Deathwalker's Hit List

animal74

“Since I didn't make the Top-10 in the draft, I have a new Top-10 list now - a Hit List of those who were drafted ahead of me. I'm coming for you.”

Those words were uttered by Malmo rookie right winger Druss Deathwalker at his post-draft online press conference after being selected 11th overall in the S77 VHL Entry Draft. Many scouts felt the huge power forward was guaranteed to be selected in the first ten spots but a run on defensemen saw him drop just outside to 11th - a fact he was not happy with.

To be frank with ye, I was fairly mad - and still am,” said Deathwalker during a recent post-game interview. “I haven’t forgotten. It fuels me. I wasn’t joking - I have that hit list and I’m crossing off names.

When asked if his fellow S77 draftee was serious about the hit list, teammate Brendan Telker nods vigorously. “He’s completely serious!” he confirms. “I’ve seen the list hanging in his stall. He has the upcoming games circled on a calendar and the list right beside it. Only four names are crossed off but you’ll have to ask him about that.

Deathwalker is indeed crashing his way through the league. With only 12 points to his credit to date, he hasn’t lit the scoreboard on fire yet, but he is climbing up the hits leaderboard and currently sits 8th with 274 hits which leads all rookies and the Nighthawks.

League game files show that Deathwalker's hit list got an early start as he crunched Davos’ 2nd overall pick, Reylynn Reinhart in Malmo’s sixth game of the season. 3rd overall pick, Duncan Idaho of Moscow was the next name off the list, getting hit by Deathwalker five games later. Then it was Toronto’s Asher Reinhart (6th OV) who got smacked twice in Game 115. Idaho’s Menace teammate and 1st overall pick Paul Atreides was the latest victim as he was sent flying by Deathwalker six games ago in Game 472.

nizJwa9.jpg   bs2pW1R.jpg

Deathwalker lays the boom down on Duncan Idaho and Asher Reinhart.

There are four names left for this season as New York’s Zeedayno Chara (4th OV), Calgary’s Rolf Fizzlebeef Jr (7th), Helsinki’s Aurelien Moreau (9th), and London’s That Dude (10th) have thus eluded Deathwalker's intent. Riga’s 8th overall pick, Jan Hlozek, has yet to play in the VHL this season. Malmo has games remaining against New York, Helsinki, and London but their series against the Wranglers has finished so Deathwalker will have to wait until next season for a chance to cross Fizzlebeef Jr off his list.

Meanwhile, in spite of trading away key veterans Marshall John Frostbeard and Chris Hylands, the Nighthawks find themselves squarely in the playoff race as they are tied with Davos for the last play-in spot but Riga and Moscow are also within three points.

I want to play my best hockey,” said Deathwalker. “I won’t let my personal vendetta get in the way of us potentially getting to the playoffs. But, if the opportunity presents itself, to cross another name off of my list, I won’t hesitate to lay them out. As for Fizzlebeef and Hlozek, just know I will take note of our games next season and I will be ready and waiting!

Mentions: @Telkster @Mr_Hatter @Ricer13 @OrbitingDeath  @Jubis @rjfryman @TacticalHammer  @Bojovnik @Frank @Cornholio @FrostBeard @Hylands

Edited by animal74

I may or may not be forced to take presumptive retaliatory action, using my hockey stick as a weapon, given the challenge thrown down by yourself, good sir.

As the group of philosophers Wu-Tang Clan once said, protect your neck, son.

Edited by Bojovnik

8 hours ago, Bojovnik said:

I may or may not be forced to take presumptive retaliatory action, using my hockey stick as a weapon, given the challenge thrown down by yourself, good sir.

As the group of philosophers Wu-Tang Clan once said, protect your neck, son.

Your challenge of retaliatory action to my challenge is accepted!

i accept cary elwes GIF

Good luck on your hit list. Your media spot had very creative subject material and stirred the pot enough to get some people talking already. Your creating rivalries with this media spot and that makes the vhl a funner experience. You added quotations from not only yourself but from other members as well getting even more players involved and supported your subject with photos. This was a fun read, keep it up.

10/10

51 minutes ago, Bojovnik said:

I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in the VHL, because you'll be finished by the time I'm done with you. I wish you a pleasant evening.

And you as well, sir. I hope you understand, it's nothing personal, but a matter of principal. 😉

review: the storyline will need to continue throughout your career! well written good format i like how you built the hype for it and picked the names. hopefully we see this continue while you add on to your hit list! just a fun piece i enjoy and seeing the community react and get the buzz for it is always something i like myself it shows that people who read your work actually did and enjoyed it. 9/10