Saskatoon Wild Press Conference

a_Ferk

Questions for Week of 1/25 - 1/31/21

1. After acquiring goaltender Andrew Bowman, Saskatoon has battled to a 6-11-1 record, on the cusp of playoff positioning. What has bringing Bowman in done for the team?

- It's allowed us to have stability in the net, just need to have a solid team in front of him. 

2. With the massive turnover from the Season 75 roster to Season 76, which new pickup for the Wild do you think the VHLM should watch out for?

- Tanky, the man is a beast. 

3. After scoring 61 points in Season 75, team captain Braxton Hunter already has 33 points in just 18 games this season. How important is he to Saskatoon's chances this season?

- I'll let my teammates answer this one, I'm just here to set a good example and show how great it is to be a sasky boy. 

4. It's brutally cold in Saskatchewan this time of year, how do you guys manage to stay warm off the ice?

- Working out, easiest thing to stay warm. 

5. The Houston Bulls were the concensus favorite to win the Founder's Cup this season, but the Minnesota Storm are quickly turning into a major contender themselves. Do you see another team joining the fight for the top spot in the standings?

- No, Houston is on a whole other level. They just need 1-2 more pieces to cement themselves as the favourites.

6. What's something that you feel could really improve the VHLM experience?

- Being in Saskatoon, the experience has been second to none. The front office has done an amazing job supporting us and putting us in a position to improve. 

On 1/29/2021 at 8:55 AM, Doomsday said:

Questions for Week of 1/25 - 1/31/21

1. After acquiring goaltender Andrew Bowman, Saskatoon has battled to a 6-11-1 record, on the cusp of playoff positioning. What has bringing Bowman in done for the team?

2. With the massive turnover from the Season 75 roster to Season 76, which new pickup for the Wild do you think the VHLM should watch out for?

3. After scoring 61 points in Season 75, team captain Braxton Hunter already has 33 points in just 18 games this season. How important is he to Saskatoon's chances this season?

4. It's brutally cold in Saskatchewan this time of year, how do you guys manage to stay warm off the ice?

5. The Houston Bulls were the concensus favorite to win the Founder's Cup this season, but the Minnesota Storm are quickly turning into a major contender themselves. Do you see another team joining the fight for the top spot in the standings?

6. What's something that you feel could really improve the VHLM experience?

1. I think we had a bot goalie before, so that was huge

2. I like Tanky

3. He is one of our most valuable players, and we rely on him for offense most nights

4. Hot chocolate

5. Um, us? I think we could pull it together

6. I think it's great as is

1. It's been an up and down week for the Wild, having racked up a number of impressive wins before a 4-game skid. What does the team need to do to get back to winning ways?

2. In the last game, the Wild took conference-topping Minnesota to a shootout. Do results like this show that the team can compete with the best in the league?

3. Despite showing flashes of brilliance, is consistency the key for the Wild going forward?

4. As the league continues to take shape, are you confident that the Wild can claim a playoff place?

5. Two of the Wild's next three games are against Mississauga, who sit fifth in the eastern division. Are these two games that the team feels they should be winning?

6.  With the freezing weather currently about, have you been able to take advantage and skate on the pond during the winter season?

Questions for week ending February 13th

1. What are your thoughts on the Wild's season so far?

2. Who do you think will end the season with more goals, Gabriel Johnson or Braxton Hunter?

3. How does Tanky rack up so many penalty minutes?

4. Do you think we have a shot at making playoffs?

5. What's one good thing that has happened to you during the pandemic?

6. Who is your favourite teammate and why?

We need to be better, but we're still in the running to make the playoffs, so I'm feeling positive

2. Who do you think will end the season with more goals, Gabriel Johnson or Braxton Hunter?

I mean they're both great players, but if I was a betting ban, I've gotta go for Gabriel.

Because the clue is in the name. He's a tank. 

100%. We're only getting better as the season has gone on and I'm sure we'll make it.

I learned how to make cocktails. That's been a big help when the bars have been closed.

I've gotta say Braxton. He's such a good player and is helping me get my stats up!

As a new player I personally don't have much experience yet, but from the two games I have played I think we as a team played well and I think the team is trending upwards and will only get better.

Well first off it would've been me if I would've played the whole year, (that's a joke btw) but I don't know much about Johnson or Hunter (or really anyone) yet, so I'll just say Hunter, because he has more right now and he's a forward, so he should get more chances.

Simple answer: he's a tank.

I wouldn't say we're out, but I really don't think it's our main focus right now. It would be awesome if we did and I think it's very much a possibility, but personally atleast I'm just focusing on becoming a better player and not getting too ahead of myself. We'll see if we do at the end of the season.

Many good things have happened, since my country (Finland) was never really in a lockdown. I'd say finding new friends online is a good thing.

