VSN Announcement

Doomsday

VSN.png

Good evening everyone,

It's been another successful season for VSN, in spite of some challenging circumstances. It's a testament to the hard work of all the writers, graphical wizards, contributors, and editors to keep bringing such wonderful content to you, and to continue to innovate and find new ways to do so. They don't get enough credit for that, and you all have my undying gratitude for all of your hard work. 

I was floored when Frostbeard handed the reigns of VSN to me upon his stepping down. I had lots of ideas, lots of things I felt I could do to not only keep VSN going strong, but better. With my passion as a writer and overall hype man for VSN, how could it go wrong? Well, as I found out, plenty. As it turns out, being poorly organized is not ideal to managing something like VSN. Combine that with severe anxiety, and I quickly began to realize that as much as I wanted to be, I simply was not suited to this position. At best, I was simply treading water. At worst, I was negatively impacting VSN, and all of those great people deserve more than treading water. I spoke to Beaviss about stepping down, and after confirming that this was indeed what I wanted, and ultimately needed to do, the search for the new Editor-In-Chief of VSN began. 

I am here tonight to announce that the Blue Team has completed the search, and that @Mr_Hatter is the new Editor-In-Chief of VSN! Congratulations, I hope that you are more up to this task than I was. I will be doing everything in my ability to make the transition as smooth as possible, including a potential return to the writing ranks of VSN. Part of my discussion with Beaviss was that I did not wish to leave VSN entirely, but would be perfectly happy to resume writing or contributing in any way the new boss found suitable. 

Thank you to those who have read this, and keep an eye out for more great VSN content in the days and weeks to come!

Love,

Dooms

@VSN

I'm honored to be the next Editor-in-Chief, and can't wait to get down to business. More importantly, thank you for all your hard work taking the reigns this past season @Doomsday; I hope I can live up to my predecessors and keep VSN up to the standards that I have inherited it at. Speaking of, I'd like to thank @FrostBeard for hiring me as a VSN writer originally; its been an absolute catalyst for me in the VHL and I can't be more grateful. 

Dooms you're incredibly humble and self-aware to take it upon yourself to identify this problem and be mature enough to make the call to step down. I hope you still stay on with VSN as a writer because you are one of the best writers on this site bar none from what I can tell. Best of luck to @Mr_Hatter!

For me of course this is sad to hear but I do truly wish you good luck @Doomsdayas in my mind you are one of the most talented writers in VHL. 
For @Mr_HatterI do wish good luck as I think you are capable and have the right mindset for the VSN Editor-in-chief position. I hope to see VSN bigger and better under your steel rule! 

Great stuff @Doomsday. It's not easy to make hard decisions, not easy to make them very publicly, and not easy to do make them in light of the heavy responsibilities of the job. The most important person in your life is you, and it sounds like you're doing a great job taking care of you. Thanks for your service, thanks for the VHL history, and I hope you find peace without the overwhelmingness of managing volunteers and meeting deadlines.

Party on Wayne ✌️