot. Watch for me in the dispersal draft and the entry draft, where I will not go high in either.

Wooshi Cat, 85 TPE @Tropicalfire

Another rookie, albeit one who isn't the most active. Nevertheless, Cat has gained TPE decently and put up ten points in the regular season. Cat is good at dishing the puck out, and they will enter the dispersal draft after the playoffs are over. 

Addison McLaren, 188 TPE @tcookie25

What McLaren has done this season has been nothing short of incredible. Coming into the league as a rookie, McLaren quickly got to know what he could do to earn as much as possible as quickly as possible. While he is only 5'7 and 155 pounds, he is a gritty wrecking ball on the ice. He also has point per game in the playoffs playing on Miami's top line. Watch for McLaren to go in the first round of the VHL Entry Draft

Cabe McJake, 192 TPE @RedSus

The other rung of the remarkable rookies, McJake is the perfect build for a scorer: skating, scoring, defense, and puck handling all high. McJake is a point machine, and has an interesting and comedic backstory. McJake has been the player that has led the Marauders to this high point in the playoffs, and he is the obvious MVP in my books.

Nathan Perry, 118 TPE @tinafrombobsburgers

Perry is yet another rookie this season, although he has garnered more TPE than the average one. He has earned a lot recently, and never misses a week. His points haven't been desirable, but someone has to play on the fourth line. Perry will enter the dispersal draft as well. 

The Great, 113 TPE @Jake Sumner

One of the only players that was actually drafted by Miami, Great has been consistently earning, and his first gen bonus claim has pushed him up the rankings. While not very active, Great put up very good points in the regular season, scoring 24 goals and dishing out 24 assists for 48 points. His ice time has gone down, but he made some considerable progress in the regular season. 

Theodore Hoffman, 154 TPE @snackhero

Hoffman is a veteran on this Marauders team. He's been on the site for two seasons, and was drafted by the DC Dragons last season. His points aren't eye-catching, but his all-around game is hard to ignore. He has played every single game for the Marauders over the past two seasons. 

Vivek Weiner, 154 TPE @coochiman

Another waiver-pickup rookie, Weiner is one of the most active ones. He does graphics, one of the only rookies who does, and usually earns 14 TPE per week, which is very good. Weiner's points have also been good, with 20 points in 30 games in the regular season and 10 in 13 in the playoffs. Weiner will enter both drafts, and might just be picked up by a VHL team.

Martin Master, 140 TPE @Martin Bradac

One of the most kick ass names in the league. Master is a waiver signing rookie and the first defenceman on this list. His points aren't amazing, as expected, but he's getting some and being a force in his own end. He's even been able to get above half a point per game in the playoffs. Maybe he'll get drafted into the VHL

Chicken Wing, 202 TPE @chikn

Wing is another vet on the team and in his short two season career, has played for three teams! Wing is a resident minute-muncher on the Marauders, and he put up nearly point per game in the regular season and close to that in the playoffs. One of our most valuable players, he will almost definitely be drafted into the VHL

Dale Doback, 32 TPE @GeneralJager

I'm not currently sure about Doback's activeness. He hasn't been on the site since October 16th, so I'm going to assume he's gone inactive. He's played all thirteen playoff games, with lots of penalty minutes and lots of hits. We'll see what Doback's future is at the dispersal draft.

Eoin Byrne, 262 TPE @LatinViking

The best player on the Marauders. He has been on the site for 3 seasons, and got over point per game this season as a defenceman. He will join the Calgary Wranglers in the VHL next season. Byrne is a whiz in his own end and a magician in the opposing end. He is scary to play against.

Hulk Hogan Jr., 136 TPE @Beaviss

Since he's Beav's player, he gets a lot of pressure put on him. Named after one of the VHL all-time legends, expectations are high, and Hogan has met them so far. With 9 points in 13 playoff games, Hogan has earned ice time from vets and has earned TPE ferociously. I'll bet he'll get chosen in the VHL Draft just because all the GMs know what to expect with Beav.

JL Gunnar, 88 TPE @Big Mac

JL is Big Mac's recreate, so VHLM GMs pounced on him. Luckily, the Marauders were able to get him for the playoffs. Not a big point guy, but gets good hits and blocks shots real well. He probably won't go in the VHL draft this year, but he should go pretty high next year. 

Rara Rasputin, 224 TPE @Victor

I don't even call this dude by his real name. I call him 'Russia's Greatest Love Machine". And Russia's Greatest Love Machine has been a rock in net this season, with stats that are good for the VHLM . The Love Machine has been our saving grace in too many games to count, backstopping us to victory. It will be interesting to see how high he goes in the VHL draft.

Matthew A Sovick Jr., 96 TPE @matt sovick

The heir apparent to Russia's Greatest Love Machine in net. Sovick only played five games this season, but he's earned TPE consistently and will challenge for the starter role next season. He'll also stay with the Marauders because he was drafted by them

1,449 words