Definitely Jan Hlozek, no questions asked. He passed me the puck and I scored my first goal and I think he should honestly get half of the puck :D

On 2/9/2021 at 12:27 AM, a_Ferk said:

1. I think we've done well, but we can do better

2. Since Johnson is a defenseman, I'm going with Hunter

3. I like some previous answers. The guy's a tank

4. I think so. Us versus Las Vegas at this point

5. More time to spend with my family and dog

6. Braxton is a great captain and a great leader

1. It's been an up and down week for the Wild, having racked up a number of impressive wins before a 4-game skid. What does the team need to do to get back to winning ways?

Our biggest problem for the time being is consistency. When we get back to trusting one another and trusting ourselves, we'll be able to return to being a top team in the league.

2. In the last game, the Wild took conference-topping Minnesota to a shootout. Do results like this show that the team can compete with the best in the league?

Absolutely we can. The talent on this roster is here, and the hard work is here. As we get to know each other better towards the end of this season and the start of the next, we'll surely turn into the top team we know we can be.

3. Despite showing flashes of brilliance, is consistency the key for the Wild going forward?

For sure. You see it in some games where we play well against the top teams, then we can go and lay an egg against the bottom teams. Once we get that ironed out, we can play the way we know we can.

4. As the league continues to take shape, are you confident that the Wild can claim a playoff place?

It'll be hard for sure, but I believe.

5. Two of the Wild's next three games are against Mississauga, who sit fifth in the eastern division. Are these two games that the team feels they should be winning?

100%. It'll be a great test of whether we can just go and get work done consistently and efficiently.

6.  With the freezing weather currently about, have you been able to take advantage and skate on the pond during the winter season?

Not sure how I feel about that. It doesn't look anywhere near thick enough...

On 2/9/2021 at 12:27 AM, a_Ferk said:

Well it hasnt been good enough to make it in the playoffs, we will have to turn things around real soon to make it happen.

Ill bet on Hunter to end with more goals.

Hes just a real mean SOB.

Yes we do, were gonna have to go on a good winning streak to make her happen but we can do it!

I signed on with the Saskatoon Wild. 

Im just meeting most of my teammates for the first time so Im still trying to get to know most of them. Too early to pick favourites.

Questions for Week 2/15 - 2/21

How do you feel about the Wild's playoff chances after all the new pickups?

The team has been playing with a win one lose one streak lately how do you feel we can get on a winning streak?

What are your expectations for yourself in the final stretch?

How many wins do you believe we will end up with?

Do you feel you can take the next step and become a legend in either the VHLM or VHL

Who is your favourite new addition to the team?

1 hour ago, Gaudette said:

The team has been playing with a win one lose one streak lately how do you feel we can get on a winning streak?

Do you feel you can take the next step and become a legend in either the VHLM or VHL

1. I think we definitely have a shot, hopefully the Aces start losing

2. Our new waiver signings should really give us a boost

3. Point per game, for sure

4. Upwards of thirty five if everything goes smoothly

5. Maybe not VHL since I don't earn like crazy, but I could see myself doing good stuff in the M

6. Haha well I can't really say. I know Gaudette, Devise, and Seabass have history here.

3 hours ago, Gaudette said:

1. They certainly can't hurt. More players mean more options, more options mean more wins.

2. Ask ourselves what Master Splinter would do.

3. I expect nothing but the best for myself in my role. As backup goalie I will have NO LESS than 4 different kinds of Gatorade to go with VARIOUS citrus slices ready for the boys.

4. Somewhere in the mid thirties.

5. This agency has done it before and it can do it again.

6. As a huge narcissist I'd have to say myself, but Sven Reikkinen has been a friend for many years so he's a close second.

1. I think the pickups definitely help the team and at the moment we aren't very far from the playoffs, so I think it's possible for us to make it if we get on a roll!

2. We just have to keep playing consistent and good hockey and do our best and I think eventually we'll get going.

3. Nothing more than before. I think I've played an all around solid game so far and I want to continue that.

4. I think we'll get atleast 30 wins. 

5. I hope so. You need a lot of dedication and patience to become a legend and I'm not sure I got those. Well, we'll see if I was a legend when I retire.

6. Me? Niki? No, I won't say a specific player, because I think everyone is a good addition and brings something good and unique to the team.

Edited by MrShark
Typoed

1. I don't think the additions can hurt at least, and I think we can make the playoffs if everyone works hard to make it happen. 

2. We need to be consistent from now on and work hard for it. 

3. I want to help the team win and not be useless like I've been lately. 

4. Enough to make the playoffs. 

5. I think so, yes, but I have to work hard for it, and everyone on my team(s) has to too. I can't become a legend alone, no one can. 

6. I think the returning guys can bring in a lot of previous experience and maturity, but I won't name one. 

15 hours ago, Gaudette said:

1. In a word - fantastic. The atmosphere in the locker room has lifted and we're starting to get the results we deserve on the ice.

2. Once all the new guys have settled in, learned the systems, I'm confident that we can start putting together consistent wins.

