Update: Druss Deathwalker's Hit List

DDhit3.jpg.a30794250c749e6f2577d9a8b38dc53e.jpg

When Malmo rookie right winger Druss Deathwalker talked about his now-famous “Hit List” of the nine rival players that were drafted ahead of him in the S77 Entry Draft hence marking his slide out of the Top 10, the reactions were many. 

One journalist commented that Deathwalker “...stirred the pot enough to get some people talking already. [He’s} creating rivalries…”.

Another fan commented online, “Can’t wait until later in your career when you have crossed off every person on that list.

While most reactions were supportive of the “Hit List” - even some of the players on the list - seeing it as tongue-in-cheek and good fun for the league in the name of creating rivalries, a few looked down on it and shunned the notion of a personal vendetta taking league headlines away from the game itself.

One such ballyhooer was one of the Hit List’s targets, Riga Reign prospect Jan Hlozek, who was selected 8th overall. The only player on the Hit List who stayed down in the VHLM for S77 hence delaying Deathwalker’s chance of crossing off his name, Hlozek nevertheless made his disgust known immediately, calling Deathwalker out on social media directly following the interview and then following up in his own later interview.

I may or may not be forced to take presumptive retaliatory action, using my hockey stick as a weapon, given the challenge thrown down by yourself…” and, “I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in the VHL, because you'll be finished by the time I'm done with you.” He tweeted out shortly after the announcement of the Hit List.

Not one to back down, Deathwalker responded by accepting Hlozek’s challenge and saying that “...it's nothing personal, but a matter of principle.

Obviously, this did not sit well with the Czech defenseman as made plain during a scathing interview.

I don't know this guy and now he's saying that he wants to take me out. I've never heard of him, so I don't understand what problem he has with me.” he said during a recent media availability Skype call. “There's a reason why I went before him, because I can play… Maybe he's bitter, maybe he's jealous.” He went on to mock Deathwalker’s rookie season with Malmo, and suggested maybe the power forward wanted to go to Riga instead due to Sweden’s “cold and depressing” weather. He also refused to tone down his comments stating, “I want him to read this. I want him to be mad. I want him to be angry that he was drafted after me…  I proved in the VHLM that I am a better player than him, and I'll do that again when I get to Riga.

A little while later, Deathwalker posted his own statement in response to Hlozek’s comments:

"Ho! So the little defenseman thinks his words will scare me? That his toothpick of a hockey stick scares me? Ha! I’ll crush him and put him in my haggis! He’s right about one thing - I am bitter and mad - not jealous though. I’ve lived in Scotland - I can handle the cold. He apparently can’t. Maybe he should have played soccer if he likes the warmer climates of Riga. And he “proved” he’s a better player than me? Laddie, hang up your skates and go back to school. Last time I checked, 32-46-78 is greater than 20-43-63. Also, were you in any league Top-10 leaderboards during the season? Except my Hit List? No? That’s what I thought. I was among the leaders in at least five categories in my season so maybe you need to learn what being better means. And I don’t care if my 17 points in the big league doesn’t scare you. My 317 hits (7th in the league) should scare you. Cuz I’m saving some for you next season.

On a lighter note, I did cross off two more names of my List: Zeedayno Chara and (my former Hound teammate) Aurelien Moreau. Just Rolf Fizzlebeef Jr, That Dude, and the whiny one left. Good day!” 

@Bojovnik @Jubis @Frank @TacticalHammer  @Cornholio

Edited by animal74