3. My production has steadily gone up throughout the season. Obviously, I want to cut out the defensive mistakes, turnovers, and that's what I'm focusing on right now.

4.  The goal right now is to get to 30 wins, and then see from there.

5. I mean, there are so many legends in the history of these leagues. I'm just focusing on being the best player I can be, and whatever else is extra.

6. I won't lie, getting some help on the backend with the addition of Sven (@Devise) is a massive boost.

Edited by Bojovnik

On 2/16/2021 at 10:45 AM, Gaudette said:

1. Unlikely but not impossible. We have cranked up the offense in some instances so never say never.

2. Consistency. It seems to me we lose a lot of closer games but win blowouts. Maintaining the offensive prowess more consistently will lead to a win streak.

3. Just to make the most of my ice time and begin to show progress as a player. All you can really ask for with the games remaining.

4. 30 wins is a solid goal right now as a potential building block for a push if we get their fast enough.

5. God I certainly hope so it's been like ten damn players for me now literally.

6. Anime Protagonist obviously best back up and name in the game.

It didn't quite work out, but I think they've been huge not just for our play as a team but for our culture in the locker room. We won't be able to keep the team intact, but hopefully we'll be able to come close.

We have the same consistency problem we've had this whole season. The only way to get out of it is by trusting everyone around you and trusting yourself.

Win - there'd be no better way to close out the season than with some consistent playing.

Well, we've got 26 with 3 games left, so... 29. Let's gooooo

I don't need to be a legend. I just want to be an effective contributor on either the team I land on for the VHLM or the VHL. I think I can do that!

Honestly everyone has been great. The LR has become a much more fun place since they joined!

1. Where do you think you'll play next season? If you're getting drafted in the VHL, have any preference for what team selects you?

2. Although we didn't make playoffs, what's one good thing that happened to you this season?

3. Since we're done, are there any other teams you're rooting for?

4. Who do you think will win the Founder's Cup this season? (VHLM)

5. Do you pay much attention to the offseason tournaments? World Juniors, etc.

6. Have you ever visited Saskatoon/Saskatchewan? If so, why?

1. Where do you think you'll play next season? If you're getting drafted in the VHL, have any preference for what team selects you?

- Prague, unless they trade me

2. Although we didn't make playoffs, what's one good thing that happened to you this season?

The new additions to the roster, made it easy for me to be a captain.

Not really, more concerned with going up to the VHL

Houston, they're a powerhouse

- Not unless I'm playing in them

I have not, but I know people from there. 

43 minutes ago, a_Ferk said:

1. I'm in both drafts, so its going to be an interesting one. I've still got loads of unfinished business in Saskatoon and loved my time here. And from the VHL teams, I mean I'd love to play at home in Prague.

2. My play steadily got better through the year so I'm looking forward to taking that forward.

3. Nah, don't really care who wins in the VHLM. They're just holding the cup this year before they give it over to the Wild.

4. It will be difficult to bet against Moscow, to be honest.

5. This is my first time around, so I'm still learning about what goes on. I'll have to check to see if the selectors come calling.

6. I'd never been to Canada before moving to Saskatoon!

1 hour ago, a_Ferk said:

1. I really don't know, but I'd hope to be back here at Sasky. It's up to the GMs though. I'd love to be drafted by any EU team or specifically Prague ;)

2. The fact that I even got picked up by the team. I've really enjoyed my time here and our locker room is amazing! 

3. Probably not, haven't really paid attention to the rest of the league. 

4. I don't know, like I said I haven't paid attention to the league apart from us. 

5. I think I will, but not sure.

6. No, but I'd love to. My family just doesn't have enough money for it :(

12 hours ago, a_Ferk said:

1. Most likely on a VHLM team. Probably Prague, since like everybody is choosing that and I'd like to play with the guys from here. 

2. Getting to play on the same team with my brother. 

3. Don't really know much about the VHLM. 

4. Pretty sure Houston (?) was doing pretty well so them I guess. 

5. I probably won't play myself, so no. 

6. No, too poor for that unfortunately. 

On 2/22/2021 at 4:38 AM, a_Ferk said:

1. I am not getting drafted to the V so i do not know

2. I scored!

3. Not really don't pay much attention to other teams 

4. Mexico

5. not really

6. yes i was driving across Canada

On 2/22/2021 at 3:38 AM, a_Ferk said:

1. I'll probably be back here next season, I'm only at 130 or so TPE. I really don't have any preferences over which VHL team drafts me

2. I got a lot of points I guess

3. Not really, I don't really pay attention to other teams

4. I think Houston

5. I guess if I'm selected I'll probably pay more attention to it

6. Never before, actually. 

On 2/22/2021 at 2:38 AM, a_Ferk said:

1. I hope to be back here!
2. I got a 1 star game! 
3. Miami since my friend is on Miami
4. Mexico City Kings
5. I plan on watching it but this is my first season

6. I have not sadly